PDA

View Full Version : ChevyNo1 SSX neat tricks

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Easy Bootanimation changes
I keep finding new stuff with this ROM each day. Since I've been doing bootanimation requests (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/30894-yet-another-bootanimation-thread.html), I wanted an easy way to test what I make. Overwriting my bootanimation zip each time was a pain, and not very efficient. Then I found Chevy has a bootanimation script.

Drop all your non-flashable bootanimation zip files into /data/chevyno1/bootanimations. You can name them whatever descriptive name you want.
Then, go into settings>ChevyNo1 Tools>Scripts>Bootanimations, and there they all are. Select the one you want to use and you're given the option to reboot

Bkdodger
07-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice find my friend...leading the way as always ...this rom really rocks it.

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

smalltowngirl13
07-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Well done HD...thanks for the find and the boot animations :)...

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Status Bar Customizations
You've probably all seen this one, settings>ChevyNo1 Tools>Statusbar
The ability to show/hide the various status bar icons, and the ability to change your carrier text on the fly. No flashing, ninjamorphing, or T-CDMA, just type what you want it to say and its there

settings>ChevyNo1 Tools>colors
changes the colors or the stuff (icons, text) in the statusbar

Carpetman
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Does this Rom support wireless tethering?

cleopete
07-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Does this Rom support wireless tethering?

If you can read this, then yes. It does. Can't speak to any privacy issues though.

TideFan22
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm sure everyone's seen this but here it goes go to about phone and multi tap on it, like how it was in 2.3.3 the zombie art, well its a pic of a camaro.

From my Simply Stunning X

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm sure everyone's seen this but here it goes go to about phone and multi tap on it, like how it was in 2.3.3 the zombie art, well its a pic of a camaro.

LOL, I had not seen this till I saw your post in the other thread, I was gonna put it here too, but you beat me to it, nice find

TideFan22
07-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Yeah I just remembered it on 596 and thought to look, but I never checked it out on CM7, I wonder if there's something hidden there to?

zoe
07-03-2011, 04:10 AM
yes, there is one as well...

[Mod Edit] language

zoe
07-03-2011, 04:12 AM
alright... I guess I could share it...

http://tapatalk.com/mu/d849d37a-2454-d881.jpg

[Mod Edit] language

ChevyNo1
07-03-2011, 03:22 PM
BTW - that Camaro pic is my baby :)

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 03:26 PM
BTW - that Camaro pic is my baby :)

I kind of guessed that.

Well, show it off man, be proud. Nice ride (for 4 wheels)

fezrock
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Nice shortcut HD! I'm gonna fill that folder lol!

And Chevy- Thanks so much!!! This is the best Rom I've used for sure! Really loving the fine touches.

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Nice shortcut HD! I'm gonna fill that folder lol!

Yeah, only problem is I end up changing my bootanimations all day. Sat thru a 1 hour meeting Friday, must have rebooted 30 times just changing 'em

Snow02
07-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah, only problem is I end up changing my bootanimations all day. Sat thru a 1 hour meeting Friday, must have rebooted 30 times just changing 'em

Good thing your boss doesn't read this...

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 04:36 PM
na, he has an og, no reason for him to be here, LOL, besides, I'm not HarleyDude to him

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 06:14 PM

I hear ya on this...I look forward to conference calls now :wink:...LOL

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I hear ya on this...I look forward to conference calls now :wink:...LOL

The meeting did seem to fly by

Snow02
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
na, he has an og, no reason for him to be here, LOL, besides, I'm not HarleyDude to him

Hah. My imagined scenario:

Boss: Harley, I need to see you in my office.
You: What's up?
Boss: So I hear you find boot animations more interesting than work.
You: Uh....
Boss: Before you clean out your desk, could you hook a brother up?

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Hah. My imagined scenario:

Boss: Harley, I need to see you in my office.
You: What's up?
Boss: So I hear you find boot animations more interesting than work.
You: Uh....
Boss: Before you clean out your desk, could you hook a brother up?

LMAO
I actually had to hook him up back in our win-mo days, but I won't describe the theming I did for him, cause then I would be recognized

selcric
07-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm surprised that hooking it up in the win-mo days doesn't give it away...what like 5 people used it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Sean Wristen
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Just incase no one has tried jrummys root tools works.

Halfie
07-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Absolute Root Tools works ttoo.

BHuber09
07-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Easy Bootanimation changes
I keep finding new stuff with this ROM each day. Since I've been doing bootanimation requests (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/30894-yet-another-bootanimation-thread.html), I wanted an easy way to test what I make. Overwriting my bootanimation zip each time was a pain, and not very efficient. Then I found Chevy has a bootanimation script.

Drop all your non-flashable bootanimation zip files into /data/chevyno1/bootanimations. You can name them whatever descriptive name you want.
Then, go into settings>ChevyNo1 Tools>Scripts>Bootanimations, and there they all are. Select the one you want to use and you're given the option to reboot

HAHA i literally just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my bootanimation wasnt working like it should. I even wrote up a PM to send to you and then it hit me... "Waiitttt its named more than just bootanimation.zip..." so i had to rename it just to that. hah
Or i could have just waited one minute found this and have been set haha. Thanks for the find though!

iphonekiller
07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Just incase no one has tried jrummys root tools works.

+1. No issues w/ root tools

Android overclock also works on mine

CURBSHOT
07-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Coming from outta bounds... what are root tools?

Sent from my DROID apeX

Bkdodger
07-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Coming from outta bounds... what are root tools?

Sent from my DROID apeX

Root tools has dropdown text editor (which you don't need with SSX) font changes ..tweeks similiar to liberty toolbox ..also boot animations

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily ..

cleopete
07-10-2011, 01:20 AM

Well that's three things now that should work on my phone but don't. I don't think it has anything to do with the rom, Hulu Plus doesn't work on any rom or os I've tried it on. I think it's haunted.

fezrock
07-10-2011, 09:13 AM
One of the things that I loved about GB was the ability to close individual notifications. Then I discovered that I can do the same with cm7 and SSX by sliding them away. Very satisfying!

CURBSHOT
07-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Root tools has dropdown text editor (which you don't need with SSX) font changes ..tweeks similiar to liberty toolbox ..also boot animations

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily ..

Thanks...

Ampclamp
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
"Font changer" from the market works. Tried several different ones already. You can also change pixel
density.

AgamemnonAtreides
07-17-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm having a problem with the bootanimation script. I placed a couple of custom animations into the chevyno1/bootanimations folder, and they appear in the script chooser. The problem is that when I reboot after choosing a custom one, it automatically reverts back to the last stock that I chose. So I can switch between stock animations without it reverting, but when I choose a custom animation, it reverts to a stock one on reboot. Any suggestions?

fezrock
07-18-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm having a problem with the bootanimation script. I placed a couple of custom animations into the chevyno1/bootanimations folder, and they appear in the script chooser. The problem is that when I reboot after choosing a custom one, it automatically reverts back to the last stock that I chose. So I can switch between stock animations without it reverting, but when I choose a custom animation, it reverts to a stock one on reboot. Any suggestions?

Are you using flashable animations? That will mess up the process. Or using ones not named bootanimation.zip specifically.

HarleyDude
07-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Look at the custom zips on your pc and open them with winzip or similar. If they are flashable (probably the issue as fez noted) you will see another zip file inside the original zip. Take this second zip and put that in the chevyno1 bootanimation folder, and you'll be good

@Fez, in chevys tools, you can name them whatever you want as long as they still have the .zip extension, the script changes the name when it moves the animation

AgamemnonAtreides
07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
They both have regular folders inside the .zip, and, if it matters, the file names even include (nonflashable).

chuck54
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Wait how did you get it?

chuck54
07-19-2011, 07:54 PM

I can't get this to work

Sent from a noob on a DROIDX running Simply Stunning X (the most ballin' ROM!)

fezrock
07-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Look at the custom zips on your pc and open them with winzip or similar. If they are flashable (probably the issue as fez noted) you will see another zip file inside the original zip. Take this second zip and put that in the chevyno1 bootanimation folder, and you'll be good

@Fez, in chevys tools, you can name them whatever you want as long as they still have the .zip extension, the script changes the name when it moves the animation

Now THAT is handy! I have to have names for mine because I have so darn many on my SD!

Edit: you can also extract with root explorer or a similar file manager on your DX, and skip the whole PC thing to see what's inside. But you can't change them and rezip, and expect it to work.

Play the game- http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-games/31726-roll-call-game-everyone-wants-play.html

HarleyDude
07-20-2011, 08:21 PM
They both have regular folders inside the .zip, and, if it matters, the file names even include (nonflashable).

It sounds like they may be corrupt, or not made correctly.

AgamemnonAtreides
07-20-2011, 11:18 PM
I've taken to just placing them in the /system/media folder and renaming them to bootanimation.zip as I want them. But I had to re-flash to CM4DX after I started running into some crazy bugs that would only be fixed temporarily after SBF and re-install.