PDA

View Full Version : Low memory on GB Roms?

as_daylight_dies
07-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I noticed that I have really low memory on Apex 2.0 and Liberty 0.8. I use GoLauncher and it has to re-draw a lot because android is killing it to free up memory. Any1 having the same issue? Is this all GB roms?

Sent at the speed of light from my liberated DX

LiveToPonder
07-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I noticed that I have really low memory on Apex 2.0 and Liberty 0.8. I use GoLauncher and it has to re-draw a lot because android is killing it to free up memory. Any1 having the same issue? Is this all GB roms?

Im certain someone else will weigh in here, but I smell a CW cahce wipe in your future, wont affect any apps/data

fnmetal
07-03-2011, 10:50 AM
You can try doing this in terminal emulator: type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot.
Also, check here : [Script] V6 SuperCharger !! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! FIX MEMORY FOR ALL ANDROIDS! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html)

as_daylight_dies
07-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Im certain someone else will weigh in here, but I smell a CW cahce wipe in your future, wont affect any apps/data

CW meaning clockwork?

as_daylight_dies
07-03-2011, 01:37 PM
You can try doing this in terminal emulator: type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot.
Also, check here : [Script] V6 SuperCharger !! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! FIX MEMORY FOR ALL ANDROIDS! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/148268-script-v6-supercharger-htk-bulletproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html)

What does that do exactly? Just from reading the script i am guessing that it sets a higher memory priority for home apps?

Also thanks for the link. Def gonna try that out

fnmetal
07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
What does that do exactly? Just from reading the script i am guessing that it sets a higher memory priority for home apps?Also thanks for the link. Def gonna try that outSent at the speed of light from my liberated DXYup. Exactly :)If you go into term emulator, type getprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ
It should respond what its current value is.. if you add the line to the build.prop it will set its priority to 1 and should minimize the redraws you're getting.

Zog
07-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Im confused? I have 250ish free mem on v8 and a little more on apex2. I didn't experience any redraws with my time on go launcher.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v8

fnmetal
07-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Im confused? I have 250ish free mem on v8 and a little more on apex2. I didn't experience any redraws with my time on go launcher.Gingercomb :: Liberty v8could be an app, or widget hogging up memory, or using a task killer.. I've never personally used go launcher, I've always been on adw, or lpp.. but its really irrelevant how much free memory you have, the android os is is designed to manage running processes and free up memory as it is needed..

as_daylight_dies
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
1-Very interesting that you report so much more free ram than me. I am always below 100 and more normally below 50 on both Apex and lib 0.8. How much ram does your android system use? Mine sits at 40 megs and i also have settings storage that takes up the same amount but appears twice in Gemini app manager (which i don't use as a taskkiller btw only to manage app auto-runs) Is that normal for it to be there twice?

2- I tried the supercharger and it works great! Awesome solve. Props to the dev

Zog
07-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Somethings not right at all with whats running. No dx should be that low. It appearing twice isn't normal, and that low of mem is highly abnormal.

What is gemini app manager? I use the stock one in android.

I only drop that low when im using an emulator or something intensive. The dx really doesn't have redraw problems, the dx2 does because of the large amount of reserved mem.

3rotorRX8
07-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow 40!!! My x would go into convolutions if it hits anything lower than bout 60!!!

sent from SSX Droid X

Zog
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Lol for sure.

as_daylight_dies
07-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I meant that my android system app sits at 40 megs used. Not 40 megs free ram. Also, i have settings storage appearing twice in both Gemini app manager and the stock android app manager. Is this normal? Does every1 else see the same thing?