PDA

View Full Version : Verizon called me today.....I guess this marks the end

Nerdslogic
07-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Verizon called me today to perform a survey I guess.....anyway during the survey I vented about my X2 and it's shortcomings asking when an update can be expected. Of course the rep didn't know. That part isn't what was worth the thread.

What was worth the thread was the response I got after venting about the X2. Long story short I have a Droid 3 arriving on Friday.

I can't wait.

I will still be here to help others in need but I imagine I will be posting more on D3F or DF since us non-X-ers aren't welcome here ;)

I guess the moral of this story is if you called for a survey feel free to vent.....who knows what might come of it.

zoe
07-12-2011, 10:26 PM
you're still welcome here...

others can still benefit from your experience with the dx

edit: traitor (i hate smilies, fwiw)
something, anything else.. :)

mugz91
07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Enjoy your new toy!! At this rate, I'm gonna be the only one with an X left!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

psykotikz
07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
sweet deal dude. i got to be honest i'd be in such a tough spot. the X is really the only phone i've ever been in love with and till this day i'm just as happy with it. having said that...who can resist new tech!!! lol.

so did they just randomly call you for the survery? I'm wondering what kind of complaints I could list off about the X...

"I bought this phone cause I thought I could watch movies through my HDMI port...I feel like I was lied to!!!" HA

anyways congrats. let us know how the phone is

kooshie
07-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Still going strong with my X:) although I did get my husband the X2!

Zog
07-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Waiting for X4 :-)

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

Snow02
07-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Supposedly you've received four or five free upgrades in the last year. I don't believe you. No one gets handed phones like that. Especially to just released handsets.

Nerdslogic
07-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Supposedly you've received four or five free upgrades in the last year. I don't believe you. No one gets handed phones like that. Especially to just released handsets.

How can I prove this to you? I am more than down. I want to find actual proof of the 25 phones I have had since joining Verizon in 2008. Seriously. I want to show VZW EXACTLY what their CPO program is all about.

If you have a way post it and I WILL do it. 25 phones....no joke.

Nerdslogic
07-12-2011, 11:44 PM
sweet deal dude. i got to be honest i'd be in such a tough spot. the X is really the only phone i've ever been in love with and till this day i'm just as happy with it. having said that...who can resist new tech!!! lol.

so did they just randomly call you for the survery? I'm wondering what kind of complaints I could list off about the X...

"I bought this phone cause I thought I could watch movies through my HDMI port...I feel like I was lied to!!!" HA

anyways congrats. let us know how the phone is

random call I guess. I didn't instigate it. My complaints were about apps crashing. The X2 I am in right now (which is my 5th X2) has issues with contacts and text messaging, if I open my contacts it just closes right away. I had to install Go Contacts in order to get it to work right. Text messaging is much more frustrating. I don't get em.....unless I reboot.

Zog
07-12-2011, 11:52 PM
5th x2? Id give ya a d3 too.. They're gonna get mad and send u a hp veer next time heh.

Nerdslogic
07-12-2011, 11:52 PM

You have seen screenshots from my X that I had for 10 days....then the X2 that I currently have and can post another for you if you wish....and soon will see one on the D3. I am going to call VZW tomorrow (as they are closed tonight) and request a device history on my account to show both new purchases and Certified Like New replacements that were sent out to me. Then I will post just for you.

After that I will post the same image of that document on VZW's site as well as Moto's forum and ask for a logical explanation to me having 25 phones in less than 3 years.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Here is my history with Verizon from my recalection

LG Venus....2008 into 2009....4 total= 1 new and 3 CLN's then VZW upgraded me to
LG Voyager....2009....5 total= 1 new and 4 CLN's then I upgraded to
Env Touch....2009.... 3 total= all of which were CLN's then VZW upgraded me to
Droid 1....2009 into 2010.....2 total= both new then I upgraded to
Droid 2....2010 into 2011....7 total= 2 new and 5 CLN's then VZW upgraded me to
Droid 2 Global....2011....2 total= both CLN's then VZW upgraded me to
Droid X....2011....1 total= which was CLN then VZW upgraded me to
Droid X2....2011....5 total= 4 CLN's and 1 new and now VZW is upgrading me to the Droid 3 which I get Friday.

so correction....I am getting my what 30th phone now? I can even remember almost all of my complaints for each replacement you see not to mention dude I have 3 X2's on me right now. And I can have a co worker snap a pic to prove it. 2 in boxes ready to go back and the one that is getting replaced Friday.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:05 AM
5th x2? Id give ya a d3 too.. They're gonna get mad and send u a hp veer next time heh.

