PDA

View Full Version : LiquidX Bugs

Halfie
07-15-2011, 11:33 PM
May as well post any bugs you may find while on LiquidX. Ill start with a widely known one, Android Overclock doesn't work (fixed by installing Quickclock and loading its module).

Sent from my Droid X using Droid X Forums

Casey
07-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but for some reason my notification LED blinks random colors whenever I have a text message/missed call/etc. I know there's an option for this (Liquid Settings > Interface > LED Notifications > Advanced), but none of these boxes are checked and yet it keeps randomizing the LED. I also used the "Reset" option in there which didn't fix the problem either. Anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it?

Dvan
07-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I can't install any apps from the market.....get insufficiant storage on device error lol

Talon66721
07-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Just loaded Liquid last night, and been really nice. However, today, I've had three freezes, first time it rebooted, second I had to pull the battery, and last it rebooted. The first time I was trying to answer a text. The next two, I was trying to run Quickclock Advance. It did it at the tail end of finding the vsel, but not the way it should, that was the battery pull one. Ok, it did it again when I tried to SuperCharge it after I OC'd it. Supercharge took fine this time. Kinda strange, otherwise it's doing great. Anyone else have this problem?

Leach19m
07-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Just loaded Liquid last night, and been really nice. However, today, I've had three freezes, first time it rebooted, second I had to pull the battery, and last it rebooted. The first time I was trying to answer a text. The next two, I was trying to run Quickclock Advance. It did it at the tail end of finding the vsel, but not the way it should, that was the battery pull one. Ok, it did it again when I tried to SuperCharge it after I OC'd it. Supercharge took fine this time. Kinda strange, otherwise it's doing great. Anyone else have this problem?

Mine locked up and rebooted when i used quickclock too, but only when I tried to apply the max speed. When I set it to the balanced profile it went fine.

Loving me some CM4DX

Talon66721
07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Good to know, Leach, thanks. That's what I usually set it at, but this time I decided to make it fast. Haven't had any more since I got all my speed enhancements set up. I'll keep you posted if I do, though.

Leach19m
07-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Dolphin browser mini, when I push the menu button, it crashes. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't fix it...so it seems to be a liquid bug. Can anyone else confirm?

Loving me some CM4DX

fnmetal
07-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Anyone else have a super slow boot animation? noticed this on justice and liquid..

Leach19m
07-16-2011, 03:05 PM
I think it's just the animations from the rom. I deleted the bootanimation.zip in data/local so it would revert back to my other animation and it played like normal.

Loving me some CM4DX

fnmetal
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I think it's just the animations from the rom. I deleted the bootanimation.zip in data/local so it would revert back to my other animation and it played like normal.

Loving me some CM4DX
Did you flash liquid over cm7?

Leach19m
07-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, after wiping data, cache, dalvik

Loving me some CM4DX

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-16-2011, 03:39 PM
My battery icon constantly goes back to the stock one. Right now I have the synrgy theme. It works fine on my brothers ascend so I know it's not the theme.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Halfie
07-16-2011, 04:25 PM
My battery icon constantly goes back to the stock one. Right now I have the synrgy theme. It works fine on my brothers ascend so I know it's not the theme.

Liquid basically overwrites any battery that doesn't have 1% increments included and reverts it to its own style. I've noticed tthis on four themes.

Halfie
07-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't install any apps from the market.....get insufficiant storage on device error lol

Re install Liquid and re wipe data/cache.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Liquid basically overwrites any battery that doesn't have 1% increments included and reverts it to its own style. I've noticed tthis on four themes.

That really, really sucks ):
But I guess I can deal with it..
Do you know of any way to add 1% to them? Because if so I'll just take it from another theme and put it in the synrgy one.

onlyred
07-16-2011, 05:05 PM
I have xEVO Whiteout theme installed and it seems to be doing what it's supposed to be doing.. it's not the circle widget I saw in the OG screenshots for this theme but in all fairness, it was a bar on CM7. Just glad it's maintaining its 1% increments.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z254/onlyred/snap20110716_175734.png

smalltowngirl13
07-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I flashed liquid over ssx, did a cache/data/davlik cache wipe & restored my apps thru titanium backup but none of my apps are showing as installed in the market when I go to my apps but if I search for one, it says they are installed... thoughts?

~~ sent from my x~~

HarleyDude
07-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I flashed liquid over ssx, did a cache/data/davlik cache wipe & restored my apps thru titanium backup but none of my apps are showing as installed in the market when I go to my apps but if I search for one, it says they are installed... thoughts?

~~ sent from my x~~

Clear market in settings and re-sync. Do the same if you use appbrain. The market sees it as a different phone

Mercrae
07-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I can't use widget locker with liquid so far. If I open widgetlocker, all of the bars aren't able to be interacted with... had a heck of a time getting back into my phone. Just had to uninstall widgetlocker :(

Sent from my liquid smooth X

BHuber09
07-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm having a weird problem.
I wiped everything from cm7 to liquid and my gallery says my SD isn't inserted. However astro es and supermanager all work perfectly. Any ideas?

FreeMyMoto!!!

smalltowngirl13
07-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Clear market in settings and re-sync. Do the same if you use appbrain. The market sees it as a different phone

Thank you HD!

