PDA

View Full Version : Liquid GB 2.3 for Droid X Released!

Pages : 1 [2]

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Couldn't get anywhere with the airplane mode method but was able to nandroid back to v2.4. Was a little (maybe a lot!) jumpy about using Rom Manager with all the dire warnings about old bootstraps. Thanks for reassuring me, again. Thanks once more.

ROM manager is good for CM based builds..just no d2 or dx bootstrap ..which I uninstalled when I come over to this build ..glad you got it ..

Sent from elGato's X..
"A flash alert warning has been issued in your area. .if you have a Droid X possible constant flashing will be in effect"..

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm updating OP to warn for 2.5v ..just don't flash it till resolved ..txs y'all

Sent from elGato's X..
"A flash alert warning has been issued in your area. .if you have a Droid X possible constant flashing will be in effect"..

sgthwjack
07-31-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm updating OP to warn for 2.5v ..just don't flash it till resolved ..txs y'all

Sent from elGato's X..

Thanks, but I found out the hard way already. Just restored my 2.4 nandroid and all is well again. At least now I know it wasn't something I screwed up. This time anyway, LOL!

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks, but I found out the hard way already. Just restored my 2.4 nandroid and all is well again. At least now I know it wasn't something I screwed up. This time anyway, LOL!

LOL always good with those backups ..its worth the extra time ..even for simple mods ..

Sent from elGato's X..

sgthwjack
07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
Interesting thing was that everything seemed to work fine until I tried to use WiFi, then everything broke as far as data flow. No matter, I am sure it will be sorted out soon enough.

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Interesting thing was that everything seemed to work fine until I tried to use WiFi, then everything broke as far as data flow. No matter, I am sure it will be sorted out soon enough.

Mine was opposite I was on wifi then went to 3G got it to work for awhile but I'm back to restored v2.4 as I suspected my ride was a short one bc I tried back to wifi got error to connect ...

Sent from elGato's X..

OldEmt
07-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Quick question. Had to sbf back to Froyo ( my own screw up, too much jacking around) but can I use D2 bootstrap to load my nandroid backup of Liquid?

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Quick question. Had to sbf back to Froyo ( my own screw up, too much jacking around) but can I use D2 bootstrap to load my nandroid backup of Liquid?

Oh yes..you need d2 and restore backup then don't use once on liquid ..

Sent from elGato's X..

OldEmt
07-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh yes..you need d2 and restore backup then don't use once on liquid ..

Sent from elGato's X..

Had to take a chance before I heard back because had a patient to fly out and needed my phone. Worked fine.

Wulf
07-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Want to try out liquid for the week but heard of the 3g issues, anyone have a link to 2.4? OP for liquid only has 2.5.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Want to try out liquid for the week but heard of the 3g issues, anyone have a link to 2.4? OP for liquid only has 2.5.

Give me a few bud and I will dropbox it..hopefully not slow LOL

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..I will not flash..."

Wulf
07-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Give me a few bud and I will dropbox it..hopefully not slow LOL

Sent from elGato's X..

Cool, thanks bro.

silver04v
07-31-2011, 09:22 PM
I made a thread, but does anyone know how I can get my voicemail? Is voicemail an app on stock phones? I dial 86 or w/e it is for voicmail in my dialer and it says verizon cannot complete call as dialed. Anyone have an answer?

Wulf
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
I made a thread, but does anyone know how I can get my voicemail? Is voicemail an app on stock phones? I dial 86 or w/e it is for voicmail in my dialer and it says verizon cannot complete call as dialed. Anyone have an answer?

Not on liquid yet but did you hit *86?

silver04v
07-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Not on liquid yet but did you hit *86?

Feel stupid..for some reason it was only in there as 86. not *86
Thank you, its working.

Wulf
07-31-2011, 09:35 PM
Feel stupid..for some reason it was only in there as 86. not *86
Thank you, its working.

Your welcome.

OldEmt
07-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Just became a supporting member. The people on here have saved my bacon on numerous occasions and particularily over the last few days when I decided to take the plunge into the rom world with Liquid (which I love). Thought it was time to show some appreciation for everything that this forum has done for me.

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Cool, thanks bro.

Here you go..

Liquid 2.4

http://db.tt/G5sSpXY

Sent from elGato's X..

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Just became a supporting member. The people on here have saved my bacon on numerous occasions and particularily over the last few days when I decided to take the plunge into the rom world with Liquid (which I love). Thought it was time to show some appreciation for everything that this forum has done for me.

+1 We are happy to have you with us !!! Spread the knowledge..

Sent from elGato's X..

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Here you go..

Liquid 2.4

http://db.tt/G5sSpXY

Sent from elGato's X..

Md5 sum

Sent from elGato's X..

