PDA

View Full Version : [6/27/11] - SSX 2.0 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.4

Pages : [1] 2

ChevyNo1
06-27-2011, 09:11 PM
ChevyNo1Droid on Twitter (http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid)

For support - for this BETA - please post questions at the link mentioned on Twitter, which is: [6/27/11] - SSX 2.0 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.4 - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board (http://alldroid.org/tabid/40/g/posts/t/1201/-6-27-11----SSX-2-0---Built-From-Source---GB-2-3-4.aspx)

Each release I do, I will rotate my 'primary' site that I post on, and that is the one I will support from. Some of you may not like registering for these other sites - but I cannot support you all on multiple sites with each launch. I hope you can understand that the exposure on multiple sites is good for me, and that the five minutes it takes to register on these 2-3 other sites is worth your time and effort. Given that I spend many many hours on a release, I don't think it is too much to ask :)

-----------------------
If you like my work and would like to get me a beer in thanks (I like beer http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif), it is much appreciated: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GJYJRL97SAB3J

3rotorRX8
06-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Awesome, more og X love!!!! I've got flashing fever :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

iphonekiller
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
OMG Chevy, this ROM is so badass. Definitely an improvement over CM7 as its a source ROM and has great battery life. NO issues at all so far. I'll be sure to post anything I come across. Thanks for the great ROM!

Burncycle
06-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I just flashed this and all I can say is wow!!!!!! I'm coming from apex rc2 and all I did was wipe data and follow his instructions then flashed the patch. I'm incredibly impressed with this rom's speed and stability so far. All of my apps even restored themselves without a hitch.

TideFan22
06-28-2011, 10:48 PM
1. Can u flash this over CM7? 2. do u need to use the prep first? His instructions ain't real clear. 3. Can u restore back to CM7 and vice versa. 4. If I do install ill probably sbf so I get a fresh install, do I install just the main zip? And I know to flash the patch after install. And 5.. do u flash this with the updated clockwork or the older one? I usually never have problems when installing roms, its just I'm not quite sure on this one and the instructions I seen weren't very clear.

Some smooth running Steel Blue CM7

Burncycle
06-28-2011, 11:02 PM
1. I'm pretty sure you can flash it over whatever you want as long as you wipe data first.

2.4.Install the prep file, you will get an error maybe, ignore it, install SSX, boot into SSX, reboot into clockwork and install the prep file and patch and you are set!!!! You do not have to use the prep file if you aren't coming from a gingerbread kernel though. I don't think it could hurt either way though.

3.. Since it is on a froyo kernel (i think) then yes you can restore back and forth between them.

5.You will definitely want to use the built in clockwork if you are already on cm7.

JNEHAMA
06-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Just flashed it over CM7. You do not need the prep file. Reportedly the update file will wipe data for you, but I took no chances and did my own wipe -data, cache, dalvick cache, and battery stats, then flashed the file. Booted up with no problems. I read on one of the forums that someone successfully restored data from a CM7 nandroid so I tried it and it worked. A little sluggish after the restore but did fix permissions and reapplied my Supercharger zip and its flying again. It's cm7 plus. I really like it so far. Can't tell about battery life yet but I've been on it for @ 90minutes with the screen on the entire time and actively flashing and on the forums and still above 90%. I think it will be much better for me than CM7. Thanks to ChevyNo1Droid.

TideFan22
06-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Ok just checking b4, these instructions just had me alittle confused

ChevyNo1
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
OMG Chevy, this ROM is so badass. Definitely an improvement over CM7 as its a source ROM and has great battery life. NO issues at all so far. I'll be sure to post anything I come across. Thanks for the great ROM!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

ChevyNo1
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I just flashed this and all I can say is wow!!!!!! I'm coming from apex rc2 and all I did was wipe data and follow his instructions then flashed the patch. I'm incredibly impressed with this rom's speed and stability so far. All of my apps even restored themselves without a hitch.

Great, thanks for posting up :)

ChevyNo1
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Just flashed it over CM7. You do not need the prep file. Reportedly the update file will wipe data for you, but I took no chances and did my own wipe -data, cache, dalvick cache, and battery stats, then flashed the file. Booted up with no problems. I read on one of the forums that someone successfully restored data from a CM7 nandroid so I tried it and it worked. A little sluggish after the restore but did fix permissions and reapplied my Supercharger zip and its flying again. It's cm7 plus. I really like it so far. Can't tell about battery life yet but I've been on it for @ 90minutes with the screen on the entire time and actively flashing and on the forums and still above 90%. I think it will be much better for me than CM7. Thanks to ChevyNo1Droid.

Thanks for the feedback and trying it out :)

ChevyNo1
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Ok just checking b4, these instructions just had me alittle confused

Let me know how it goes!

macpro88
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Awesome man, never ran your stuff before but have heard good things. So glad to see ya jump in the forums here! Looking forward to giving this a test run soon!

HarleyDude
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Hey ChevyNo1, agreed, nice to see you jump in here. Downloading now, gonna give it a shot, thanks

Burncycle
06-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey, Chevy. Are there any settings for the sony launcher? I really like it so far but one thing that bugs me a little (OCD) is that it defaults away from alphabetical app arrangement on a reboot. Can that be changed or no? Either way I'm still going to use it and it's really no big deal. Just wondering.

3rotorRX8
06-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback and trying it out :)

Thanks man awsome job !

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Thank you ChevyNo1
First impression is this is a very nice build, like cm7 on steroids. Nicely polished for a "beta", with plenty of built in customizations. You get the ChevyNo1 tools along with the CyanogenMod settings with the CRT-off included, and an easy pulldown text editor.

If you are on cm7 and unsure, this is an easy try and great news. You can bounce between ssx and cm7 (n7 at least) nandroids for a perfect restore of each respective ROM

Chew DZ
06-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Not quite as smooth as CM7 but the stock theme is DAMN nice! One of the best I've seen in awhile and I like the Sony launcher app also

zoe
06-29-2011, 07:30 PM
thanx for the info about restoring cm7 nandroids, now I've got no reason to delay trying this rom...

except for charging the battery... again

[Mod Edit] language

smalltowngirl13
06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Chevy - we are happy to have on the forum!

The ROM seems to be getting some great reviews...it is great to see the choices for the community!

iphonekiller
06-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey, Chevy. Are there any settings for the sony launcher? I really like it so far but one thing that bugs me a little (OCD) is that it defaults away from alphabetical app arrangement on a reboot. Can that be changed or no? Either way I'm still going to use it and it's really no big deal. Just wondering. I was just about to ask the same exact thing! Lol

wikkdwarrior
06-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Chevy...good to see you come to the x man!!! I've been rockin simply stunning since my good old og droid days, and to have it on my x is amazing! As soon as ssx 2.0 booted and I saw my status bar I was filled with og droid nostalgia! Thank you

::: Note 2 Self :::

The first step in androidholics anonymous is to admit that you really do have an addiction!

cynkrzy
06-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh lord this is not good... Not another sleepless night.

