PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread battery life

Muteki
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
First off I know this is a major issue for some, and I did try the search function to no avail. Even with an extended battery my phone still wont last a day without me charging it a bit during the day. So my question is has there been a statement on a fix for this or is their any thing that has been known to work to fix this issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
07-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Have you recalibrated the battery lately?

crazychkn
07-13-2011, 03:39 PM
you should try rooting your phone and installing a ROM. I am currently running Apex 2.0.1 and it is the best battery life I have seen out of any ROM. I can go a full day with mild use including sending multiple text messages, making a few phone calls, and browsing the internet and still have over 50% battery life on a stock battery.

Muteki
07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
When you say recalibrate do you mean the process of shutting it off turning it back on while holding the home key until the android figure and the "!" appear and going to the option their, if so then yes just this morning. Im planning on letting it die tonight, after letting it be fully charged, and fully charging it again because i've heard that it has helped some people with this problem. Plan B is to factory reset it.

On the rooting issue i'm hesitant to root my phone due to the warranty void issue, and not wanting to root it without knowing more about rooting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums