PDA

View Full Version : Apex 2.0 RC2 and Facebook Sync

DrTweak
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Just spent the past few hours Going from Fryo with Apex 1.4 to Gingerbread with Apex 2.0 RC2. I have a few questions.

1) Facebook sync. I see all my FB contacts in my contacts but I can no longer link them to my Gmail contacts???
2) How to access the Apextoolbox on 2.0? In terminal I am unable to get to it by typing in apextoolbox like on 1.4
3) Only got 5 Screens. Want my 7 screens back. Don't see the setting for that where it use to be? Has it moved or been removed?

EDIT: Also on the desktop when I tilt the screen doesn't auto rotate? Only when I am in apps??

After messing around with it I'm unsure about it. For some reason the Sync didn't sync all my contacts to my Gmail account. Not sure why, should have looked more closely at that, and I'm not sure if I like the feel of Apex 2.0 yet. I loved 1.4 but starting to miss it unless i get these other problems fixed. Thanks for the help!

Thanks!

DrTweak
06-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Ok looks like I answered question 1. Looks like if the names are exactly the same it auto links them??

Rest of the questions still need some answers on. Thanks!

zakkary09
07-02-2011, 09:21 PM
ApeX doesn't auto link. You need to touch Edit Contact > Press Menu > Join and then select which contact to link with.

As for your other questions, there is no toolbox for 2.0 yet. There may not be one because this ROM is pure AOSP - Android Open Source Project. It is MotoBlurless. There isn't really a need for a toolbox with the open functionality of this ROM. You can check the scripts you can use in Terminal Emulator here (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/30186-rom-apex-v2-0-0-release-candidate-rc2-6-11-2011-a.html), but with Dev Tools and Spare Parts already bundled, a toolbox now seems a little silly.

The five homescreens are a result of being pure AOSP, the launcher used is straight from Google, as you see on the Nexus One, etc. I don't see the need for so many screens, but if you really want your seven back, I recommend getting ADW Launcher or LauncherPro from the Android Market.