PDA

View Full Version : Transparent Status Bar

Chew DZ
07-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Can someone walk me through the whole process of making my notification bar transparent?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Chew DZ
07-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Smh I'm lost

Snow02
07-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Hah. Is it not as simple as replacing the stock image with a transparent one?

Chew DZ
07-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Well I wanted to try the naked simplicity theme and it says it requires a patch for the transparent status bar . But for some reason the link to the patch is broken. Would replacing the image with a transparent one still work after applying the theme?

Snow02
07-10-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't know. I guess if the status bar supports transparency in images by default it shouldn't be an issue. I've never tried it. Surely there's a how-to somewhere.

sportsterBK8
07-10-2011, 09:47 AM
If you're trying to GET a transparent status bar, there are several threads that have patches, however, as of right now the site that they link to is down for some reason, so you'll either have to try my patch made for Nightly 8, (which hasn't been tested on the newer nightlies), or you'll have to MAKE your own patch by following step 6.2 from THIS link
xda-developers - View Single Post - [TUTORIAL] Where to find the colors for making a theme (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9978779&postcount=62%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cbr%20/%3Et)
I used that technique to make my transparent status bar systemui.apk for CM4DX nightly 8, so it DOES work.

Let me know if you need more help than this.

psykotikz
07-10-2011, 02:48 PM
If you're trying to GET a transparent status bar, there are several threads that have patches, however, as of right now the site that they link to is down for some reason, so you'll either have to try my patch made for Nightly 8, (which hasn't been tested on the newer nightlies), or you'll have to MAKE your own patch by following step 6.2 from THIS link
xda-developers - View Single Post - [TUTORIAL] Where to find the colors for making a theme (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9978779&postcount=62<br /><br /><br />t)
I used that technique to make my transparent status bar systemui.apk for CM4DX nightly 8, so it DOES work.

yeah dude i would also love a more in depth walk through with this transparency bar. i am completely lost. i downloaded adbmanager and apktool.jar to my windows 7 computer but now i'm lost. a tutorial would be very much appreciated!!

Chew DZ
07-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I just tried the Tutorial for making a patch and the whole process was just weird for me and some steps didnt work out for me; Long story short, i ended up not having a status bar to begin with in the end. But, I will try your patch sportsterBK8.

Chew DZ
07-10-2011, 05:23 PM
xda-developers - View Single Post - [TUTORIAL] Where to find the colors for making a theme (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9978779&postcount=62%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cbr%20/%3Et)

One question. It wanted me to edit the statusbar.smali or whatever. I tried to open it but my computer can't open it because there is no software on my computer to open it. How do you go about editing it?

cory46
07-10-2011, 05:24 PM
You have to decompile the SystemUI.apk then you can open the classes.dex file

sportsterBK8
07-10-2011, 11:15 PM
yeah dude i would also love a more in depth walk through with this transparency bar. i am completely lost. i downloaded adbmanager and apktool.jar to my windows 7 computer but now i'm lost. a tutorial would be very much appreciated!!

I seem to be getting a lot of people asking how to do this, so I might try to make a VIDEO with step by step tomorrow, with voice instructions. I just have to study up for my diffeq test that's in the morning, then I'll attempt to find a video screenshot program to show you guys how to do this.

Chew DZ
07-11-2011, 04:58 AM
I seem to be getting a lot of people asking how to do this, so I might try to make a VIDEO with step by step tomorrow, with voice instructions. I just have to study up for my diffeq test that's in the morning, then I'll attempt to find a video screenshot program to show you guys how to do this.

That would be great.

sportsterBK8
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM
That would be great.

First I have to find a DECENT video screencap program, anyone know of any?

Snow02
07-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Yep. Shootme works. I'll edit in a link to the hacked version that enables higher frame rates.

Shootmehigher.apk (http://db.tt/2aO3tu8)

sportsterBK8
07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Yep. Shootme works. I'll edit in a link to the hacked version that enables higher frame rates.

Shootmehigher.apk (http://db.tt/2aO3tu8)

Thank you so much, that should take care of the Android side of the mod, I'll find a PC video screencap freeware to do the PC side, then I'll try to shoot the video tomorrow or wed.