~~ sent from my x~~

HarleyDude
07-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Thank you HD!

~~ sent from my x~~

Cool, I guess that means you are in sync with the market again, yqw

smalltowngirl13
07-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Cool, I guess that means you are in sync with the market again, yqw

Yes, all is good in my world now...I hadn't even thought of that...

~~ sent from my x~~

craig7220
07-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Thank you HD!

~~ sent from my x~~

Yep thanks HD. I was having same issue.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

HarleyDude
07-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Yep thanks HD. I was having same issue.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Cool, 2 fixes with one post (I've got 5 X'es on the market, but only one in my possession. Every new ROM is a new X on the market)

Bkdodger
07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
HD the finisher strikes again. .holler y'all

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

cleopete
07-17-2011, 12:59 AM

Re install Liquid and re wipe data/cache.

Me too, did that work for you Dvan? The Amazon Market works just fine.

[Edit] Never mind, I just cleared cache and dalvik and rebooted. Had to do a battery pull to get it running again, but Market is working now. Still can't decide if I like this new app better or not.

raymond513
07-17-2011, 08:42 AM
If I try charging when the its powered off it always reboots.

Talon66721
07-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Hey, Ray, that's a known issue with any of the cm7 based roms. SSX, CM, Liquid, they all turn on when you pluc them in to charge. If you're trying to calibrate your battery, maybe put it in airplane mode when it turns on when you're recharging it.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.3, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

raymond513
07-17-2011, 11:08 AM
ok thanks

Dvan
07-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Me too, did that work for you Dvan? The Amazon Market works just fine.

[Edit] Never mind, I just cleared cache and dalvik and rebooted. Had to do a battery pull to get it running again, but Market is working now. Still can't decide if I like this new app better or not.

I had to sbf and install liquid from a fresh froyo install to get my market working again

Droidinite
07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok I have a good one. My radio is showing as off and I have no service. I came from cm7 and wipes cache and data and dalvik. Is there a setting for this somewhere? Thanks

Droidinite
07-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Disregard my previous post. I had airplane mode on. Lol I'm an idiot

boudreaux1
07-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Anyone else having trouble changing contact icons?

Talon66721
07-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Hello, first off: Mods, I'm not sure where to post this, so if it's wrong here, could you let me know how to make it right, please? Thank you.

Ok, here's my quandry and why I put it here: The new market that comes with this rom, well, it's new and I can't for the life of me figure out where or how to leave a review for a particular app. If anyone has figured it out, could you please tell me what I'm missing. Thank you again.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.3, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

Bkdodger
07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello, first off: Mods, I'm not sure where to post this, so if it's wrong here, could you let me know how to make it right, please? Thank you.

Ok, here's my quandry and why I put it here: The new market that comes with this rom, well, it's new and I can't for the life of me figure out where or how to leave a review for a particular app. If anyone has figured it out, could you please tell me what I'm missing. Thank you again.

Go to app scroll to rate review and tap on it

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

MadCutter
07-17-2011, 09:39 PM
So has anyone got quickclock to work yet? All I'm getting is "failed to set cpu"... and also fails to auto configure

Talon66721
07-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Hey, thank you very much, BK, that was really bothering me!

Mad, I got Quick to work on mine. Actually, better than usual, so I can confirm it working on here.

Bkdodger
07-18-2011, 07:22 AM
@Talon most welcomed ..I'm ok with new market just like them themed so I think going back to regular..

@Mad I have QC working just not sticking on reboot for me ..

Sent from elGato's X..
Flash alert warning!!!!

oobster
07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Just let the phone die to complete a battery calibration, now it wont boot. when first plugged it, it got to boot logo and died. now even though its plugged in, nothing will happen.

thoughts?

mr2guy18
07-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm trying to change the boot animation in the liquid settings but it says working and running command but doesn't work anyone else have that problem?

Halfie
07-18-2011, 11:14 AM
It stays on that for 10-15 seconds then it just stops, but after a reboot your bootanimation will be changed.

mr2guy18
07-18-2011, 11:40 AM
It doesn't change though I've tried a few different ones and restarted my phone and it hasn't worked yet...

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I can't get into recovery. If I turn off my phone and hold the home key I can get into the built in recovery but that's pretty useless.
So I'm just wondering if there is anyone else that is having or has had this problem because it's very annoying and I have no idea what to do.
And before the question gets asked, no, I did not use bootstrap. I did use liberty toolbox though, but only to use hot reboot. And please make sbf the last option, because if I do that then I need to reflash my phone and that takes over an hour to do.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Just let the phone die to complete a battery calibration, now it wont boot. when first plugged it, it got to boot logo and died. now even though its plugged in, nothing will happen.

thoughts?

I had the same stupid problem the first time mine died. I left it on the charger for like 5 minutes then when I was about to go to a Verizon store i unplugged it and it magically turned on. Then I put it back on the charger and well, that was the end of the charging problem.

