PDA

View Full Version : 2nd init roms: animation issues

kochoid
07-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I cant b the only one, can I? No matter the rom--cm4dx, ssx, liquid, or justice--the anims to apps, within apps, between home screens--on several diff launchers--and in/out app drawer are choppy. I've overclocked, I've run the supercharger script and no matter. my dx on these roms just sucks. Does anyone else out there have these issues with the 2nd init hack?

flying Liberty GB v0.8

abqnm
07-17-2011, 02:16 AM
I find that the animations on CM7 are smoother than stock froyo, ApeX 1.4.1, Liberty, ApeX 2.0 and stock GB 596. I have no issues with choppy or laggy animations. I am not overclocked, just undervolted and I don't use the supercharger script as it causes me serious reboot issues and causes the phone to get frozen in deep sleep requiring a battery pull. I have had fluid animations on both ADW EX and GoLauncher EX. Every once in a while, there will be a slight blip, but that is usually only if the launcher is redrawing. I also set my transition and window animation speeds to fast in spare parts, but I have tested at all speeds and don't have any issues. Not sure how you could have issues on all those ROMs, unless it is an app you are using or the supercharger is too aggressive.

JNEHAMA
07-27-2011, 06:40 AM
I have used cm7, ssx, and liquid. They all have some issues but never an issue with animations. They usually run smooth/er than other roms I've used. This is with and without using the supercharging script. One thing I did note on my X the high memory option in supercharge did run into some lagginess, but the gaming option has been a great all around setting. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Zog
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Are you running update 8? The new megamemory has adjusted memfree values. On update 5 I had used the gaming setting instead.

zombiestomped :: dx

Nemo aeternamn
07-28-2011, 12:25 AM
i've only had an issue with liquid being chopy.... but right now i'm on justice with no problems... and with the boot animation... i've just taken the animation out of data/local out of incredibly re-engineered and just set it in system/media and changed the file in data/local to a .bak file.... hmm... there's maybe something for you to check... see where the boot animation is... and if it's not system media... set it there... i think that could help and would be worth a shot...
as far as the launchers i have no lag and i'm not overclocked or running the v6 scripts