PDA

View Full Version : Gingy sucks so far...

Cbarri88
06-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Since the update my phone has been crap! I have done a hard reset and still have annoying reboots and duplicate texts also force closings on most apps...help o
Please! Running fully stock X with OTA gingerbread.

Sent from my Gingerbread X..

Cbarri88
06-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Also 3g drops all the time.

Wulf
06-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Have you tried dialing *228 option 2 for 3g? And are you using a third party messaging like handcent? If so open up stock text messaging and hit menu key and uncheck notifications and that should help.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

SVDroidDude
06-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Factory reset.

robfromga
06-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Sbf, root, real rom....happy

Cbarri88
06-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Not using handcent just stock everything...did a factory reset 2 days ago and it's still acting crazy! Scared to death to root don't know if ill screw up.

GoBlue13
06-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Not using handcent just stock everything...did a factory reset 2 days ago and it's still acting crazy! Scared to death to root don't know if ill screw up.

I was scared to root at first also, so I read up on all the guides for a few weeks then went for it. It's really rather easy as long as you follow directions and don't panic. Just make sure you read how to do everything before trying and if for some reason you don't feel comfortable doing it afterwards, don't!

CyanogenMod7 Rocks!!!!!!!

Wulf
06-23-2011, 06:26 AM

If you don't want to root take it to Verizon and really complain and they might give you another lol. Although reboots are common with stock or rooted phones.

Cbarri88
06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Would it make a diff if I get a new one? It seems this problem is wide spread...

Wulf
06-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Would it make a diff if I get a new one? It seems this problem is wide spread...

Not always true. I have been one of the lucky ones that has had very few issues or reboots but others have constant reboots throughout the day. Each device can differ from the next. Besides if they give you another it will have GB already installed and some have less issues with those.

rackumrack
06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Since the update my phone has been crap! I have done a hard reset and still have annoying reboots and duplicate texts also force closings on most apps...help o
Please! Running fully stock X with OTA gingerbread.

I agree I sbf'd back to froyo a week ago and applied Apex1.4 and haven't looked back. My battery last me all day with a lot of usage. Love some Apex!!

jkelley74
06-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Boot into stock recovery, and wipe all the caches, and to a phone reset from there. This will reset phone to stock gingy and will also clean up files that might be left from froyo. You will fix your apps and widgets .

Sent from my droid x running cm7 at 1.25ghz (dddaamnn she fast)

SnowBordinPanda
06-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Go back to FroYo and root!

:D

SnowBordinPanda
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I agree I sbf'd back to froyo a week ago and applied Apex1.4 and haven't looked back. My battery last me all day with a lot of usage. Love some Apex!!

I did the same thing!

I'm so glad I did too!

:D

Apex 1.4.1!