PDA

View Full Version : 3G spotty after Gingerbread update

crybllrd
07-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Last night I updated my Droid X to 2.3 OTA and it appears the install went fine.

However, i noticed that my 3G wasn't working. I restarted and it worked. I browsed a bit then it was out again.
Few minutes later it was working.

This morning I reprogrammed (*228 option 1, option 2 was something to do with roaming so i didn't choose it), and it still didn't seem to work. I called verizon and they told me to restart, remove battery for 30 seconds, didn't help. Then they had me call a number (it started with ##) and i changed a couple of things that they told me to in the menu it brought up. 3G seemed to work so I hung up. Then, few minutes later it was out again.

It seems to work every 5 minutes or so, then go out every 5 minutes or so. It has nothing to do with signal, as I am using it in the same places I've used it for the last year.

Also its worth noting that the 3G symbol is always on and the arrows are blinking, meaning it is sending/receiving, but it is obviously not.

Any help on what to do next?

newmanx4
07-02-2011, 04:03 PM
It's a bug with Gingerbread. Lots of people having the same issue. There is no fix except to wait for the patch that is supposedly coming in the next few weeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

savagerun
07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome to gingerbread! I was there for 3 weeks and went back to froyo and here im staying with no issues. I also rooted and life is good. Good luck to you...

Zog
07-02-2011, 04:36 PM
It did that crap on froyo too. 3G drops on the dx is a huge issue that's never been addressed by moto. The phones radio or the firmware for it is f'ed up in my opinion. Google it, no one has a fix and replacements don't help.

My d2 never lost a bar in my house. Both dxs I've owned fluctuate bars constantly, and frequently drop to 1x.

That's the only downside to this otherwise perfect device.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v8

J_Bone
07-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I was having same issue. I noticed it was happening after an over night charge or when my phone would go to idle. I figured out that "juice defender" controls things in this state. I removed juice defender and I havent had 1 issue since.

crybllrd
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys.
3G is important for me, so I am rolling back to froyo until a patch.
Thanks again.

savagerun
07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
If your going back to froyo and want step by step instructions go on youtube and search "how to sbf droidx" its a 2 part video and very simple to understand. I watched the video while SBFing my phone back to froyo with no problems.

Zog
07-02-2011, 06:07 PM
The radio got an update on your way to gb. The only logical explanation of the loss in performance is software related. Specifically the communication between your radio (its firmware) and the OS.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v8

savagerun
07-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Search video on youtube. "HOW TO SBF YOUR DROIDX ( PART 1 AND 2) by Adrian1623

Dvan
07-02-2011, 06:14 PM
If you want gb still try ssx 2.0 after you switch back to froyo....gingerbread performance with great 3g

When I tried motos gb update I had the exact same 3g issue. I would have my wife's dx next to mine as we left the house and her dx (froyo) aquired 3g within 10 seconds..my phone took almost 4 minutes with gb ota

crybllrd
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Has a patch been released yet to fix the 3g?

lexodroidx
08-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Has a patch been released yet to fix the 3g?

No word on the update. I am having the same problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

crybllrd
08-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks. Is there a site or somewhere I can go to know when there is a patch or update?