Sean Wristen
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I am running Liquid 2.3 kick ass rom love it.Tha only things I come across, are THB will work (leeks not showing) And I would like to have bettery life
If someone could point me to a pots or if some of you know what I get do . (out side of freezing apps and running out the battery out to wipe bat. stats. Any help would be super . THANK YOU

Wrapped
07-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I can't get into recovery. If I turn off my phone and hold the home key I can get into the built in recovery but that's pretty useless.
So I'm just wondering if there is anyone else that is having or has had this problem because it's very annoying and I have no idea what to do.
And before the question gets asked, no, I did not use bootstrap. I did use liberty toolbox though, but only to use hot reboot. And please make sbf the last option, because if I do that then I need to reflash my phone and that takes over an hour to do.

It doesn't give you a recovery option when you hold the power button to shut down?

Also, you have a hot reboot option in the liquid settings, under liquid settings > system.

Wrapped
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
I've calibrated the battery twice. On my 3rd cycle now. I just watched it jump from 12% to 4%.

onlyred
07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I am running Liquid 2.3 kick ass rom love it.Tha only things I come across, are THB will work (leeks not showing) And I would like to have bettery life
If someone could point me to a pots or if some of you know what I get do . (out side of freezing apps and running out the battery out to wipe bat. stats. Any help would be super . THANK YOU

What I did was wipe cache, user data, dalvik cache and battery stats when I installed. Then I played with the phone for a while. It died in about 5 hours lol Then I charged it back up all the way, used Battery Calibration by NeMa while still plugged in. Unplugged it, let it die (took about 12 hours to die that time) and charged it back to 100% without unplugging at all until it was 100%. It *was* on and running, though the recommendation is to turn it off when it was charging. Today I got 22 hours with moderate use and it was still at 35%. I am very happy, they say the more charge cycles, the better it gets.

Also for the person who couldn't get their phone to boot after it died.. it takes quite some time of charging when it shuts off due to dead battery for it to have sufficient charge to revive itself enough to boot. In my case it took like 10 mins and scared me. We are actually not supposed to let them die with these ROMs I think, a lesson I learned after several minutes of heart failure. :)

Halfie
07-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Actually, has anybody got the TBH app to work?

Wrapped
07-18-2011, 10:48 PM

It starts up, but the leaks page is empty...

Sean Wristen
07-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Ya same here

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-19-2011, 12:43 AM
It doesn't give you a recovery option when you hold the power button to shut down?

Also, you have a hot reboot option in the liquid settings, under liquid settings > system.

It does give me the option, but it freezes whenever I try to get into recovery.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-19-2011, 12:45 AM

In build.prop instead of were it says "Droid X" make it say "DROIDX" then it should work.

Wrapped
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Anyone else having launcher pro force close every time the phone boots up? Reinstalled it with no change. It works great after it reloads, it's just annoying to force close it every time I boot up the phone.

Wrapped
07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
In build.prop instead of were it says "Droid X" make it say "DROIDX" then it should work.

I just did this and didn't get a force close on launcher pro! Might be great little fix you got there.

smalltowngirl13
07-19-2011, 11:04 AM

My leaks page was still blank after editing and rebooting...

~~ sent from my x~~

Jersey
07-19-2011, 11:06 AM

~~ sent from my x~~

How did you go about exciting the build prop? I did it thru liberty tool box even though I'm on liquid and had no problems but yes I did have to reboot once complete

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
How did you go about exciting the build prop? I did it thru liberty tool box even though I'm on liquid and had no problems but yes I did have to reboot once complete

I have always just hit my back key, yes to save changes & reboot...

~~ sent from my x~~

Wrapped
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM

~~ sent from my x~~

Make sure you don't leave a space between DROID and X. Saying that because I did. First edit I just changed it to DROID X. Didn't work, so I doubled checked and noticed the space. Changed it to DROIDX, works like a charm.

Carpetman
07-19-2011, 11:27 AM
In instead of were it says "Droid X" make it say "DROIDX" then it should work.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" Where do I find build.prop ?

Jersey
07-19-2011, 11:31 AM
I have always just hit my back key, yes to save changes & reboot...

~~ sent from my x~~

Yeah idk I went into liberty's toolbox went to prop editor then build prop then changed then hit save then hit home key then reboot

Jersey
07-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Where do I find build.prop ?

Liberty tool box, liberty mods, build properties, file editor, /system/build.prop

14 lines down you should see Droid X

smalltowngirl13
07-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Where do I find build.prop ?

System/build.prop

~~ sent from my x~~

TideFan22
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
In root explorer,, scroll to system/folder, click it and it will be there a few lines down, if u want to make changes to it, mount it as RW then long-press it and scroll down to open in text-editor,and change it and then when ur done, click back button and make sure to save it when it ask..

From my Simply Stunning X

Carpetman
07-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Be sure that you use all capital letters, that's what got mine to working.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I just did this and didn't get a force close on launcher pro! Might be great little fix you got there.

