PDA

View Full Version : So I am on DarkSlide ROM and stuck on BOOTLOOP after editing build props!

x909xvolcomx
07-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me, I was on Darkslide for GB and then I was playing around with Android Overclock app and editing some of the build props, once I rebooted I am stuck at BOOTLOOP! sometimes it will go through all the way and boot up but then it will just restart after one second and go back to BOOTLOOP. Is there a way I can go to the Droid Bootstrap? I tried almost every combination of keys to press when restarting my phone and I cannot get it to start in Boostrap.....I think I will have to SBF, If I do have to SBF can someone lead me to the right thread to get start :/.... Thanks guys I appreciate! :)

fnmetal
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me, I was on Darkslide for GB and then I was playing around with Android Overclock app and editing some of the build props, once I rebooted I am stuck at BOOTLOOP! sometimes it will go through all the way and boot up but then it will just restart after one second and go back to BOOTLOOP. Is there a way I can go to the Droid Bootstrap? I tried almost every combination of keys to press when restarting my phone and I cannot get it to start in Boostrap.....I think I will have to SBF, If I do have to SBF can someone lead me to the right thread to get start :/.... Thanks guys I appreciate! :) http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/15019-boot-into-recovery-power-off-state.html

x909xvolcomx
07-02-2011, 11:09 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/15019-boot-into-recovery-power-off-state.html

Oh yeah I tried all those methods already...none worked :/ thanks though

fnmetal
07-02-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to sbf if you can't boot into cwm recovery.. a data wipe in stock recovery won't overwrite the build.prop, so I'm pretty sure that's not an option.. not sure if anyone else has any ideas??
If you're out of options this is the easiest way to sbf: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

x909xvolcomx
07-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Well if I do get into stock recovery I can just apply the Darkslide rom once more and it will overwrite the build props...just trying a bunch of combinations on how to get on there. I did it once before but I totally forgot how to get in stock recovery

fnmetal
07-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Well if I do get into stock recovery I can just apply the Darkslide rom once more and it will overwrite the build props...just trying a bunch of combinations on how to get on there. I did it once before but I totally forgot how to get in stock recoveryIn stock recovery you can only wipe cache, data, and flash an update.zip which has to be signed, you can't flash a custom rom in stock recovery, only clockwork recovery.. if you can get to cwm recovery you could simply reflash darkslide and overwrite the build.prop, but you can't get into cwm recovery... stock recovery you just pull the battery, put it back in, then power on by holding home+power, when you see the M, continue to hold home until you see the droid icon hit both volume buttons at the same time to enter the recovery menu. Volume buttons navigate the menu, power button selects..

x909xvolcomx
07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
In stock recovery you can only wipe cache, data, and flash an update.zip which has to be signed, you can't flash a custom rom in stock recovery, only clockwork recovery.. if you can get to cwm recovery you could simply reflash darkslide and overwrite the build.prop, but you can't get into cwm recovery... stock recovery you just pull the battery, put it back in, then power on by holding home+power, when you see the M, continue to hold home until you see the droid icon hit both volume buttons at the same time to enter the recovery menu. Volume buttons navigate the menu, power button selects..

Thanks man yeah I forgot you couldn't apply zip through there without being signed, but the data wipe worked! im back to normal now
Thanks for you help!

fnmetal
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks man yeah I forgot you couldn't apply zip through there without being signed, but the data wipe worked! im back to normal now Thanks for you help!No kidding :p ! Glad it worked though :)

x909xvolcomx
07-03-2011, 12:05 AM
No kidding :p ! Glad it worked though :)

I think I could explain this but I might contradict myself but here it goes anyways lol:
So reason why I think the data wipe worked is because I use the Android Overclock to apply the custom settings to the build props
it might have been that the build props weren't permanent but just booting up everytime it was rebooting, so data wipe removed the android overclock app and it stop applying the build props