PDA

View Full Version : USB Charge Only on SSX

TwinkleFingers
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
When I connect my DX to my PC with the USB cable, through both Froyo and rooted GB, I would get a notification that let me change the USB connection mode, but that doesn't appear in SSX. I went through all the CyanogenMod settings and ChevyNo1 Tools and haven't found a way to turn that back on.

I need it to be on Charge Only to be able to sync my contacts/calendar to Outlook via DejaOffice (which also worked fine on Froyo and GB). When I try a sync, it tells me I need to select Charge Only, but I don't see any place to do that. (And normally I would use wi-fi syncing, but I'm away from home for the summer, and the wi-fi here isn't working for me - I keep getting an Invalid IP address error)

Anyway, is there a way to get to the USB connection type to set it on Charge Only?

Shaun
07-11-2011, 08:20 PM
When I connect my DX to my PC with the USB cable, through both Froyo and rooted GB, I would get a notification that let me change the USB connection mode, but that doesn't appear in SSX. I went through all the CyanogenMod settings and ChevyNo1 Tools and haven't found a way to turn that back on.

I need it to be on Charge Only to be able to sync my contacts/calendar to Outlook via DejaOffice (which also worked fine on Froyo and GB). When I try a sync, it tells me I need to select Charge Only, but I don't see any place to do that. (And normally I would use wi-fi syncing, but I'm away from home for the summer, and the wi-fi here isn't working for me - I keep getting an Invalid IP address error)

Anyway, is there a way to get to the USB connection type to set it on Charge Only?

Yes, when you connect your usb cable, you should see two usb connection notifications in the status bar.. If you select on the one that says "USB connection" it will allow you to manually select your connection.. You could also turn off the "usb storage" too..

TwinkleFingers
07-11-2011, 09:19 PM
I got those notifications on Froyo and stock GB but nothing on SSX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

C Dippa
07-11-2011, 09:22 PM
When you first plug it in, it won't recognize it, but if you unplug and replug it in, it should pop up with two notifications, as mentioned.

TwinkleFingers
07-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Ok, I got the notification to come up. Syncing still doesn't work, and it might be some way that DejaOffice isn't compatible with SSX (which would be a shame, since I really like SSX, but I REALLY don't want to switch to using Google to sync/handle my contacts and calendar. (Tried it before, and it doesn't work for me)

Here's what I found, though, with the USB connection. I tried turning on USB Mass Storage mode, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. When I cick on "Turn on USB storage", I just get the "waiting" animation. In fact, no matter what mode I try, I can't get my DX to show up properly on my PC. And yes, this is using the USB cable that came with the DX. I've also tried turning USB Debugging off and on - no luck. (In fact, the notification still shows it's on, even when the check box shows it's off.)

Has anyone else had USB problems with SSX?

Shaun
07-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Ok, I got the notification to come up. Syncing still doesn't work, and it might be some way that DejaOffice isn't compatible with SSX (which would be a shame, since I really like SSX, but I REALLY don't want to switch to using Google to sync/handle my contacts and calendar. (Tried it before, and it doesn't work for me)

Here's what I found, though, with the USB connection. I tried turning on USB Mass Storage mode, and no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. When I cick on "Turn on USB storage", I just get the "waiting" animation. In fact, no matter what mode I try, I can't get my DX to show up properly on my PC. And yes, this is using the USB cable that came with the DX. I've also tried turning USB Debugging off and on - no luck. (In fact, the notification still shows it's on, even when the check box shows it's off.)

Has anyone else had USB problems with SSX?

I had this same problem, and what I found was is that Droid X Forums App was not compatible with SSX for whatever reason.. Once I uninstalled the DXF app, everything worked fine.. Not sure if you have that app installed or not, but if so uninstall it and see if it works, but if not then it is probably a different app you will have to uninstall.. try uninstalling recent apps first before wiping or switching roms.. I just sacrifice the app and use the internet browser for this website..

HarleyDude
07-12-2011, 07:35 AM
There was one other person who had problems, I think, but SSX and USB do seem to work together. Make sure it's toggled on in both notifications, then you can try going thru the steps here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/31562-fixing-your-unique-ssx-issue.html

Shaun
07-12-2011, 07:50 AM
There was one other person who had problems, I think, but SSX and USB do seem to work together. Make sure it's toggled on in both notifications, then you can try going thru the steps here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/31562-fixing-your-unique-ssx-issue.html

I had the problem last time but figured it out, after uninstalling dxf app everything worked fine