PDA

View Full Version : Kraken freezing DroidX

guitarworship83
07-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Hello, after reading a lot about them on this forum, I finally purchased a Trident Kraken for my DX. I love the protection it gives and the size really doesn't bug me all that much. However, the past couple days, every time i make a call, the screen goes black and I can't get it to come back up... I push all the buttons and shake the phone and nothing! I have to wait until either the other person ends the call or the voicemail box fills up and ends the call on the other end. I took off the case and made a call and everything works normal. Has this happened to anyone else? I love the case, but its a pain in the butt if the phone loses some functionality. Also, if this is a known problem, is there a fix for it other than using a different (or no) case?

Leach19m
07-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Unless they is some magnets on the case or its holding down buttons, I don't see anyway a case could cause any change in the phone like that

Loving me some CM4DX

hillbilliegreg
07-16-2011, 12:43 AM
I don't think it's your case, I have one (a kraken) now with that said, it could be your proximity sensors, are you making these calls outside in the daylight? I had this happen to me a couple of times, a reboot cured it.

wilyums
07-16-2011, 02:05 AM
+1 on the proximity sensors getting trash over them this happens to me. I didn't notice until I used the auto brightness going into sunlight. This is kind of annoying with this case (kraken). I still love the protection though. I usually clean my case before use. I don't always keep the case on at home or work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

guitarworship83
07-17-2011, 08:48 PM
+1 on the proximity sensors getting trash over them this happens to me. I didn't notice until I used the auto brightness going into sunlight. This is kind of annoying with this case (kraken). I still love the protection though. I usually clean my case before use. I don't always keep the case on at home or work.

Where are the proximity sensors? And how do i clean them? It happens inside and outside... every time I make or answer a call.

Burncycle
07-17-2011, 08:57 PM
The proximity sensors are the little areas on the left and right of the earpiece. I have had the problem too when outside. It's the dust that gathers on the kraken case itself. Just take a damp cuetip and wipe them clean.

guitarworship83
07-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Very cool, thanks everyone! It worked! Now I just gotta keep a q-tip on hand all the time.

Burncycle
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Very cool, thanks everyone! It worked! Now I just gotta keep a q-tip on hand all the time.

No problem! I have also been in situations where I didn't have a q-tip on hand (imagine that) and just folded a piece of paper, and used the edges of the paper to shove the fuzz to the edges of the sensor cover. Really no biggie if you remember how to fix it :) I love this case.