PDA

View Full Version : OEM BH5X Droid X Battery for $5.40

ejgilkey
07-13-2011, 07:36 AM
I haven't seen this mentioned here, but Amazon.com is selling OEM BH5X batteries for $5.40! I don't know why they would be so cheap, but I bought 2, why not? And got free shipping! To good to be true? I guess I will find out soon.

may0799
07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I bought three of them a while back for the same price. They work great. I marked my original battery with a marker in case one of the Amazon batteries went bad I can tell them apart. Now I think I actually get better life out of the Amazon batteries than the one that came in my X. I also got an external charger. No more worrying if my battery is charged up enough to flash the latest rom. There is always a fresh battery nearby.

scuba264
07-13-2011, 08:59 AM
They are definitely used batteries. I picked one up and if you look closely at the battery terminals you can see scores where they had been used in a phone before.

I read a lot of reviews with people saying they are hit or miss. Mine actually is fine, it works just as well as my other battery but I don't think it holds as well as when my battery was brand new. For <$6 though, its nice to have a spare.

Mike7143
07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Can anyone provide a link? I think I found it in the search results but it's sold by some other member, not Amazon, and the price is $5.48.

fsand
07-15-2011, 02:07 PM
I bought two a few months back at $4.99 each with free shipping. They were definitely brand new and they work great genuine Moto. Just keep in mind that Amazon cycles through the sellers so the batteries I got from that seller that time may be being sold at a similar price now by a different seller. And if he runs out someone new may be selling them through. So that is likely why people find it "hit or miss" be sure the seller you buy from is a good one, reduces the likelyhood of problems.