PDA

View Full Version : Failed Install of Official GB

MightyP
07-06-2011, 12:42 AM
Let me start off by saying I'm a NOOB. And though I have little knowledge, I am willing and eager to learn. I've read through the forums, though I haven't read every page of each topic, and run numerous searches, but didn't find an answer. If I missed something obvious, I apologize.

That said I have Froyo .340 (rooted), installed Droid 2 Bootstrap and put both zip files on my SD card per the instructions here (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-help/26668-guide-froyo-gingerbread.html). When I go into bootstrap and run the file, I get through the introduction "TEAM BLACK HAT" etc. It says:

Installing Part I of II

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk",

and goes on from there with lots of letters and numbers and then

E:Error in /sdcard/downloads/Blur_Version

and so forth before saying

Installation aborted.

I tried 3 times, tried installing Part II first (that was a disaster, but thankfully I can follow instructions and was able to flash an sbf file and recover my phone), tried downloading Part I from a different mirror site and running that one and nothing works.

Help? :confused:

Droid-Xer
07-06-2011, 03:26 AM
You're getting corrupt downloads probably. I would download to a PC and then transfer the zipped files to your phones SD.

dschwartz0815
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Doesn't that fail mean he was rooted and had bloat removed or it needs that file to continue...?
I would SBF to stock and try again....that way its EXACTLY how it was out of the box....then root with z4root and get bootstrapper and flash away

MightyP
07-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I downloaded the files to my pc and dropped them on my SD card from there. I do have bloatware removed, so I'll try going back to stock with root and give it a try.

I'm away from my computer for about a week now, but I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks foe the help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

dschwartz0815
07-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok yeah no I am very confident you must sbf to regain bloat to update

MightyP
07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
You think I could just install the bloat from the market? I have some time, but no computer atm.

If I remember correctly, I'm missing:
- Blockbuster
- Madden Football
- Need for Speed
- Amazon
- Mobile Hotspot

Any other popular apps to delete?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Droid X Forums (hehe... kidding)

dschwartz0815
07-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Those are verizon only apps so of what I know they r not in the market

Wicholas
07-08-2011, 03:16 AM
honestly the easiest way will just be to sbf it. back up everything you have to have on your sd card then look at this. its stupid easy

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.htm (Huge ups to 1KDS for that)

then use z4root to gain access. it can't be found in the market, here's a link to the apk

[APP] z4root - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953) (btw don't do a temp root, do a permanent. if you have any doubts sbf-ing will return you to stock)

Then after that grab the droid 2 bootstrapper and ROM Manager! :)

MightyP
07-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Good advice all. I flashed back to stock Froyo, re-rooted (leaving the bloatware in place) and upgraded to Gingerbread. Super easy once I got back to my computer and GB is working great. Thanks for the help.