PDA

View Full Version : (Update: Download it NOW!) New Look for Android Market Coming Soon

wicked
07-12-2011, 04:31 PM
http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/article/android_market.jpg

Google has unveiled a new UI for the Android Market that is set to roll out to Android 2.2+ phones over the next couple weeks. The UI changes are designed to make it easier to find new apps, movies and books, as well as to bring some of the features of the Android Market Web Store to phones.

The Market UI overhaul will bring a new homescreen with easy access to apps, games, movies, and books. When you begin to drill down, you'll find the usual Categories, Top Paid, Top Free, Top Grossing, and Just In lists that we've come to expect, but you'll also find easy access to an Editor's Choice list and Staff Picks.

The new UI also highlights Google's video and books stores, so you can rent video or buy books much easier. Google has also said that they have completely rebuilt the Market app, so the entire experience should be faster and more intuitive than before.

An interesting note that Google casually tossed into the preview video for the new Market is that Google is claiming their bookstore has the "largest collection of digital books" on your phone. Google is still claiming over 3 million books in their store, compared to just under 1 million in the Kindle store.

The Android Market update should automatically be pushed to your device (assuming you're running Android 2.2+) over the next couple weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pbo-d62ivY&feature=player_embedded

Source: Google Mobile Blog (http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-android-market-for-phones-with.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OfficialGoogleMobileBlog+(Off icial+Google+Mobile+Blog))

UPDATE: Want to give a test run now? I got you covered!

Downoad Link (http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/files/com.android.vending-new.apk)

gbrinn
07-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Interesting.

Recently, I've found it almost easier to find stuff on the market through my PC and have them pushed to my phone. So, if this update makes the site easier to use on the mobile version, more power to it.

macpro88
07-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Finally, hopefully this will actually be a good update to Market. My one gripe have been how hard it is to discover new apps in the Market. iTunes and the App store, even on a mobile device, are far easier at finding and discovering new apps. This should be a good update.

wicked
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Downoad Link (http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/files/com.android.vending-new.apk)

Snow02
07-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Kind of busy, but still well organized enough to not overwhelm. Love the side scrolling. Nice update.

PhysicsGuy
07-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Diggin' it. Thanks!

Nivek
07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Mine keeps failing to install any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
07-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Looks like a WP7 heh

Loving me some CM4DX

gbrinn
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Liking the new look. Just got it.

Wulf
07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Testing it now, looks pretty slick, yeah, has a win phone7 feel to it. Feel a little lag but pretty cool.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

mugz91
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM

So far I dig the new look. Thanks, Wicked.

Womp
07-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Yeah, it won't install...tries and then says 'application not installed'.

Any ideas?

On Apex 2.0 RC2

BHuber09
07-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Lovin it on SSX.
Also it changes how it downloads multiple downloads.
Instead of all it once it's one at a time muchhhhhh better!!

FreeMyMoto!!!

BracesForImpact
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Yep, no install here either. Running AOSP Liberty.

wicked
07-12-2011, 06:57 PM
To those who are having trouble installing, try replacing the deleting vending.apk from /system/app, putting it there and resetting permissions?

fasthair
07-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Much nicer! Funny now you can see the banded tethering apps but there is no install/update buttons. Silly Verzion :)

fasthair

zoe
07-12-2011, 07:19 PM
cm7 installed fine, did not re-enable the ad settings, and kind of like having my apps in alphabetical order...

something, anything else.. :)

Womp
07-12-2011, 07:30 PM
To those who are having trouble installing, try replacing the deleting vending.apk from /system/app, putting it there and resetting permissions?

I got it in there...What should the permissions be set at? Thanks :)

mikeinrichmond
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks Wicked, I can confirm it works great on the T-Bolt as well.. :)

Rsmin
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Wicked,got it. Downloaded and I like the looks. Thanks for the link.

Rsmin
07-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Has the movies and books always been in the market?

killhog
07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Im having problems installing

Stuckinabox
07-12-2011, 08:11 PM
How will it come when we get it automatically? On Incredibles it was basically *poof* new market, within seconds.

drago11
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Running sweet on darkslide x

smalltowngirl13
07-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks for sharing Wicked!!

Works on both the X and the Charge!

Womp
07-12-2011, 08:35 PM
SIGH...I somehow got it installed, I think a reboot helped, however now when I try to download and install an app from it, the Market force closes. :(

bossco
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I keep getting not installed can anyone help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Snow02
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Id you're on a custom rom with an edited market it may not install due to a signature issue.

For those having problems installing, go to manage applications and check your market version. What is it?

cory46
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
On apex do this

If you're running Apex RC2 and having issues installing the new market, try this: http://j.mp/nkPXGj <-- flash with D2 bootstrapper. from fab on Twitter

TideFan22
07-12-2011, 09:05 PM
I like it. I wonder once it officially gets released will someone be able to theme it?

From my Simply Stunning X

cory46
07-12-2011, 09:07 PM
I like it. I wonder once it officially gets released will someone be able to theme it,

That has already begun haha

killhog
07-12-2011, 09:08 PM

TideFan22
07-12-2011, 09:13 PM
That has already begun haha

Good!!!

Snow02
07-12-2011, 09:15 PM

Yeah, that's from january. There's been a couple updates since. What rom are you on?

Wulf
07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Works good on Darkslide X, installed no problems.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

Womp
07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
On apex do this

from fab on Twitter

Thanks for the tip, worked like a charm! :)

Mystikalrush
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Anyone able to get this to work on liberty gb?

Sent from my A500 using Droid X Forums

kradebaugh
07-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Love it! On SSX

ben
07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I am on liberty gb v0.8 and I used es file explorer (with root enabled and system mounted etc) then copied the file wicked posted, and pasted it in /system/app. I then renamed the file "vending.apk" to "vending.bak" then renamed wicked's file to "vending.apk". I didn't even have to reset to access the new market; it was already in my app drawer :-)

Mystikalrush
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Where is this vending apk link I don't see it anywhere on this thread

cory46
07-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Where is this vending apk link I don't see it anywhere on this thread

The first post at the bottom

iphonekiller
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Works on SSX. Uninstall existing market and install new APK. easy as that and no issues. A little laggy but not bad.

beckerfj
07-12-2011, 10:59 PM
On apex do this

from fab on Twitter

The weird thing for me is that I tried this, wiped cache and Dalvik and flashed. No go for me...odd.

I'll keep looking into it.

Apex 2.0 RC2

bigrednemo
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Anyone tried on CM7 yet?

Leach19m
07-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Anyone tried on CM7 yet?

Yup. Installed without any issues

Loving me some CM4DX

beckerfj
07-13-2011, 12:22 AM
The weird thing for me is that I tried this, wiped cache and Dalvik and flashed. No go for me...odd.

I'll keep looking into it.

Apex 2.0 RC2

Okay, I got it to work. It looks pretty sweet.

Originally, I tried what was suggested in this thread. Then I tried Fab's zip. It didn't work. I put the original Vending.apk back and tried Fab's zip again and it took.

Odd, but then again I'm sure it makes sense...just not to me.

Apex 2.0 RC2

justifi
07-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Has the movies and books always been in the market?

I never noticed it before.

I do know those of us with rooted phones can't download films for off-line viewing through googles video rental app. The inability to download movies on rooted phones at first thought ticked me off, as it's google who created an open source platform for our phones. Than I thought the film industry probably isn't comfortable with a hacked device. What are your thoughts?

The new android market is like your mother getting a great face lift but you didn't think she needed it until you saw the results.

Here's the url that I used for those who might have had problems with the other link.

http://www.4shared.com/file/kyNUMuu_/comandroidvending-new.html?[/QUOTE]

bossco
07-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Ok here is a stupid question how do I un install my market

zoe
07-13-2011, 02:23 AM
I never noticed it before.

