PDA

View Full Version : watching movies on droid x

rms0706
06-25-2011, 10:31 AM
We are going to be going on a trip and we like to watch movies on my droid x. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can hook the droid x to some type of monitor or flat screen that would work in the car to make viewing easier for everyone.

SoundQcar
06-25-2011, 11:37 AM
We are going to be going on a trip and we like to watch movies on my droid x. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can hook the droid x to some type of monitor or flat screen that would work in the car to make viewing easier for everyone.

You'll need the 'Real HDMI' app from the market, a mini-hdmi to hdmi cable, and to be stock or running a blurred ROM for it to work. It's tricky to operate, as once connected up, your TV screen actually becomes your monitor for your phone. Get all of that going, then work with it a bit at home before taking it on the road.

My $.02

dvdcatalyst
06-25-2011, 12:49 PM

If you use the build-in video player (Gallery) for playback of your movies, it has an HDMI-out capability. You do need an HDMI cable for your DX, and of course a screen that takes HDMI as an input.

mikeinrichmond
07-06-2011, 04:51 AM
moved to Droid X Audio/Video subforum..