I wish I was the one to figure it out, but I was just sharing information from another forum haha. I didn't even bother doing it though but now I'm going to, I hate that first force close on launcherpro EVERY time it first boots up.

sgthwjack
07-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't know if this is a bug or no but I cannot get USB mass storage to work at all. I have tried everything I can think of and it just sits there with the circular working indicator for as long as I let it. Tried it on Windows 7 laptop, XP Netbook, and Ubuntu laptop. Debugging on or off makes no difference. Phone shows up as optical drive and CD drive but never can get access to the SD card. One driver fails to install, MTP USB device. Never had this problem on 596 rooted or Apex RC2 so I am thinking maybe a setting somewhere that I am missing. I can acess the card with File Expert through the wireless network(SMB) but USB is a no go. Not the cable or ports since I am using the same as I used to SBF back to Froyo. Anyway, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Shaun
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Don't know if this is a bug or no but I cannot get USB mass storage to work at all. I have tried everything I can think of and it just sits there with the circular working indicator for as long as I let it. Tried it on Windows 7 laptop, XP Netbook, and Ubuntu laptop. Debugging on or off makes no difference. Phone shows up as optical drive and CD drive but never can get access to the SD card. One driver fails to install, MTP USB device. Never had this problem on 596 rooted or Apex RC2 so I am thinking maybe a setting somewhere that I am missing. I can acess the card with File Expert through the wireless network(SMB) but USB is a no go. Not the cable or ports since I am using the same as I used to SBF back to Froyo. Anyway, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Check your recent apps, some apps may not be compatible.. I had this problem after downloading Droid X Forums, and then after I uninstalled the app everything was fine again.. May or may not help you but worth a try..

scarabshell
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Loaded up perfect, but been having a weird problem, after screen is off and locks it wont wake, hafta battery pull. Think it might be this phone itself, it can't handle running 340, it will reboot like mad no matter how many wipes. Got a new phone coming Tuesday. Will update how it goes then

Update: got my replacement and no problems yet!

onlyred
07-20-2011, 05:49 PM

This did not work for me, sadly mine's still FC-ing on boot-up. :(

Wrapped
07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
After 3 battery calibrations my battery life is actually improving. It's 7:30pm and I'm at 60%.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-20-2011, 08:02 PM
This did not work for me, sadly mine's still FC-ing on boot-up. :(

Mine still force closes too. Oh well, I can deal with one force close.

eazyp79
07-20-2011, 09:21 PM
i'm getting not so great battery life. when i check the battery status, phone idle is 35% and cell standby is 21%. display is only 16%. in 6 hours, i dropped 25% with minimal use.

what exactly do phone idle and cell standby do? (besides drain my battery)

noclue41
07-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Something funny happens when trying to watch Netflix or YouTube over wifi while using bluetooth headset. It appears to interfere with loading, and videos constantly buffer. Bummer, i like that headset. Pandora works fine.

I have an extended battery, but it does look like it is draining faster. normally, i would still be about 80% at night when i charge, but now it is closer to 60%.

noclue41
07-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Can't GPS to work. Was that known?

HYT1993
07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
have anyone been getting gps issues i cant seem to connect .

sgthwjack
07-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Well I still can't get USB mass storage to work. Can I just wipe everything and reflash Liquid from recovery? This is only my second ROM so I am not sure how to do it. Thanks.

jloya
07-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Well I still can't get USB mass storage to work. Can I just wipe everything and reflash Liquid from recovery? This is only my second ROM so I am not sure how to do it. Thanks.

yes, you can wipe data/ cache/ davlik cache and then reflash liquid

sgthwjack
07-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks, good timing too! Just finished charging up, hope that is good sign. LOL

Update: Reflash worked, USB working now. Thanks again.

Dvan
07-21-2011, 07:35 PM
have anyone been getting gps issues i cant seem to connect .

Nope mine works perfectly

ogrekane313
07-21-2011, 07:46 PM
where can i get that theme i like the notifification bar

Wrapped
07-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Nope mine works perfectly

Mine too. Used the GPS today.

HYT1993
07-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Nvm I guess it didn't work for me earlier because of my location not my software. But other then that everything's works great the battery life is Much better then cm4dx or ssx. Ive been discharging my phone about 9 hours and its still on at 40%

goldsmitht
07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
new problem, or i can't find it: Video isn't working. Camera works, looks like the AOSP, and is 8.0 mps, however video locks up camera, and have to reboot to get camera to work. Help, i do like my video camera

EDIT: flashed Razorloves All In One Fix Zip for CM4DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1347-All-In-One-Fix-Zip-for-CM4DX) on my DX running LIQUID, and fixed the camcorder and camera! Thanks (hope he doesn't mind i cross posted this from Rootzwiki)

Talon66721
07-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Well, I read something on here this morning before work that maybe I had a bad dl in the first place. Someone said that they reflashed a fresh dl, and it stopped all the freezes and reboots, which is what I'm having. Well, I dl'd the new v 2.4, all the checksums match up, transferred to my phone, went into clockwork, and can't choose any of the options because the camera button won't work for it. Please, someone, tell me I'm making a stupid, simple mistake and that I don't have to sbf back to froyo to reflash this, because I really don't want to wipe data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been a rough day with all the freezes happening when I needed my phone right then, give me some good news now that I'm just a little slow and missing something. Thanks in advance.

JNEHAMA
07-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, I read something on here this morning before work that maybe I had a bad dl in the first place. Someone said that they reflashed a fresh dl, and it stopped all the freezes and reboots, which is what I'm having. Well, I dl'd the new v 2.4, all the checksums match up, transferred to my phone, went into clockwork, and can't choose any of the options because the camera button won't work for it. Please, someone, tell me I'm making a stupid, simple mistake and that I don't have to sbf back to froyo to reflash this, because I really don't want to wipe data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been a rough day with all the freezes happening when I needed my phone right then, give me some good news now that I'm just a little slow and missing something. Thanks in advance.

