PDA

View Full Version : Phone reboots when plugged into charger after Nightly #33.

Aydos
07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Just like the subject says. I updated to nightly 33 today like I have done every morning since CM7 came out for droid X.

However, today when I plug it into the charger it reboots. I has done it the 2 times I plugged it in today.

It does not do it when hooked to the USB in my car or the USB on my laptop, but it does off of the charger on my multimedia dock.

It is fine on there after the reboot.

DieseL
07-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Same issue here and that was after a data wipe. I went back to 31.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Aydos
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I am actually SBFing right now. I will post the results afterwards. Also, it seems to reboot if a text or email goes to it as well when the screen is off. Now that I think about it, I believe that the screen was off the 2 times I plugged it in when it rebooted as well. I am sensing a patter :tongue:

popcenator
07-18-2011, 02:05 PM
What's fixed my reboot issues has been to restore a backup of a good version...then reinstall the current nightly.

on the move..

shftn2gear97
07-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Letting you know...no issue for me here on 33

DieseL
07-18-2011, 02:49 PM
That seemed to do it for me. Flashed 33 over 31 and seemed to take care of the issue.

razorloves
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Just like the subject says. I updated to nightly 33 today like I have done every morning since CM7 came out for droid X.

However, today when I plug it into the charger it reboots. I has done it the 2 times I plugged it in today.

It does not do it when hooked to the USB in my car or the USB on my laptop, but it does off of the charger on my multimedia dock.

It is fine on there after the reboot.
i have seen reports of this on a few different sites this morning. plugging phone into media dock causing reboots or bootloops. not sure whats causing it.

Aydos
07-18-2011, 03:00 PM
That seemed to do it for me. Flashed 33 over 31 and seemed to take care of the issue.

Odd.

Mine was a fresh SBF, then a back up of my 31, and then a flash of 33 and I had the problems.

I will see how this SBF goes. I was not paying attention and accidently ran my 3 part GB before my CM7 lol. Have to SBF again. That is what I get for trying to do it while working.

DieseL
07-18-2011, 03:07 PM
That was a first for me with reboots on CM7. Had flashbacks to Froyo. The reboots were in the multimedia dock and the car dock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Aydos
07-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok I just did a clean install (SBF to froyo, Z4, D2 Bootstrap, CM7 #33, all in one fix number 2 by razorloves, gapps, and the baseband update) and it works fine when plugged into the dock.

BTW I tested it on the home dock. I am at work so I could not test in the car dock.

This only took about 15 minutes to do tops so it is not a bad fix for anyone else using a dock.

I hope this helps.

Aydos
07-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Well It does not reboot on the dock anymore but it has randomly rebooted 3 times in the last few minutes since I wrote this.

Aydos
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
NM rebooted on dock the third time.