Q. Which version of Bootstrap/Clockwork to use after flashing this rom?

A.O.S.P. CM7(v14)

HarleyDude
06-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh lord this is not good... Not another sleepless night.

Q. Which version of Bootstrap/Clockwork to use after flashing this rom?

A.O.S.P. CM7(v14)

Use gold clockwork from the power button, no bootstrapper. make a nandroid backup of your cm7 setup, cause you can restore back and forth

SnowBordinPanda
06-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Ok. I'm a little confused. I'm on the CM7 nightly #14. So all I do Is flash this over it (Wipe data/cache/dalviche obviously) That's it? If I wanted to go back to my CM7 could I just restore it? I really want to flash this rom. I've been looking at it since the day this thread was posted just never got around to look into it. Please help me!

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

cynkrzy
06-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Ok. I'm a little confused. I'm on the CM7 nightly #14. So all I do Is flash this over it (Wipe data/cache/dalviche obviously) That's it? If I wanted to go back to my CM7 could I just restore it? I really want to flash this rom. I've been looking at it since the day this thread was posted just never got around to look into it. Please help me!

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

That is what the man said. and just like CM4DX DO NOT INSTALL DROIDXBootStrap. Get to recovery the same way as with CM7

HarleyDude
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

You don't even need to wipe, just MAKE A NANDROID Backup, then flash SSX and the patches. I did the restore to my cm7 setup just fine, then restored back to my SSX setup

SnowBordinPanda
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Ok ill try it soon. I'm glad ill be able to go back to my CM7 without SBF'ing but from peoples reviews...
. I might not want to! :) Just a quick question does Camera, GPS, and MMS work?

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

SnowBordinPanda
06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
You don't even need to wipe, just MAKE A NANDROID Backup, then flash SSX and the patches. I did the restore to my cm7 setup just fine, then restored back to my SSX setup

So all I do is wipe dalviche, install rom. Then install patch. When I boot into clockwork were is the wipe dalviche?

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

HarleyDude
06-29-2011, 09:30 PM
the 2 patches are for the camera and mms, have not had a chance to try gps

HarleyDude
06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
if you must wipe dalvik, it is under advanced

SnowBordinPanda
06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
if you must wipe dalvik, it is under advanced

Ok thanks ill try it now!

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

SnowBordinPanda
06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok thanks ill try it now!

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

Well later. Have to do something now.

CM7 1.15GHz LP+ = God!

TideFan22
06-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Fixing to give it a run!! Nice to see u giving the X some love Chevy

Xponentially Better
06-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I just flashed it and um... shat myself hard. Blew an O ring. This is so amazing. I never understood people when they said "so and so's. Rom is so smooth and fast!" Well after flashing this I see what they mean. This Tom is way better than Cyanogenmod7 and cyanomod 7. Kudos to cChevy. And I like your pic of your car. I have a 99 Monte Carlo Z34 and gotta say im likin your camero l. Keep up the good work man and glad to see you back putting out awesome stuff.

smalltowngirl13
06-29-2011, 11:09 PM
On HD's recommendation, I flashed this ROM and extremely smooth....very impressed.

Lots of built in customization by Chevy and everything is very smooth! Well done for sure and thank you!!

Leach19m
06-29-2011, 11:21 PM
So since this is based on CM7, does the theme choose still work? I'd like to try it, but don't want to lose the themeing options

Loving me some CM4DX

smalltowngirl13
06-29-2011, 11:25 PM
So since this is based on CM7, does the theme choose still work? I'd like to try it, but don't want to lose the themeing options

Loving me some CM4DX

Yes, I have applied a couple after setting up and they have worked...there were posts in the Alldroid thread where theme's wasn't sticking but the assumption that was from not doing a wipe (which the ROM install does for you)...so far so good for me...

The base of Chevy's ROM is blue tho - so if you like blue, probably not real reason to theme it :)...I like the base myself...

wikkdwarrior
06-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Me too...I've been rocking chevys battery since my og

::: Note 2 Self:::

The first step in androidholics anonymous is to admit that you really do have an addiction!

fezrock
06-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Anybody care to post some md5s?

popcenator
06-29-2011, 11:38 PM
To flash or not to flash...

on the move..

smalltowngirl13
06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Anybody care to post some md5s?

This is what mine shows...

24620a4ab7d88e679df69a685dab0254

~~ sent from my x~~

Burncycle
06-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Ok so I tried both of the mms fixes and still no go :( has anybody had any luck with it?

TideFan22
06-29-2011, 11:54 PM
This rom rocks @$$!!! Great work very very smooth and very very fast!!! Thanks for the DX love Chevy :-)

My phone is Simply Stunning!!!

fezrock
06-30-2011, 12:00 AM
this is what mine shows...

~~ sent from my x~~

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnowBordinPanda
06-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Im probally gonna get hate for this.....but.....I'm not a big fan of blue. Is there anyway to make it look like the normal CM7. I like this because its faster and smoother. I just like the normal look. And when I try to use the NTSense theme on Theme Chooser it doesn't change everything. Please help!

smalltowngirl13
06-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Im probally gonna get hate for this.....but.....I'm not a big fan of blue. Is there anyway to make it look like the normal CM7. I like this because its faster and smoother. I just like the normal look. And when I try to use the NTSense theme on Theme Chooser it doesn't change everything. Please help!

No hate SBP... my themes from the theme chooser are sticking, even thru a reboot. It was posted in the alldroid thread that if themes didn't stick, you might need to wipe cache/data/factory reset & then reinstall the ROM. Did you try any other themes?

~~ sent from my x~~

cynkrzy
06-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Well mine aren't either and sometimes have to press hard keys 2 or 3 times to work. I flashed over cm7 per the instructions. Headed back to cm7

...Swyped from the "Cube"

SnowBordinPanda
06-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I rebooted now alls good. I still don't like some off the blue colors though.

SnowBordinPanda
06-30-2011, 12:49 AM
Well mine aren't either and sometimes have to press hard keys 2 or 3 times to work. I flashed over cm7 per the instructions. Headed back to cm7

...Swyped from the "Cube"

I'm gonna go back to CM7 right now.

Xponentially Better
06-30-2011, 12:50 AM
To flash or not to flash...

on the move..

That's not even a question. Flash away bro

droidcutie
06-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Okay. I must try! !!! Flashing now.

CM4DX Nightly Build 14.....

JNEHAMA
06-30-2011, 01:00 AM
This is what mine shows...

~~ sent from my x~~

Mine is the same from three separate downloads. Welcome to SSX!

And folks do your own wipe with dalvick cache too. Makes a huge difference if you have a glitchy rom. I had the button issue and all sorts of other little issues. All gone now with full manual wipe. Also I avoided TiBU app restore and used it for data only. Now it's silky smooth.

My only gripe with both roms is the personal video playback. I can use mobo player but the sound is gone. Same as on cm7. Fortunately youtube and third party video work great.

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Any one have a problem with security lock not disabling or turning off in settings ?

Edit.....Never mind I got it, took 2 re boots but that fixed it.

fezrock
06-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Me liking this! It's like he slapped a pair of Holleys on cm7!

Bkdodger
06-30-2011, 02:45 AM
Well I have to say simply awesome..first time on SS and loving the combo. .pumped up Fez. .

Chevy great job and welcome. .

Peeps as stated before do factory data wipe. .cache. .dalvik...battery stats. .then flash it. ..

I restored thru tibu just apps /data. .no issues and blazing. .

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

fezrock
06-30-2011, 03:17 AM
I have so much crap in TiBu that I've been manually restoring apps in it for awhile. No problems!

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 03:41 AM
I have so much crap in TiBu that I've been manually restoring apps in it for awhile. No problems!

+1 on that! Do you know how to clear out old apps where they won't show up ?

fezrock
06-30-2011, 04:07 AM
+1 on that! Do you know how to clear out old apps where they won't show up ?

Uninstall one at a time. Or restore everything on it you may ever want. Then delete everything in TiBu. Then backup data and apps again.

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 04:11 AM
Uninstall one at a time. Or restore everything on it you may ever want. Then delete everything in TiBu. Then backup data and apps again.

Thank-you I'll give that a shot

JNEHAMA
06-30-2011, 04:11 AM
I had a really odd event. After making a nandroid of SSX unthemed, I finally tried one of the themes I had downloaded. At random I chose vivid blue. It applied normally. I had used notification restart but to see if the theme would stick, I rebooted. Booted back up and every single widget on my home screens were gone. App icons were still there. I tried this with another theme but widgets were fine. Fortunately, I had my fresh backup and I loaded it back without issues. Obviously getting rid of the theme for now. Any thoughts?

fezrock
06-30-2011, 04:40 AM
That's what happens when restoring launcher settings. Hmm. Maybe something with the theme itself. It sounds like theming isn't completely worked out with all of them on this. Best I can offer. I'm not theming yet. Like the stock well enough.

Bkdodger
06-30-2011, 05:59 AM
@JNE hmm I'm going to keep an eye for anything weird...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Is anyone having problems with the eyecandy theme??

cynkrzy
06-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Well I have to say simply awesome..first time on SS and loving the combo. .pumped up Fez. .

Chevy great job and welcome. .

Peeps as stated before do factory data wipe. .cache. .dalvik...battery stats. .then flash it. ..

I restored thru tibu just apps /data. .no issues and blazing. .

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Being the AR suffering guy I am. I did wip data/factory reset, wiped dalvik, & stats. The only thing I didn't do that I normally do is restore my stock (virgin pure) Froyo Backup first.

I'll give this a while to steep, then come try it again.

I was pretty tired by the time I posted. The visual element of the stock Theme were very Stunning, and if the battery life is better than CM7, I'm sure it will turn out to be another great GB option

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
New problem now, I have JR overclocker and set ulv 1.2 and have been running it that way sense this rom came out. Well my settings are not on boot so I just go and set it after I reboot, well now when I try to set ulv at anything over 1100 it reboots. This just started on my last reboot.

kochoid
06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I've been on it for about three hours now and it's impressive. I am on synergy theme, which i likey. As with CM7, my music library in power amp is jacked. 600+ songs--all with correct tags--have been lumped into unknown artist status. I can view songs/artists/albums through folders option, but I much prefer library. Anyone on CM7 or SSX and poweramp found a way to fix this. I've tried rescanning folders, but that doesn't help.

ChevyNo1
06-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I have had someone else tell me that the JR app was causing reboots for them as well - but only when they run it (and this was starting to happen on CM4DX also ...)

kochoid
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
I have had someone else tell me that the JR app was causing reboots for them as well - but only when they run it (and this was starting to happen on CM4DX also ...)

I've been using an older version of droids overclock, which works fine. The last two or three updates from j have been crup.

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks you guys I have an older version ill load up.

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
That fixed it. Torturing CPU at 1.4 now :-)

ChevyNo1
06-30-2011, 02:01 PM
That fixed it. Torturing CPU at 1.4 now :-)

What version are you running now that works so I can tell others?

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 02:24 PM
2.1.7, working ok now ulv @ 1.4

ChevyNo1
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
2.1.7, working ok now ulv @ 1.4

Thanks!

3rotorRX8
06-30-2011, 03:27 PM
No problem, and thank u for an awesome rom! Grate job

akeezy
06-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Great rom. The toolbox is great and provides a few extra features. Its really smooth too. Noticeably smoother than cm7 to me

ChevyNo1
06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Great rom. The toolbox is great and provides a few extra features. Its really smooth too. Noticeably smoother than cm7 to me

Thanks, glad you're liking it so far!

Droid316
06-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Can i add the nightlies to this rom everyday?

Xponentially Better
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
I love this ROM more than I love my phone. I flashed right over the top of CM7 and just wiped dalvik and cache and battery stats h left data and didn't do a factory reset and has been working perfect. Twelve hours and still at 30% usually on CM7 I'm on 30% now but after charging the battery mid day lol.

tmar23
06-30-2011, 11:26 PM
I am currently on Apex RC2 and loving it. However, I have been wanting to try cm7, but I have been waiting for the camcorder to be fixed. Does the camcorder work on this rom?

Anyone else switch from Apex? If so, is this rom faster or does it have better battery life? Just wanting more info as I am trying to decide if I should flash this rom?

BHuber09
07-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Im currently on GB Liberty v.8
Do I have to SBF to Froyo to install this?
Its not very clear and might have been stated before and I missed it, sorry if I did.
It says if on GB flash the prep.zip however it says install SSX.
I need to get to CM7 so can I flash the prep flash then CM7 and then SSX?
It makes sense to me but my usb cord has a short so ill have to ask a friend for his in order to do a sbf.
Any help?

IKDTIP

3rotorRX8
07-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Im currently on GB Liberty v.8
Do I have to SBF to Froyo to install this?
Its not very clear and might have been stated before and I missed it, sorry if I did.
It says if on GB flash the prep.zip however it says install SSX.
I need to get to CM7 so can I flash the prep flash then CM7 and then SSX?
It makes sense to me but my usb cord has a short so ill have to ask a friend for his in order to do a sbf.
Any help?

