PDA

View Full Version : 1% Battery FIX for SSX - Workaround for use on SSX

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
The cm4dx 1% battery fix is fine for cm7, not for SSX.
It will break your ChevyNo1 tools

Update:
To make use of the 1% solution

1. Copy your build prop from /system to sd card
2. Add the following, without quotes, to the build prop you pulled:
"ro.product.use_charge_counter=1"
3. Flash Razorloves 1% solution
4. Copy the sd card build prop and paste to overwrite /system/build.prop with it
5. Reboot and you have the 1% solution and chevyno1 tools

Update 2: To get the 1% (not 5) solution in your status bar (thanks kc5tdr)
Go to Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Interface>Status bar tweaks>check battery percentage
This gives 1% increments in the status bar

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 07:17 PM
It didn't show as 1% on mine, I've already restored a backup... maybe Chevy will get a hold of it and fix it so it'll work on ssx without losing tools and n about phone it showing as CM7 and not SSX

Some smooth running Steel Blue CM7

3rotorRX8
07-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Grate, how do I fix this ??

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Reflash an earlier nandroid

3rotorRX8
07-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Figures LOL, Ty HD

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Droid X Forums

Money Mike
07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah it also broke some things with my theme. Restored and waiting for a fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Yup had to nandroid.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I know, it sounded good. Hey, don't feel bad, your just reflashing a nandroid, for other reasons (testing) I need to SBF (yet again) and reinstall SSX, then I get to restore my nandroid

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 07:42 PM
I changed the values myself and it all works on SSX. Chevytools and about phone doesn't say CM7

From my Simply Stunning X

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Razorloves built it with a cm7 build prop file. I cross-posted over at alldroid and asked Chevy to take a look. In the meantime, if you have a current backup of build prop, you may not need to flash a nandroid

part of this fix i made replaces the build.prop file that is only meant for cm4dx. This file dictates a lot of settings and identifies to the phone what rom you're using. I looked at both build.props from both roms and they looked very similar, but still a few differences. You should just give the info to Chevy so that he can properly implement it into his rom. Or...You could also just manually edit the ssx roms build.prop file to add ro.product.use_charge_counter=1 and then take the libandroid_servers.so file out of my fix and put it in your phone. that might make it work properly.

BHuber09
07-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I just flashed this! I had no backup eitherrrrrrr dang that sucksss

FreeMyMoto!!!

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I know, it sounded good. Hey, don't feel bad, your just reflashing a nandroid, for other reasons (testing) I need to SBF (yet again) and reinstall SSX, then I get to restore my nandroid

Yea thank God I remembered to make a nandroid this time. I always seem to forget to back up and end up having to sbf. I've gotten alot of practice this way.....lol

smalltowngirl13
07-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, I guess I'll try it before recommending it to anyone else LOL, I'll let you know

So HD, were you making a file for ssx or leaving that for Chevy to do... LOL

~~ sent from my x~~

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 09:48 PM
So HD, were you making a file for ssx or leaving that for Chevy to do... LOL

~~ sent from my x~~

Chevy said he was gonna do it. I cross posted the workaround to the forums, it seems to be working fine on mine, I got 1% and chevyno1 tools.
4. Copy the sd card build prop and paste to overwrite /system/build.prop with it

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Mine will only read as 5% instead of 1%,, I'm on just stock SSX, anybody know why?

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I just tried the instructions HD posted but I am stil ony able to get 5% increments....any ideas??? I am also on stock SSX like Tidefan.

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Ohh I didn't realize u done edited the files, ok I'm in the same boat as u. I got it working where tools didn't get screwed and about phone says SSX not CM7 like b4.. I just don't get why some people are getting 1% and others 5%

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 10:25 PM
where in your build prop file did you put this line?
ro.product.use_charge_counter=1

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Same spot as his zip had it

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Same here everything is back to normal in Chevy tools and on about phone just no 1% only 5%.

Ohh I didn't realize u done edited the files, ok I'm in the same boat as u. I got it working where tools didn't get screwed and about phone says SSX not CM7 like b4.. I just don't get why some people are getting 1% and others 5%

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 10:33 PM
OK, I do get the 1%, and I am on stock SSX, so what did I do differently. Here's a section of my build prop. Note, I added the line to the section with similar commands, bolded below

ro.product.board=shadow
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Motorola
ro.product.locale.language=hdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap3

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Ok ill try it. Brb

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 10:37 PM
where in your build prop file did you put this line?