yeah 5th. But to their defense one showed up looking like an accordian and another only had an issue with holding the battery door. I had it replaced because the battery door would fall off randomly and I didn't want to lose my battery and not notice.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Snow.....to clarify something here.....I have had 2 free upgrades in the last year I think unless you count going from the D2 to the D2G as an upgrade due to them being out of the D2's....then sending an X after the D2G burned out 2 SD cards. I don't count those as "upgrades". I do count the X2 as a freebie and now the D3. But unlike all the others I did have to renew my contract for the D3 but I got another "once a year only" manager approved upgrade at no cost". I like the "once a year only" part as this is my second in less than 3 months. I am going to add the year next to the model breakdown I posted.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:11 AM
as you can see I have had 9 phones this year alone.....9 phones.....7 months....WTF VZW?

Zog
07-13-2011, 12:15 AM
That's so messed up lol. I've had 4 in 8 years. None broken, one stolen.

Edit:
U must keep getting broken refurbs eh?

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
What is most frustrating is as I tell them.....EVERY TIME I replace my phone I lost my app data. I use my phone to run a business....1/2 of my business is done on my phone either by calls, texts, or emails....if not more. So every time I replace my phone my lose my customer invoice history, invoice template, billing time, text messages sent and recieved and so on. I have recommended to VZW that they design an app similar to TiBu that can back up app and data.....or at least data....to restore to a new device for non-rooted customers.

another note here. I didn't start really rooting and ROM'ing and such until I was 5 phones into the D2.

Leach19m
07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Hah sounds like complaints about issues get new phones. I hate dealing with tech support and prefer to fix the native issues with root, ROMs and market apps. I've only had one warranty replacement so far, and prefer to keep it that way.

Loving me some CM4DX

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Hah sounds like complaints about issues get new phones. I hate dealing with tech support and prefer to fix the native issues with root, ROMs and market apps. I've only had one warranty replacement so far, and prefer to keep it that way.

Loving me some CM4DX

I am in total agreement with you. I wish there were ROM's available for the X2 as I do feel that would be a big fix. But the X2 has 2.3.4 coming shortly.....however the D3 comes with it. All and all the D3 appears to be the better phone with a better processor in the IMAP, 1080p video recording to the X2's 720, and the added HDMI mirroring like the X2. Plus I am small so the 4 inch screen will most likely work better than the 4.3 for me. In addition it has a FFC which I was disappointed about with the X2 lacking it.

mugz91
07-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Dude, that's a lot of frikkin' phones!!!

Leach19m
07-13-2011, 12:25 AM
I am in total agreement with you. I wish there were ROM's available for the X2 as I do feel that would be a big fix. But the X2 has 2.3.4 coming shortly.....however the D3 comes with it. All and all the D3 appears to be the better phone with a better processor in the IMAP, 1080p video recording to the X2's 720, and the added HDMI mirroring like the X2. Plus I am small so the 4 inch screen will most likely work better than the 4.3 for me. In addition it has a FFC which I was disappointed about with the X2 lacking it.

Yeah, hardware wise its def better IMO. I want a dualcore too and Ffc would be great. As good as the x has been to me (once I kicked blur to the curb) I can't wait to upgrade to a more (hardware) powerful phone. More power to you for the early free upgrades :)

Loving me some CM4DX

toilkenn
07-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Nerdslogic thats great news that your getting a D3. I'm in the same boat that your in. I'm having so many issues with my DX2 that I literally want to break my phone in half. I got the DX2 a a replacement for my original DX because with the gingerbread update hit, it totally messed it up. Now I've gone through 3 DX2 replacements in the last month in a half and Verizon still insist on sending me out one more DX2 to see if it works.
I have a love hate relationship with this phone. I love it becuase its totally fast and the DX is just an awesome phone. But I don't know why Motorola pushed out such a buggy phone with the DX2. Some of the issues that I have been having with this phone since I got it are...

Phone resetting itself randomly
Resetting itself while in the middle of a call or watching videos w/ flashplayer
Multiple of the same incoming text message
Random Voice command prompts
Phone overheating between the mic and speaker on the back just below the battery
Lagging camcorder video
Freezing video
Contact list Freeze
Horrible battery life

I have done all every kind of fix possible without voiding my warrenty from master resetting phone, deleting all the apps( to make sure an app on my phone is causing software conflict, format my sd, tried another sd, pulled battery, bought new batteries, etc!! Still the DX2 seems not to work for me and the more I visit these Droid forums, I'm finding about 65% of others are having some of the same issues. The ones that aren't having any issues are the lucky ones because like I said before, I would love to keep this phone, but I have to many bad issues with it. I will give you all a follow up how everything goes with my replacement tomorrow with the next DX2. But I promise you this, if this phone doesn't work, Verizon will get a peace of my mind!!:angry:

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:29 AM
The reason I would love to get a device history list for my account is it would help support the argument I have been giving to VZW. It is my belief that the CLN program is a joke. Reason being is I have had phones show up to my house where the touch screen didn't even work (one of the D2's), then another had me spend an hour and a half on the phone with 611 trying to get to activate before they gave up and sent out another one (another D2). Due to the fact that they haven't all been the same issues as with the LG's, what I mean is with the LG's, the venus for instance all had the same problem....GPS was way inaccurate....the Voyagers kept dropping touch screen calibration, the Moto's on the other hand have always been different issues. This leads me to believe that whatever reason the original owner sent the phone in is most likely the same problem I am having now.

VZW....or Moto....someone....should do MEID tracking on the devices. That way they can see a history with it and see if it has been sent in before. See I run a computer service company....and if you call me and say your video card failed on your new PC you bought from me I am going to head out and install and new video card for you. But if you call back a week later and say it failed again.....i am going to look at other causes like motherboard or something that could be killing video cards. I think VZW or Moto is not doing that. They get the phone in with whatever issue and they replace the part then send back out....phone comes back with same issue and they rinse and repeat. They don't look to see if it has failed before and if there maybe something else that is bad which is causing the other parts or functions to fail.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Dude, that's a lot of frikkin' phones!!!

right? I usually remind them of this EVERY SINGLE TIME I CALL....

Yeah, hardware wise its def better IMO. I want a dualcore too and Ffc would be great. As good as the x has been to me (once I kicked blur to the curb) I can't wait to upgrade to a more (hardware) powerful phone. More power to you for the early free upgrades :)

Loving me some CM4DX

I truly loved the X even though it was a very short experience (10 days) GB OTA killed it.

Nerdslogic thats great news that your getting a D3. I'm in the same boat that your in. I'm having so many issues with my DX2 that I literally want to break my phone in half. I got the DX2 a a replacement for my original DX because with the gingerbread update hit, it totally messed it up. Now I've gone through 3 DX2 replacements in the last month in a half and Verizon still insist on sending me out one more DX2 to see if it works.
I have a love hate relationship with this phone. I love it becuase its totally fast and the DX is just an awesome phone. But I don't know why Motorola pushed out such a buggy phone with the DX2. Some of the issues that I have been having with this phone since I got it are...

Phone resetting itself randomly
Resetting itself while in the middle of a call or watching videos w/ flashplayer
Multiple of the same incoming text message
Random Voice command prompts
Phone overheating between the mic and speaker on the back just below the battery
Lagging camcorder video
Freezing video
Contact list Freeze
Horrible battery life

I have done all every kind of fix possible without voiding my warrenty from master resetting phone, deleting all the apps( to make sure an app on my phone is causing software conflict, format my sd, tried another sd, pulled battery, bought new batteries, etc!! Still the DX2 seems not to work for me and the more I visit these Droid forums, I'm finding about 65% of others are having some of the same issues. The ones that aren't having any issues are the lucky ones because like I said before, I would love to keep this phone, but I have to many bad issues with it. I will give you all a follow up how everything goes with my replacement tomorrow with the next DX2. But I promise you this, if this phone doesn't work, Verizon will get a peace of my mind!!:angry:

All and All I am disappointed with the X2. It is fast....must faster that the X, but it seems like a beta device.....really buggy and in need of some fixes. The X was a solid device and still is. I had high expectations for the X2 and haven't really seen them fulfilled. Yes supercharging it, removing bloat, SD Increase mod's, Spare Parts, changing out SD card to a Class 10....all of those made dramatic improvements....but all of those should have been done before I received the phone in my opinion.

As for your issues

I have or had:
the resets
multiple messages
Voice command issues
a bit of heat
contacts crashing
dialer crashing
not getting texts unless I reboot
having to pull battery in order to make phone call

but not some of the others that you have. I might of but fixed them with the above mentioned adjustments and mods.

Leach19m
07-13-2011, 12:44 AM
I truly loved the X even though it was a very short experience (10 days) GB OTA killed it..