IKDTIP

No need to sbf just do the prep zip first then ssx, you need to do both before leaving clockwork, then let boot up then hold power button and go back to clockwork and flash prep again. Remember DO NOT use bootstrap on this ROM.

bryannh
07-01-2011, 01:42 AM
runs amazing! the only complaint i have is at how goddang ugly that color blue is. even after putting a theme over it, yuck. amazing job under the hood though! just wish it looked more like stock cm7 with the tweaks behind it!

3rotorRX8
07-01-2011, 01:46 AM
runs amazing! the only complaint i have is at how goddang ugly that color blue is. even after putting a theme over it, yuck. amazing job under the hood though! just wish it looked more like stock cm7 with the tweaks behind it!

There are a bunch of themes that u can use to change the look :)

ChevyNo1
07-01-2011, 09:32 AM

LOL, don't candy-coat it for me! ;)

I typically build a non-themed as well - that should be more to your liking. When I release the 2.0 non-beta you will have that choice.

fc127
07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
There are a bunch of themes that u can use to change the look :)

Yep... I'm rocking synergy on my ssx. It looks sweet and is super fast.

From SSX 2.0 on my DX

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 09:51 AM

ruh-roh, hide this from stg, LOL

Bkdodger
07-01-2011, 10:01 AM

LOL mod edit time. ..

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

smalltowngirl13
07-01-2011, 10:09 AM

LOL...I saw, poor mis-guided soul...:big smile:...

~~ sent from my x~~

hinds90
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
So I install both zips through stock recovery if on GB?

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Won't install from stock, you'll need to be rooted and install both in clockworkmod recovery

hinds90
07-01-2011, 11:56 AM
So I take it this rom has its own recovery because he says reboot will be done by the normal power button.

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Yes, it does

far as I can tell, only thing it doesn't have is the kitchen sink, but that's probably in here somewhere LOL

hinds90
07-01-2011, 12:04 PM
All I needed to know flashing now.

CURBSHOT
07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Hey folks im looking at this rom and from the feedback this one is the one to goto... that being said when I upgraded to gb... couldn't stand it compared to apex 1.4... my question is I guess... is it time to switch noting that I'm more about stability rather than tinkering...? Thanks in adv to all ur strong advice.

Sent from my droid x apex 1.4... but salivating to flash something soon...

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Been stable for me so far, and I can only say good things about it

hinds90
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow!!!

CURBSHOT
07-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks HD... ready to flash... can you direct me to the link with the simplest recipe for taking the plunge?

Sent from Droid x apex 1.4...

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow!!!

LOL, yea

Thanks HD... ready to flash... can you direct me to the link with the simplest recipe for taking the plunge?

Sent from Droid x apex 1.4...

Links to his downloads via alldroid are in the OP.

pstgh
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
What do you peeps suggest using to backup/restore apps when flashing roms? The biggest hassle with trying a new rom is that all my customized apps get wiped!

Snipples007
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
What do you peeps suggest using to backup/restore apps when flashing roms? The biggest hassle with trying a new rom is that all my customized apps get wiped!

Titanium Backup.

CURBSHOT
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks... br back in a flash

Sent from my DROIDX soon to be SSX!

DDUB1520
07-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Im on apex 1.4.1 froyo. Can I just flash this or do I have to sbf or anything different?

hinds90
07-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Okay question I hit the power button and clicked recovery and it went to clockworkmod. Is it suppose to do that?

HarleyDude
07-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Im on apex 1.4.1 froyo. Can I just flash this or do I have to sbf or anything different?

as long as you are on 2.3.340 froyo, you can go right to SSX, with a data and cache wipe

Okay question I hit the power button and clicked recovery and it went to clockworkmod. Is it suppose to do that?

yes

hinds90
07-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Alrighty then i'm a idiot there's a second screen after you press reboot. This rom boots really fast. Loving it so far.

Money Mike
07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Just loaded this up last night from cm7 and I have nothing to complain about. Super fast and I like the extras chevy includes. I rocked ss on my og droid for quite a while and I think I may be rocking it on my x for a while also.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Xponentially Better
07-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Just loaded this up last night from cm7 and I have nothing to complain about. Super fast and I like the extras chevy includes. I rocked ss on my og droid for quite a while and I think I may be rocking it on my x for a while also.

Don't you just love it more than CM7?

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know if you use the zip to prepare your phone for going from gingerbread to this rom do you need to reactivate your phone?

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

macpro88
07-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if you use the zip to prepare your phone for going from gingerbread to this rom do you need to reactivate your phone?

In between the prep .zip and SSX zip? No, just skip activation and just go straight to installing the SSX .zip.

3rotorRX8
07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
In between the prep .zip and SSX zip? No, just skip activation and just go straight to installing the SSX .zip.

Strange I had too

macpro88
07-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I had to

Had to re-activate in between .zips? Should not have to, when the set up screen pops up just tap the four corners to skip. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-faqs/506-bypass-android-activation-screen-motorola-droid-x.html

3rotorRX8
07-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Had to re-activate in between .zips? Should not have to, when the set up screen pops up just tap the four corners to skip. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-faqs/506-bypass-android-activation-screen-motorola-droid-x.html

Yea I didn't have connection, had to 226 it.

macpro88
07-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Yea I didn't have connection, had to 226 it.

Maybe after you got on SSX, but in between the .zips, the prep and the SSX .zip, you don't need to activate, just skip it, root, bootstrap, and boot custom recovery and install the next SSX zip.

3rotorRX8
07-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Maybe after you got on SSX, but in between the .zips, the prep and the SSX .zip, you don't need to activate, just skip it, root, bootstrap, and boot custom recovery and install the next SSX zip.

Yes after I got on ssx I had to, I did the prep ssx bootstrap prep again then had to activate

3rotorRX8
07-01-2011, 06:00 PM

LOL I'm a tard today , I miss read your reply to Nun

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM

What if I'm not on verizon? Is it just a phone thing or what? Because I'm on cricket and just wondering if I'd have to activate it some other way..

macpro88
07-01-2011, 06:48 PM
What if I'm not on verizon? Is it just a phone thing or what? Because I'm on cricket and just wondering if I'd have to activate it some other way..

You would just activate the phone like normal if needed, never used Cricket so I don't know what to expect.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-01-2011, 06:51 PM
So what does it mean to activate it then, is it signing into google or is it getting service?

macpro88
07-01-2011, 06:54 PM
So what does it mean to activate it then, is it signing into google or is it getting service?

