PDA

View Full Version : This case looks sick.

TheJustPull
06-26-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.tridenteer.com/products/Electra-Series-for-Motorola-Droid-X-and-Droid-X2-Extended%252dlife-battery-Bundle-%28Black%29.html

I love my trident kraken but miss being able to use my extended battery. I found this on their website while looking for a holster for the case and will probably get it soon.case and compatible battery? (3500 mah no less?) That's full of win!
I just wanted to share this with all for those looking for a case that will work for extended batteries.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

SVDroidDude
06-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Uhhh...$65?? Is that a typo? Sick price!:shocked:

DRaulie2003
06-26-2011, 01:05 PM
It looks like it includes an extended battery as well as the case.

~Gingerbread AOSP Liberty v0.8~

TheJustPull
06-26-2011, 02:42 PM
It looks like it includes an extended battery as well as the case.

~Gingerbread AOSP Liberty v0.8~

Indeed, Thats why the case is a little pricey, your getting a 3500 mah battery as well.

J_Bone
06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh man. I just want the case. Looks sweet!

TheJustPull
06-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, i thought some people would be interested in it when I saw it so i threw the link out there. If you buy it, let me know how well it works or doesn't work.

MICHO
06-30-2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.tridenteer.com/products/Electra-Series-for-Motorola-Droid-X-and-Droid-X2-Extended%252dlife-battery-Bundle-%28Black%29.html

I'm leaning towards this one. If Your going to pick up the added mass of a case then why not go all the way then? Not a bad deal either.
Battery + case

smalltowngirl13
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Just got mine...I love the buttons on the front vs the kraken & the otterbox... there was no battery cover, not sure I liked that but so far so good otherwise...

~~ sent from my x~~

maineultraclassic
07-01-2011, 03:36 PM
It's a modified Cyclops case with the 3500mah battery included.

I have the Cyclops case, it's good but has the same POS screen protected in it that scratches very easy.

Steve

smalltowngirl13
07-01-2011, 03:49 PM
It's a modified Cyclops case with the 3500mah battery included.

I have the Cyclops case, it's good but has the same POS screen protected in it that scratches very easy.

Steve

I took the screen protector out of the case as I have one on the phone...It negates the purpose I know but I like it better...

~~ sent from my x~~

BenBrown
07-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Very interesting!

Sent from my DROIDX

Rsmin
07-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Just got mine...I love the buttons on the front vs the kraken & the otterbox... there was no battery cover, not sure I liked that but so far so good otherwise...

~~ sent from my x~~

Smalltowngirl, I know you just got this but what are your thoughts on it so far? I was thinking of getting the Kraken case. I already have the bh6x extended battery which is not as big as this one. Just was curious as to your thoughts between this and the Kraken. The kraken is pretty cheap now on Amazon, but this one looks pretty interesting.

Thanks

smalltowngirl13
07-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Smalltowngirl, I know you just got this but what are your thoughts on it so far? I was thinking of getting the Kraken case. I already have the bh6x extended battery which is not as big as this one. Just was curious as to your thoughts between this and the Kraken. The kraken is pretty cheap now on Amazon, but this one looks pretty interesting.

Thanks

Good morning...

I have the Kraken as well - I used it for 3 or 4 months and I loved it. I switched from it to the Otterbox cause I had the opportunity to try the defender out...to me, both of those cases are very comparable to each other...both nice and they sufficiently do the job they are designed for (altho, I do remove the built in screen protector which elminates that protection and does allow dust in - but is my choice)...

Now, for the Electra case - this is my fave case of the three thus far...the buttons are lined up better on the hard keys, they seem easier to push and the actual case itself covers less of the screen on the edges making swiping easier or typing on the keyboards (this could be a factor if you have big fingers)...I think this case / battery combo is worth the $65 - however, as I mentioned above there is no back battery cover, you just put the battery in and put it into the case. It fits nicely, snugly and it doesn't seem to make it that much thicker than the Otterbox or Kraken with the VZW extended battery.

Hope this helps, good luck!

BenBrown
07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
As someone else posted, these new Electra cases with the 3600ma batteries are identical(as far as I can tell) to the Cyclopse case but thicker.

Thanks

Don't get the Kraken case as it covers more of the screen. I have a Kraken case and it's an excellent case but the way the holes are for the flash and camera lense when using a flash your pictures will have a cloudy effect. Get the Cyclopse.... it's basically the same and has a large single opening for the lense and flash and you'll still be able to use your extended VZ battery with it.(without the cover of course)

jwalz
07-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Is it much thicker than the cyclops? Love that case but really want to get the extended battery but dont want the big bulky case that wont fit in my back pocket

Rsmin
07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Good morning...

I have the Kraken as well - I used it for 3 or 4 months and I loved it. I switched from it to the Otterbox cause I had the opportunity to try the defender out...to me, both of those cases are very comparable to each other...both nice and they sufficiently do the job they are designed for (altho, I do remove the built in screen protector which elminates that protection and does allow dust in - but is my choice)...

