PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Droid X to car USB Connection error?

vinyl66
07-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I just bought a 2012 Hyundai Elantra and the car has an accessory 3.5mm jack and a USb port for connecting and controlling iPods. Anytime I connect my Droid X it gives me an read error. Is it not possible to control the Droid X music with my car stereo system? If I put the Droid into charge only mode for USB connections the car still gives a read error however the droid does charge. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The persuader
07-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Great Question...

I posted this question sometime ago and Had no response...

I will be waiting for this suggestion...I get the same Error as well...I've tried Debugging, looked for an App to convert, Checked in Settings and Music Setting with PowerApp and I can't get it working...Would be NIce!!

I am sure you'd like to Listen to the Music on you Droid X coming thru your Car Speakers...

that would be Awesome...

Its Bubba...

vinyl66
07-03-2011, 08:13 AM
NM I got it figured out :)

vinyl66
07-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Great Question...

I posted this question sometime ago and Had no response...

I will be waiting for this suggestion...I get the same Error as well...I've tried Debugging, looked for an App to convert, Checked in Settings and Music Setting with PowerApp and can't getting working...

I am sure you'd like to Listen to the Music on you Droid X coming thru your Car Speakers...

that would be Awesome...

Its Bubba...

First I didn't have my car setup right second it will only work for me when my usb mode is Mass storage device. I wish I could play pandora or iheart radio through the usb but it seems that I can't.

The persuader
07-03-2011, 08:37 AM
When I connect my USB to my USB Port in my Truck...the Music plays on the Phone Speakers but not the Truck Speakers...I checked my setting with my phone...Debugged...Still doesn't work...I will check the setting in my truck...

Its Bubba

vinyl66
07-03-2011, 08:53 AM
are you still using your phone to select the music? When I got mine to work the car system was able to pull up the music files and I selected them that way. Not by using the phone to play the music.

vinyl66
07-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Actually I'm still having problems. I'll get it to connect about once out of 5 trys. I'll get the read error over and over again and then out of no where it connects. Kinda frustrating.

The persuader
07-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks...

Either one is working...I have a Hands Free System in my Truck...All incoming Calls go thru my Speakers...Now that you mentioned your Car System pulls up you Music Files...I don't remember setting up Audio System...this could be my issues...When you mentioned Car System...It reminded me...

That's my guess...Thanks for the info...Glad its working for you...I am Jealous..LOL:smile:

Its Bubba

vinyl66
07-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Still can't get mine to connect consistently. I usually have to play with it for about 5 min before it will connect which means I almost never use it. Anyone else have any ideas what's wrong?

thanxdad
07-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Whadu do? I have the same problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums