PDA

View Full Version : What has worked so far, and what has not

PEIGI
07-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Just wanted to post some recent results of my attempt to make my Milestone x act as a tethered modem and a free Wifi hotspot.

Found "PDAnet", and went through the steps to have it on my pc, as well as my phone, and all that turned out well, and operates very well.

To do the second thing, I learned that I would need to "root" my phone, and to open that program, I would need a file manager to open it. So I found "Astro Manager", sent a link to my phone, opened and installed it. Works fine. Then went to "Software2tech" and found "Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta". Got that, down loaded and opened on my phone, but alas, all I get in response to pushing the "Go Root" button is; "Failed! No~~~Fu goo~~~".

Not sure what to do now. I wonder if I should uninstall Androot, and try one of the other root hacks? Or if there is something I could do to just make it work? Would still really like to get this Wifi working, since I will be moving and still need the internet!

Any suggestions???

brandonfish
07-14-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/30698-guide-wireless-tethering-your-own-risk.html

Mjp2365
07-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Use SuperOneClick program on your pc, and use the psneuter option. The RageAgainstTheCage option will not work the first time without some tweaks. Universal Androot and Z4root will NOT work for the milestone X. I will post a link to the SuperOneClick program shortly, unless someone beats me to it.

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

glshub
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
My Bluegrass cellular milestone x came prepackaged with wireless tether. It works too. That is one of the few advantages to having a Bluegrass X.

Sent from my Milestone X