Yes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Kewl thanx

From my Simply Stunning X

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I just flashed it on SSX and it seems to be working fine.

UPDATE: SSX seems to only allow 5% increments. Not as good as 1%, but still better than 10%.

Someone on this (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1263-1-Battery-Increment-Fix-for-CM4DX) site stated that it was the theme he was useing that was only allowing 5% increments.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Awesomeness :D

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

smalltowngirl13
07-09-2011, 06:41 PM
My ssx is doing 1%...

~~ sent from my x~~

Money Mike
07-09-2011, 06:43 PM
I just flashed it on SSX and it seems to be working fine.

UPDATE: SSX seems to only allow 5% increments. Not as good as 1%, but still better than 10%.

Someone on this (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1263-1-Battery-Increment-Fix-for-CM4DX) site stated that it was the theme he was useing that was only allowing 5% increments.

I'm on ssx and it's showing 1% increments. I'm also on the stock ssx theme though.

smalltowngirl13
07-09-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm on ssx and it's showing 1% increments. I'm also on the stock ssx theme though.

Mine is Rover Blue...

~~ sent from my x~~

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Not a big deal but in about phone its thinking I'm on CM7.
Edit: mines only showing in 5% increments.. Stock SSX

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 06:54 PM
now when i try to go ino chevyno1 tools i get the error:"only for use on Simply Stunning Roms". I guess i am going to nandroid back to before i applied the fix.

smalltowngirl13
07-09-2011, 07:09 PM
now when i try to go ino chevyno1 tools i get the error:"only for use on Simply Stunning Roms". I guess i am going to nandroid back to before i applied the fix.

Same issue here...

~~ sent from my x~~

razorloves
07-09-2011, 07:16 PM
part of this fix i made replaces the build.prop file that is only meant for cm4dx. This file dictates a lot of settings and identifies to the phone what rom you're using. I looked at both build.props from both roms and they looked very similar, but still a few differences. You should just give the info to Chevy so that he can properly implement it into his rom. Or...You could also just manually edit the ssx roms build.prop file to add ro.product.use_charge_counter=1 and then take the libandroid_servers.so file out of my fix and put it in your phone. that might make it work properly.

arefx
07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Flashed it no problems on rc0, thanks I've been waiting for this!

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 07:43 PM
I changed the values myself and everything works on SSX. Chevytools and about phone doesn't say CM7

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I can't get pics to show clearly

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 07:55 PM
part of this fix i made replaces the build.prop file that is only meant for cm4dx. This file dictates a lot of settings and identifies to the phone what rom you're using. I looked at both build.props from both roms and they looked very similar, but still a few differences. You should just give the info to Chevy so that he can properly implement it into his rom. Or...You could also just manually edit the ssx roms build.prop file to add ro.product.use_charge_counter=1 and then take the libandroid_servers.so file out of my fix and put it in your phone. that might make it work properly.

Thanks Razor. I just cross posted the warning to the SSX thread at alldroid and asked Chevy to take a look

I'm thinking maybe grab the current build prop, make the edit, flash your fix, then overwrite your flashed build prop with the one just pulled and edited

razorloves
07-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Razor. I just cross posted the warning to the SSX thread at alldroid and asked Chevy to take a look

I'm thinking maybe grab the current build prop, make the edit, flash your fix, then overwrite your flashed build prop with the one just pulled and edited
you'er welcome man. glad everyone is enjoying it.

yea, that should work

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 08:33 PM

yea, that should work

Well, I guess I'll try it before recommending it to anyone else LOL, I'll let you know

cynkrzy
07-09-2011, 09:02 PM

yea, that should work

Razor so impressive, think YOU should tackle the battery consumption issues !? :tongue:

razorloves
07-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Razor so impressive, think YOU should tackle the battery consumption issues !? :tongue:
i just might do that. :) i suspect it's something beyond my expertise, though. might have to wait for cvpcs to come to the rescue.
workin on dsp manager crashing bug now.

HarleyDude
07-09-2011, 10:48 PM
OK guys, moving the SSX related posts and let's continue this SSX battery discussion over in SSX forum.

TideFan22
07-09-2011, 11:05 PM
OK guys, moving the SSX related posts and let's continue this SSX battery discussion over in SSX forum.

Where's that at?

Scrapy McSlappy
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Where's that at?

Here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/31840-1-battery-fix-ssx-workaround-use-ssx.html

Chew DZ
07-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Will it work with ROMs on GB?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

TideFan22
07-10-2011, 03:20 AM
I doubt it

razorloves
07-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Nightly 25 has incorporated part of the fix for the 1% battery increments. All that is needed now is the build.prop edit. Just wanted to let everyone know.
If you want to make the edit to the build.prop file yourself, just add ro.product.use_charge_counter=1 and then reboot and you'll have 1%.
If you want the easy flashable zip that does it for you, you can get it here 1% Battery Increment Fix for CM4DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1263-1-Battery-Increment-Fix-for-CM4DX)

razorloves
07-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I just realized a minor issue with something.

The build.prop file that i used in the 1% battery fix shows that the rom build date was July 9th. So, the Rom Manager will falsely indicate that a rom update is available. You have a couple options here. You can just turn off the notifications in Rom Manager settings. I mean, the nightlies come out every night around 2:30 am central time, so i dont see the point in the notification. lol. thats just me though.
The other option is to make the build.prop edit yourself, and not use my zip, so that you keep the one with the right build date.

zoe
07-10-2011, 03:44 PM
thanks for that info and the fix as well...

don't see the point of a notification for a nightlie as well, I mean every day the sun goes away and eventually it comes back up, right?

waiting on mikeinrichmond to suggest a better signature

jgraham4598
07-10-2011, 07:07 PM

The build.prop file that i used in the 1% battery fix shows that the rom build date was July 9th. So, the Rom Manager will falsely indicate that a rom update is available. You have a couple options here. You can just turn off the notifications in Rom Manager settings. I mean, the nightlies come out every night around 2:30 am central time, so i dont see the point in the notification. lol. thats just me though.
The other option is to make the build.prop edit yourself, and not use my zip, so that you keep the one with the right build date.

Just noticed this a second ago also. Figured I was ok. Thanks for clarifying. Thanks for all your hard work also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

wrightperspective
07-10-2011, 08:00 PM

I noticed that this morning and was wondering why it kept reverting back to the previous nightly. But it's not reverting back, right? It just says that? Will this get fixed or is it going to stay this way until they incorporate it into a nightly? Thanks.

cleopete
07-10-2011, 09:38 PM
don't see the point of a notification for a nightlie as well, I mean every day the sun goes away and eventually it comes back up, right?

So far...

mjb5041
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM
lost chevytools when i flashed the batteryfix.zip and when i go to about phone it doesnt say ssx 2.0 anymore