Haha I was never on stock GB. Went from Liberty on froyo to Liberty on GB, to CM7 as soon as it was released. Blur is the bane of my existence, so i make an effort to keep it off my phone

Loving me some CM4DX

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 05:03 AM
I am actually quite surprised the D3 comes with 2.3.4 while the X2 is still on 2.2.2 with no projected update thus far.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Well called as promised as was told that the reps are unable to send out that information. I was directed to submit a request to Corporate....which I did.

Nerdslogic
07-13-2011, 09:21 PM
oh....but I did get these today. Tracking info for my D3 :big smile:

toilkenn
07-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Well... Got my supposedly Certified "Like New" phone in from Verizon today and already had like two resets after trying to watch video on the stock youtube app. I haven't added any other apps yet and I am keeping it as stock as possible to see if I can trace any issues. I haven't even sync any of my contacts over yet from backup assist & neither have I imported my gmail account. Also, the speaker volume seems to be really low compared to the other two I had and I'm experiencing slow and lagging dialing (when I press the keys). Last but not least, this phone seems to not want to pick up 3g signal at all. I know its not the service because I have my wifes phone right next to it (which is a crappy LG Ally by the way) and its picking up 4 full bars!! Searched the forums and google for this problem and others are saying to turn phone into airplane mode and turn off and the problem is fixed. What do you know, it works!!

All I have to say is Verizon and Motorola should be ashamed of themselves for this type of garbage. Its not like they are even trying. I feel like I'm a phone beta tester or something. I should get paid for going through all these buggy phones and finding issues. I hate to leave the DX family, but I'm afraid this is the last straw for me gentleman. I thought the 3rd time would be the charm, but apparently it isn't. The original DX and I had a good run, but unfortunately GB came and broke us up and forced me to move in with the bitter DX2 and her not so nice twin sister (lol). I'm going to troubleshoot the phone for another couple of days and see what gives and I'll post up my final thoughts.

On positive note (yeah, I'm suprised as well!) the camera and camcorder seems to take excellent shots this time! I wonder after a couple of days, will the system start to wear a little bit...?

toilkenn
07-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Now that I think about it, why are all the DX2 so called "Certified Brand New" and the phone has only been out for like 3 months at the most? Does that mean they had so many bad phones from the start, as soon people got them, they were having issues and sent them back and now we are getting the circulated phones. I'm going to start a ESN/ MEID tracking site so we can follow up on this type of stuff!

Also, has anyone heard that they disconnected the DX2 already. I read it on a blog somewhere (DAMN, I wished I had booked marked it so I could share the link with you guys. If I find it, I'll post it). That would totally suck if Motorola put out a bad product and is now abandoning it and forcing Verizon to leave us high and dry with a crappy phone! I just hope that its not true!

toilkenn
07-14-2011, 03:18 AM
Now that I think about it, why are all the DX2 so called "Certified Brand New" and the phone has only been out for like 3 months at the most? Does that mean they had so many bad phones from the start, as soon people got them, they were having issues and sent them back and now we are getting the circulated phones. I'm going to start a ESN/ MEID tracking site so we can follow up on this type of stuff!

lol... I see someone had this idea already. lol. Maybe I should read more!

Nerdslogic
07-14-2011, 04:35 AM

Also, has anyone heard that they disconnected the DX2 already. I read it on a blog somewhere (DAMN, I wished I had booked marked it so I could share the link with you guys. If I find it, I'll post it). That would totally suck if Motorola put out a bad product and is now abandoning it and forcing Verizon to leave us high and dry with a crappy phone! I just hope that its not true!

I think that's a great idea. I have told VZW on multiple occasions that they should track MEID's so they can see if they are getting returned over and over for the same problem. It is my belief that when I receive a Certified Like New replacement and it starts failing it is most likely the same exact issue the original owner had.

firefighterguy
07-14-2011, 05:14 AM
What was worth the thread was the response I got after venting about the X2. Long story short I have a Droid 3 arriving on Friday.

I'm in agreement with Snow. Something just doesn't sound right. I'm not trying to knock you having a lot of phones since 2008. But I don't think you're handed a phone that was barely released. Not without a price.

"King of the 'Self-Edit'"

Nerdslogic
07-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Well I had a price...I had to renew my contract. You may not consider that a price but I do due to my experiences. But yeah....no financial cost if that is what you mean. Got the X2 for free and now D3 free.