Now, for the Electra case - this is my fave case of the three thus far...the buttons are lined up better on the hard keys, they seem easier to push and the actual case itself covers less of the screen on the edges making swiping easier or typing on the keyboards (this could be a factor if you have big fingers)...I think this case / battery combo is worth the $65 - however, as I mentioned above there is no back battery cover, you just put the battery in and put it into the case. It fits nicely, snugly and it doesn't seem to make it that much thicker than the Otterbox or Kraken with the VZW extended battery.

Smalltowngirl, Thanks for the great response. With your screen protector removed can you tell if any dust is getting in there?

smalltowngirl13
07-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Smalltowngirl, Thanks for the great response. With your screen protector removed can you tell if any dust is getting in there?

I am not in a dusty enviroment luckily...

I did just remove the silicone cove and open the hard shell and there was minimal to no dust / lent between the case and the screen...I have a full screen protector on my X (not the kind that VZW sales but one that actually covers from edge to edge...

Led Zeppelin
07-04-2011, 11:11 AM
I've been looking for an extended battery. Just ordered one with the case. My only reservation is that it looks like it's really thick. I figure I'll try it for 30 days and if I don't like it, I'll return it.

BenBrown
07-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Is it much thicker than the cyclops? Love that case but really want to get the extended battery but dont want the big bulky case that wont fit in my back pocket

Looking at the pictures of the case I wouldn't imagine it's any thicker than the thick part of any Kraken or Cyclops case where the camera lense & flash are.
As far as dust goes, I work in an extremely dusty environment. I'm a cabinetmaker and I have my phone at work all the time... sitting it here and there as I work.....wood chips flying all over it and sanding dust. I just blow it off lightly with compressed air from time to time and it's fine.

BenBrown
07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Good morning...

Hey STG... what brand of battery did it come with? Something made in China I imagine. Can you please post pics of the battery so I can read it?.... both sides? Thanks

Rsmin
07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't get the Kraken case as it covers more of the screen. I have a Kraken case and it's an excellent case but the way the holes are for the flash and camera lense when using a flash your pictures will have a cloudy effect. Get the Cyclopse.... it's basically the same and has a large single opening for the lense and flash and you'll still be able to use your extended VZ battery with it.(without the cover of course)

Ben, Thanks

smalltowngirl13
07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Pictures...

Cases side by side in order from left to right...Trident Electra, Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/13smalltowngirl/Misc/2011-07-04153827.jpg

Cases standing side by side from top to bottom...Trident Electra, Otterbox Defender, Trident Kraken

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/13smalltowngirl/Misc/2011-07-04153856.jpg

Battery side A (this faces into the phone), yes, made in China...

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/13smalltowngirl/Misc/2011-07-04153950.jpg

Battery side B (this side faces out)...

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/13smalltowngirl/Misc/2011-07-04154004.jpg

spodoc
07-04-2011, 04:19 PM
You gotta lot of a android stuff stg :)

smalltowngirl13
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
You gotta lot of a android stuff stg :)

Yes :disappointed:...my money goes to gadgets, luckily I'm not into shoes or jewelry or purses :big smile:...LOL

Rsmin
07-04-2011, 09:09 PM
STG, thanks for the comparison pictures. It really gives you a great perspective on the three cases. BTW, have you had a chance to form an opinion on the battery yet?

smalltowngirl13
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Rsmin, I have used the battery a couple of days, no ill effects yet but I'm keeping watch...I have definitely doubled my battery life tho...

~~ sent from my x~~

Rsmin
07-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Rsmin, I have used the battery a couple of days, no ill effects yet but I'm keeping watch...I have definitely doubled my battery life tho...

~~ sent from my x~~

STG, thanks for the info. About ready to purchase this

Rsmin
07-05-2011, 10:40 AM
STG, one more thing if you don't mind. It's a little off subject but do you know if the Kraken case can handle the Bh6x Motorola extended battery? I already have that battery and was thinking about that case as well and I know you have it, and thought you might know. Thanks

smalltowngirl13
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
STG, one more thing if you don't mind. It's a little off subject but do you know if the Kraken case can handle the Bh6x Motorola extended battery? I already have that battery and was thinking about that case as well and I know you have it, and thought you might know. Thanks

Yes, I used the Kraken with my VZW extended battery...

~~charge forward~~

Rsmin
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes, I used the Kraken with my VZW extended battery...

~~charge forward~~

And you prefer the Electra, correct?

smalltowngirl13
07-05-2011, 11:19 AM
And you prefer the Electra, correct?

Yes, I do for the few days I've used it...

~~charge forward~~

BenBrown
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM

I have the Kraken case and use the VZW extended battery in it. You have to leave the battery cover off though. The VZW extended battery is about 1 mm thicker than the stock battery.

I think I'll be getting an Electra case too.
STG... it looks like that battery says 3200 or 3000 mAh on it. I thought it was advertised as a 3600 mAh battery. I'm confused a bit now. lol

Rsmin
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Ben, Thanks

Rsmin
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes, I do for the few days I've used it...

~~charge forward~~

STG, thanks again

Rsmin
07-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I have the Kraken case and use the VZW extended battery in it. You have to leave the battery cover off though. The VZW extended battery is about 1 mm thicker than the stock battery.