Its getting the service.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
07-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Damn, well I hope I can just dial what everyone else does. Thanks for explaining though.

hinds90
07-01-2011, 07:05 PM
If this is just the beta I see good things ahead. I love this rom.

TideFan22
07-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Love the camaro when u reapeditly tap android version in about phone, nice hidden thing like the zombie art in 2.3.3

TideFan22
07-01-2011, 11:56 PM
This has happened twice for some reason but from out of nowhere seems like after making a backup and rebooting when the phone starts up and from there on out my phone want go in landscape on this rom. The first time it happened I restored a backup of when I knew it was working. Well. Now I don't have a working backup to go to... I've checked all the settings and everything is as it should be but I cannot go into landscape, its pissing me of cause I really love this Tom and prefer it over CM7, but if I can't get landscape working ill have to go back... anyone know what it could be

Simply Stunning X

JNEHAMA
07-02-2011, 12:04 AM
You checked cm7 display settings? Once one of the rotation settings got unchecked somehow on mine.

TideFan22
07-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah nothing will spin it into landscape

From my Simply Stunning X

junebug2425
07-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Do u have auto rotatation checked

TideFan22
07-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Yep want turn.. I'm just gonna redownload and reflash I guess hopefully its some fluke or glitch with the download

Vidfinnx
07-02-2011, 01:41 AM
I joined the ranks and I am a fan off this rom

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

Threetailsdeep
07-02-2011, 02:33 AM
When I release the 2.0 non-beta you will have that choice.[/QUOTE]

This rom is potentially the best beta ever!!! When can we anxiously expect non-beta...sorry if you answered this already...

my DROIDX makes me better at life..

wikkdwarrior
07-02-2011, 02:45 AM
@ TideFan...there is three sets of display settings...cyanogen...ss tools...and phone settings, are they all set to rotate?

Vidfinnx
07-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Is there any blur camera or better I hate aosp camera
sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 05:59 AM
sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

Blur won't work on aosp, but there are a bunch of add-on cameras on the market. While I can't recommend any, I can suggest searching 'camera' in the market and trying them till you find one that suits you

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Yep want turn.. I'm just gonna redownload and reflash I guess hopefully its some fluke or glitch with the download

Make sure the rotation settings are correct in all places as previously suggested. I've also seen a few people who have strange glitches that can't be reproduced. One member couldn't change wallpaper, and a re-install fixed it. STG is having an issue with LEDs. Neither of these issues were reproducible by others. This leads me to believe something went wrong during the install for those folk. You may have a similar issue with auto-rotate, hopefully reflashing will fix it

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 07:00 AM
I've had a few small issues with wallpaper ..sometimes they don't take no matter what I do..and if I reboot then it takes ..or I will have one up good all day then in and out of a menu it resets to this black simply stunning wallpaper ..I even loaded ssx twice different installs methods just to test and nada..

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

wikkdwarrior
07-02-2011, 09:48 AM
@ViddFinX here is a fix for blur camera...no camcorder and it force closes after every picture sorry they havn't found a fix for that yet

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-x/153965-rom-beta-cyanogenmod-7-droid-x-42.html

Money Mike
07-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Do all of the cm4dx themes work for ssx?

Money Mike
07-02-2011, 10:30 AM
sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

Check out the miui apps post. There is a nice camera app that works and also the video as well. You have to change the resolution to something other than widescreen though.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/cyanogenmod/31220-miui-apps-cm7.html

Droid316
07-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Do all of the cm4dx themes work for ssx?

I dont think so.I tried to change many themes and they never worked/stuck.

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I dont think so.I tried to change many themes and they never worked/stuck.

Some people who have had trouble with themes sticking fixed it with a data wipe, I don't know if that is your issue, or just the themes, but something to consider

brandonfish
07-02-2011, 10:55 AM
I've had a few small issues with wallpaper ..sometimes they don't take no matter what I do..and if I reboot then it takes ..or I will have one up good all day then in and out of a menu it resets to this black simply stunning wallpaper ..I even loaded ssx twice different installs methods just to test and nada..

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

I've had a bit of the same problem.

CURBSHOT
07-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey HD... can't say enuff about your direction... I'm rocking this SSX... and headin' to the dentist... CUZ IT IS TOO SWEET!

Sent from my DROIDSSX

Vidfinnx
07-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys where can Iget a bigger keyboard

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

3rotorRX8
07-02-2011, 01:10 PM
To get back to the stock theme do I just flash ssx over agen and if so do I need to wipe /reset?? Thanks.

Money Mike
07-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Check out the miui apps post. There is a nice camera app that works and also the video as well. You have to change the resolution to something other than widescreen though.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/cyanogenmod/31220-miui-apps-cm7.html

Actually the video isn't working...

C Dippa
07-02-2011, 01:43 PM
To get back to the stock theme do I just flash ssx over agen and if so do I need to wipe /reset?? Thanks.

Na, you don't need to reflash it...just select the system theme from theme chooser.

3rotorRX8
07-02-2011, 01:55 PM
So the stock ssx theme is named system then ?

C Dippa
07-02-2011, 02:03 PM
So the stock ssx theme is named system then ?

Well, not actually named system, but yeah, the system theme is whatever theming the ROM came with...so on CM7, it's the theme that came with CM7...on SSX, it's the SSX theme

3rotorRX8
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Well, not actually named system, but yeah, the system theme is whatever theming the ROM came with...so on CM7, it's the theme that came with CM7...on SSX, it's the SSX theme

Got ya..thanks for the help.

Vidfinnx
07-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Hopefully soon will have camera replaced soap is ugly

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

hrtk
07-02-2011, 05:27 PM
anyone having issues with camera?

Quicksilver7714
07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Sweet. Need to install. Thanks Chevy.

CURBSHOT
07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I installed and this thing rocks!!! but man after 4hrs battery dead... doing nothing but setting up phone after flashing... anyone solutions???

Mercrae
07-02-2011, 08:12 PM
This is a freaking beta?!?!?!?! No way... This this is awesome, and I never thought I'd ditch Liberty.

Vidfinnx
07-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah I like it but I can't say much for this swype but its the only way I can get a bigger keyboard

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

MICHO
07-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Well peeps it's official I'm a gb convert.
Well Chevy ssx style that is lol.