I flashed 2.4 over 2.3 yesterday using the 40.05 cwm recovery yesterday with cache, dalvick wipes without problems. Has your camera button have problems before? I have not come across this as an issue except for people with broken cam buttons.

I think you could try flashing it via Rom manager. It has an option to flash rom from sd card. Once you click on the correct file and check off the wipes you want, it handles the recovery portion. I don't think it requires you to use the camera button. I put a Screenshot from rom manager.

JNEHAMA
07-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Here's a better screenshot. The approach I'm suggesting is the first one under rom management. Good luck!

Talon66721
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I flashed 2.4 over 2.3 yesterday using the 40.05 cwm recovery yesterday with cache, dalvick wipes without problems. Has your camera button have problems before? I have not come across this as an issue except for people with broken cam buttons.

I think you could try flashing it via Rom manager. It has an option to flash rom from sd card. Once you click on the correct file and check off the wipes you want, it handles the recovery portion. I don't think it requires you to use the camera button. I put a Screenshot from rom manager.

Thank you so much! I can't even get two sentences on my phone to reply to you without it locking up and rebooting on me. Anyway, I was saying, I'm so flustered today that I didn't even think about Rom Manager. I'll give that a shot. My camera button doesn't work, but I thought that it was just because of the rom, it being a known bug I thought. I just got this phone on warranty a few weeks ago because some of the hardware on my original quit functioning right. It worked before I flashed liquid. I'll let you know how it plays out for me. Thank you again, very much.

JNEHAMA
07-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Thank you so much! I can't even get two sentences on my phone to reply to you without it locking up and rebooting on me. Anyway, I was saying, I'm so flustered today that I didn't even think about Rom Manager. I'll give that a shot. My camera button doesn't work, but I thought that it was just because of the rom, it being a known bug I thought. I just got this phone on warranty a few weeks ago because some of the hardware on my original quit functioning right. It worked before I flashed liquid. I'll let you know how it plays out for me. Thank you again, very much.

You're very welcome and just a reminder the boot up is longer with a dalvick wipes and it looks like it's boot looping. Give it a full five minutes before doing a battery pull.

Talon66721
07-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Sir, thank you!!!! It worked like a charm. Maybe I've just cooked too much of my brain working out in this heat wave, wow, I feel like a slow kid for missing that. But, so much better than having to sbf and reload 250 apps again. Thank you for the rescue, you get to be my hero the whole rest of the day now!!

JNEHAMA
07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Sir, thank you!!!! It worked like a charm. Maybe I've just cooked too much of my brain working out in this heat wave, wow, I feel like a slow kid for missing that. But, so much better than having to sbf and reload 250 apps again. Thank you for the rescue, you get to be my hero the whole rest of the day now!!

I'm glad it worked! :-) You need to check out your camera button though because eventually you will need it. If it's not working you'll probably have to get them to send you a new one. But enjoy for now.

Talon66721
07-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm glad it worked! :-) You need to check out your camera button though because eventually you will need it. If it's not working you'll probably have to get them to send you a new one. But enjoy for now.

Hey, just wanted to let you know, I went ahead and sbf'd (fun to get to the bootloader without the camera button working), but I got it. You'll never guess, but I tried the camera button back on stock and it didn't work after all. You ever get tired of being right? Lol. Guess I do need to go get another one sent out. That sucks, because this one just got sent to me within the last few weeks. Thanks again for the heads up!

chazall1
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I have been running LGX current 2.4 and CM7 from RC to nit 42. I use Better Term Eliminator Pro, I have always liked to change my boot animations, WITH Sound. I have the sh bootsnd.sh file on my sd card. In LGX 2.3 and all the CM7 nits, all I had to do was to open a terminal Eliminator app and by following the instruction to the letter, su, #cd sdcard, #sd card#and command, sh bootsnd.sh, and this has always worked. BUT in 2.4, In my Term Elimin when I type su, I do get root, # but when I enter cd sdcard, it stays in the root directory # I have used other eliminators, all the same, In CM7 nit 42, it functions normal.
Thanks

I figured it out, NO BUG, I just cleared cache in the Term Elim, Sorry for the Post. GREAT ROM BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talon66721
07-31-2011, 02:22 PM
I've tried to make this post I don't know how many times in the last few days from my phone, but I give up on that. So, I'll try it on the computer.

Here's the deal. I need help figuring out why my phone keeps freezing and rebooting. All I can think of is that maybe I have an app that does not play well with this rom. The problem is I get probably ten to twenty freezes and reboots or battery pull if I'm impatient, otherwise it reboots on its own. I have had a replacement phone, and waiting for the next one on Tuesday (camera button), and it did it on both phones so far. It's steadily getting worse. I really don't want to not be able to use this rom, but I can't keep it with this problem. It usually does it when I'm working on a text or playing the Archipeligo game. It will do it anytime, but that's usually when it does it. Does anyone out there have any theories or suggestions that I can try? Or ways that I can use to try to find the cause. Keep in mind that I'm not a programmer, but I really want to use this rom. Thanks in advance!