STG... it looks like that battery says 3200 or 3000 mAh on it. I thought it was advertised as a 3600 mAh battery. I'm confused a bit now. lol

Ben, I checked with Trident yesterday and it is 3200 mAh.

smalltowngirl13
07-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Ben, I checked with Trident yesterday and it is 3200 mAh.

Yes, is 3200... unless they have updated the info, the link above shows 3200 in the battery info...

~~ sent from my x~~

Rsmin
07-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Ben, STG, Still trying to decide what to do with this case. Do you know if there is a holster that works with this one? I believe I read some where that the Seidio holster will work with the Electra but I can't find that info now.Thanks :)

smalltowngirl13
07-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Rsmin - if you find a holster or case type item, let me know...I don't use one that much as it is generally in the side pocket of my purse but ya never know if it is a good find :big smile: I might be interested too...LOL

Rsmin
07-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Rsmin - if you find a holster or case type item, let me know...I don't use one that much as it is generally in the side pocket of my purse but ya never know if it is a good find :big smile: I might be interested too...LOL

STG, Will do! Your battery life still looking good on this?

Rsmin
07-07-2011, 04:36 PM

STG,

Just a little info. I emailed Tridenteer today and they say that the Trident holster for the Kraken case is compatible with the Electra. I guess that is good and bad news because when you look at the reviews for the holster for the Kraken on their website they aren't good. I haven't seen it so I don't know. :crazy:

J_Bone
07-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Yes, is 3200... unless they have updated the info, the link above shows 3200 in the battery info...

~~ sent from my x~~
Does the battery show up correctly with stock battery icon? I have an extended battery, but it doesn't track correctly. If this one does I want to purchase it.

thanks,

smalltowngirl13
07-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Does the battery show up correctly with stock battery icon? I have an extended battery, but it doesn't track correctly. If this one does I want to purchase it.

thanks,

It does not display entirely correct on my notification bar...but it does register correctly in system panel when I look at my battery usage / discharge percentage...it also seems to discharge correctly via the minimalistic text widget.

Rsmin
07-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Ben, I am undecided between the Kraken and the Electra. Did you order the Electra yet?

Rsmin
07-09-2011, 02:25 PM
STG, I hate to ask you but I value your opinion, and I know you have the Kraken, and Electra and maybe the Cyclops. If you could only pick one of them which one would you pick. I am down to these three but only will purchase one. Right now I don't have a case at all, and I am getting more confused between the three the more I read the reviews and the more I discuss this. I seem to like different things about each so I guess any of them would be ok. Thanks in advance for your opinion.

smalltowngirl13
07-09-2011, 02:41 PM
@Rsmin...I do not have the Cyclops, I had the Otterbox Defender. But of the three, the Electra is my favorite...I like the alignment of the buttons (hard buttons on front and the volume / camera buttons). With the other 2 cases (Kraken, Defender), they were still lined up nicely but with the Electra, they just seem smoother in press. I also like the fact that the Electra case covers less of the screen which allows swipe from edge to edge easier...it was wasn't bad with the Kraken but at times, the Otterbox was a bit difficult.

I think someone mentioned that the Cyclops was very similiar just minus the extended battery. I liked my Kraken and I liked the Otterbox but the Electra is definitely my case of choice. I still need to check out the holster but I never did order one for my Kraken so I cannot test if it would work. I do know (LOL) that it does not work with the Defender holster :)...

Good luck on your decision - I agree, it is never easy.

Rsmin
07-09-2011, 03:07 PM
@Rsmin...I do not have the Cyclops, I had the Otterbox Defender. But of the three, the Electra is my favorite...I like the alignment of the buttons (hard buttons on front and the volume / camera buttons). With the other 2 cases (Kraken, Defender), they were still lined up nicely but with the Electra, they just seem smoother in press. I also like the fact that the Electra case covers less of the screen which allows swipe from edge to edge easier...it was wasn't bad with the Kraken but at times, the Otterbox was a bit difficult.

I think someone mentioned that the Cyclops was very similiar just minus the extended battery. I liked my Kraken and I liked the Otterbox but the Electra is definitely my case of choice. I still need to check out the holster but I never did order one for my Kraken so I cannot test if it would work. I do know (LOL) that it does not work with the Defender holster :)...

Good luck on your decision - I agree, it is never easy.

STG,

I really appreciate that. I am going to quit thinking about this and go ahead and order the Electra. I don't know where I saw it (either on this forum or Droid forums) but someone checked with Trident about the indentions on the side of the Electra case and they said they are there for a possible future holster built specifically for the Electra, "if there is enough interest". I know when I checked with them the other day Trident said that the holster for the Kraken fits the Electra case. I also would like to see whats it's like to have this big of a extended battery. I have the BH6X but it doesn't seem to add to many more hours to my use of the Droid X anyway.

Thanks again for your opinion, I do value it and appreciate it.