JNEHAMA
07-02-2011, 08:47 PM
You finally made it to the new "millennium "lol

LiveToPonder
07-02-2011, 09:08 PM

I am just now dialing in DSlide, but this ROM seems almost unavoidable...let me ask the dumb question, SSX 2.0 means no more cm7 nightlies right? confilict of interest

Droid316
07-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I am just now dialing in DSlide, but this ROM seems almost unavoidable...let me ask the dumb question, SSX 2.0 means no more cm7 nightlies right? confilict of interest

Pretty sure.I tried to install nightly 16 and it just converted it back to normal CM7 stuff.

hinds90
07-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Anybody else play around with the lock screen. I like the fact that you can use gestures to unlock the phone or open application. Not sure if other roms do that but I like it.

c. bagley
07-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I need Swype back. Other than that this things is SCHWEET!!!!!!

stryker
07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I have a problem. My phone will not go into landscape mode either. I checked all the settings, nothing will work. Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it?
SSX is on my DROIDX!

hinds90
07-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Make sure auto rotate is checked in display.

JNEHAMA
07-02-2011, 09:35 PM

Yup no nightlies , but don't forget you can go back and forth using nandroids. Even do advanced data restores. So if something great comes out on Cm7 you're only a few short steps away.

stryker
07-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Make sure auto rotate is checked in display.

For some reason I was checking them, and they were not sticking. I rebooted and now it works again. Strange? Glad all I needed was a reboot.

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 09:50 PM
So can this be installed over 596 rooted or do I need to sbf?

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 09:54 PM
So can this be installed over 596 rooted or do I need to sbf?

You should be able to install over 596 if you run the prep zip first, but I'd personally opt for the cleaner SBF to Froyo and install

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 09:56 PM
You should be able to install over 596 if you run the prep zip first, but I'd personally opt for the cleaner SBF to Froyo and install
Ok I was planning on an sbf tonight anyway to go back to froyo but then I saw this. So if I sbf, I don't need the prep zip? Just root, install dxrecovery and install the sssx zip file?

MICHO
07-02-2011, 09:58 PM

Hey better late than never lol

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey better late than never lol

Holler out y'all the closer hazzz joined the party! !!!

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

MICHO
07-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Holler out y'all the closer hazzz joined the party! !!!

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Ty ty ty very much

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Hey guys sorry but to get this right, if I sbf, I can just install the update zip and the two patches after a first boot?

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey HD... can't say enuff about your direction... I'm rocking this SSX... and headin' to the dentist... CUZ IT IS TOO SWEET!

Sent from my DROIDSSX

Give the credit to Chevy, I just like it, he built it

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I installed and this thing rocks!!! but man after 4hrs battery dead... doing nothing but setting up phone after flashing... anyone solutions???

Charge to full, wipe battery stats, put phone down for a while

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Ok I was planning on an sbf tonight anyway to go back to froyo but then I saw this. So if I sbf, I don't need the prep zip? Just root, install dxrecovery and install the sssx zip file?

Yup, but wipe data and dalvik cache during the process, only takes a minute but may prevent small problems down the road

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Hey guys sorry but to get this right, if I sbf, I can just install the update zip and the two patches after a first boot?

yeah, you won't need the prep zip, just the ssx install and 2 patches

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Yup, but wipe data and dalvik cache during the process, only takes a minute but may prevent small problems down the road
Thanks Harley!

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Nevermind this post.

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh can you use TiBu to restore on this?

I restored app & data only...some prefer manually updating from market. ..either way I'm having no issues other than normal small bugs we all are experiencing

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I restored app & data only...some prefer manually updating from market. ..either way I'm having no issues other than normal small bugs we all are experiencing

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Thanks BK. I just ran "Backup all user apps" does that save the data? I didn't think there was an app and app data choice in the newer versions of TiBu.

HarleyDude
07-02-2011, 10:39 PM

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

+1 to TiBu. I 'selectively' restore apps w/ data only, and I don't restore those apps I downloaded 2 1/2 months ago and don't use. I find flashing a new ROM an excellent time to prune out those apps ya may wanna keep cause they're cool, but if you never use them, why bother

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks BK. I just ran "Backup all user apps" does that save the data? I didn't think there was an app and app data choice in the newer versions of TiBu.

Are you on gb now? Just back up your apps. ..also if launcher or third party mms backup...when ya get to SSX restore app & data only.

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Are you on gb now? Just back up your apps. ..also if launcher or third party mms backup...when ya get to SSX restore app & data only.

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

I was on stock rooted 596. Thanks for the advice!

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I was on stock rooted 596. Thanks for the advice!

No prob. .see ya on the SSX side. .

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 11:07 PM
One thing I wasnt clear on. I installed the rom and booted. Should I go back now and install the patches?

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 11:11 PM
One thing I wasnt clear on. I installed the rom and booted. Should I go back now and install the patches?

Yes sir. .patches now and good to go. ..

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 11:13 PM
+1 to TiBu. I 'selectively' restore apps w/ data only, and I don't restore those apps I downloaded 2 1/2 months ago and don't use. I find flashing a new ROM an excellent time to prune out those apps ya may wanna keep cause they're cool, but if you never use them, why bother

+111 I do the same. .uncheck the ones your not using for months. .also peeps rememeber no dx or d2 so here's a good part not to restore them. ..

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Looks nice but I am not digging this camera one bit. It doesnt even take ful screen pics.

Bkdodger
07-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Looks nice but I am not digging this camera one bit. It doesnt even take ful screen pics.

Tap on screen settings should be taking full screen...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-02-2011, 11:51 PM

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Ok thanks. The other thing I noticed is my 3G is just gone. I only have 1x. Any idea why?

Sefirosu
07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Man I can't sync Facebook now. Any way around it?

Bkdodger
07-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Are you in good area? 3g is working fine maybe toggle wifi on and off...

Go to contacts left menu accounts. .do you have Facebook there and if so click sycn also tap on it to make sure it's checked off on next screen. .

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Are you in good area? 3g is working fine maybe toggle wifi on and off...

Go to contacts left menu accounts. .do you have Facebook there and if so click sycn also tap on it to make sure it's checked off on next screen. .

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

I am in a good 3G area. It's back now though. Looks like it just needed a few. Now I just checked the left account menu and I don't see a FB account in there. I tried adding it and it went back to my gmail account that it shows listed.

Sefirosu
07-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Here is a screenshot:

Bkdodger
07-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I am in a good 3G area. It's back now though. Looks like it just needed a few. Now I just checked the left account menu and I don't see a FB account in there. I tried adding it and it went back to my gmail account that it shows listed.

OK try clear cache and data on fb manage apps. .then login in and sync all fb app

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-03-2011, 12:43 AM
OK try clear cache and data on fb manage apps. .then login in and sync all fb app

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..
Ok I just tried that. I'm going to bed. Thanks for all your help! I'll post in the morning.

Sefirosu
07-03-2011, 12:47 AM

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Last one. Where are these settings? I don't see them in the camera app.

Bkdodger
07-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Ok I just tried that. I'm going to bed. Thanks for all your help! I'll post in the morning.

OK cool. .good night

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Sefirosu
07-03-2011, 12:55 AM
See the post above yours. Thanks again.