I do know those of us with rooted phones can't download films for off-line viewing through googles video rental app. The inability to download movies on rooted phones at first thought ticked me off, as it's google who created an open source platform for our phones. Than I thought the film industry probably isn't comfortable with a hacked device. What are your thoughts?

fix already floating about... haven't tried it, with netflix what's the point? maybe selection but as it's on a 4" screen I'm not looking for much to begin with

justifi
07-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Ok here is a stupid question how do I un install my market

Just click on the url I posted. It takes about 20 second for the click to download button appears.

justifi
07-13-2011, 02:29 AM
fix already floating about... haven't tried it, with netflix what's the point? maybe selection but as it's on a 4" screen I'm not looking for much to begin with

Same here. I don't rent movies often, which is why I'm not paying for a netflix membership. I have tivo attached to 47" flat screen TV.
I thought it might be a cute option for a long trip. I mostly don't like that I'm not allowed.

scottpole
07-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Very nice wicked working great here running stock 2.2 installed fine. Resembles the honeycomb market and a bit of amazon app store when viewing top paid and top free sections. Overall enjoying the new look.

Droid X 2.2 stock rooted

Moisesm
07-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Just a heads up. Do not to rent movies.. it wont let you watch them. I forgot about that and purchased one. So now because im rooted I can't watch it.

jmartinez748
07-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Same here. I don't rent movies often, which is why I'm not paying for a netflix membership. I have tivo attached to 47" flat screen TV.
I thought it might be a cute option for a long trip. I mostly don't like that I'm not allowed.

haha agreed i would prolly never rent one but the fact that i cant makes me want to its like the big red button that says dont press

Milkweed25
07-13-2011, 06:35 AM
On apex do this

from fab on Twitter

Thanks Cory, It worked perfectly.

Nivek
07-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Anyone able to get this to work on liberty gb?

Sent from my A500 using Droid X Forums

I used the apex fix on a whim and it worker on liberty gb v.09. I can't theme the icon anymore though.

DebianDog
07-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Looks like a WP7 heh

I fear that...

ajp
07-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Easy install for liberty v0.9....

Download new apk and place in /system/app

Rename vending.apk to vending.bak

Rename downloaded apk to vending.apk and set permissions to rw-r--r-- (what the original was)

Then i had to reboot.

Hope this helps...i saw someone had trouble on liberty 0.9

goldsmitht
07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
installed, but am now getting nothing but FC's when clicking on Market ICON

tried the rename bit, and got the same problem

goldsmitht
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
On apex do this

from fab on Twitter

Ok, not sure why this worked, but glad it did, was tired of the FC's! I'm running Liberty AOSP, used the APEX RC2 fix, and worked like a charm. Did a battery pull cuz i thought i was in a loop, but realized that it was probably just taking a while to boot.

thanks!!! :big smile:

Poker3
07-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Downloaded the apex fix and worked fine....so far.
On liberty aosp....download worked, tried installing some new apps..which worked. But now I'm looking at an update and I can't find a way to update the app? Only options I get is to open or uninstall. Is this a bug or something wrong?...or am I missing something?

cory46
07-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok, not sure why this worked, but glad it did, was tired of the FC's! I'm running Liberty AOSP, used the APEX RC2 fix, and worked like a charm. Did a battery pull cuz i thought i was in a loop, but realized that it was probably just taking a while to boot.

thanks!!! :big smile:

liberty AOSP is extremly close to Apex rc1/2 thats probably why and they most likely used the same market which had a different signature than the one pushed by El Goog

macpro88
07-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Download and worked great on rooted .596. Didn't have to change permissions or delete old one or anything, looking pretty good so far, defiantly a big change from before.

cory46
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Downloaded the apex fix and worked fine....so far.
On liberty aosp....download worked, tried installing some new apps..which worked. But now I'm looking at an update and I can't find a way to update the app? Only options I get is to open or uninstall. Is this a bug or something wrong?...or am I missing something?

did you go through the my apps button when you hit the menu button to bring up settings? and you get options like so?

http://i.imgur.com/WaZ78.png http://i.imgur.com/tpRL3.png

Poker3
07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
did you go through the my apps button when you hit the menu button to bring up settings? and you get options like so?

http://i.imgur.com/WaZ78.png http://i.imgur.com/tpRL3.png

Yes I did...but don't have that option to update?

http://tapatalk.com/mu/44737a0e-f53e-f50c.jpg

cory46
07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
haha you dont haha thats crazy... even if you click on the twitter icon and go to the next page?