Rsmin

ack41988
07-16-2011, 01:16 AM
I just got my Electra and I love it. It gives a new meaning to brick though, holy cow its kinda big but worth it!!

glshub
07-16-2011, 06:14 AM
I got the battery from GorillaGadgets and a case almost like it..minus screen protector(which I put on seperately) for around $40. The only thing is the batteries dont charge all the way unless you pull them at 100%, wait for question mark and put barrey back in. Usually when I do this it reads 70-80%. Then wait for it to charge fully and you are good. It isnt a big deal excrpt the wait AND the hooks on the battery doors are easily broken ( had to have one replaced)The x and thr BIG battery really just srrnt compatible.

gbrinn
07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I just ordered an Otterbox Defender for my DX. I got it from Amazon for about half the retail price. I'd tried it out in the store and while it made the phone bulky, I like the drop protection and semi-waterproofing that it gives: I have a 6 year old...

spodoc
07-19-2011, 03:23 PM
I just ordered an Otterbox Defender for my DX. I got it from Amazon for about half the retail price. I'd tried it out in the store and while it made the phone bulky, I like the drop protection and semi-waterproofing that it gives: I have a 6 year old...

Top notch case and definitely worth it if you need that protection.

gbrinn
07-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Top notch case and definitely worth it if you need that protection.

I lost an iPod to a watery grave when he was younger. As expensive as it would be to replace it, $25 is cheap insurance.

spodoc
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Well it covers all ports except mics. Its about as good as your going to get except maybe a drypak.

gbrinn
07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I figure that at this point, an intentional bath like the iPod isn't too likely. An accidental bath, like my younger brother diving into a pool with his phone in his pocket? However, I'm going to Colorado/Wyoming next month on vacation so I'll be hiking, etc and there's impact damage to take into consideration. The little holster/cover that I got from the Verizon store won't really protect the phone from that.

spodoc
07-19-2011, 04:38 PM
West marine has a dry pak. Waterproof ziplock-style bag you can talk through. I have it and use it when on the water.

gbrinn
07-19-2011, 04:52 PM
West marine has a dry pak. Waterproof ziplock-style bag you can talk through. I have it and use it when on the water.

Lol. When I got a replacement iPod after my son gave the first one a bath, my brother-in-law gave me a "scuba" kit for my new iPod: A labeled ziplock bag.

spodoc
07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome gag :)

The dry pak is actually pretty nice. Im not affiliated with them or anything so don't think I'm pushing it. It just works well and floats. Good water protection.

gbrinn
07-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I ever go boating, I'll look into one of those.

Rsmin
07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey if anyone is interested the Kraken holster works just fine with the Electra case. I know it got alot of bad reviews but I don't know why? It hangs on my belt just fine and the case fits snug in the holster. I'm not crazy about the looks of it but it does the job.

DThomp
08-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I got mine yesterday and charged the battery up, reset battery stats and 18 hours later the battery is just getting to 3600 Mv. That's with 6 hours screen on. At least a couple more hours to kill it then I have to charge it. Also it is registering as a recognized battery (no? In status bar).

TideFan22
08-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Anyone get one and what are your thoughts on it, i just got mine in today. I already had a seidio 2600mah battery but i couldnt find a case for it so when i first saw this i had to have it, plus it has a 3200mah battery with it. I just needed me a case and the battery was just a bonus for me, so i bought one up quick, i like the size and feel of it, feels like i have a brick in my hand but my phones protected and also the myskins they have for the kraken or Cyclops i cant remember which one exactly but they will fit on this. What do u think of the electra case, and anyone have any tips or anything like the baby powder trick for the screen protector. I cant tell how well the battery is right now but ill know in a week or so

Running MIUI and loving it

DThomp
08-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I got mine yesterday. My battery just died an hour and a half ago. It had like 26-27 hours with over 8 hours of screen on time. The battery indicator said 1% from 7am to 7:30 pm. I think the battery is going to last quite a bit longer than the BH6X that was in it.
My impressions of the case is that it is very well made. It is big, but I have big hands anyway and it feels better to me now than before with nothing on it.
I didnt do the powder thing, just cleaned the inside with my eyeglass cleaner and microfiber cloth. When it gets scratched up I will just remove it and use my regular screen protectors.

smalltowngirl13
08-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I ordered one shortly after they were released...I also have the Kraken and a Otterbox and the Electra is my favorite...I am using an app from the market called "battery monitor" and it is pretty accurate on the battery read - I have it set to show both readings (battery based on voltage and system returned readings) - it also shows me the hours that I have used the battery...the battery life is amazing (but why wouldn't it be LOL)...there is another thread on this case as well and someone in there commented that the Kraken holster works for this case as well...

TideFan22
08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
OK I didn't see that thread you can delete this one to keep things tidy if u want and I'll post over there, but yeah I love the case it feels good in my hand and i am on my first charge so I'm just giving it a few cycles to build up, im gonna get me a kraken mySkin so i can have another color, yeah i've heard the holster will fit also but i never use one.

Burncycle
08-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm excited : D I just ordered mine yesterday.

TideFan22
08-04-2011, 08:34 PM
It's a big difference than the flimsy rubber cases I was using that I had cut up so it would fit with the seidio battery

TideFan22
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I ordered mine from cyclopscases.com Saturday and it got here today, pretty quick and ive heard good things about cyclopscases.com. Mine was 54.99 but i love it :-)

smalltowngirl13
08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Here is the other thread TF...http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/30675-case-looks-sick.html?highlight=trident+electra

I will merge the two - I was mentioning the other thread only to indicate there are several opinions in there as well...I just looked at the website since ya mentioned that the cyclops skins would fit (I hadn't realized that) and get this...ordered myself the blue skin :big smile:...

TideFan22
08-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Ohh I know, but since there was another thread on here i wanted u to delete it or merge it, thanks. Edit: yeah I ordering one Tomm as well, on Droid forums there was a trident rep on there talking about the case and he said that the skins would fit

smalltowngirl13
08-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Ohh I know, but since there was another thread on here i wanted u to delete it or merge it, thanks

Wish granted...:big smile:...thread is merged...

Rsmin
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Here is the other thread TF...http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/30675-case-looks-sick.html?highlight=trident+electra

I will merge the two - I was mentioning the other thread only to indicate there are several opinions in there as well...I just looked at the website since ya mentioned that the cyclops skins would fit (I hadn't realized that) and get this...ordered myself the blue skin :big smile:...

STG,

Where are you seeing that the Cyclops skins fit the Electra? I just emailed them yesterday asking them if they were ever going to make different colored skins for the Electra like the Cyclops had.

Thanks

Rusty

smalltowngirl13
08-04-2011, 10:49 PM
STG,

Where are you seeing that the Cyclops skins fit the Electra? I just emailed them yesterday asking them if they were ever going to make different colored skins for the Electra like the Cyclops had.

Thanks

Rusty

I based it off of this post - went to the Trident website and compared the mySkins for both Kraken and Cyclops to the general look of the Electra...from the pictures, it appears that the Cyclops would be close so I have ordered one and I can report back once I receive it...

Anyone get one and what are your thoughts on it, i just got mine in today. I already had a seidio 2600mah battery but i couldnt find a case for it so when i first saw this i had to have it, plus it has a 3200mah battery with it. I just needed me a case and the battery was just a bonus for me, so i bought one up quick, i like the size and feel of it, feels like i have a brick in my hand but my phones protected and also the myskins they have for the kraken or Cyclops i cant remember which one exactly but they will fit on this. What do u think of the electra case, and anyone have any tips or anything like the baby powder trick for the screen protector. I cant tell how well the battery is right now but ill know in a week or so

Rsmin
08-05-2011, 05:11 AM
STG,

Thanks. I appreciate you letting me know once you get it.

DThomp
08-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Hey STG, I am loving the case and battery life, but I have a question for you. Does your battery stats in the phone work right? Mine goes down to 1% and stays there for 12 - 14 hours. No big deal I will just use the voltage on batt stay to know my level. But did yours calibrate after some time?

Edit: After first full charge and wiping stats, my phone has been unplugged 36 hours now and still going.

smalltowngirl13
08-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey STG, I am loving the case and battery life, but I have a question for you. Does your battery stats in the phone work right? Mine goes down to 1% and stays there for 12 - 14 hours. No big deal I will just use the voltage on batt stay to know my level. But did yours calibrate after some time?

Edit: After first full charge and wiping stats, my phone has been unplugged 36 hours now and still going.

The system has never read for me...I use battery monitor from the market to track my battery stats... see screen shot - the widget in the upper right corner is it... the battery life is definitely amazing!

~~ sent from my x~~

DThomp
08-06-2011, 04:42 PM
OK, thanks for the reply. I'm trying batt left for now but may try yours at some point.

Burncycle
08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I just received my electra!!! Can't report on the battery life yet, but the case itself is very sturdy. The only thing that bothers me is the headphone port seems very flimsy. If you already have a kraken, then size will not be a concern as it seems only 1-2 mm thicker. It's only slightly bigger and it actually fits better in my hand than the kraken. It is definitely heavier. I don't think you could get a better deal than the case and battery together.

m42duster
08-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I am not in a dusty enviroment luckily...

I did just remove the silicone cove and open the hard shell and there was minimal to no dust / lent between the case and the screen...I have a full screen protector on my X (not the kind that VZW sales but one that actually covers from edge to edge...

Do you have a link to the screen protector you're talking about?

Thsnks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 04:49 PM
STG,

Thanks. I appreciate you letting me know once you get it.

I received the Cyclops skin today - it is cut the same as the Electra but it is not as wide so it would not fit my case...

TideFan22
08-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Sorry guys, sorry STG i feel bad u bought a skin that want fit the case. That rep was full of it, and me too lol :-(

Rsmin
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I received the Cyclops skin today - it is cut the same as the Electra but it is not as wide so it would not fit my case...

STG, thanks for the info. I guess you are just going to have to get a Cyclops case now to go with that skin. :)

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry guys, sorry STG i feel bad u bought a skin that want fit the case. That rep was full of it, and me too lol :-(

No worries TF - someone needed to test it :big smile:...

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 05:56 PM
STG, thanks for the info. I guess you are just going to have to get a Cyclops case now to go with that skin. :)

That's exactly what I am thinking LOL...