Wulf
07-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Md5 sum

Sent from elGato's X..

Downloading now and thanks again, see ya after I sip on some liquid refreshments lol.

Bkdodger
07-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Downloading now and thanks again, see ya after I sip on some liquid refreshments lol.

LOL ..see you on this side

Sent from elGato's X..

Wulf
07-31-2011, 10:56 PM
LOL ..see you on this side

Sent from elGato's X..

I'm up with liquid and went smooth, nice so far. I totally nuked my phone to make sure it was clean, cache, data/cache, dalvic, battery stats (full charge of course) installed and was booted up in less than 3 minutes.

Bkdodger
08-01-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm up with liquid and went smooth, nice so far. I totally nuked my phone to make sure it was clean, cache, data/cache, dalvic, battery stats (full charge of course) installed and was booted up in less than 3 minutes.

Awesome ..it's a faster boot up..and runs smoothly ..lets us know what you think after a day ...this one runs best right now for me..

Sent from elGato's X..

OldEmt
08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
It may just be me and my phone but I have crashed twice and had to SBF twice by trying to load the ADW Launcher under goodies. Blacked out my screen, can't turn off, etc. Lesson learned for me.

Bkdodger
08-01-2011, 09:53 AM
It may just be me and my phone but I have crashed twice and had to SBF twice by trying to load the ADW Launcher under goodies. Blacked out my screen, can't turn off, etc. Lesson learned for me.

Hmmm I've not tried the launcher from goodies bc I have them already ...next time if it happens try pull battery and try to reboot ..hopefully no more issues but will keep an eye ..

Sent from elGato's X..

littlebigarm
08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
So I was messing around with the new update. I found out that I don't have recovery mode and wasn't sure if we could use any other recovery.

OldEmt
08-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Hmmm I've not tried the launcher from goodies bc I have them already ...next time if it happens try pull battery and try to reboot ..hopefully no more issues but will keep an eye ..

Sent from elGato's X..

Battery pull restarts but doesn't fix. I'm learning by screwing up, however! Littlebigarm, are you on V2.5? Is your WiFi and data working OK?

Bkdodger
08-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Battery pull restarts but doesn't fix. I'm learning by screwing up, however! Littlebigarm, are you on V2.5? Is your WiFi and data working OK?

I hear ya ..haha too funny ..always something new for us...more experience ...some are now working with 2.5 so I might try it later tonight ...

Sent from elGato's X..

littlebigarm
08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah that seems to be fine. Had to restart because it wasn't working at first but it is now.

Wulf
08-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I made it to 2.5. I read the change log and it says you must wipe cache, data/cache and dalvic for liquid 2.5. I used the built-in recovery in 2.4 and did all the wipes and up with 3g and wifi both working. No issues yet, still early though lol.

Must note I was on miui before liquid and flashed clockwork gold/orange in rom manager and still had it after liquid.

bdegs15
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
this may have been answered already but i would like to try liquid x , im just wondering if Gapps is included like on SSX

Wulf
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
this may have been answered already but i would like to try liquid x , im just wondering if Gapps is included like on SSX

Market is there, only thing didnt show was gmail, but you could go to settings>liquid settings>goodies>then switch. Choose between stock gmail or themed gmail, I chose themed gmail. The rest can be install through market, voice search maps, etc.

Ginger man is chillin with a splash of Liquid.. Fresh

Wulf
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I noticed video recording works without flashing the camera fix on 2.5. On 2.4 the camera app would crash after shooting video and had to reboot so camera app work would work again without fix.

littlebigarm
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Any word on the recovery mode. Mine isn't in the power down menu.

Wulf
08-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Any word on the recovery mode. Mine isn't in the power down menu.

Download rom manager from the market. Use it to get to recovery.

littlebigarm
08-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks ill give it a try. Ill let you know how it goes.

OldEmt
08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Got to ask, my 2.4 is working great. Any good reason to go to 2.5? Any reason that recovery pulled from pulldown?

sgthwjack
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Got to ask, my 2.4 is working great. Any good reason to go to 2.5? Any reason that recovery pulled from pulldown?

Well I don't know about anyone else but in the short time I had it working I didn't notice any great improvement anywhere. Certainly not going to try it again until the wifi/3g issue is resolved. But that is just my opinion.

littlebigarm
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
no its wasn't worth it to me either. i just downgraded back to 2.4 because it was lagging, wifi didn't work for me and my 3g was intermittent.

OldEmt
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
this is all of the forum posters faults! LOL! I can't stop flashing now, I just hit CM7 build 45. I hold BK especially responsible!!!!! LOL !!!!!