JNEHAMA
07-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Have you tried fix permission. It's in root tools or android overclock, or liberty tool box. This can sometimes fix some force closing. Also do you monitor your free ram. If you're freezing, fc and your ram is very low you could benefit from the v6 supercharging mod. I'll try to find you a link.

Here is the link for the supercharging. Looks more complicated than it is:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-hacks/28382-lag-redraw-problems.html

silver04v
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Have you tried fix permission. It's in root tools or android overclock, or liberty tool box. This can sometimes fix some force closing. Also do you monitor your free ram. If you're freezing, fc and your ram is very low you could benefit from the v6 supercharging mod. I'll try to find you a link.

Here is the link for the supercharging. Looks more complicated than it is:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-hacks/28382-lag-redraw-problems.html

permission fix is also in liquid settings tools.
I cant imagine ram being an issue on this rom. I have 230+ all the time free.

Talon66721
08-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Thanks guys! I always run the supercharge script (great, isn't it?), and ram isn't really ever an issue. I'll definitely try the fix permissions in Liquid settings. Quick question on that, how long should it take to finish? I have about 260 apps installed, if it matters. I've tried that before, but after a half hour of spinning, I back it out because I don't kno if it should take so long and think it's not working. Thanks again in advance.

RKPsk8er
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm having a few issues with liquid. I can't get it to connect to my computer (storage mode) via usb anymore. I never had this problem coming from liberty GB, but its kind of inconvenient. Also, somewhere between liquid 2.3 and 2.5, all my pictures within the DCIM folder have magically disappeared and I'm really doubting that there is a way to retrieve them. any help?

also, is there any method to tether on this rom?

Wulf
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm having a few issues with liquid. I can't get it to connect to my computer (storage mode) via usb anymore. I never had this problem coming from liberty GB, but its kind of inconvenient. Also, somewhere between liquid 2.3 and 2.5, all my pictures within the DCIM folder have magically disappeared and I'm really doubting that there is a way to retrieve them. any help?

also, is there any method to tether on this rom?

First plug in PC and phone, unplug phone and plug back in. Its common with cm7 based roms.

Talon66721
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey all, just wanted to give you an update real quick. Since I got the replacement phone yesterday, had it rooted and all put back together in a couple of hours, I haven't had a single freeze, reboot, or anything! I think the last one they sent me was a lemon. This one has been fantastic so far. I sure hope none of the hardware breaks down on it.

JNEHAMA
08-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey all, just wanted to give you an update real quick. Since I got the replacement phone yesterday, had it rooted and all put back together in a couple of hours, I haven't had a single freeze, reboot, or anything! I think the last one they sent me was a lemon. This one has been fantastic so far. I sure hope none of the hardware breaks down on it.

Glad to hear it!

ogrekane313
08-08-2011, 03:40 PM
where do i get 3g supercharge and does it really help

Wulf
08-08-2011, 04:03 PM
where do i get 3g supercharge and does it really help

You can get the v6 supercharge script here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276
The 3g mod may not work right on liquid though from what I read.

What rom I'm on? hell, whatever one that was just updated...

57fuelieroadster
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Liquid 2.4 GB camera display on X is black. I have tried the other display settings to no avail.:disappointed:

Talon66721
08-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Liquid 2.4 GB camera display on X is black. I have tried the other display settings to no avail.:disappointed:

Maybe try reflashing it again and see if that helps. I'm running 2.4 and mine is working fine. Hope you get it going because it's a sweet rom.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.4, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

57fuelieroadster
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Maybe try reflashing it again and see if that helps. I'm running 2.4 and mine is working fine. Hope you get it going because it's a sweet rom.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.4, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

I will give that a try. Thanks Talon

57fuelieroadster
08-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I will give that a try. Thanks Talon

Can I flash GB Liquid 2.4 right over my previous installation of 2.4 on my Droid X? I really miss my camera and video recorder.

Bkdodger
08-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Can I flash GB Liquid 2.4 right over my previous installation of 2.4 on my Droid X? I really miss my camera and video recorder.

Yes you can flash it over the top..did you not want to try liquid 2.6 ?

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

57fuelieroadster
08-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes you can flash it over the top..did you not want to try liquid 2.6 ?

Sent from elGato's X..

Yes....I did not know if it was ready to go.

Bkdodger
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Yes....I did not know if it was ready to go.

It's running smooth no issues here..would like some better battery life but otherwise snappy ..

Sent from elGato's X..

57fuelieroadster
08-14-2011, 07:42 AM
It's running smooth no issues here..would like some better battery life but otherwise snappy ..

Sent from elGato's X..

I flashed Liquid 2.6 over 2.4 and it went well but still black screen on camera and video. Any ideas would be appreciated. Is there any other camera/video app that you can flash over the stock Liquid 2.6?

onlyred
08-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I flashed Liquid 2.6 over 2.4 and it went well but still black screen on camera and video. Any ideas would be appreciated. Is there any other camera/video app that you can flash over the stock Liquid 2.6?

