PDA

View Full Version : Droid X network issues.

DroidXrookie
07-06-2011, 02:39 AM
I updated to gingerbread two days ago. I have since had complications with my network. My browser does not work at all and fails to load any and every page. The market pops up with "A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen." and has the retry and cancel options. Retrying does nothing and that pop up comes back almost instantaneously. I have tried a factory reset to no avail. I have tried turning on wifi, and going in to the data manager. I have also tried "training" my phone, then I figured out that my browser was not working either. I can make phone calls fine, and SMS works fine. I also can recieve and send emails. I have look all over and havent found anything to solve the problem. Help ):

Nemo aeternamn
07-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Did you use a perish to back up your apps then just restore all of them?
When I switched to cm4dx... I backed up my apps and restored them on and had the same problem... reflashed and was more careful about what and how I restored them and no problem afterwards

DroidXrookie
07-06-2011, 03:08 AM
Havent tried restoring apps, only backup used was the backup assisant. I entered the pin and it all came back fine, im just having problems accessing the market and using the browser.

DroidXrookie
07-06-2011, 03:48 AM
After turning, and leaving off wi-fi I noticed it started working again. VERY disappointed in such a simple, yet stupid fix. I'm some what shocked on how I missed it, yet can't understand WHY this occurs... Not to mention the countless amount of time wasted and all of the information, data, apps, etc. that wasnt backed up? Im definately calling verizon tomorrow to give them a nice complaint.

dschwartz0815
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Try calling *228 and do option 1 then again with option 2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums