PDA

View Full Version : Theme Chooser

mdowns989
07-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Is there anyway to return to Stock SSX theme if you change to another theme using the theme chooser?

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-05-2011, 03:35 AM
Should just be the system theme.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

smalltowngirl13
07-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Should just be the system theme.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Yes, is the theme labeled system & the preview is not accurate in the theme chooser...

~~charge forward~~

Shaun
07-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Still new with the SSX, but where do I get themes? I read somewhere that CM7 themes work for SSX? If so, do I just flash over the rom like any other?

MICHO
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/cyanogenmod/29500-cm7-themes-working-dx.html
From here
And all you have to do is dl the apk go into the theme engine choose theme and reboot

sent from the Chevy side.

macpro88
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Themes for CM7 based ROM's come in an .apk application form. You install them like any other application and then use the application "Theme Chooser" to choose and apply the theme you installed. Most of if not all SHOULD work for any CM7 based ROM, if they don't work, then I would assume an issue with the ROM itself. When I checked out SSX, I got themes to work with Theme Chooser, but as soon as I rebooted, the theme reverted to stock... SSX issue I think.

mdowns989
07-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Got it thanks guys...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Shaun
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/cyanogenmod/29500-cm7-themes-working-dx.html
From here
And all you have to do is dl the apk go into the theme engine choose theme and reboot

sent from the Chevy side.

Awesome! Thanks again!

ChevyNo1
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Themes for CM7 based ROM's come in an .apk application form. You install them like any other application and then use the application "Theme Chooser" to choose and apply the theme you installed. Most of if not all SHOULD work for any CM7 based ROM, if they don't work, then I would assume an issue with the ROM itself. When I checked out SSX, I got themes to work with Theme Chooser, but as soon as I rebooted, the theme reverted to stock... SSX issue I think.

Seems the issue is related to not performing your own wipe in recovery - which I initially said was not needed. Instructions have changed since then - a wipe is strongly advised. Those that did so were able to get the themes to stick after that!

Also, going forward - I will include the Androidian/Cyanbread themes as part of CM7

c. bagley
07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Chevy is a rock star

macpro88
07-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Seems the issue is related to not performing your own wipe in recovery - which I initially said was not needed. Instructions have changed since then - a wipe is strongly advised. Those that did so were able to get the themes to stick after that!

Also, going forward - I will include the Androidian/Cyanbread themes as part of CM7

I thought I wiped data, possible I didn't, its a practice I practice though lol, I will try again though with a good clean install. Thanks!

wes53177
08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I found it strange, but when I did a reboot, it reverted back to my original theme. Then, I powered off instead, now the theme sticks. **** POWER OFF AT FIRST. THEN IT STICKS.