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
And as a side note...the holster does indeed work with the Electra case...

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Do you have a link to the screen protector you're talking about?

Thsnks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I just saw this...I purchased mine from Ebay... droid x screen protector items - Get great deals on Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers Skins items on eBay.com! (http://cell-phones.shop.ebay.com/Cell-Phone-PDA-Accessories-/9394/i.html?_nkw=droid+x+screen+protector) - there are several listed here on this link...

cougmeister
08-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Just ordered one after reading through this thread. i had been looking at the GG battery but thought it would be a little awkward without a case on it. this seemed to be perfect for my needs.

for those of you who have this case and are rooted, have you had any overheating issues when overclocking? this is my main concern at the moment (stock batt wouldnt last long enough when overclocked, hence why i wanted an extended battery)

smalltowngirl13
08-14-2011, 03:19 PM
No issues here with batt temp...

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c757c8f6-2dd9-ec40.jpg

~~ sent from my x~~

cougmeister
08-14-2011, 11:09 PM
thanks for the reply! also, how long does your battery typicaly last with it overclocked? im thinking about running at 1.2 or 1.25 but i dont know how well the battery will hold up in those conditions. (will probably have a screen off profile around 400)

cougmeister
08-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Forgot to ask in the last post, did anyone order from cyclopscase.com? If so, how long did it take to ship?

TideFan22
08-15-2011, 09:04 AM
I run mine at 1.3 and underclocked and i can go a full day on pretty heavy use. And i ordered from cyclops and they got it to me quick. I recommend cyclops

Rsmin
08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Forgot to ask in the last post, did anyone order from cyclopscase.com? If so, how long did it take to ship?

I did. Don't remember how long it took but don't remember it being too long. They are great to deal with.

smalltowngirl13
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
thanks for the reply! also, how long does your battery typicaly last with it overclocked? im thinking about running at 1.2 or 1.25 but i dont know how well the battery will hold up in those conditions. (will probably have a screen off profile around 400)

My battery will easily last 18 hours and that is with the screen on for a minimum of 10 hours... with light to moderate usage, I think that the battery time would double...

~~ sent from my x~~

cougmeister
08-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I feel better about my purchase now. Now just waiting on it to get here (I'm really impatient lol)

Shadowstrike099
08-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I also just purchased this case after the reviews posted here. They were very helpful. I have a seidio 2600 mAh extended battery and with light use I received just over 30 hours on my first charge. Does anybody know if the seidio extended battery will fit in the electra case by any chance?

cougmeister
08-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Got my case today! I have to say that at first it looked really bulky, but now that I have it on my phone I'm loving it! Fits perfectly in my hands!

@shadowstrike099

I don't have the seidio battery to let you know if it will fit, but to give you an idea of the size of the battery that comes with the case, it sets flush with the camera bulge. Hope that helps n hope it fits!

TideFan22
08-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I also just purchased this case after the reviews posted here. They were very helpful. I have a seidio 2600 mAh extended battery and with light use I received just over 30 hours on my first charge. Does anybody know if the seidio extended battery will fit in the electra case by any chance?

No the seidio will not fit, cause of seidios odd shape u know the second level part will not fit, I have a seidio 2600 and I tried it to see, even though the battery that comes with the case is a 3200 its not as thick and not oddly shaped as the seidio and plus this battery is better anyway

cougmeister
08-20-2011, 08:53 PM
STG, can you give a market link to the battery monitor app you are using? I've tried to find it but there's three or four named battery monitor.

smalltowngirl13
08-20-2011, 09:04 PM
STG, can you give a market link to the battery monitor app you are using? I've tried to find it but there's three or four named battery monitor.

Here ya go...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

~~ sent from my x~~

cougmeister
08-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks STG, I actually ended up getting battery monitor widget and it is reading exactly the same as my battery meter in miui. The odd thing is that my battery seems to be draining at the same rate as my original battery. Could this be that miui isn't reading it right? I haven't been able to calibrated it yet, but when I was on darkslide x, I was able to make it last 2 days. Now I'm wandering if it'll be dead by the end of the day. I'm at 67% and I've been unplugged since 9am. ( I'm using juice defender on balanced settings and have WiFi off so its not draining battery when the screen is off)

Also I haven't used my phone much today, just a few calls and texts.

smalltowngirl13
08-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Coug...I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link... this is the battery monitor that I use.. https://market.android.com/details?id=battery.monitor.pro

It gives me two readings - system returned and then actual battery based on voltage high / low.

~~ sent from my x~~

cougmeister
08-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Coug...I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link... this is the battery monitor that I use.. https://market.android.com/details?id=battery.monitor.pro

It gives me two readings - system returned and then actual battery based on voltage high / low.

~~ sent from my x~~

Thanks! Made a HUGE difference! now instead of thinking that my phone is almost dead (2%), this monitor is showing it to be in the high 50's using the voltage based reading. just figured out how to hide the MIUI battery icon too so now i wont get mixed up. cant wait for them to get it on the GB kernel, then i could see getting 2 days of moderate to heavy use out of it!

Edit: since you have the pro version, do you let the app calculate the voltage values for min/max, or did you manually enter them?

Shadowstrike099
08-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. I just got my case and battery off of ebay and it came with some portable speakers and car charger for free. Pretty good deal. The case is big but not too extreme and I definitely feel that the phone can take a beating in this case. I also love that the case has its own camera screen protector. On my first charge I received almost 2 days of use with pretty decent usage, internet, youtube, texting, some calls, words with friends. And this is with absolutely no juice defender/battery saver apps installed. i'm going to do a few charge cycles first then see how much juice defender will improve the battery life by. My only complaint is that my battery reads 1% for almost a full day before it dies. So I'm going to give that fore mentioned app a try and see if that helps.

Do any of you know if I can just order a second battery by itself or is it only the case/battery deal.

cougmeister
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't think you can get just the battery. But based on pictures I've seen of the Gorilla Gadgets battery (3500mAh), that one might fit in the case. Seems very similar to the one that comes with the Electra.

cougmeister
08-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Posting a video review up in the reviews section later tonight! Uploading it to YouTube as I post this!

Edit:

Heres the link to the video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OClH6mIdI

Heres the link to the new thread - http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories-reviews/35583-video-review-trident-electra-case-3200mah-extended-battery.html#post416624

blackbushido
09-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Hello.That is a nice case!! I'm trying to find a case that will hold an extended battery that is 3600 mah (from Mugen battery) that would fit into a case.I've been trying to find a case or carrier that it would fit it!! Do you know of any?? Thank you for your timely response

sierra
09-10-2011, 08:56 PM

~~ sent from my x~~

I cant get this link to work. :(

Ohhh. ordered this battery and case. Hoping it arrives monday. Cant wait to try it out! :)

smalltowngirl13
09-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I cant get this link to work. :(

Ohhh. ordered this battery and case. Hoping it arrives monday. Cant wait to try it out! :)

Try this one... https://market.android.com/details?id=battery.monitor&feature=search_result

cougmeister
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Yea, they recently changed the name. Really threw me off when I switched roms and couldn't find it. Just search for battery monitor in the market and its the one with a dark grey square with a light gray battery in the middle of it for the icon.

Edit: the icon is a 3D gray battery

cougmeister
09-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Here's a link to it on the web market.

https://market.android.com/details?id=battery.monitor&feature=search_result

cougmeister
09-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Ok, just tried both if our links and northern work. (I think its cause we both used the phones browser. Ill try posting another link from my pc when I get a chance.

smalltowngirl13
09-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I posted mine from my laptop...lets try this again...

sierra
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM
LOL.. ok. got it. Thanks! :)

cougmeister
09-10-2011, 11:59 PM
No problem! Im half tempted to order another one if they come out with it in different colors.

blackbushido
09-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Hello. Thats a funky case!!!! It's perfect!! Now does it have a case that it fits in, you know so you don't carry it in your pocket?? I love the fact that it fits the extended battery!!By-the-by, what size is the extended battery this fits??Thanks for your timely response

cougmeister
09-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Hello. Thats a funky case!!!! It's perfect!! Now does it have a case that it fits in, you know so you don't carry it in your pocket?? I love the fact that it fits the extended battery!!By-the-by, what size is the extended battery this fits??Thanks for your timely response

as of now they do not have a holster for it, but others have said that the one for the trident kracken works with it. and it comes with an extended battery (3200mah) but it should be able to fit normally shaped batteries that are 3500mah and 3600mah. no promises though.

Rsmin
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
as of now they do not have a holster for it, but others have said that the one for the trident kracken works with it. and it comes with an extended battery (3200mah) but it should be able to fit normally shaped batteries that are 3500mah and 3600mah. no promises though.

The kraken holster does work with the electra case but it does have kind of a cheap feel to it.

sierra
09-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I just got this today. Its nice, but now none of my cases or holsters work with it. *sigh* It feels HUGE, but I guess I will get used to it. I just hope the battery will get me through a full day without having to charge it.

I'm wondering if it fits in that 'Dickie' Case I have seen mentioned here. Has anyone tried that?

blackbushido
09-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Hello. Whats that case look like, any pics of it?? Thank you for your timely response

cougmeister
09-13-2011, 05:58 PM
There is a video up of it at this link.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories-reviews/35583-video-review-trident-electra-case-3200mah-extended-battery.html#post416624

sierra
09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
There is a video up of it at this link.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories-reviews/35583-video-review-trident-electra-case-3200mah-extended-battery.html#post416624

I saw that before I bought it. But I am guessing that the person who did the video has much bigger hands then I do. I still like it, but geez....its HUGE! LOL

Here is a link to the case I was asking about. I wonder if this HUGE phone and case would fit into that case?

Amazon.com: Dickies Rugged Pouch for HTC EVO 3D/ThunderBolt/Sensation, Motorola Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Samsung Nexus S, Infuse 4G and other Mobile Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/Dickies-ThunderBolt-Sensation-Motorola-Samsung/dp/B0042LNT8S/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1314847531&sr=1-1)

cougmeister
09-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I was the one who did the video. I actually have small/average sized hands. It might fit in that case but I don't know. Im actually thinking about the holster for the kraken.

sierra
09-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Hmmm....maybe its just me then. I suppose I will get used to it.

I dont really want a holster. I prefer a case. But who knows... I may not have a choice. When you get the holster..why dont you do another video! The first one is what sold me on this! :)

Sefirosu
09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Sorry but I have to ask. Is that website legit? It just seems sketchy.

cougmeister
09-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Hmmm....maybe its just me then. I suppose I will get used to it.

I dont really want a holster. I prefer a case. But who knows... I may not have a choice. When you get the holster..why dont you do another video! The first one is what sold me on this! :)

Will do!
The reason im looking at the holster is cause I have to wear jeans daily n it doesn't go in my pocket as easily as I would like.

cougmeister
09-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Sorry but I have to ask. Is that website legit? It just seems sketchy.

Which website?

bulldog485
09-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Just received the Electra case for the DroidX. Some parts impress me and some ruin the experience.

The hard shell is made well and gives total screen contact for the touch screen.
The buttons on the silicone cover work better then any other product I've tried.
Very comfortable in the hand.

Dislikes:
The Kraken holster is absolutely worthless and will not hold the phone securely. In three days I've dropped this phone more then in 6 months with my Otterbox Defender.
The rubber plug cover over the earphone jack is badly designed and will rip off within a week.
The phone life doesn't seem to be any longer with the extended battery.

Overall I think I'm going to request a RMA and return this to Trident as it is nowhere near the quality of my Otterbox Defender. There is a lot of room for improvement starting with a quality holster. s\

sierra
09-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Just received the Electra case for the DroidX. Some parts impress me and some ruin the experience.

The hard shell is made well and gives total screen contact for the touch screen.
The buttons on the silicone cover work better then any other product I've tried.

Dislikes:
The Kraken holster is absolutely worthless and will not hold the phone securely. In three days I've dropped this phone more then in 6 months with my Otterbox Defender.
The rubber plug cover over the earphone jack is badly designed and will rip off within a week.

Overall I think I'm going to request a RMA and return this to Trident as it is nowhere near the quality of my Otterbox Defender. There is a lot of room for improvement starting with a quality holster. s\

I agree with this for the most part.

The buttons do work well.. but it takes more pressure to use them, but its not a big deal.
My hands are just average, and the phone seems big and bulky to me. I am getting used to it though.

I havent found a holster or case yet that will fit it. Thats really frustrating. With the rubber around it, it doesnt slide in and out of my purse without a lot of resistance.
Yup.. the rubber plug over the earphone jack doesnt stay in place well on mine either. I also expect that it wont last long.

The good news is.. my battery life is GREAT! I can actually go a day without charging it. Since this was my primary reason for getting it, I am willing to put up with the other issues as long as the battery life is better.

Its not what I was hoping for as far as design or ease of use, but the battery is good, so Im keeping it. Still on the lookout for a case though.

cougmeister
09-18-2011, 11:28 PM

Dislikes:

Sounds like you got a defective battery. I've been getting about double the battery life on mine. The headphones piece does seem flimsy, but I've been using this case for a while now and haven't had any issues with it.

sierra
09-19-2011, 02:06 PM
One other issue that I forgot to mention above is the screen cover. I had put it together and then saw a piece of dust that was very visible so I took it back apart again and tried to wipe the dust off with my finger and my nail lightly scratched the screen cover. There isnt a dent or anything like that, but there is a very visible line where my fingernail lightly wiped across it. I have tried to clean it off with a fabric made to clean glasses with, to no avail. So now I have a new phone cover, with a visible mark thats about 1.5 inches long. It seems to blur the screen some directly under the mark. :(
Does anyone know if theres a way to get rid of the mark?

Benjamin19
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I posted mine from my laptop...lets try this again...

I had a couple of questions. I see that this thread is a couple of months dated, but when I ordered my Electra, the picture looked like the one you all have bought. However the one I have has a kickstand and instead of a skin on the outside, the skin is on the inside and the outside is plastic. I went to look at the Trident website and they still have your version. I actually like the way mine looks more so than the one in your picture, but I just found that very curious.

Also I wanted to ask what your settings were in the Battery Monitor to allow it to read correctly.

I also have been looking for a way to turn off the low battery indicator on the stock alert to keep the red LED light from blinking. I am not rooted, so I doubt this is possible, but I figured I would give it a shot.

Shadowstrike099
11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
23604This is from my stock Droid x2. I highly recommend this battery its great if you wanna go somewhere and not have to worry about your phone dying. This is moderate usage, a few games here and there, some music, plenty of texting, and a few web searches and stuff. under heavy use I can still get an easy two days and that's with the same use as above but with about 5hrs of video constant music hookup for my 2hr round trip work drive. The only downside is I use Battery Monitor displaying voltage and anywhere below 10% I expect it to shut off at random. It gets very inaccurate the close to dead the battery gets. that being said I have not calibrated the battery with the paid version.

mizzytheboy
11-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Sick price for sick case. :)