PDA

View Full Version : Whats the easiest way to go from Apex 1.4.1 to Apex 2 gingerbread RC2

tlucca
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering what the best method is to go from apex 1.4.1 to apex gingerbread. It was easy to root froyo and install roms, but not sure the method to go to gingerbread rom.

thanks in advance for the help,
Tom

BHuber09
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Its very easy. All you have to do is download the 2 part zip of rooted GB (since GB doesnt have a single click root yet, we have to install a pre-rooted version of it) (or if you have the team black hat app the all in 1 zip.) Flash both parts like you would a normal ROM. Wipe data/factory reset. Install from zip then go back and install part 2. Then reboot. Then go back into clockwork (after going into settings -> applications -> development -> and uncheck usb debbuging) and then install the ApeX zip you downloaded previously and boom youre all set.

sorry if thats confustion If you have questions about it ask ill be glad to help. And Welcome to The forum!!

popcenator
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
An SBF before the two part install is needed.

on the move..

zoe
07-12-2011, 11:23 PM
An SBF before the two part install is needed.

on the move..

want to make sure for myself, sbf is necessary prior to flashing to gb even if you're on a froyo rom?

something, anything else.. :)

popcenator
07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Yes, I've experimented with it myself.

on the move..

BHuber09
07-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I have never had to sbf from a froyo rom in order to go to GB.
However Pop knows what he is doing.
I would try and flash it, if it fails oh no you have to SBF which is what youd have to do anyways.
Id say the possible reward is worth the risk.