PDA

View Full Version : Spotify - exclusive launch on Motorola devices

HarleyDude
07-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Motorola said today it was the exclusive mobile device and tablet launch partner for the much-anticipated--and delayed--music streaming service. Motorola said it plans to offer its customers "coveted early access" to the service, and will launch a number of marketing campaigns in the coming weeks to promote the alliance. Spotify will launch with an invite-only beta stage before opening the service to the public. Motorola customers who participate in specific marketing campaigns found on social media sites and at retail outlets will be able to get the early access, according to a company representative. Not every Motorola customer will be able to sign up for Spotify.

read more at
Motorola Mobility an exclusive launch partner to Spotify | Wireless - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20079426-94/motorola-mobility-an-exclusive-launch-partner-to-spotify/)

macpro88
07-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Sweet.....

Zog
07-14-2011, 11:35 AM
So its like google music? I doubt it'll be as good.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

ben
07-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Anybody here already get in? I'm really curious but don't want to sign up for the premium version lol Spotify has landed in the U.S. Sign up to get your invite now - Spotify (http://www.spotify.com/us/hello-america/)

lvsteven
07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
sucks. garbage. waste of my time.

Spotify has been poised as a service akin to Pandora. It however, is not.

If you want to beat pandora in the united states then it is likely a good idea NOT to launch a music service without a free option.
As it stands right now there is no free option for spotify in the USA

You are asked to sign up and then asked for your credit/debit card.

So to me this is a big fail because I am a very infrequent listener and will be just as happy sticking with slacker or pandora.
If i wanted to pay I would have paid for Pandora already.

Sorry, until you give me free with ads, I will not be giving you a try.

edit
free for six months
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/07/14/businessinsider-the-big-spotify-surprise-free-music-on-demand-for-six-months-2011-7.DTL

ben
07-14-2011, 01:17 PM

If you want to beat pandora in the united states then it is likely a good idea NOT to launch a music service without a free option.

So to me this is a big fail because I am a very infrequent listener and will be just as happy sticking with slacker or pandora.

edit
free for six months
The Big Spotify Surprise: Free Music On Demand For SIX MONTHS (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/07/14/businessinsider-the-big-spotify-surprise-free-music-on-demand-for-six-months-2011-7.DTL)

This may help clear things up.

Hands-on with Spotify | Crave - CNET
(http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20078597-1/hands-on-with-spotify/<br /><br />I)
It isn't like pandora because you can choose what you want to listen to, create playlists, share those playlists etc. Even after the first six months. The paid versions of the service just add flexibility. I don't listen to music too often, but this would be nice for when I do because maintaining a personal music collection is expensive, and I'm not always in the mood for pandora (if that even makes sense... I can't explain it lol).

lvsteven
07-14-2011, 01:53 PM
This may help clear things up.

Hands-on with Spotify | Crave - CNET
(http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20078597-1/hands-on-with-spotify/<br /><br />I)
It isn't like pandora because you can choose what you want to listen to, create playlists, share those playlists etc. Even after the first six months. The paid versions of the service just add flexibility. I don't listen to music too often, but this would be nice for when I do because maintaining a personal music collection is expensive, and I'm not always in the mood for pandora (if that even makes sense... I can't explain it lol).

Well they are indeed quite generous with six months free... however rhapsody already has a $10 service.

We will see

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

milski65
07-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Signed up for free invite. Received this morning. Downloaded. Free invite version, as of now, offers NO unlimited free music. Can only sync from pc music you already have. I'll wait a few days and see if that changes.

HarleyDude
07-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Signed up for free invite. Received this morning. Downloaded. Free invite version, as of now, offers NO unlimited free music. Can only sync from pc music you already have. I'll wait a few days and see if that changes.

Just got mine too, but I can't get into my account, forgot password LOL

lvsteven
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM

I also got my invite but unless you pay $9. 99 a month you cannot stream to mobile devices.

So far I still use shoutcast more than anything.

I may not be able to pick what artist i want but it works better than Pandora with its gaps between tracks

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

yambag021
08-06-2011, 12:25 PM

edit
free for six months
The Big Spotify Surprise: Free Music On Demand For SIX MONTHS (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/07/14/businessinsider-the-big-spotify-surprise-free-music-on-demand-for-six-months-2011-7.DTL)

incorrect info drives me up a wall so much it is unbearable.

spotfy is NOT NOT NOT akin to pandora. the only similarity is they provide music.

pandora - live streaming, all online, and you never have a say in what comes on outside of thumbing up/down songs and selecting the artist you want to hear/similar artists.

spotify - live streaming online AND offline (of saved playlists from your library). you also may request music on demand (ie "play I LOVE ROCK N' ROLL, and guess what... you hear the actual song you want!)

if anything, spotify is like google music with an on demand feature. i do think $10 a month is a bit pricey. that being said i am one of the cheapest s.o.b.'s out there and im considering this purchase.

Leach19m
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Well, I went for it and paid for the premium service, and I think it's worth it. Yesterday I wanted to listen to a cd that i don't own, so I just searched for it and there it was. Then I clicked play, and streaming instantly, no buffering, no download time.

Loving me some Miui

yambag021
08-06-2011, 11:23 PM
i signed up earlier today.
trying to see if me and the wife can share log-ins. consider it a buy 1 get 1 :big smile:

yambag021
08-08-2011, 11:10 PM
just an update, if you try to log into two androids at one time, you get booted from the first user.