PDA

View Full Version : Very Frustrated..... Nothin new

JoJoLanny
07-05-2011, 03:57 AM
This is the third time I have had to SBF back to stock from the TBH .596 Deodexed GB. I have tried to flash from TBH GB to Liberty GB and it's not working. So here are a few questions.......

1. Is it possible to go from the official OTA update to the Liberty GB? If so, how?

2. What is the difference between pre rooted, rooted, and unrooted GB? Don't you have to be rooted to flash to GB from Froyo?

3. How do I know if I am pre rooted, rooted or unrooted when I run my GB? Is that why I can't go from TBH to Liberty?

4. Can some one please tell me where the actual download is for SSX 2.0 for GB? Been looking on the thread....no where to be found.

Droid-Xer
07-05-2011, 05:21 AM
1. No2. You have o go from rooted froyo to rooted gb via 2 zip update3. If you follow 2 part zip update ten you're rooted4. You must be on stock froyo to go to ssx

dschwartz0815
07-05-2011, 07:02 AM
No1. No inorder to do that you need root. OTA is not able to root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

dschwartz0815
07-05-2011, 07:04 AM
You would.be rooted or prerooted if you had the super user app. And could run apps like titanium backup

dschwartz0815
07-05-2011, 07:07 AM
SSX ina personal opinion isn't all that great and the fact that he is pushing out patches to fix the many bugs in this rom is kinda lazy. Other roms the creators push out whole new roms to have at. Not to mention some say its very stable while other get rid of it in seconds. So idk but I wouldn't waste your time until a very stable and complete rom is uploaded

Shaun
07-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I would add that there is no reason to do the TBH deodex on your phone if you just want to go to LibertyGB. Just do the two part preroot like mentioned before and flash LibertyGB rom. That's what I did and it worked flawlessly. After downloading the rom you want, then you can theme within that rom.

Bkdodger
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
SSX ina personal opinion isn't all that great and the fact that he is pushing out patches to fix the many bugs in this rom is kinda lazy. Other roms the creators push out whole new roms to have at. Not to mention some say its very stable while other get rid of it in seconds. So idk but I wouldn't waste your time until a very stable and complete rom is uploaded

This is why I love this forum. .it's great everyone has different opinions. I will say my experience is SSX is definitely worth the look as it's plenty smooth ..it's still in beta so I think for the job Chevy has done with it I wouldn't call it being lazy. ..patches are needed when a final product has not been reached...in the end it's all about personal preference and what you need on a daily basis. .there are many great roms to choose so have fun and try them all...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

dschwartz0815
07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
This is why I love this forum. .it's great everyone has different opinions. I will say my experience is SSX is definitely worth the look as it's plenty smooth ..it's still in beta so I think for the job Chevy has done with it I wouldn't call it being lazy. ..patches are needed when a final product has not been reached...in the end it's all about personal preference and what you need on a daily basis. .there are many great roms to choose so have fun and try them all...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

All I meant by that was most roms when a bug is found or a new fix is added and whole new rom version is pushed out. I don't like patches, they are easily lost in these forums and you can never be sure of what you downloading. Unlike a rom it is very clear at its point and not to mention when a new rom is released there is a changelig, which I prefer, unlike just some files labeled patch laying around in a thread

Bkdodger
07-05-2011, 08:39 AM
All I meant by that was most roms when a bug is found or a new fix is added and whole new rom version is pushed out. I don't like patches, they are easily lost in these forums and you can never be sure of what you downloading. Unlike a rom it is very clear at its point and not to mention when a new rom is released there is a changelig, which I prefer, unlike just some files labeled patch laying around in a thread

Gotcha buddy...I'm sure we will get an update sometime soon but I hear ya on finding the links on stuff..I normally save the patch in case I need to share or use again...what rom are you currently running?

Edit: apologies to OP didn't mean to take away from topic

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

dschwartz0815
07-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Apex RC2
OC'd 1.3Ghz
Launcher Pro

Bkdodger
07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Apex RC2
OC'd 1.3Ghz
Launcher Pro

Awesome. .I'm sure it's smooth. .Fab does a great job...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

dschwartz0815
07-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Awesome. .I'm sure it's smooth. .Fab does a great job...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

It is amazing. But apex needs more flashable themes. Maybe switching.to liberty cus of all the available themes

JoJoLanny
07-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Wow!!!! That was a refreshing dose of insight. :excited: I need to ask about GB more often!!!! Thanks you guys for all the answers. And again..... just to cap....... if I just do the two part TBH without the odexed OR deodexed 596 update, then I can flash Liberty? Hell..... I can't even download v.7, .8, or .9!!! LOL I get "error - unsuspected end of stream". whatever the heck that means...... Well..... I'm back to Froyo stock. So....... 1. root 2. droid 2 bootstrapper 3. no data or cach wipe, just install part 1 and 2 of TBH GB. 4. download the Liberty GB....... wipe data/cache, back up, let liberty do the rest? Which version should I flash; 7, 8, or 9. Those are the only three that show up in my Toolbox Pro. Should I just flash 2.0.1 from stock and just do the GB from there?

JoJoLanny
07-06-2011, 12:53 AM
I tried the Apex, dschwartz, but it left me with a "anroid.media" crash and forceclose...... not the ROM!!! I know. It's me..... I just need to learn a little more about GB before I change over. I'm actually looking for someone to be able to tell me what the difference between Froyo and GB is? Is GB that much better? I was a flashing fool with Froyo: Rubix, Gummy Jar, Liberty, Apex, Tranquility (which is now my Froyo ROM of choice), SS (chevy is awesome....That's why I was wanting to give the SSX a run), Big DX was amazing for the Gummy Jar...... come on guys...... I know you remember those good ol' days! Right? I thought I heard something about a "Tranquility" GB ROM?!!! Dude..... I heard that and got chillz!!!! LOL I bet that's gonna be one smooth flyin' ROM. Should I wait for the Tranqulity or is Liberty GB worth a shot? Some say yes....some say no. If it's worth it...... tell me how to get there from stock, step by step. all help is appreciated!!!! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! :big smile: THANK YOU TO ALL THE DEVS!!!!

dschwartz0815
07-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Froyo was the base system for android. It was androids first test run and was considered to be a universal system that was very optimal for all phones. Gingerbread was the step from froyo. But motora released later that gingerbread was not a good choice to run the dx on. But gingerbread is like changing roms you get a new look and features but it also gives verizon a chance to put more usless crap on our phones.

dschwartz0815
07-06-2011, 09:56 AM
I do like gingerbread more. If your lucky your phone runs smoother on gb. But if your interested in getting to apex or ssx or sumthin else shoot me a pm and ill get u there. Also if you want to flash liberty go with v8.

cory46
07-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Froyo was the base system for android. It was androids first test run and was considered to be a universal system that was very optimal for all phones.

I think you forgot about donut and eclair
haha gotta get after someone early in the am haha

I haz interwebz

dschwartz0815
07-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I think you forgot about donut and eclair
haha gotta get after someone early in the am haha

I haz interwebz

Lol :)

JoJoLanny
07-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Very funny, Cory!! LOL Since I last posted..... I am running Gummy 2.5 with the Linear Theme and BSLinear's ADW Linear Theme. I forgot how frickin smooth and sweet this ROM was. Hey. deeeeeeeeeeschwartz!! When that Tranquility hits GB..... I'll definitely PM ya. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP!! If any of you are ever in Nashville, TN...... Beers are on me!!! And that's no $&#@!!! Cory..... have those "interwebz" checked out....I know a good Dr. I'm out!!!!! haaaaaaa!!!

dschwartz0815
07-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Hahaha yep hit me up any time u need