You might need the all-in-one fix (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=1347&highlight=MIUI+camera), sorry it's been a while and I can't remember if I installed that with Liquid or not. The other thing I found is the MIUI camera (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=984279). I prefer the pictures it takes over the stock camera app so that's a bonus. You can just freeze your OG camera app. When you first install it, go to the settings and change to 3264x2448 or any of the other available resolutions EXCEPT widescreen. Very important as it is likely to not even open, or FC if you don't change that setting off of default (widescreen).

Bkdodger
08-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Camera should be working without a fix..Im was using the Miui camera if you go to goodies then switch and pick other camera it will work and its nicer camera ..Miui camera will say error just go settings and change from full screen pic option ..

Sent from elGato's X..

onlyred
08-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Camera should be working without a fix..Im was using the Miui camera if you go to goodies then switch and pick other camera it will work and its nicer camera ..Miui camera will say error just go settings and change from full screen pic option ..

Sent from elGato's X..

Dang I learned something new today already LOL I had no idea that camera was in Goodies hahaha I picked it up when I was on CM7 and fell in love with it there :D

Bkdodger
08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Dang I learned something new today already LOL I had no idea that camera was in Goodies hahaha I picked it up when I was on CM7 and fell in love with it there :D

Lol ..I found it playing around with the settings ..it just started working on 2.6...

Sent from elGato's X..

57fuelieroadster
08-14-2011, 10:56 AM

Sent from elGato's X..

I followed your advice and went to Goodies, downloaded the alternate camera, and I very much like the expanded features it has. Unfortunately I think my camera/video must be broken in my X.......screen is still black. I love this X and do not want to change out but I need a camera and video. Thank you for your help Bkdodger and onlyred.

Bkdodger
08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I followed your advice and went to Goodies, downloaded the alternate camera, and I very much like the expanded features it has. Unfortunately I think my camera/video must be broken in my X.......screen is still black. I love this X and do not want to change out but I need a camera and video. Thank you for your help Bkdodger and onlyred.

Hmm not good...when you hit camera button is it snapping a pic ?

Sent from elGato's X..

57fuelieroadster
08-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Hmm not good...when you hit camera button is it snapping a pic ?

Sent from elGato's X..

Yes....it comes out a nice black picture of nothing.

Bkdodger
08-14-2011, 02:35 PM

So was the camera working on Liquid 2.4 ? I'm thinking maybe have to 2.6....

Wulf
08-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Dumb question, did you change settings to different res?

onlyred
08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Sounds like it's still on widescreen.. did you change resolution?
oops missed Wulf's response lol

57fuelieroadster
08-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Dumb question, did you change settings to different res?

Hey guys....I did change the resolution settings (screen size) to all available options and no go. When camera does work do we see the viewing field through the shutter or where? The shutter does not appear to be open and I don't know much about cameras. It appears what where ever we see the field of view is blocked or not working.

The following I found on DROIDFORUMS.NET dated 08-02-10. All credit for the following post is hereby given to jperki17:

http://resources.droidnetwork.net/forum/images/styles/droid/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jperki17 http://resources.droidnetwork.net/forum/images/styles/droid/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/60026-droid-x-camera-problems-post689468.html#post689468)
I have had this issue with my phone and i finally got a fix. After not successful tries of doing hard resets, soft resets, reformatting my memory card i finally got it. this is what i did:

1st. I went to files and deleted the DCMI folder by long pressing it and seleting delete. (Beware that you will lose your pics or whatever is on it so i suggest backing it up on you computer.) Do NOT create a new DCMI folder.

2nd. I reformatted my memory card

3rd. I made sure all my tagging was off (i dont know if this helped or not)

and i turned on the camera and IT WORKED!! Hopefully it will work for you too! I have taken many of pictures and videos to make sure it works and everything has been fine so far.

I havent tried to put the old pics or vids on my phone bc its not worth the risk

onlyred
08-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Hey guys....I did change the resolution settings (screen size) to all available options and no go. When camera does work do we see the viewing field through the shutter or where? The shutter does not appear to be open and I don't know much about cameras. It appears what where ever we see the field of view is blocked or not working.

The following I found on DROIDFORUMS.NET dated 08-02-10. All credit for the following post is hereby given to jperki17:

http://resources.droidnetwork.net/forum/images/styles/droid/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jperki17 http://resources.droidnetwork.net/forum/images/styles/droid/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/60026-droid-x-camera-problems-post689468.html#post689468)
I have had this issue with my phone and i finally got a fix. After not successful tries of doing hard resets, soft resets, reformatting my memory card i finally got it. this is what i did:

1st. I went to files and deleted the DCMI folder by long pressing it and seleting delete. (Beware that you will lose your pics or whatever is on it so i suggest backing it up on you computer.) Do NOT create a new DCMI folder.

2nd. I reformatted my memory card

3rd. I made sure all my tagging was off (i dont know if this helped or not)

and i turned on the camera and IT WORKED!! Hopefully it will work for you too! I have taken many of pictures and videos to make sure it works and everything has been fine so far.

I havent tried to put the old pics or vids on my phone bc its not worth the risk

That seems reasonable.. don't forget to back your stuff up! I think it's called DCIM though :)
Let us know if it worked, we're rootin' for ya

57fuelieroadster
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks onlyred. If I reformat the card will it not erase everything on it? Yea....I found the DCIM file on my phone. It seems this problem has been going on over a year for a lot of Droid X users.

onlyred
08-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Thanks onlyred. If I reformat the card will it not erase everything on it? Yea....I found the DCIM file on my phone. It seems this problem has been going on over a year for a lot of Droid X users.

Yes it will erase everything on it. What I do is periodically copy all files from my SD card to my computer, then format my card in Storage settings, then copy everything back. So you would do that, but don't copy the DCIM back. Your phone will recreate the file. That way you won't lose anything and any pics and videos will be on your comp in the original DCIM folder.

57fuelieroadster
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Yes it will erase everything on it. What I do is periodically copy all files from my SD card to my computer, then format my card in Storage settings, then copy everything back. So you would do that, but don't copy the DCIM back. Your phone will recreate the file. That way you won't lose anything and any pics and videos will be on your comp in the original DCIM folder.

Thanks for the info....I will give that a try.:big smile:

onlyred
08-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the info....I will give that a try.:big smile:

Great! Let us know if it worked :)

57fuelieroadster
08-16-2011, 06:08 PM
OK....My camera shutter is stuck shut and is the reason that I am seeing a black camera display. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so is there a fix or do I need a replacement Droid X?

The persuader
10-09-2011, 07:13 AM
OK....My camera shutter is stuck shut and is the reason that I am seeing a black camera display. Has anyone ever experienced this? If so is there a fix or do I need a replacement Droid X?

Morning 57...
No fix that I'm aware of...wiping Caches doesn't work either its going be IMO a software update to fix

Its Bubba

OmidoStyle
10-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I might be the only one, but pressing the camera button on my DX is not opening the camera app for me. Also, since the I'm weighing my options, I'm new to this root/rom/awesome stuff, but am I able to flash a stock rooted .605 over this? Or another rom, etc?

The persuader
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I might be the only one, but pressing the camera button on my DX is not opening the camera app for me. Also, since the I'm weighing my options, I'm new to this root/rom/awesome stuff, but am I able to flash a stock rooted .605 over this? Or another rom, etc?

FYI...

My Cameras are working with other ROMs but not this ROM

Its Bubba
Sent from "The DX Express" :)

Artisticsoul79
10-11-2011, 10:45 PM
+1 Camera doesn't work on Liquid 3.0 ROM and I'm bummed as hell!! Please fix it soon!!!

Artisticsoul79
10-11-2011, 10:47 PM
The issue is not only with the camera that comes with the ROM, but also with Camera360 and Retro Camera from the Market... It always tells me to restart the phone after I take 1 photo from any camera.

moccor
10-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Does anyone else experience Google Talk authorization failed, and a error when trying to download apps from the market? I removed Google Talk and I still get the error lol. Also, I get some random freezes. This is my first time trying this ROM, and its awesome.

grossdm
10-31-2011, 09:14 AM
To resolve this, go to the sync settings for accounts. On the account mentioned in the GT author failure (you may only have one), uncheck all of the sync items: contacts, email, etc. I did not have GT listed here - I've never used it.

Leave off the sync for "a while" - mine was a few minutes. Then change back the settings to how they were (or whatever you want).

That fixed it for me.
Good luck!

wdkj2013
01-05-2012, 05:19 AM
There are a couple issues with the latest ROM. The camera app doesn't work but there is a resolution for that in the actual thread for the ROM near the back pages, probably 2-4th to last pages and then the issue with WiFi, GPS, and Airplane Mode not always working. Apparently for some, including myself, the WiFi will either not turn on at all, display "Error" under it instead of it saying on or whatever, it will turn on, scan, connect to a network, and then disconnect and continue scanning. There is also the issue where some peoples' GPS will not work, I've found that a simple data/cache reset tends to fix this, and others have trouble using Airplane mode, I find that a simple battery pull usually fixes this issue.

The only real issue I still have with the ROM is that WiFi will not work whatsoever for me and that is a real deal-breaker, may go back to a stock ROM that's rooted for now.

leeman1004
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
installed liquid smooth 3 something. everything worked great untill i tried to make phone call:smile: It said force close. com.android phone not working. i did a Titanum backup before. went into it and tried to find that app or com.android phone file. well it would not restore it.Is this a known problem? of the phone not making calls. I came from a stock .602 that i sbf to. it was going into bootloader a few times after rebooting and then sometimes it wouldnt. anyway i reflashed to another rom shuji. i would go back if i can get this fixed. or find out that install was bad.

Neiby
05-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I freaking love this ROM, but damn, I sure have to reboot this thing a lot now. I'm having two problems.

First, the GPS toggle in the notification bar pulldown doesn't work. If I use it, my GPS won't turn on and there is no way to turn it on any longer. I have to reboot and then go into settings to enable it.

Second, I have regular wifi issues now. It often either won't connect at all or it will look like it is connected but won't work. The only way to resolve it is to reboot.

Any ideas? This is the best ROM I've used because of other things (snappy as hell!) but having to reboot a couple times a day is getting old.

Terminator8
08-01-2012, 01:14 AM
A LOT of toggles don't work, just to name a few, Wifi Toggle sometimes doesn't work, many of the check boxes in the liquid settings don't stay checked/unchecked. I really like this Rom but these are things that make it unusable. I'm going to have to find something else... I might try it if these things get fixed.