PDA

View Full Version : Are they stable enough to move from Froyo Apex?

bobniborg
07-14-2011, 01:42 PM
So I've been on Apex 1.4 for a while and waiting for the hackers to stabilize the gingerbread stuff, has it reached the point that an average guy can use them? I have kids so I need the camera/camcorder plus the other smartphone stuff (wireless tether and such). I rarely hdmi out but it would be nice to keep that feature?

Are any to the point that I can switch over to Apex, Cyan or SSX? Or are they still Beta and I should wait?

popcenator
07-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Apex is not in beta, CM and SSX are, so if you like Apex 1.4, you'll love RC2. Give it a shot.

bobniborg
07-14-2011, 02:04 PM
cool, thanks. I just saw the other thread below (best for gingerbread) and it has lots of info.

abqnm
07-20-2011, 03:29 AM
ApeX 2.0 is great and fast (not CM7 fast, but a little more reliable). Keep in mind coming from 1.4 that it is entirely blurless, and only some of the blur elements can be added back. Also there is no toolbox yet, but I would not count that out for the final release.

Gee223
07-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I just came from froyo Apex... Just stay, you aren't missing much.

Edit- I haven't tried any roms yet, but I did get 6 crashes today :-/

Edit moar- I'm really diggin Liberty, it beats the he'll out of stock .596! Its faster, more stable, and more options than Apex did.