Nerdslogic
07-14-2011, 05:35 AM
I am pretty straight forward with VZW in saying "I am NOT going to give you guys any money for another phone. I have done that 3 times before and every one was problems. I feel as though everytime I do that I am paying for more problems which I am not going to do".

Seems to work....done it a twice and each time resulted in free upgrade. I guess I just hold my contract over their heads.

3rotorRX8
07-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Not once but twice, x2 now d3, and I put a stack on it that when the bionic (if it comes out) will make the hat trick.

sent from Droid X rocking old school Gummy

riri9474
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Can anyone say LEMON LAW! Lol i mean seriously, 25 phones, i think id have move on to something different by now with that history lol ive had my X2 since may and not a single major problem, at least not a problem i couldnt fix easy, guess ur just super unlucky...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

3rotorRX8
07-14-2011, 10:24 AM

+1

Friend at work rocks an og and he is on #3 this year 5 total sense he got it when it first dropped. This man has gone back and forth with moto, version and the insurance ppl for 6 months bout this problem, still on a D1.

3rotorRX8
07-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Can anyone say LEMON LAW! Lol i mean seriously, 25 phones, i think id have move on to something different by now with that history lol ive had my X2 since may and not a single major problem, at least not a problem i couldnt fix easy, guess ur just super unlucky...

Here's the thing...warranty = new replacement

riri9474
07-14-2011, 10:40 AM
If u dont mind the constant aggravation then more power to ya i woulda gave up after the first few phones myself.

Nerdslogic
07-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I will post pic of invoice to show the zero cost

toilkenn
07-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Called Verizon today to complain about the 3rd crappy phone. They did opt to send me a HTC Incredible 2. I'm wondering should I take it? What do you guys think?

Zog
07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I just went to the Verizon store today. The d3s keyboard blows, especially if ur coming from the d2. The keys are hella spaced out instead of touching each other. I type faster on the x now lol!

The Inc 2 is awesome! Its better than than the x to be honest. More ram and storage and touch buttons. Lighter, and sense owns motoblur. That being said.. I'd rather have a dx but I'd even more rather have both!

JeepDroid
07-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Come on zog you are seriously killing my dream of a.d3. Haha all phones have their flaws and there hasn't been a phone yet that has pleased everyone. I think ill stop by verizon today and check the little droid out myself.

fc127
07-15-2011, 07:58 AM
I am pretty straight forward with VZW in saying "I am NOT going to give you guys any money for another phone. I have done that 3 times before and every one was problems. I feel as though everytime I do that I am paying for more problems which I am not going to do".

Seems to work....done it a twice and each time resulted in free upgrade. I guess I just hold my contract over their heads.

This makes it sound like you just want the newest phone available. I could find something wrong with my DX right now, but that doesn't mean I should call Verizon and demand a new phone... Seems like greediness is at play more than faulty phones. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

Nerdslogic
07-15-2011, 08:11 AM
This makes it sound like you just want the newest phone available. I could find something wrong with my DX right now, but that doesn't mean I should call Verizon and demand a new phone... Seems like greediness is at play more than faulty phones. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

Doesn't bother me at all.

Nerdslogic
07-15-2011, 08:12 AM
I will post up more when I get on my computer but that isn't the case which is why it doesn't bother me

firefighterguy
07-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I just went to the Verizon store today. The d3s keyboard blows, especially if ur coming from the d2. The keys are hella spaced out instead of touching each other. I type faster on the x now lol!

The Inc 2 is awesome! Its better than than the x to be honest. More ram and storage and touch buttons. Lighter, and sense owns motoblur. That being said.. I'd rather have a dx but I'd even more rather have both!

Lighter usually makes me think it's kinda flimsy. I like heftier phones. Ones that feels like I can kill someone with. Lmao! Or ones that I can play phone-chicken with and while the other phone is in 1,000 pieces, mine is still in one. Lol

"King of the 'Self-Edit'"

Zog
07-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Lol at murder weapon. Cause of death. . . Droid x to the face!

They still have that flange on the d3 but its on the bottom now, the slider is sleek and smaller and doesn't sit flush with the bottom of the phone.. its ugly!

The hardware is all botched in it too. The only thing it has going for it is the dual core and full HDMI. None of which validate an upgrade from my dx imo.

After seeing my old d2 in the store I was shocked at how flipping small that phone really is, can never go back to a 3.7"

Nerdslogic
07-15-2011, 11:45 PM
So far I am really liking this D3. Much better phone than the X2 IMHO. I mean it feels WAY quicker and the 2.3.4 is awefully nice. Would like some root though....that is one thing the X2 has on the D3 for sure.