Muteki
07-13-2011, 02:45 PM
I installed and runs great the only issue I see at the moment is I have a hard time getting things to update.

Poker3
07-13-2011, 02:47 PM
haha you dont haha thats crazy... even if you click on the twitter icon and go to the next page?

Yes, going to the app....its just open or uninstall ??
:s

cory46
07-13-2011, 02:49 PM

haha i really don't know.. have you tried a reboot? and try fixing permisions as well in clockwork or rom manager if you have it

killhog
07-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Tried everything and still no go. Not sure why it wont install

killhog
07-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Lol ok maybe not everything. Got it now and I like it alot

nomad2311
07-13-2011, 07:16 PM
I am on liberty gb v0.8 and I used es file explorer (with root enabled and system mounted etc) then copied the file wicked posted, and pasted it in /system/app. I then renamed the file "vending.apk" to "vending.bak" then renamed wicked's file to "vending.apk". I didn't even have to reset to access the new market; it was already in my app drawer :-)

This worked for me as well

havensed
07-13-2011, 07:22 PM
The Apex flash version works perfectly, thanks Fab.

Apex 2.0 RC2, at my speed, blurless is amazing, very blacked out with super green accent.

ajp
07-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Get a force close when trying to buy an app (right when I click on the price). Anyone else have this issue?

Liberty .9

Money Mike
07-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I can't update apps unless there are more than one update available.

wicked
07-13-2011, 08:32 PM
To those getting errors, try clearing the cache on market.

Open up settings->applications->manage applications->ALL
scroll down to Market and clear data.

See if that fixes your issues.

hillbilliegreg
07-13-2011, 08:34 PM
well I downloaded it, not that I want it, bored I guess, rooted 596,it works, took awhile to find something that didn't want access to my dental records and birth certificate . looks like it was designed for 10 yr olds. personally I don't use the market, i prefer "F-droid" repository, all open source apps, by geeks not trying to make a million bucks, or mine my data, also I use getjar for political reasons, but thats just me, if google made it where I could search for the app I wanted I would use it, but they don't "get it"

ajp
07-13-2011, 10:09 PM
To those getting errors, try clearing the cache on market.

Open up settings->applications->manage applications->ALL
scroll down to Market and clear data.

See if that fixes your issues.

Good suggestion but still no luck for me. Even did a battery pull after clearing the data....

Poker3
07-14-2011, 05:59 AM
haha i really don't know.. have you tried a reboot? and try fixing permisions as well in clockwork or rom manager if you have it

Yes, tried all that. Fix permissions in term/em, pulled battery, rebooted, cleared data...still no fix. But it seems that after a period of time, the option to update appears. When you click the app and proceed to the next screen, it was only saying open or uninstall. I checked back a little bit later, and now the open button is a update button. Not sure what the delay is for. I also experienced this again with the most recent facebook update. In my list of apps, I have an update in a separate list. I clicked on facebook, and there was no option to update, just open or uninstall. I let it sit like that...when i woke up this morning, I checked again, and sure enough, the open is now a update button. There seems to be some sort of delay from when it tells me in the list to when you can actually update the app. I have yet to have more than one update, so I'm not sure how that will go. So i guess, problem is resolved.

Rich on DX
Liberty AOSP
LauncherProPlus

S.dot
07-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Get a force close when trying to buy an app (right when I click on the price). Anyone else have this issue?

Liberty .9

Yea me too. I know the SBK way of resetting the phone, however i'm having some computer issues and cannot download the file. Has anyone tried fixing these issues with the calculator?

goldsmitht
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM

i'm on Liberty AOSP, and did the APEX fix. If you are looking for updates, go to "my apps" and if there are any updates, they will be listed. Just click on the "update #" and it works on mine.

droidxkillsiphone
07-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Okay, I got it to work. It looks pretty sweet.

