PDA

View Full Version : GingerBread ROMs

naidanirt
06-24-2011, 12:34 AM
are there any good Gingerbread ROMs?
if there is could you post the name and specs?
do i need root and Bootstrapper for my DX?

cory46
06-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Here to go all of them at the top
And yes you need root and bootstrap http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/
I haz interwebz

mikeinrichmond
06-24-2011, 05:03 AM
moved to GB Roms subforum...

naidanirt
06-24-2011, 03:52 PM
There's only one root available for the gingerbread update. And I want to flash roms...

Droid-Xer
06-24-2011, 05:12 PM
WHat build are you on? Also do plenty of research on ROMming and such before you do it

westy
06-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Well.. gotta go with liberty GB 0.7. I've been stable for a long time (month or so) but as everybody says... make sure you read up prior to flashing. Inclusive is radio versions, etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

naidanirt
06-26-2011, 01:24 AM
not on any build at all... unless by build you mean the stock gingerbread update.

Droid-Xer
06-26-2011, 03:25 AM
Yes. You can't root the stock OTA gb. You will have to SBF back to 2.3.340 root and then use the 2 part update zips.

naidanirt
06-26-2011, 04:09 AM
is there anyone thats trying to make a root for it? thats with no sbf or .zips...

Droid-Xer
06-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Probably not. There's already the rooted build out.

Snipples007
06-26-2011, 05:53 AM
Probably not. There's already the rooted build out.

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would waste their time rooting the OTA. If the bootloader version had been changed making an sbf back to .340 impossible, then we'd most likely have seen a way to root the OTA a while ago. But fortunately, that is not the case. :D

Yeah, its got a hemi.

gizmo99360
06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
CM7.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

naidanirt
06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
umm whats CM7?

EDIT: i also heard if a dev picked up the x2 they could be able to find a root for the x1... but idk if that one is confirmed or not

LiveToPonder
06-26-2011, 05:04 PM
CM7= CyanognenMod 7, one of if not the most dominant ROM in the Droid community,for quite a while it was not available for DX to locked bootloader. A work around has recently been found, however it is still very much in Beta testing, and being updated nightly. I would consider it's use right now to be for advanced users, who have much experience both flashing roms, and SBFing if needed. I dont think anyone here would disagree.

That being said, if you wanted to learn and take the plunge, you won't find a more active and willing support structure anywhere but here.

naidanirt
06-26-2011, 06:19 PM
thanks for the help.... i dont think ill be flashing roms anytime soon...
EDIT: because last time i did... bad things happened.

Milkweed25
06-28-2011, 07:51 AM
thanks for the help.... i dont think ill be flashing roms anytime soon...
EDIT: because last time i did... bad things happened.

Bad things won't happen if you read up on all the information from these great people. You asked if there were ROMS and asked about Bootstrapper but then don't want to Flash? If you are asking to find out if it was worth flashing ROMS then well that is only based on everyones individual preference. Some people like Liberty, Apex, CM7, etc. Others just like Plain old Gingerbread. Heck others just like to tweak technology, take it to its limit so they Flash new ROM's daily. It's the FREEDOM to modify your phone ithat makes ANDROID and this Community get together. We learn from others mistakes and we help people that have made mistakes. All that is asked is that you take the time to LEARN the ins and outs of what you are doing before doing it. If you do that then bad things WON'T happen/ or shouldn't happen, but help is here if they should.

naidanirt
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
i did read up... this was made before i read up... i just need to learn to sbf...

Shaun
06-29-2011, 09:36 AM
i did read up... this was made before i read up... i just need to learn to sbf...

SBF is easier than you think, check out this link, it helped me a lot! Most will tell you it's one of the easiest ways to SBF! I'm still a noob to this stuff and learning everyday, but knowing there's an easy SBF to resort back to if I mess up makes me go the limit.. Good luck!

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

swiftmazda
07-02-2011, 09:34 AM
SBF is easier than you think, check out this link, it helped me a lot! Most will tell you it's one of the easiest ways to SBF! I'm still a noob to this stuff and learning everyday, but knowing there's an easy SBF to resort back to if I mess up makes me go the limit.. Good luck!

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

I've used the above method countless times as well. It's extremely easy and doesn't take much time at all. With SBF, it takes a lot to "permanently" brick your phone. Most problems you run into can be easily corrected with a SBF, and the above method does all the work for you. Can't beat that. I'm currently running CM7 and haven't had any complaints. Froyo or rooted GB is a SBF away if I chose to do that.

naidanirt
07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
i needed to re-learn to sbf.... i already did... someone close this thread... its old an i already flashed Liberty...