Anyway....as promised here is my cost.
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww21/ca2or/Mobile%20Uploads/Capture.jpg

When you have had 29 previous phones you don't feel so bad taking free upgrades.

riri9474
07-16-2011, 04:55 AM
29? I thought it was 25 lol have u gone through 4 phones since that post? Lol just joshin ya btw hehe

JeepDroid
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I went to verizon today to see the droid 3. To be honest I was only impressed with the hardware. The d2 series feels more solid physically. The keyboard is pretty cool being 5 row.

Zog
07-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Instead of spacing the keys out. . I'd rather have the d2 keyboard with a mini numpad next to it on the d3, instead of the d pad like the OG Droid, and maybe some programmable buttons where the numrow currently is. .

fc127
07-16-2011, 09:00 PM
So far I am really liking this D3. Much better phone than the X2 IMHO. I mean it feels WAY quicker and the 2.3.4 is awefully nice. Would like some root though....that is one thing the X2 has on the D3 for sure.

Anyway....as promised here is my cost.
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww21/ca2or/Mobile%20Uploads/Capture.jpg

When you have had 29 previous phones you don't feel so bad taking free upgrades.

I think you missed the point... We assumed you would not pay for it. The point is you are using the system to get the newest phone everytime something comes out.

From CM7 on my DX

toilkenn
07-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I went to verizon today to see the droid 3. To be honest I was only impressed with the hardware. The d2 series feels more solid physically. The keyboard is pretty cool being 5 row. Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Went to the Verizon store today as well and toyed around with the d3. The phone is truly slick. I ran the smart bench test next to my current dx2 and it basically is about 3 to 4 seconds faster than my phone. It truly is a remarkable phone and I even like the keyboard. Im still goingbto push for the d3 and if it works, ill let u all know.

Nerdslogic
07-17-2011, 12:59 AM
I think you missed the point... We assumed you would not pay for it. The point is you are using the system to get the newest phone everytime something comes out.

From CM7 on my DX

Not true although I still don't mind. I had 5 X2's in a period of 3 weeks. How many of those should I have gone through before I complained? Remember.....they called me. I didn't call them complaining.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

riri9474
07-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Not true although I still don't mind. I had 5 X2's in a period of 3 weeks. How many of those should I have gone through before I complained? Remember.....they called me. I didn't call them complaining.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I see now, and u know what my phone has a few quirks that i could probably do the same as u once a week, like before i turned all the soft key features my keyboard would stop working every so often and i would have to factory reset, but i solved that on, the pics i have on my sd card just close on me if i open the folder after a few seconds, maybe thats just the way it is idk, i get random restarts, but now enough to care, force closes quite often but guess what, i just reopen them, hehe, what im saying is ur never gona get a perfect phone, people should try and live with what they can instead of running to verizon or whoever everytime their phone burps lol its a wonder 2 gigs for 30 buck, they gotta make up for all the phones the get returned that were having issues when most of them can be fix urself. Just my 2 cents..

riri9474
07-17-2011, 07:15 AM
And some more cents i have to offer is people like to complain that businesses screw us over all the time and the fact is we do the same to them! Its a vicous cycle, and imo if someone isnt comfortable with a regular computer then dont buy a super smart phone cause they will go through 29 phones in 3 years hehe, just messen with ya, :) but seriously phone companies should incorporate a discount for the really good smart phone if the consumer can pass a test so to speak, something that would let them know if that person will be able to handle the phone! Then maybe they wouldnt have so many returns and in turn save money and perhaps pass it on to us! Lol yeah i know thats a bit of a stretch! Lol

riri9474
07-17-2011, 07:25 AM
DARNIT! Every time i try to add a user pick it forces close! Time for a new phone! Hehe again, just joshen ya nerdslogic..

riri9474
07-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Do i need resize what im trying to use as a user pic? Or does it just not work?

Nerdslogic
08-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Well.....I am now awaiting my 4th Droid 3....thinking of reactivating the X2:mad2: Now they are guaranteeing me a Bionic on release date....but I am seriously concerned over what kind of issues that Bionic will have....most likely Bionic issues I am sure.

creamsteve
08-08-2011, 06:06 AM
You have to be trolling. There's no way someone goes through this many phones in this amount of time. And even if you are, then you are breaking them to get the next best thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The persuader
08-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Morning creamsteve...

Its very Possible...I replaced 6 BB phones...the Seventh one was a New One...I used for 1 week before my X arrived.

I am not an Advocate for Refurbished Phone...for this Reasons....LOL

spodoc
08-08-2011, 07:05 AM
It is possible to go through a lot of phones from one model, but agree that across multiple models indicates a problem with the user and not the phones.

Talon66721
08-08-2011, 07:08 AM
I've had two replacements sent to me in the last three weeks. Agreed, refurbished is rolling the dice hoping you get a good one. This one seems to be so far, thankfully. I think going through several lemon phones is possible.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.4, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

Nerdslogic
08-08-2011, 07:38 AM
You have to be trolling. There's no way someone goes through this many phones in this amount of time. And even if you are, then you are breaking them to get the next best thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

don't suppose you are close to Portland are you? I have 3 Droid 3's you can play with and tell me if I am tripping....

FYI....it isn't due to lack of effort. I have been continuing troubleshooting some of these devices after receiving replacements....see here. Motorola is currently trying to troubleshoot 2 of their D3's in this thread. There is mention of the most recent....."disappointment"....in one of my last posts.

I am really starting to get upset with Motorola at this point. They USED to make solid devices.....key word is USED TO. You will love the challenge I presented them with.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/55345?start=0&tstart=0

and let's not get into the emails I have been sending to Verizon's Tech Support Coordinator as well as a few contacts at Motorola. They all follow the same mood from me towards them....but here is the one to VZW's guy. After editing this is the PG-13 version....if you would like the R version feel free to shoot me a PM and I will send it on up.

Sorry if my language upsets anyone but if you have been through what I have been through I am sure you would feel the same.

Again....I know most of you are going to think I am over reacting or just "trying to get the latest and greatest" but keep in mind. If you read my last post it says it all.....I am currently using my Droid X....not the X2 I have sitting on my desk nor either of the 3 Droid 3's I currently have in my possession.

Maybe I am just expecting to much.....by expecting a functioning device.

The persuader
08-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I would hope Motorola would be interested in their quality of phones in Market...rather then Market Distribution...its gotta be costing them additional expenditures to repair...less profits but I'm sure their fine

Its Bubba

Nerdslogic
08-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I agree....and as I stated to them I don't get what happened. They seem to be going downhill at this point. I am hoping that VZW gets the SGS2 so I can pass on the Bionic and get that. I would love 4g and Dual Core but the 4g doesn't allow for talk and surf, and I can only imagine the issues that are to be had.

skyshadow
08-08-2011, 07:59 AM
don't suppose you are close to Portland are you? I have 3 Droid 3's you can play with and tell me if I am tripping....

FYI....it isn't due to lack of effort. I have been continuing troubleshooting some of these devices after receiving replacements....see here. Motorola is currently trying to troubleshoot 2 of their D3's in this thread. There is mention of the most recent....."disappointment"....in one of my last posts.

I am really starting to get upset with Motorola at this point. They USED to make solid devices.....key word is USED TO. You will love the challenge I presented them with.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/55345?start=0&tstart=0

and let's not get into the emails I have been sending to Verizon's Tech Support Coordinator as well as a few contacts at Motorola. They all follow the same mood from me towards them....but here is the one to VZW's guy. After editing this is the PG-13 version....if you would like the R version feel free to shoot me a PM and I will send it on up.

Sorry if my language upsets anyone but if you have been through what I have been through I am sure you would feel the same.

Again....I know most of you are going to think I am over reacting or just "trying to get the latest and greatest" but keep in mind. If you read my last post it says it all.....I am currently using my Droid X....not the X2 I have sitting on my desk nor either of the 3 Droid 3's I currently have in my possession.

Maybe I am just expecting to much.....by expecting a functioning device.

I am fully behind you man. I have had 3 defective DROID xs and now this is my third defective x2. All with screen or speaker problems. This is not the users fault this is these crap refurbs. Now I don't know what to do cause im getting a call from them today so I can replace my dx2 they offered me a d3 but now I am resistant on what to do.

Nerdslogic
08-08-2011, 08:00 AM
It is possible to go through a lot of phones from one model, but agree that across multiple models indicates a problem with the user and not the phones.

I have tried only activating one google account (instead of the typical 9 I have), installing no apps, installing all apps, installing one by one, going over and over and over my apps. Trust me....once I hit like the 15 mark I started looking at what I was doing. What is really sad is I didn't root until like my 25th phone or something.

To be fair...the first 10 phones were LG's....4 Venus's (due to GPS issues on all of them), 4 Voyagers (due to touchscreen calibration issues with all of them) and 2 EnvTouch's....can't recall the issues I had with those....I think it was dropped calls.

Nerdslogic
08-08-2011, 08:04 AM
I am fully behind you man. I have had 3 defective DROID xs and now this is my third defective x2. All with screen or speaker problems. This is not the users fault this is these crap refurbs. Now I don't know what to do cause im getting a call from them today so I can replace my dx2 they offered me a d3 but now I am resistant on what to do.

Well you can start by posting in that thread to Moto. I figure by making my issues public might speed along the process. I do believe (to be fair) that all the bugs with the X2 and the D3 will be resolved with an update. But I can't keep doing this....especially without root. I went back to the X because I still have customer data and history there and I WONT lose it. Every D3 I have gone through has caused a loss of data and history....every single invoice I made on those phones was gone the moment it was replaced. So I get to look incompetent (thanks moto) to my customers when I can't remember what I did for them the last time I was there.

3rotorRX8
08-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Edit.... re read this thread, I remember this guy now.

skyshadow
08-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Well you can start by posting in that thread to Moto. I figure by making my issues public might speed along the process. I do believe (to be fair) that all the bugs with the X2 and the D3 will be resolved with an update. But I can't keep doing this....especially without root. I went back to the X because I still have customer data and history there and I WONT lose it. Every D3 I have gone through has caused a loss of data and history....every single invoice I made on those phones was gone the moment it was replaced. So I get to look incompetent (thanks moto) to my customers when I can't remember what I did for them the last time I was there.

Well see all my issues have been caused by defective hardware. Screens or speakers. I honestly think its these refurb phones but I don't know what to do. Im sick of this process lol. Now I don't want a d3 cause I would lose all my data cause there's no root. Where do I go from here?

Nerdslogic
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
pick a rootable phone, stick with your X2, I don't know. IF I could get a working D3 I would stick with it till root was available. I am really upset for returning the one due to lockscreen issues. EVERYTHING else was fine. Well....it took blue pictures but I have Camera 360 which fixes that.

Should have kept it. But I didn't think that I should have to being that this was to be my phone for the next year....would have drove me nuts.

skyshadow
08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Well unfortunately the galaxy s2 and bionic are 4g phones or I would get one of those

gbrinn
08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
What's wrong with 4G?

skyshadow
08-08-2011, 10:11 AM
They told me I could choose from any 3g device. I don't think I could get a 4g one

gbrinn
08-08-2011, 10:27 AM
They told me I could choose from any 3g device. I don't think I could get a 4g one

That makes sense. Someone earlier said 4G didn't allow calls and surfing at the same time which I'm pretty sure is incorrect.

Nerdslogic
08-09-2011, 12:22 AM
That makes sense. Someone earlier said 4G didn't allow calls and surfing at the same time which I'm pretty sure is incorrect.

Typically 4g's can do talk and surf....just the Bionic....you know....the "flagship" Bionic....yeah...that one can't do it.

Snow02
08-09-2011, 12:35 AM
No, it can. It just can't do 3G data and talk simultaneously.

cory46
08-09-2011, 12:38 AM
No, it can. It just can't do 3G data and talk simultaneously.

^^^^^ this^^^^^

Nerdslogic
08-09-2011, 02:40 AM
oh...well there you go....I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere that it couldn't. Let me track it down and read again.

Wicholas
08-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Given that any verizon 4g phone still has multiple radios (3g and 4g), even if it couldn't multitask on a 4g connection it could still use the 3g radio for the call and the 4g radio for the ip connection (to my understanding)

3elevenX
08-09-2011, 06:26 AM
How the heck do you guys go thru so many phones? I get a new phone every two years, that's it. Been on this DROID X since release and haven't had a single issue (even with GB). Either I have the miracle phone or you guys beat the hell out of them haha. Its not like I baby this sucker either, gets used all day for work & personal.

gbrinn
08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I thought the 4g thing sounded odd.

wahoobie
08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
How the heck do you guys go thru so many phones? I get a new phone every two years, that's it. Been on this DROID X since release and haven't had a single issue (even with GB). Either I have the miracle phone or you guys beat the hell out of them haha. Its not like I baby this sucker either, gets used all day for work & personal.

I have had (4) DX's starting with a bad headphone jack, to a replacement that would only work on speaker phone out of the box, to another bad headphone jack, to the one on the desk now. I hate that headphone jack....and I don't drop it I just use it for running. I am ready for a new design so the jack sits flush with the outside of the case so this won't happen again. I am tired of replacements for bad design.