PDA

View Full Version : Drew Garen

Burncycle
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Long time lurker but I figured I would finally make an account.

New Projects Boys And Girls (http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/News/Entries/2011/6/14_Upcoming_Projects.html)

Read the second paragraph, 6th or 7th sentence. This kinda sent me over the edge.

DroidXDoes
06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Are you talking about the sentence when he said the HE was the one who found how to work around the bootloader?

Burncycle
06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
That's the one! I mean "accidentally" using someone else's files, or whatever, is one thing, but this was a pretty big achievement by cvpcs and all of his hard work. I'm not even sure what to think about him claiming that he did it and cvpcs just "inspired" him, because it is absolutely outrageous.

Also, I probably should have posted this in general discussion but I wasn't paying attention. Sorry!

DroidXDoes
06-23-2011, 01:59 PM
That's the one! I mean "accidentally" using someone else's files, or whatever, is one thing, but this was a pretty big achievement by cvpcs and all of his hard work. I'm not even sure what to think about him claiming that he did it and cvpcs just "inspired" him, because it is absolutely outrageous.

Also, I probably should have posted this in general discussion but I wasn't paying attention. Sorry!

Thats pretty bad.
He really likes taking the credit from other people's work.
I will never be using one of his ROMs.

zoe
06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Quoting from his blog...
http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/News/Entries/2011/6/20_DrewGarens_CyanMod_7_for_DX.html

"Cvpcs inspired me that there has to be a way to bring full AOSP to the DX if you he can port CM7. The good news is that I have found a semi work around the bootloader that will allow me bring proprietary files in while building an AOSP build. (Would be happy to share how)..."

"Well I’ve been compiling for days now..."

and finally leading us to...

"DrewGaren’s CyanMod 7 for DX
Monday, June 20, 2011

So I finally have a build ready for beta testing. It is not the final version of DG CyanogenMod 7 that I will be releasing but it is a stable build. There are no modifications to the build as of yet but in the future final release there will be. The build took for ever to make because it wasn’t properly working on my macs or linux in virtual machine. However, I used a linux box and worked fine.

What Works: I’m not going to list everything, because almost everything works.

What Doesn’t Work: Torch, Camera Currently (However I have fixed this in the next release), 2.3.4 GAPPS Market (Use 2.3.3 GAPPS), "

Wonder if he'd be mad that I reposted from his site? At least I gave him the proper credit and linked to the source.

Droid-Xer
06-23-2011, 02:16 PM
We just had this thread. Closing this one too.