PDA

View Full Version : Asurion Officially Offering Droid X2 As Replacement For Droid X

Garemlin
06-26-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/droidx2-replacement.png

We have seen some people stating that they have received a Droid X2 as a replacement from Asurion, but it looks like it is official now. Asurion, the insurance provider for VZW is out of stock of the Droid X so they are offering the Droid X2 as a replacement. Not bad getting a dual core bump if something happens to your current Droid X.

Source: DroidLife (http://www.droid-life.com/)

mikeinrichmond
06-26-2011, 05:54 PM
If the X2 ever gets CWM and some developer love this could be a beast of a phone...

MICHO
06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
If the X2 ever gets CWM and some developer love this could be a beast of a phone...

Guess I'm stuck with my two burnt out pixels till then lol

Droidgasm
06-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Question - how exactly does the ESN play into an insurance replacement? I know it's listed as "bad" if a device is claimed as lost of stolen, but what does "bad" mean? Can it be made "good" again? Is the ESN also listed as bad if, say, the screen breaks or the device falls in a pool/sink?

Garemlin
06-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Question - how exactly does the ESN play into an insurance replacement? I know it's listed as "bad" if a device is claimed as lost of stolen, but what does "bad" mean? Can it be made "good" again? Is the ESN also listed as bad if, say, the screen breaks or the device falls in a pool/sink?

If the ESN is blacklisted the phone can't be activated. If you report it lost or stolen and find/recover it, you would be well advised to contact Asurion and let them know so they can tell you what to do. If your screen "breaks" or you get it "wet" you have to send it to Asurion when you get your replacement.

Droidgasm
06-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Interesting. So an ESN can be recovered if the phone if found & returned?

(Not planning any scheme - I just always wondered how this worked).

DroidXDoes
06-26-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't even want an X2 over my X1.
The screen is pretty bad, imo.

And I don't wanna be stuck on stock froyo.

Garemlin
06-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Interesting. So an ESN can be recovered if the phone if found & returned?

(Not planning any scheme - I just always wondered how this worked).

Most phones that have a bad ESN are because the owner defaulted on their contract or didn't pay their bill. The ESN can be made active again if the debt is paid. With recovered phones I don't know if they re-activate them with the same ESN after being checked out or if another is assigned to it.

droidiam
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately I believe you have to be past your 1-year with verizon. Awell

JoeX
06-27-2011, 11:36 AM
I should be so lucky. :-)

Garemlin
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately I believe you have to be past your 1-year with verizon. Awell

Not true. If it stops working it is covered under the one year warranty. If lost, stolen or damaged you can file a claim even if is while the manfacturers warranty is still in effect.

Sent from my DX

psykotikz
06-27-2011, 11:55 AM
so if the charging port on my phone is damaged (which it kind of is. got to wiggle it around to get it to charge)
do i take it to the verizon store? I've had the phone for around 11 months. how does this work exactly, havent made any claims through/with verizon/asurion

Sekine12
06-27-2011, 12:15 PM
so if the charging port on my phone is damaged (which it kind of is. got to wiggle it around to get it to charge)
do i take it to the verizon store? I've had the phone for around 11 months. how does this work exactly, havent made any claims through/with verizon/asurion

Take that back to VZW - should be covered through the 1 year warranty. It's only going to get worse, if you can demonstrate that it can be visibly plugged in and not charging that's faulty. Back in the glory days of the Chocolate I had a Chocolate 3 that started doing that, over the course of three or four months it got worse and worse until the phone absolutely refused to charge.

Dear phone manufacturer: if you're not going to pay for a nice enough wave solder setup you can give me two phones for the price of one.

firesice18
06-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I am not part of the Asurion insurance as I purchased my Droid X from Best Buy. Does anyone know of the potential of getting one of these with a "Manufacturers Defect" replacement from Verizon? Are they offering the same? I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get a Droid X2!!!!!

kmudd3
06-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I am not part of the Asurion insurance as I purchased my Droid X from Best Buy. Does anyone know of the potential of getting one of these with a "Manufacturers Defect" replacement from Verizon? Are they offering the same? I'm gonna be pissed if I can't get a Droid X2!!!!!

My bet is that VZW still has the X in stock...actually, the X is listed on their site right now. So, you will most likely get the Droid X. Shouldn't be pissed for getting what you paid for.

YvesSaintYuki
06-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Thought about magically losing my X but naw.. I don't want a X2 if it cant be rooted.. I'll pass.. But I do have a burned out pixel in my screen barely noticable, but I still wouldn't trade it in.. Plus I don't wanna have to go through all the loops to get it back to factory settings after rooting just to return it..