Originally, I tried what was suggested in this thread. Then I tried Fab's zip. It didn't work. I put the original Vending.apk back and tried Fab's zip again and it took.

Odd, but then again I'm sure it makes sense...just not to me.

Apex 2.0 RC2

I AM RUNNING APEX RC2 AND INSTALLED THE NEW MARKET VIA TERMINAL AFTER THAT IT WAS NOT WORKING THAN I FLASHED WITH FABS ZIP AND IT WORKED NOW I AM GETTING ON TO THE MARKET BUT i cant buy apps everytime i try to buy an app it force closes sooo i re flashed fabs zip still no luck i than tried flashed the vending market zip i found to get back the old market and i still had the new market than i coypied the new market apk to system/apps and renamed it vending.apk and the vending.apk that was already in there i named it vending.bak and rebooted with same problem IF ANYONE HAS THE ORIGINAL MARKET.APK I THINK IT WOULD HELP? OR IF ANY OF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND KNOW HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE help me!!!!!!!!!!11

jmartinez748
07-18-2011, 08:18 AM
I AM RUNNING APEX RC2 AND INSTALLED THE NEW MARKET VIA TERMINAL AFTER THAT IT WAS NOT WORKING THAN I FLASHED WITH FABS ZIP AND IT WORKED NOW I AM GETTING ON TO THE MARKET BUT i cant buy apps everytime i try to buy an app it force closes sooo i re flashed fabs zip still no luck i than tried flashed the vending market zip i found to get back the old market and i still had the new market than i coypied the new market apk to system/apps and renamed it vending.apk and the vending.apk that was already in there i named it vending.bak and rebooted with same problem IF ANYONE HAS THE ORIGINAL MARKET.APK I THINK IT WOULD HELP? OR IF ANY OF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND KNOW HOW TO FIX IT PLEASE help me!!!!!!!!!!11

Please don't double post

droidxkillsiphone
07-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Please don't double post

sorry wont do it again

droidxkillsiphone
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM

Liberty .9

i have same issue running apex rc2

droidxkillsiphone
07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
I restored to rooted gingerbread than flashed apex 2.0 rc2 than revolution theme than booted rom than I FLASHED APEX 2.0 MARKET UPDATE AND market was not downloading apps than i did a reboot and it was downloading them than when i went to shreach for an app its said NO CONNECTION than i did a REBOOT and it worked than i downloaded some apps and than titaniumed my old apps that i had already downloaded and than after that i when to download more apps from the MARKET AND NOW IT KEEPS ON SAYING THAT THERES NO CONNECTION.

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO?

droidxkillsiphone
07-18-2011, 03:38 PM
My market says can not connect to server please try again can some one help me?

Sefirosu
07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Easy install for liberty v0.9....

Download new apk and place in /system/app

Rename vending.apk to vending.bak

Rename downloaded apk to vending.apk and set permissions to rw-r--r-- (what the original was)

Then i had to reboot.

Hope this helps...i saw someone had trouble on liberty 0.9

This worked like a charm!

Glizbane
07-19-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm running Liberty 2.0.1, and I'm having that same installation issue. Will I have to go back to stock to install the new market, or is my version of liberty compatible with that fix?

Btw, I tried copying and renaming the file, didn't work.

Sent from my DROIDX

Chaser720
07-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Installed on CM7 without any issues from the apk.

zudnik
07-22-2011, 04:12 PM
In previous posts it was mentioned on GB v 0.9 the apex rc2 fix worked ,was having problems installing and FC so i also tried it and it does work , after installing a menu popped up with a checkmark next to delvik? cache clear i clicked ok rebooted and is working.:smile:

zudnik
07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
on page 3 of this thread corey has the apex rc2 fix download link, im on GB .9 and this is what worked for me, was having same problems as you. Hopes this helps:smile:

Lane W
07-24-2011, 01:50 AM

Read your post and also skimmed through all the posts by other's here. I have not been able to get this "New Market."