Bkdodger
07-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Sorry on the go and thread not refreshing correctly on phone. ..

When you take a pic on the screen it has settings you can tap just right of screen view. .

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

Bkdodger
07-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Camera settings pic

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey all I want to take the next step to installing this ROM. Just want to lay out the steps I take to make sure it installs without a hitch. Im on gb rooted/deodex 596:

1. Boot into bootstrap recovery
2. Wipe data/factory reset
3. Wipe cache partition
4. Enter advance settings and wipe dalvik cache
5. Wipe battery stats (inside adv settings)
6. Go to install zip from sd card
7. Install prep zip file
8. After installing prep file (without rebooting) install SAX GB 2.0 zip
9. Reboot phone
10. Boot into recovery using power button
11. Install fix for cm7 input FC
12. Install mms-fix2.zip
13. Install CameraCamcorder.zip
14. Reboot phone and enjoy
Any steps I missed or am I ready to jump on the ssx wagon?

rooted/deodexed .596-what more could one want?

hrtk
07-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I have a problem. My phone will not go into landscape mode either. I checked all the settings, nothing will work. Has anyone had this problem and figured out how to fix it?SSX is on my DROIDX! What launcher r u using? I just noticed with adw that it goes sideways on main screen and app drawer. With sony launcher it does not seem to go sideways until I'm in a app.

TheJustPull
07-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, I am looking to try this rom but right now I am Liberty v6. when Im ready to install the rom do I load the fix first in clockwork and then the rom? TIA

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey guys, I am looking to try this rom but right now I am Liberty v6. when Im ready to install the rom do I load the fix first in clockwork and then the rom? TIA

Yes, you will need to run the prep zip first.

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey all I want to take the next step to installing this ROM. Just want to lay out the steps I take to make sure it installs without a hitch. Im on gb rooted/deodex 596:

1. Boot into bootstrap recovery
2. Wipe data/factory reset
3. Wipe cache partition
4. Enter advance settings and wipe dalvik cache
5. Wipe battery stats (inside adv settings)
6. Go to install zip from sd card
7. Install prep zip file
8. After installing prep file (without rebooting) install SAX GB 2.0 zip
9. Reboot phone
10. Boot into recovery using power button
11. Install fix for cm7 input FC
12. Install mms-fix2.zip
13. Install CameraCamcorder.zip
14. Reboot phone and enjoy
Any steps I missed or am I ready to jump on the ssx wagon?

Sounds like you're set

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
What launcher r u using? I just noticed with adw that it goes sideways on main screen and app drawer. With sony launcher it does not seem to go sideways until I'm in a app.

It was the auto-rotate setting under display, it had not stuck on first setting it, a phone reboot fixed the issue

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Does netflix work on this rom?

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Does netflix work on this rom?

If you run razorloves camcorder fix, it is reported to work.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/31282-camcorder-fix.html

TheJustPull
07-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I keep getting download fail from any of the sources :-(

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I keep getting download fail from any of the sources :-(

Downloading to your phone? Try downloading to PC then move to sd card

stryker
07-03-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a question? When I select a theme in theme choose, everything is cool. But my power widget that is in the cyanogen settings, it appears all black and I can't see it. Seems like it only works with the stock ss theme. theme won't stick after a reboot either.
I'm still using the themes, just wondering why I wouldn't be able to see the power control in the notification bar. Its there, but its invisible now. By the way this rom is awesome!!
SSX is on my droidX!

HarleyDude
07-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure about the power bar, but I know of others who have had problems with themes not sticking and data and dalvik wipes fixed it.

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I have a question? When I select a theme in theme choose, everything is cool. But my power widget that is in the cyanogen settings, it appears all black and I can't see it. Seems like it only works with the stock ss theme. theme won't stick after a reboot either.
I'm still using the themes, just wondering why I wouldn't be able to see the power control in the notification bar. Its there, but its invisible now. By the way this rom is awesome!!
SSX is on my droidX!

Did you reboot or use the app called notification restart to see if you can trigger it?

~~ sent from my x~~

Vidfinnx
07-03-2011, 05:19 PM
For some reason my battery lifecis substantially crappier today then when I first flashed it yesterday

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 05:34 PM
I just downloaded and I can't download any of my apps off the market. Any ideas? I need TB to restore my apps, but it keeps stating download unsuccessful.

stryker
07-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Did you reboot or use the app called notification restart to see if you can trigger it?

~~ sent from my x~~

That notification restart app did the trick. Now I can see it. Thanks!

SSX is on my droidX!

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 06:05 PM
That notification restart app did the trick. Now I can see it. Thanks!

SSX is on my droidX!

Awesome, glad you got it! The use of this app also eliminates the lost theme when rebooting for those who are experiencing that as well...

CURBSHOT
07-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Give the credit to Chevy, I just like it, he built it

My Bad... Chevy credit/props to ya!!! this is a killer build... Big Thanks "Shot from the Curb!!!"

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Anyone with some help...I am unable to download anything from the market. I did a battery pull twice but still nothing.

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone with some help...I am unable to download anything from the market. I did a battery pull twice but still nothing.

Can you access the market? Do you get an error message that says "download unsuccessful"? Have you tried logging into the market thru a web browser from a computer and pushing apps that way? There are sometimes after flashing or changing up a ROM, that the Google market account gets overloaded and you are not able to complete downloads...it generally resolves itself after the system is able to mellow out...

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I can get into the market but it says unsuccessful. It wont let me download purchased or free apps. Im going to try accessing it from the web.

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 06:30 PM
I can get into the market but it says unsuccessful. It wont let me download purchased or free apps. Im going to try accessing it from the web.

The other thing you can try (I don't think it will matter, it sounds like the overload issue)...but you can go into phone settings - apps - manage apps - all - market - clear data / cache / force close....

Good luck!

Bkdodger
07-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Does it show all apps in download status but not pushing on phone?
Can you hit cancel download only on titanium backup and redownload. ..if not as STG stated ...

Sent from elGato's X..
My X changes daily..

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I tried online but still not working. I clear the settings in app but still nothing. Any idea on how long im going to be unable to access the market?

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
I tried online but still not working. I clear the settings in app but still nothing. Any idea on how long im going to be unable to access the market?

I have seen it up 24 hours...as quick as 2 hours tho...the whole question is can you not touch your phone for that long?

As BK suggested - do you have TiBu?

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Guess at this point I have no choice. By the way how do I get my screen to display vertical. I tilted it and now it wont change upright.

ChevyNo1
07-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Also - I included the app 'aLogcat' so that you can troubleshoot. Start that app - login to market, force the unsuccessful error, go back into aLogcat, save the log, and email to: chevyno1.droid at gmail dot com. Will likely be tomorrow when I can take a look, hopefully market will work for you before then. If not - I'll take a look!