Where did you put it????? lol :P

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 10:37 PM
and reboot...

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
That is the same place i put it but still only get 5%.?????? STRANGE!!!

OK, I do get the 1%, and I am on stock SSX, so what did I do differently. Here's a section of my build prop. Note, I added the line to the section with similar commands, bolded below

ro.product.board=shadow
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap3

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Uggh still 5% that's weird how its working for some and not for others,, there's gonna be something causing it

fc127
07-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Harley, are you using a theme? It sounds like the other guys are on stock... Maybe that's the culprit?

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 10:53 PM
My next best guess would be some app or setting. If you have nandroids of SSX, make a new current nandroid now. Flash the original build nandroid (or as close as new SSX that you have, then grab build prop, flash 1%, edit and replace build prop, reboot, see if you got 1 %, then start adding apps back in 5 to 10 at a a time

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Harley, are you using a theme? It sounds like the other guys are on stock... Maybe that's the culprit?

We are all stock, and STG had 1% and she has a theme, so it seems to work on themed or not

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey I got the 1% increments while I am charging but on my lock screen or while in a dock but still not on status bar.......

I also just added the battery widget to my home screen and I have 1% on there as well but still not in status bar.

Money Mike
07-10-2011, 12:41 AM
The cm4dx 1% battery fix is fine for cm7, not for SSX.
It will break your ChevyNo1 tools

Update:
To make use of the 1% solution

Where do I add that to the build prop or does it matter?

Scrapy McSlappy
07-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Where do I add that to the build prop or does it matter?

This is where HarleyDude put his and got the 1% increments to work.

ro.product.board=shadow
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap3

cleopete
07-10-2011, 01:00 AM
As usual I decided to wing it with the fix without reading directions twice or subsequent posts. My phone was rebooting from the patch while I read how screwed I was...but not really, as I have a gazillion different build.props on my phone from trying (unsuccessfully) to get Hulu Plus to recognize my device. It's cool now, but I get 5% as well. Can any of the other 5%-ers run Hulu Plus? Seems like an unlikely connection, but I got nothing else.

HarleyDude
07-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Hey I got the 1% increments while I am charging but on my lock screen or while in a dock but still not on status bar.......

I also just added the battery widget to my home screen and I have 1% on there as well but still not in status bar.

BINGO
I'm old, so I don't see as well as you young guys and have not been looking at my status bar. When I wake the lockscreen, I have my 1% solution showing. My batt widgets will show 1%. I just pulled out the magnifier and the status bar is 5%, so I'm showing 73% everywhere but the little status bar icon is at 75

Money Mike
07-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I've got it working now on ssx. Everything is showing 1% increments including my status bar.

kradebaugh
07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
I've got it working now on ssx. Everything is showing 1% increments including my status bar.

Does you're ChevoNo1 tools work? If so how did you do it?

Money Mike
07-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Does you're ChevoNo1 tools work? If so how did you do it?

Yes I followed harley's instructions with the build.prop. Worked great.

cleopete
07-10-2011, 01:05 PM
BINGO
I'm old, so I don't see as well as you young guys and have not been looking at my status bar. When I wake the lockscreen, I have my 1% solution showing. My batt widgets will show 1%. I just pulled out the magnifier and the status bar is 5%, so I'm showing 73% everywhere but the little status bar icon is at 75

Same here, including the being old part.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Now I did find out how to get the status bar to show the 1%. you have to go into cynogen mod tools thing under chevy tools in settings. Go to status bar and click on show percent. I do nt like it though as it takes the battery icon away and replaces it with numbers and a really small battery.

P.S. I wish I was young. Im 36 but feel like Im 136......lol Working nights makes you age faster.....

kradebaugh
07-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes I followed harley's instructions with the build.prop. Worked great.

Everyone here is saying they've only been able to get 5% increments I thought? (correct me if I'm wrong) how did you get 1%?

Vidfinnx
07-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Didn't work for me followed instructions to the t and I only get 10 percent increments

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

dennyjones
07-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm in the same boat. I tried it twice, and restored a nandroid in between each time. Obviously we're missing something.