Edit: Need to change my signature, Running Darkslide 4.2 Best ROM ever.. Liberty is #2 now..:angry:

toilkenn
06-29-2011, 03:20 AM
I got a Droid X2 because the gingerbread update totally bricked my phone. The phone is ok and the Dual Core processor totally shows it power, but the phone itself has a few minor issues. First the video and camera are a little laggy. You can tell this when you try to capture video and you see a lot of trail images and hesitation. Also don't update the flash to 10.3. Its buggy as heck. My phone has also restarted itself a couple of times and I have yet to solve that issue. Maybe with the next firmware update, all of this will be fixed but until then, I'm going to have to make do. Also battery life is a little iffy!

jappetta99
06-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I just got myself an upgrade to DX2 for $100.

And before anyone gets into ethical concerns, I did send back my DX.

Garemlin
06-29-2011, 09:23 AM

I purchased mine at Best Buy and have Asurion insurance on mine. It is a little late now but for future reference in you buy from Best Buy just call VZW and have the insurance added to your account.

Sent from my DX

TyGuy
06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I would not want the X2 as a replacement for my current X. I have messed around with the X2 a little bit and I did not like it one bit.

sfreemanoh
06-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I purchased mine at Best Buy and have Asurion insurance on mine. It is a little late now but for future reference in you buy from Best Buy just call VZW and have the insurance added to your account.

Sent from my DX

I think you can also add it yourself through their website. Login with your account, and it should allow you to add or change plans, services or insurance.

Nemo aeternamn
06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know if you could load the x's bootloader into the x2 and then sbf it back to factory froyo on the x2... So you could load cm4dx on it...and have the power of the dual core the x2 has to offer

sfreemanoh
06-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Since the bootloader's are locked, I'm gonna guess no.

chrisxman
07-01-2011, 05:13 PM
i have them both the x and the x2 and the are basically the same device. both have pro and cons. the x is very customizable and the x2 all you can do is ROOT and wait.....for the DEVS to start there MAGIC

BenBrown
07-03-2011, 11:22 PM

I bought my X through BestBuy as well but I still have it insured through Verizon.

thegeezer
07-04-2011, 06:25 AM
My bet is that VZW still has the X in stock...actually, the X is listed on their site right now. So, you will most likely get the Droid X. Shouldn't be pissed for getting what you paid for.

I went to Verizon with my X yesterday. All kinds of problems with a stock X after GB. They have tons of X's in stock and that's what they are sending me.

Stuckinabox
07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Welp, time to SBF and drop my X a bunch of times.

(nope)

I'm really going to regret not waiting a few days for the X2 if it gets cm7 though. They dropped the price of both models $50 after I bought my X as well.

OOWeaver68
07-14-2011, 08:43 AM
I just called to get an insurance claim. The X1 is back in stock, so that is what they are sending me. I was hoping for a X2 but oh well. Just thought yall would like to know.

hjchristie
07-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I got online to file a claim and also talked to a representative today regarding a replacement for my Droid X. I haven't filed my claim yet, but according to their site and the customer service rep, the replacement is definitely a Droid X2. I even mentioned that the picture online was not the Droid X2 and when I hit compare phones, the info for the Droid X2 didn't come up. She confirmed multiple times that I'd be receiving the X2.

I read what the person before me wrote, but I literally just got off the phone with them. I'm waiting until next week to file my claim as my phone is still "somewhat" usable right now.

OOWeaver68
07-15-2011, 09:14 AM
I asked about getting the X2, but he said the X1 is back in stock so that is what they are sending out again. Who knows. Maybe you will get a X2. Hope so.

KyleQ
07-15-2011, 10:33 AM
I JUST got off the phone, I claimed my phone on Wed and I got a DX1 as a replacement. I come to realize the camera on this phone is shot so I call them up to find out they are out of the DX1's again! I'm getting a DX2 for a replacement, call them ASAP if you have any hopes of getting a DX2 :) This just made this week even better, yesterday I ordered a 32GB Zoom

SpinningHook
07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I placed a claim with asurion on Wednesday (7/13) (after breaking my screen on Tuesday) and received a Droid X1 yesterday (7/14). Personally, I'm glad since I wanted to make a smooth transition from the broken phone to the replacement via a nandroid backup.

As a side note, Asurion sent me a new charger, 2gb SD card and battery along with the replacement and required that only the broken phone (sans those items) be returned. Not bad to have backups of those items, though I am out $99 for the replacement.

KyleQ
07-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I got a new DX2 with a charger, battery and 8GB memory card :D

Jersey
07-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I got a new DX2 with a charger, battery and 8GB memory card :D

When?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
07-16-2011, 08:48 PM
The information has been disseminated. Assurion had run out of X'es and were offering X2s. Assurion has gotten X'es back in stock, so it all depends on when you submit your claim and who gets your submission.
In the meantime, this thread is closed.