PDA

View Full Version : GO ThemesFactory Beta 2 for GO Launcher EX

CyberDanz
07-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I have done some serious googling and just can't find my answers. GO Dev Team has produced a piece of software downloadable for Windows, Mac, and Linux users called "GO ThemesFactory Beta2". There is a link posted within another website to download some tools to make this work, however, the link is to a u115.com website in Chinese and the download link is expired. I have the latest Java, and have downloaded the Java Software Developer Kit via Oracle Software Downloads (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/downloads/index.html). Seems like the only thing I am missing is a piece of software called CVSNT 2.8.01 . It appears like the only way to get it is by downloading this CVS Suite 2009 (either by trial or a paid version of it) CVSNT/CVS 2.x Client/Server downloads for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X (http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro/). Sorry GDT, but this has become very inconvenient. Does anyone know of a download link or how to get the CVSNT software? If I run the GO ThemesFactory beta 2 the way it is, anytime I try swapping my own (jpeg, png, icons, etc) and hit the confirm button, nothing happens. I can only assume this is due to lacking the CVSNT software. Otherwise, my system completely meets the requirements to make this software work. The only site I can find that has any information as to how to use this software is vague, and it appears the author isn't even sure of the different installation methods used across different Windows platforms. The " manual " link is as follows: GO ThemesFactory User Manual | GO Launcher | GO (http://golauncher.goforandroid.com/2011/05/24/go-themesfactory-user-manual/). I see (on the web link) some step-by-step instructions to prepare for use, and within the screenshots I see the CVSNT folder being used.

After trying CM7 , Liberty, and APEX roms.. I found myself SBF'ing back to my FroYo and using D2 Recovery Bootstrap to upgrade to the 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Ginberbread deodexed system. I personally believe that using a factory (e.g. FroYo, Gingerbread, etc) rooted setup along with all the GO Dev Team products has given me what I want. The ability to customize my appearances with themes, icons, etc. All the other ROM's are great for what they are (I've tried them all), but rooted factory with Go products has suited me best. I'm just really disappointed as to how little information is available for using their GO ThemesFactory Beta 2 to customize and make your own theme sets. I want to make my own themes. Some personalized for my own use, and maybe some for public use (if they're decent enough to share). However, I can't do this because I can't make any changes within the program (stuck with the confirm button doing nothing) and possibly missing the CVSNT programming.

Any help regarding this matter is greatly appreciated. I'm running the GO ThemesFactory Beta on MS Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), latest Sun Java 6.x and the related SDK, AMD Athlon(tm) X2 250 3.0 Ghz Processor, 8 Gb DDR2 memory, Nvidia GT120 on PCIE, and 1 Tb SATA HDD (78% free).

I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing troubles. I can't seem to find any other forums discussing this matter within the DroidXForums. I feel this is an issue worthy of discussion. If it is already being discussed, please direct me to the proper forum and I apologize in advance for missing the original discussion. Otherwise, please share your experience using GO ThemesFactory as to how you made it work, what fails, possible links to the tools needed (e.g. java, sdk's, CVSNT, etc) if allowed. I'd hate to crap out on GDT's latest breakthrough helping us customize our own themes.

cory46
07-04-2011, 11:00 PM
did you add java/jdk to your enviroment variables? that piece of software (its server software... not needed for themes) you are seeing isn't related to any theme engine functions

edit:...... read some of the comments on the instructions page

http://i.imgur.com/rXWhd.png

links to theme guides and how too's can be found here as well http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/25552-theme-guides-where-start.html

CyberDanz
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Cory46.. we may have bumped heads slightly on the Matt post.. however, this is greatly helpful bud !!! After hitting up that link posted, there are/were many, many things I didn't have. I probably didn't need them all just to create a theme. However, I grabbed just about everything so when I'm ready to work with update.zip files, etc, use xml coding, signing packages, etc.. I'm ready ! That link was a META Link which contained info and links to it ALL !!! I still have yet to finish installing some things to get ThemesFactory to work. I just finished downloading all the content I wanted first. I will update as to the success of getting ThemesFactory to work for me. So far, I was missing the environment strings/paths required to make it work-which has been corrected. I just need to get myself squared away before trying TFBeta2 again to reduce further troubles getting it to work.

cory46
07-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Bumped heads? Over what?

I haz interwebz

CyberDanz
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Bumped heads? Over what?