I tried both the links you posted (think they're the same link) :confused: and also tried this one com.android.vending-new.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/kyNUMuu_/comandroidvending-new.html)? but it didn't work either (don't remember where I found it). Running 4.5.596 (Not Rooted) & received this typical default notice: Install Blocked. For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market". Tried it with Google, Firefox (5) and Dolphin - none were successful :(

It's not really a big deal if I get it prior to the OTA, but I'd like to look at it to see the changes and how it now looks & familiarize myself with it prior to the OTA. Whenever I do get it, will we still be able to go to Market > menu > My apps to check for current updates to the apps I have. Since these downloads failed are they somewhere on my Droid X or since the install failed they never made it to my Droid (which is what I suspect).

mugz91
07-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Read your post and also skimmed through all the posts by other's here. I have not been able to get this "New Market."

I tried both the links you posted (think they're the same link) :confused: and also tried this one com.android.vending-new.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/kyNUMuu_/comandroidvending-new.html)? but it didn't work either (don't remember where I found it). Running 4.5.596 (Not Rooted) & received this typical default notice: Install Blocked. For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Android Market". Tried it with Google, Firefox (5) and Dolphin - none were successful :(

It's not really a big deal if I get it prior to the OTA, but I'd like to look at it to see the changes and how it now looks & familiarize myself with it prior to the OTA. Whenever I do get it, will we still be able to go to Market > menu > My apps to check for current updates to the apps I have. Since these downloads failed are they somewhere on my Droid X or since the install failed they never made it to my Droid (which is what I suspect).

No problem. From your home screen hit your hard menu key, select settings, go to applications. The first thing on the page is a check box to install applications from unknown sources; check that box and download the new market again.

Lane W
07-25-2011, 11:32 PM
No problem. From your home screen hit your hard menu key, select settings, go to applications. The first thing on the page is a check box to install applications from unknown sources; check that box and download the new market again.

Thanks! That's a really easy way to allow unknown sources, non-market apps :p However, what about this question: Will I/we still be able to go to Market > Menu > My apps to check for current updates?

Or will there be a different route to follow with the New Market? Will there ever be a way to go back to the "old market" after doing this if I am not happy with the new market? Or is that not worth questioning since Android (Google) will eventually "force" the new market on everyone? :confused: If so, will this be an automatic OTA?

Thanks again for your reply

Amazonfemme
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Generally, I like the update ... but it's a real problem for me that comments/reviews are no longer in descending date order. (In fact, they're not in any date order at all.) I rely on user reviews to help me decide whether or not I want to update certain apps; since reviews may improve or worsen depending on updates, it's no help at all if the most recent reviews don't appear at the top. Has anyone figured out how to change this? The settings are of no use whatsoever.

silver04v
07-26-2011, 08:50 PM
This was pushed to my dx today automatically. Anyone else?

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

hillbilliegreg
07-26-2011, 08:58 PM
I find it amazing that the worst feature of the google market is the search function, and the reviews are out of order, what a piece of caca

moccor
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
How do I go about downgrading to the older market? I don't think I can simply uninstall updates, due to it coming with the ROM I'm using (MIUI).

cory46
07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah just uninstall updates

moccor
07-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Ahh, what I meant is, I can't uninstall updates, because the updated version came with the ROM. I simply just have to find it in Titanium Backup and remove/freeze it, and then using the apk of the previous version and install it? Do you know the version of the older apk so that I can find a download link? Thanks.

emarlatt
11-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Just a heads up. Do not to rent movies.. it wont let you watch them. I forgot about that and purchased one. So now because im rooted I can't watch it.

google video app is out that works on rooted phones

cory46
11-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Ahh, what I meant is, I can't uninstall updates, because the updated version came with the ROM. I simply just have to find it in Titanium Backup and remove/freeze it, and then using the apk of the previous version and install it? Do you know the version of the older apk so that I can find a download link? Thanks.

here is how you do it (edit smali) if I have time I'll do a newer version and post it. I DID NOT DO THIS MOD JUS KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT
http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=16930.0

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities