PDA

View Full Version : Hulu Bust?

cleopete
06-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Considering how whipped for Hulu everyone has been since the DX launched, it is really amazing to me how little buzz there has been about the app release. Weird.

Anyway... I ditched CM7 because I kind of like having a working camcorder, what with having kids and all. Hulu worked quite well on my wife's phone which (I think) is still on the first Gummy GB. I'd read somewhere that Fab said it won't play with ads disabled, but I'm still getting "Device not supported". Is this supposed to work with RC2 or not?

cleopete
06-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Nobody is using Hulu? Weird.

fezrock
06-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I think you also have to use it in non-mobile browser mode. I may do it sometime, but haven't tried it yet.

-DX

ben
06-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I can't remember what rom I was using at the time, but hulu worked just fine for me. the only thing I can think of is if you had done any build.prop edits to get early netflix leaks to work. That might give you the device not supported error. Right now I am on cm7 nightly 8 and its working just fine too. Then just make sure you don't have ad blocking enabled, and after you disable it (if you were using it) to reboot your phone and wipe your cache

cleopete
06-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks fezrock, but I want to use the app, not the browser. Ben, I'm using an unmodified build.prop with no Hulu love, I've wiped and sbf's a gazillion times since Netflix. I've had the same results with CM7, Apex RC2, Lib v.08, and I just sbf'd to stock Froyo and I'm still getting the same error. Looks like a similar situation to the first Netflix release...not tech-wise, but in that I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of time and energy to fix an app I'll probably never use. I'm not very smart I'm afraid.

An sbf does reset everything, including build.prop, to default doesn't it?

Womp
06-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Works fine on RC2 here, however, ONLY if I have ADFree disabled...Otherwise it is stuck buffering.

cleopete
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Works fine on RC2 here, however, ONLY if I have ADFree disabled...Otherwise it is stuck buffering.

Not on my phone. It never gets the chance to buffer, "Device not supported".

B3N
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
It worked on cm7 v. 12
Very buggy (choppy)
I went the long way, with the whole
Uninstal this reinstall that.
Not really worth it for me.
I settled for netflix.
Good luck

BigRalphN
06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
I get device not supported stock, on Liberty .8 and cm4dx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cleopete
07-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Well I give up. I've tried 6 different roms plus stock Froyo, all the GB leaks... I've sbf'd using 1KDS's iso, Maderstcok, and RSD Lite with the full VZ sbf. No matter what, I get "Device not Supported". Crikey. My wife's phone works just fine. I have no more ideas and nothing left to try, and having diligently scanned the other forums since the Hulu app launch, neither does anyone else. I have never worked so hard with so little results to fix an app I'll most likely never use (though I do have a nine hour bus ride ahead of me next week).

slacka
07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm right there with you. I even SBF'd to stock, unrooted .596 and still got device unsupported. I have a feeling that you need to have phone that has had absolutely no modifications what so ever. Meaning: the stock out-of-the-box Kernel. Boooo.

cleopete
07-12-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm right there with you. I even SBF'd to stock, unrooted .596 and still got device unsupported. I have a feeling that you need to have phone that has had absolutely no modifications what so ever. Meaning: the stock out-of-the-box Kernel. Boooo.

Most everybody on this forum has modded their phone somehow, and very few of us seem to have this issue. My wife's DX works and it's received much the same treatment as mine. The only difference I can think of is mine is a replacement phone VZ sent after my first one developed a bit of screen burn. It was billed as "refurbished". Maybe they've done something to the phones at a hardware level since the initial launch? Seems unlikely, but I'm stumped.

slacka
07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Most everybody on this forum has modded their phone somehow, and very few of us seem to have this issue. My wife's DX works and it's received much the same treatment as mine. The only difference I can think of is mine is a replacement phone VZ sent after my first one developed a bit of screen burn. It was billed as "refurbished". Maybe they've done something to the phones at a hardware level since the initial launch? Seems unlikely, but I'm stumped.

You might be on to something there; my phone is also an Assurion replacement. Wow, I wonder if they're blocking based on the device's MEID? If the hardware was that much different, it seems we would also be having trouble flashing roms unless there are multiple drivers to account for different hardware.

cleopete
08-17-2011, 02:14 AM
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I fixed it! All it took was updating the radio from .07 to .13, which is weird because my wife's phone works and she's on .07. The important thing is it finally works, and I'll probably NEVER actually use it. Hopefully this will help someone.