I haz interwebz

Bumped heads wasn't quite what I meant.. we just conflicted as to what will help Matt regarding the custom kernels for the droid x or the lack thereof..

cory46
07-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Still confused I only posted once and gave him links to tethering guides and said custom kennels aren't available on a droid x... o well haha

I haz interwebz

CyberDanz
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
By the way, I'm still not able to get the GO ThemesFactory2beta to work.. I think I might give it a break and see if I can get any success using the ADW Theme Engine..

cory46
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah I've used adw lots and if your used to eclipse and xml is even easier

I haz interwebz

ems3
07-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for putting this together. Been looking for something like this.

msu
07-26-2011, 08:52 AM
After trying CM7 , Liberty, and APEX roms.. I found myself SBF'ing back to my FroYo and using D2 Recovery Bootstrap to upgrade to the 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Ginberbread deodexed system. I personally believe that using a factory (e.g. FroYo, Gingerbread, etc) rooted setup along with all the GO Dev Team products has given me what I want. The ability to customize my appearances with themes, icons, etc. All the other ROM's are great for what they are (I've tried them all), but rooted factory with Go products has suited me best. I'm just really disappointed as to how little information is available for using their GO ThemesFactory Beta 2 to customize and make your own theme sets. I want to make my own themes. Some personalized for my own use, and maybe some for public use (if they're decent enough to share). However, I can't do this because I can't make any changes within the program (stuck with the confirm button doing nothing) and possibly missing the CVSNT programming.

I here ya man!! Although I'm running Darkslide X right now, I tried Libertly, etc and I always ended back with Gingerbread rooted with Go Launcher ex. It just always works with no hiccups.

stephchute
07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
By the way, I'm still not able to get the GO ThemesFactory2beta to work.. I think I might give it a break and see if I can get any success using the ADW Theme Engine..

Hey, did you ever get this GO ThemesFactory2beta figured out? I as having the same issues. In fact, I have also followed the guidelines to trying to do all the coding by hand and it looked great on my phone, until I tried to add the .apk to the android market, once I tried to download it or anyone else tried to download it there it just had some weird "loading" thing under the list of previews for themes in the GO Launcher Theme area on my phone, when you would go to "apply" it, it would just say "applying theme...please wait" and it would never do anything I'd have to restart me phone to get it to go away and the theme never applied, but it I would drag the .apk file it made on my computer to my sd card and apply it from there, there were no issues at all. I can't figure out what the problem is.

I even tried creating the theme in eclipse and even still, same issue. If you have found out any further information since this post, please do help. In the meantime, I too, will be creating themes for ADW Launcher as it seems to be less glitchy. :) Best of luck in your future endeavors. :) Let me know what you've found if anything at all.

Thanks,
Stephanie

CyberDanz
08-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey, did you ever get this GO ThemesFactory2beta figured out? I as having the same issues. In fact, I have also followed the guidelines to trying to do all the coding by hand and it looked great on my phone, until I tried to add the .apk to the android market, once I tried to download it or anyone else tried to download it there it just had some weird "loading" thing under the list of previews for themes in the GO Launcher Theme area on my phone, when you would go to "apply" it, it would just say "applying theme...please wait" and it would never do anything I'd have to restart me phone to get it to go away and the theme never applied, but it I would drag the .apk file it made on my computer to my sd card and apply it from there, there were no issues at all. I can't figure out what the problem is.

I even tried creating the theme in eclipse and even still, same issue. If you have found out any further information since this post, please do help. In the meantime, I too, will be creating themes for ADW Launcher as it seems to be less glitchy. :) Best of luck in your future endeavors. :) Let me know what you've found if anything at all.

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie.. I honestly did not get the themesfactory beta to work.. I'm able to make changes in it, but when I try to confirm it or save it, etc.. i still have the same problem as my original post on this thread. I have all my environment varibles appropriately set, have ran as administrator, etc and I just can't get it to work. I have, however, been able to use other programs to modify the contents of others theme files i downloaded and put onto my sdcard.. unfortunately, though, i haven't been able to rename the file or anything.. i can only extract it's contents, make my own changes, re-zip and sign the apk file under it's orignal name.. and then put the modified file on my SD Card and install the modified theme on my phone.

I'm so busy with work, and time with my family when not working.. I am very limited as to what I can do using the forum and figuring some things out. But I try. I've pretty much used a GO Launcher theme that contains the icons and things I like, and then modify my wallpaper to what I want using the rest of the items in the theme I chose. This works for me for now until I get my broadband back at home. Once that happens, then I'll push a little more on trying to get this to work. I've temporarily given up on the factory beta program.

tomed
08-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Hey, did you ever get this GO ThemesFactory2beta figured out? I as having the same issues. In fact, I have also followed the guidelines to trying to do all the coding by hand and it looked great on my phone, until I tried to add the .apk to the android market, once I tried to download it or anyone else tried to download it there it just had some weird "loading" thing under the list of previews for themes in the GO Launcher Theme

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Having the same problem myself at the moment. Works fine until downlaoded from android market!