PDA

View Full Version : Acer iconia a500

l1GHTNING1
07-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Just picked up this tablet. Loving it. Honeycomb 3.01 rooted. Anyone else have experience with this tablet? By the way 150 dollars cheaper than XOOM same specs.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Droid-Xer
07-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Same hardware as xoom but far from equal. :)

l1GHTNING1
07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Well back it up with why. Every review even on XOOM tablet form said they were equal. Only difference now is XOOM running honeycomb 3.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Droid-Xer
07-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Xoom is a dev device. If you're into hacking then good luck with the a500. The xoom has pure google on it. No manufacturer skin. Moto build quality is second to none.

Leach19m
07-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Xoom is a dev device. If you're into hacking then good luck with the a500. The xoom has pure google on it. No manufacturer skin. Moto build quality is second to none.

Word! I originally purchased the A500 but ended up swapping and paying the extra 150 for the Xoom because it was straight android and the dev support is outstanding. If you're interested in overclocking, themeing, and ROMs, you may want to look pretty seriously at the xoom.

Loving me some CM4DX

Garemlin
07-18-2011, 08:40 PM
I have the A500 and the Asus Transformer and they are both great tablets. Previously had a Xoom but just couldn't constitute the price. I agree the Xoom is better from a development standpoint. But taking that out of the equation the A500 performed way better than the Xoom. As well as having a better display.

Be sure to stop by our sister forum dedicated to the A500. Acer Tablet Forum (http://www.acertabletforum.com/forum/forum.php)

EarnheadJim
07-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I've had an Acer a500 for about 3 weeks now. It is running 3.1 after an OTA. I haven't rooted it but I love it. I have the WugPatched gb tether patch on my droid x and use it to enable mobile wifi hotspot when I am away from a wifi network. It works great on the a500 to connect to the phones 3g to have internet. Does everything I want it to do, play music, movies and pictures look great and flash for internet. Also use it as a book reader and play a few games. Reasonable price for my first tablet

dubyatee
08-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Has anybody tried to plug an air card into the usb outlet. I got out of range of my wi fi and tried to plug my air card into the tab. Couldnt get on line.