HarleyDude
07-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Now I did find out how to get the status bar to show the 1%. you have to go into cynogen mod tools thing under chevy tools in settings. Go to status bar and click on show percent. I do nt like it though as it takes the battery icon away and replaces it with numbers and a really small battery.

P.S. I wish I was young. Im 36 but feel like Im 136......lol Working nights makes you age faster.....

Good job KC, I've updated the original post, and I've got 1% increments in the status bar that I can actually see... BTW, it's under cm7 tools, not chevy 1 tools, full path here
CyanogenMod Settings>Interface>Status bar tweaks>check battery percentage

Money Mike
07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Good job KC, I've updated the original post, and I've got 1% increments in the status bar that I can actually see... BTW, it's under cm7 tools, not chevy 1 tools, full path here

Well I guess that's why it was working for me. I enabled the battery percentage right before I flashed the update.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-10-2011, 06:45 PM

I didnt have my phone in front of me so i was guessing were i found it......lol

HarleyDude
07-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Didn't work for me followed instructions to the t and I only get 10 percent increments

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

I'm in the same boat. I tried it twice, and restored a nandroid in between each time. Obviously we're missing something.

Sorry guys, I haven't a clue. I'm guessing you've tried flashing several times. If one of you has a very early SSX nandroid, like right after you installed SSX, make a current nandroid and flash back to the original one and see if that fixes it, maybe it's something else you have installed. At least it will be easy to get back where you are now. Is it worth SBFing and starting over, I don't know. But the 1% solution does work on a functioning SSX setup

Vidfinnx
07-10-2011, 07:32 PM
So I have to change the battery percent under the settings? Did you Harley dude

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

HarleyDude
07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, and I'm seeing 1% increments in the status bar

cleopete
07-10-2011, 09:12 PM

That's the ticket. Though I have no battery icon at all, probably because of the theme I'm using. To do the icons properly will most likely require 100 new png files and I for one am not that hard-working.

I also discovered by accident that CyanogenMod Settings --> Input causes a crash. I can't remember the last time I tried opening it so no telling how long that's been going on. The other entries all open.

I remember 36, they used to tell me, "You still have your whole life ahead of you, the best is yet to come!" It's a filthy, filthy lie. That's why the night shift is best, there's fewer witnesses to your inevitable decline.

HarleyDude
07-10-2011, 09:15 PM
That's the ticket. Though I have no battery icon at all, probably because of the theme I'm using. To do the icons properly will most likely require 100 new png files and I for one am not that hard-working.

I also discovered by accident that CyanogenMod Settings --> Input causes a crash. I can't remember the last time I tried opening it so no telling how long that's been going on. The other entries all open.

I remember 36, they used to tell me, "You still have your whole life ahead of you, the best is yet to come!" It's a filthy, filthy lie. That's why the night shift is best, there's fewer witnesses to your inevitable decline.

I have no problems with CyanogenMod Settings --> Input, that's where I set my search key short- and long-press functions

Scrapy McSlappy
07-10-2011, 09:28 PM

Lmao..

tmar23
07-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I initially was not able to get the 1% fix to work, like others. I went back to the original thread and realized I downloaded the wrong file fix. I needed the 'old1percent' file. I reflashed that and followed the instructions on the first post, and now it works! Just thought I would post this in case others did what I did. Ymmv.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-12-2011, 03:58 PM
THanks for the info. I am going to try that also.

Nope it did not work for me and I think I know why. I opened framework_res and looked in the drawable hdpi forlder. There are no 1% increment .png's for the battery. I have started to make some but when I am finished I will need help putting it back into the framework_res folder and the back onto my phone. I will post when I am done and someone can instruct me on how to put it back on or put into a flashable zip. I will the post it here for everyone. I am up to number 51 so I should be done later on tonight.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok I have all the .png's completed. I just need someone to walk me through making a flashable zip, or an easy way to get these files back into the framework_res.apk and then back onto my phone. The .png's are here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87K9EUF6). DO NOT......I repeat DO NOT download this and try to flash it to your phone. These are just the .png's saved in a .zip so someone can use this to make it flashable for us all to use. It is in no way finished as I do not know how to make it flashable.

fersayken2
07-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Is there something I can change in build prop to get Chevy tools working again? 1% is working in status bar but chevytools is broken.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-13-2011, 12:52 AM
the one percent is working in status bar with the battery icon or text? you need the build prop that comes with the SSX update. You need to add this line to the original build prop:

Here (http://www.multiupload.com/UPGG6A9R6L) is the original build.prop with the line already added.