Bkdodger
08-01-2011, 07:27 PM
this is all of the forum posters faults! LOL! I can't stop flashing now, I just hit CM7 build 45. I hold BK especially responsible!!!!! LOL !!!!!

LOL at least its a good thing ...let us know how it goes there flasher ..haha

Sent from elGato's X..

sgthwjack
08-01-2011, 08:50 PM
FLASHER! Been called a lot of things in my time, but never that! LOL Guess I should slow down a bit myself.
Sorry, just couldn't resist. :big smile:

Wulf
08-01-2011, 09:42 PM
FLASHER! Been called a lot of things in my time, but never that! LOL Guess I should slow down a bit myself.

Hey, I'm on my 4th rom in 3 weeks. If you count froyo, rooted 596 and 2 versions of MIUI, and liquid 2.5, then it would be 8 in 3 weeks lol.

OldEmt
08-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Never slow down! At my age someone is bound to be catching up! BTW, I came back to Liquid quickly CM4DX was OK but I really like Liquid. Thought about giving Justice a shot but not yet. One more gin and tonic in the hot tub, and then who knows? PS; I'll try to stay on topic in the future, moderator.

Wulf
08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Never slow down! At my age someone is bound to be catching up! BTW, I came back to Liquid quickly CM4DX was OK but I really like Liquid. Thought about giving Justice a shot but not yet. One more gin and tonic in the hot tub, and then who knows? PS; I'll try to stay on topic in the future, moderator.

I tried justice and its pretty good. Btw I like your name " OldEmt", reminds me of the trees from lord of the rings two towers, one of my favorite movies.

Jersey
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Personally I'm really loving liq. Its the only rom I've hung onto for over a week lol. I am getting that itch to flash though so I still may hop on miui for a bit just to see what the hype is. Liq has been the smoothest rom so far!

goldsmitht
08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Overclocked using QuickClock to 1.3
supercharged using V6

not sure how the battery is going to run at this setting,
but at battery saver setting i went 16 hours yesterday before
phone said to charge (FEEEEED MEEEE PLEEEEEEZZZ!!!)

this ROM IS SMOOOOOOTH and quick!!! :big smile:

OldEmt
08-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Back on LGB v2.4 after try with Justice. Have to say, I'm having zero problems on Liquid. The battery seems, subjectively, better than it was on Liberty v.9. Only problem at all that I'm having at this moment is with the music player and I've had this problem for several months on several different roms and themes. When I run or bike with my phone, the music player (doesn't seem to matter which one) cuts in and out. Doesn't do this when I use it in the car or my shop. Any thoughts on why?

littlebigarm
08-03-2011, 06:58 PM
what settings did you use to overclock it without breaking the phone or causing it to over heat?

silver04v
08-03-2011, 07:11 PM
what settings did you use to overclock it without breaking the phone or causing it to over heat?

Use quickclock advanced. It does it for you. If it freezes at the last vsel setting its testing then pull battery and turn on. It'll continue the test as it should. On liquid you usually have to do that ..others it reboots for you

Dripping awesome out of my liquid Dx. Just flying along.

XxXxX
08-03-2011, 11:51 PM
I don"t care for this rom and want to go back to FROYO why cant I get the phone to SBF now.

silver04v
08-04-2011, 05:26 AM
I don"t care for this rom and want to go back to FROYO why cant I get the phone to SBF now.

What method are you using?

littlebigarm
08-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah I did that and it rebooted fine. Thanks and what about the supercharged? Hoe does that work or is it just something inside quickclock?

Jersey
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah I did that and it rebooted fine. Thanks and what about the supercharged? Hoe does that work or is it just something inside quickclock?

Its a script you run in script manager. It helps with managing memory and makes the phone a bit more snappy. I believe it has something to do with multi tasking on the phone

ogrekane313
08-04-2011, 04:17 PM
ok bought a hdmi for my DX and noticed wont work with this rom. and fix?

silver04v
08-04-2011, 05:41 PM
ok bought a hdmi for my DX and noticed wont work with this rom. and fix?

Won't work with this type of rom.

Talon66721
08-05-2011, 07:17 PM
I was just coming on here to ask about this before I bought Realhdmi. Glad I did now! Quick question, just to verify I'm understanding this correctly, so I can't watch Netflix from my phone to the tv on any CM7 based rom? Maybe I should just do nandroids of my Liquid and another of Darkslide Froyo so I can bounce between the two so I can use it? Does that sound plausible to anyone? Or do you have any other suggestions maybe? Does anyone have a list of the roms it does work on? How about the rooted GB? Thanks to all in advance!

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.3, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

mapatton82
08-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I was just coming on here to ask about this before I bought Realhdmi. Glad I did now! Quick question, just to verify I'm understanding this correctly, so I can't watch Netflix from my phone to the tv on any CM7 based rom? Maybe I should just do nandroids of my Liquid and another of Darkslide Froyo so I can bounce between the two so I can use it? Does that sound plausible to anyone? Or do you have any other suggestions maybe? Does anyone have a list of the roms it does work on? How about the rooted GB? Thanks to all in advance!

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.3, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

In order to use RealHDMI you need to be on a ROM that has the HDMI drivers, which would be any ROM based on 596. The CM7-based ROMs do not have the drivers for RealHDMI.

Talon66721
08-05-2011, 09:11 PM
In order to use RealHDMI you need to be on a ROM that has the HDMI drivers, which would be any ROM based on 596. The CM7-based ROMs do not have the drivers for RealHDMI.

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but that's never stopped me before. Is there any way to install such a driver on these roms, like we do on the computer? Or does it just not mesh with the framework? Sorry, I'm a lowly painter, not a programmer.

I suppose I could find a rom on gb if need be, it's just that I really like the CM-7 roms. I think they really show off what this phone is truly capable of.

Either way, thank you so much for explaining it to me so I know what it does work on!

silver04v
08-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Liquid 2.6 is out. Anyone on it yet? Says full wipes needed or could cause issues. Are wipes needed on cm7 and miui with the nightlies? Full wipes is kinda a pain every update.

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Liquid 2.6 is out. Anyone on it yet? Says full wipes needed or could cause issues. Are wipes needed on cm7 and miui with the nightlies? Full wipes is kinda a pain every update.

I know people flashed Miui on top of Miui with cache / dalvik

I just flashed 2.6 liquid over 2.4 backup with cache / dalvik...long bootup but good to go..everything working so far ..

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

abqnm
08-07-2011, 04:27 PM

Can't speak for MIUI, but CM7 does not require a wipe between nightlies. It is still recommended to do it though. I was doing it every few nightlies just to be safe, but many have no issues just flashing over top.

TideFan22
08-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Its not required on miui weeklies, ive updated twice only wiping cache and dalvik, and i done the same on cm7 nightlies also

Running MIUI and loving it

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Its not required on miui weeklies, ive updated twice only wiping cache and dalvik, and i done the same on cm7 nightlies also

Running MIUI and loving it

Tide I'm way late on action today, dalv/cache part wipe only seem a no go 2.4 to 2.6. That you can see is 2.6 dialed in on full wipes?

Jersey
08-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Now why can I not find 2.6 to update?

blake28
08-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm on 2.6 & have been for a couple hrs now, & from what I can tell do far is it is running great so far, w/none of the bugs that 2.5 was riddled with. Running perfect for me & I think I will be staying here for a while anyways. Came from cm7. The only bug I was having was after I first installed, the market was acting strange. Was not letting me download anything, was saying that there was no room on my device. After a bit, & a reboot, everything was fine!!

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm on 2.6 & have been for a couple hrs now, & from what I can tell do far is it is running great so far, w/none of the bugs that 2.5 was riddled with. Running perfect for me & I think I will be staying here for a while anyways. Came from cm7. The only bug I was having was after I first installed, the market was acting strange. Was not letting me download anything, was saying that there was no room on my device. After a bit, & a reboot, everything was fine!!

Coming from cm7? Sounds like full wipes, yes?

silver04v
08-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Is the reboot to recovery in the power off menu like in 2.4?

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Is the reboot to recovery in the power off menu like in 2.4?

Yes ..hit reboot and has option to recovery ..

Sent from elGato's X..

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Now why can I not find 2.6 to update?

It's in the same link on OP..

Sent from elGato's X..

OldEmt
08-07-2011, 11:43 PM
OK, flashed 2.6 this evening and everything seems great.One question, though. A few days ago after bringing up the backup of 2.4, I lost the "bars" indicator of phone signal strength. The phone works fine, just no bars. Even after the flash to 2.6 they're not there. Not terribly important but I wondered if there is a setting that I've missed that would cause this.

Wulf
08-07-2011, 11:49 PM
OK, flashed 2.6 this evening and everything seems great.One question, though. A few days ago after bringing up the backup of 2.4, I lost the "bars" indicator of phone signal strength. The phone works fine, just no bars. Even after the flash to 2.6 they're not there. Not terribly important but I wondered if there is a setting that I've missed that would cause this.

Try settings>liquid settings>interface>statusbar> and look in signal display. Check status bars.

OldEmt
08-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Try settings>liquid settings>interface>statusbar> and look in signal display. Check status bars.

Got it. Thanks, Wulf. So many settings in Liquid. It seems to be as smooth as ever and faster.

Wulf
08-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Got it. Thanks, Wulf. So many settings in Liquid. It seems to be as smooth as ever and faster.

Your welcome, there is a lot to play with.