PDA

View Full Version : Pressing a phone number on a web page doesn't work

ThisGuyRightHere
06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Hello all, I ran into this problem and wanted to post the solution in case others run into it. After upgrading to Gingerbread, my Droid X was loading the dialer but showing the last number dialed when I pressed a number on a web page or in Google Maps. Normally pressing a number should bring the dialer up and show the number that you pressed, but for some reason it wasn't working. The fix was embarrassingly simple - reboot the phone.

This is the first time I've rebooted the phone since I upgraded so it's not necessarily a cause for concern - I'll post here if I run into it again.

Cheers,
TGRH

dschwartz0815
06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I've rebooted my phone lots of times. Trust me it doesn't work for long or at all

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

newmanx4
06-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Here's how I fixed mine. Sounds crazy, but it worked. Open Google Maps from My Apps. Click on Uninstall Updates. Reboot. Go back to Google Maps in My Apps and install update. Found this in a thread at the Moto forums. Mine has been working fine since doing that.

dschwartz0815
06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah I heard about this method and seems promising

Kogadroit
07-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I've got this issue, too. Pretty stock DX, 'll tell you how this fix works for me.
K
[<*forum newbie sez hi, all*>]

drudian
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Here's how I fixed mine. Sounds crazy, but it worked. Open Google Maps from My Apps. Click on Uninstall Updates. Reboot. Go back to Google Maps in My Apps and install update. Found this in a thread at the Moto forums. Mine has been working fine since doing that.

So I'm having the same issue on my Droid Bionic however this fix seems only temporary because after a day or 2 the problem resurfaces and I have to uninstall the update and then reinstall it again. I can't figure out what triggers it.

newmanx4
09-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Mine has worked ever since I did that. Maybe try uninstalling Maps completely and then reinstalling?

msu50000
10-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm having the same issue, I can't find in Maps where to uninstall updates so I'm just going to uninstall it all together. The issue I'm seeing is that I also have the problem with the Browser and Dolphin Browser...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found uninstall updates under the manage apps section. I'll try that and post how it works.

msu50000
10-07-2011, 12:48 AM
It worked! I uninstalled updates, rebooted the phone and I can click on the number in maps or on a browser and it works. Hope it stays working, because it is a must have feature. Thanks!

drudian
10-08-2011, 01:29 AM
It still is an issue that comes and goes. It works for a while then stops again.

jameschao
10-19-2011, 12:04 AM
I've tried the above method of uninstalling maps updates, rebooting, and reinstalling updates, but the dialer buggy behavior comes back within a day. Has it worked for others who posted to this thread? Are all droid x affected by this or just some? Mine was doing this since froyo, and now I am on gb rooted....this is a painful problem.

msu50000
10-20-2011, 12:13 AM
It worked for me and its been a week or two. Hope it works out for you!

jameschao
10-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Was digging around the Motorola owner's forum and found another suggestion: to boot into recovery and clear the cache. Tried that and this problem seems to have gone away so far....