TideFan22
07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Good I hope someone makes a flashable.zip, cause I don't care for the white percent with little batt icon

fersayken2
07-13-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm confused. I did what harleydude said to do with build.prop. I check battery percentage in cm settings and 1% working.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Yea it does work but it changes the status bar battery icon into big numbers and little battery icon. We are trying to get it to use the regular battery icon.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Good I hope someone makes a flashable.zip, cause I don't care for the white percent with little batt icon

Same here Tide. Ive been trying to figure out how to do it all day with no avail.

fersayken2
07-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Mychevy tools gives rom error

fersayken2
07-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Kc....don't know what I did wrong initially but copied your build.prop over and voila!! Thanks!

Scrapy McSlappy
07-13-2011, 03:18 AM
no prob. glad I could help.

ChevyNo1
07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Same here Tide. Ive been trying to figure out how to do it all day with no avail.

I'm on it!

ChevyNo1
07-13-2011, 10:05 AM
OK - this won't be a 'patch' - will have to wait for the next full build. Reason is, I had already had 5% increments built into the framework - but to add the 1% requires framework to be rebuilt, hence the entire ROM ... obviously viewing % via CM works - but to show the new pngs, requires a rebuild

ChevyNo1
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
:big smile:

smalltowngirl13
07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
OK - this won't be a 'patch' - will have to wait for the next full build. Reason is, I had already had 5% increments built into the framework - but to add the 1% requires framework to be rebuilt, hence the entire ROM ... obviously viewing % via CM works - but to show the new pngs, requires a rebuild

Any hint, when the next release might be...:)

~~ sent from my x~~

ChevyNo1
07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Well - it is built now, but I will have a few more additions. Also - I have to get out a TB + D1 + D2 build before I release another DX ;) But I feel I'm close to releasing those as well ...

HarleyDude
07-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Well - it is built now, but I will have a few more additions. Also - I have to get out a TB + D1 + D2 build before I release another DX ;) But I feel I'm close to releasing those as well ...

cool. thanks for the update Chevy, looking forward to the new build

LiveToPonder
07-13-2011, 11:13 AM
:big smile:

You will all laugh, but that is the most compelling SSX photo I have seen yet :-) STG knows what im saying, i love that launcher, the blue and all the icons. Delightfully minimalistic, on a phone I'm certain is running like a beast. I believe I will wait out the new release, and then join the party on SSX.

smalltowngirl13
07-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks Chevy...

That's a good plan LTP...

~~ sent from my x~~

ChevyNo1
07-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Ok I have all the .png's completed. I just need someone to walk me through making a flashable zip, or an easy way to get these files back into the framework_res.apk and then back onto my phone. The .png's are here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87K9EUF6). DO NOT......I repeat DO NOT download this and try to flash it to your phone. These are just the .png's saved in a .zip so someone can use this to make it flashable for us all to use. It is in no way finished as I do not know how to make it flashable.

Since you did such a kickass job on these ones - could I beg you to create new ones for the stock green also? If so - I would much appreciate it. Get a copy of the existing ones here: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/gingerbread/battery.zip

Scrapy McSlappy
07-13-2011, 02:28 PM
No prob Chevy. I will get on it tomorrow on my day off.

Scrapy McSlappy
07-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Done and emailed........

leffer00
07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Ugh, I hate to finally ask. I've been looking around for "Razorloves 1% solution" on the forums so I can flash it and try this but I can't find it!
So can someone link me please?

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

HarleyDude
07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Ugh, I hate to finally ask. I've been looking around for "Razorloves 1% solution" on the forums so I can flash it and try this but I can't find it!
So can someone link me please?

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

1% Battery Fix (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/cyanogenmod/31837-1-battery.html)
1% Battery Increment Fix for CM4DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1263-1-Battery-Increment-Fix-for-CM4DX)

leffer00
07-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks HD. I hated asking but the search feature in this Droid x forums app doesn't seem to find anything.

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

HarleyDude
07-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Happy to help.
Shameless DXF Plug! - Anybody can ask whatever they want, just make sure to follow the "Guidelines of Conduct" (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/13625-guidelines-conduct-droidxforums-com.html) when you do