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Guess at this point I have no choice. By the way how do I get my screen to display vertical. I tilted it and now it wont change upright.

Go into settings - Chevy Settings - Display - is Auto-Rotate screen checked?

smalltowngirl13
07-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Also - I included the app 'aLogcat' so that you can troubleshoot. Start that app - login to market, force the unsuccessful error, go back into aLogcat, save the log, and email to: chevyno1.droid at gmail dot com. Will likely be tomorrow when I can take a look, hopefully market will work for you before then. If not - I'll take a look!

Hey Chevy...forgot about the logcat, but will that work on my funky LED issue? And if it would, how would I force it to record my issue?

Background on the issue - I was gonna use the LED settings to change up my LEDs, I selected pulse with screen on and the 2 right below that option are checked and grayed out (therefore, I cannot edit those) and none of my LEDs are sticking, they are all random...

Yes, I realize you may not answer this here and no worries, if ya don't was just curious.

CURBSHOT
07-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Charge to full, wipe battery stats, put phone down for a while

Thanks... phone down, stats wiped, full charge... hope!!!

WillMiii
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Any idea on how to get my music back to the player? All songs are not listed but are under albums inbfile manager.

Sean Wristen
07-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Not sure where to post this.Thought this is a good place to start. Since the camera/camcorder fix for cm4dx worked on SSX . Will all things for cm4dx work on SSX?

Vidfinnx
07-04-2011, 02:22 AM
What was fixed on the camera

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Not sure where to post this.Thought this is a good place to start. Since the camera/camcorder fix for cm4dx worked on SSX . Will all things for cm4dx work on SSX?

Most things will be compatible across the 2 OSes, even nandroid backups of each can be restored over the other

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 07:09 AM
What was fixed on the camera

sent from Droid X
Ssx 2.0 Beta

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/31282-camcorder-fix.html

Working camcorder with this fix, as well as you-tube, netflix, etc

griz.droidx
07-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Okay people, looks like a lot of people I see throughout the forum are on this rom. How is the battery life compared to CM7? Also have there been any updates to the original other than the flashable fixes? I'm thinking about installing this but I am wondering about battery life. I've read/skimmed all posts in the thread and found two things. One guy said he was on there for four hours installing stuff and his died, another said that after an hour and a half of installing stuff he was still at 90%. So which is it? I ran CM7 nightlies from 0-12 and although the battery life got better around 7-8 for me, it never got to the point of being anywhere near as good as a 596 spin like apex or Liberty or stock 596.

If I have 70-80% at 11PM before going to bed, I hate waking up to a battery with about 30-40% left. That is for the birds. Just wondering what you guys are getting? I don't use facebook(but will once I get things sorted), and I am really finicky when I install apps, I always check to see if they will pull data or do things in the background when I am not using the phone. I don't let my news/weather apps update every hour.. So I'd like to get at least a good 14-16 hours minimum. Enough to get through a day.

If he does release an update will we see it here? Since he is only providing support for one forum (I don't blame him), Will we at least get an update notification or post here?

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 11:49 AM
There have been no updates to the original release yet.
Battery life seems comparable to what I saw on cm7. I have email accounts syncing every 5 minutes (work) to every 15 (personal) and every hour (lower priority personal). Drops about 20 % overnight.
Chevy has been stopping by here to check up, and I have stayed in touch with him, so we wil know when the new release comes out

B3N
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
if i flash the ssx over cm7 v.19
how easy would it b 2 flash back to cm7
would it b just fashing the nightly ( wipeing data f, cache,delvic.and batt )

Snipples007
07-04-2011, 11:57 AM
if i flash the ssx over cm7 v.19
how easy would it b 2 flash back to cm7
would it b just fashing the nightly ( wipeing data f, cache,delvic.and batt )

Yeah. You could even just flash a backup of CM7 from what I understand. Though you're not going to want to go back once you get SSX to your liking.

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Make a nandroid backup of your cm7 setup, you can restore that right over a SSX install

griz.droidx
07-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks Harley.. wow that's quite a bit of email syncing. And actually probably what I need to do as well. Although I really don't need work email on my phone. What client are you using? I used K-9 and liked it. I have read/saw somewhere a few others based on the K9 source. I read a few other threads mentioning battery life after posting. I might as well make the jump. I'd say that's what everyone will eventually be on anyway. That or some derivative. I really miss the features of CM7. It does out of the box what would take several apps added onto 596 based roms to do. I just wish HDMI worked. Hopefully some ingenious dev will figure it out, I just don't think its a priority and it shouldn't be right now.

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Gmail app and native email app. Both work fine for me.
Agreed, I have no idea why our community devs are not THE android devs

CURBSHOT
07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Battery life for last 2 hrs at still @90%... I lowered brightness. After HD recommended full charge, wipe battle stats, let it sit a bit... been hammering it all morning... this is the best performance yet for me.

Sent from my DROIDSSX using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
07-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Battery life for last 2 hrs at still @90%... I lowered brightness. After HD recommended full charge, wipe battle stats, let it sit a bit... been hammering it all morning... this is the best performance yet for me.

Sent from my DROIDSSX using Droid X Forums

Cool, good to hear

natelugo
07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm a bit confused. Im on a droidx. And in the tools and news it says 5.4 is out and when I click the link it looks like it's for d1 not Dx.

ChevyNo1
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Yea sorry - the 'news section' is still centered around the D1 - I will be updating soon so that news is relative to the device you are running (up until recently, I had this build ONLY on the D1) ... SSX 2.0 is the latest for the X

natelugo
07-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh ok. Thanks

TwinkleFingers
07-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Well, I did it. I put SSX on my phone and...I love it! A few minor issues (mostly having to hit the back hard key multiple times to get it to work), but I love the speed and all. Now to invest the time to figure out all the new tweaks and settings and figure out how I really want it.

One question : I forgot to wipe battery stats when installing. Should I just reboot into recovery now (with a full battery) and do it?

Thanks again all for the great info and help

mapatton82
07-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Well, I did it. I put SSX on my phone and...I love it! A few minor issues (mostly having to hit the back hard key multiple times to get it to work), but I love the speed and all. Now to invest the time to figure out all the new tweaks and settings and figure out how I really want it.

One question : I forgot to wipe battery stats when installing. Should I just reboot into recovery now (with a full battery) and do it?

Thanks again all for the great info and help

Yeah just reboot into recovery throught the power menu (NOT D2 Boktstrap) and wipe battery stats and you should be good to go!!!

Sent from my DX SSX 2.0 on a no-carb diet!!