What is a quadrant score, what dies it mean

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Following this

FreeMyMoto!!!

jbaucom
06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Tests your system performance and compares it to other phones. Not a very accurate tool though. It is really pointless, actually.

sent from my CM7 DX

mikeinrichmond
06-25-2011, 08:41 PM
This should get good. Hopefully someone brags about their score so another person can rip on em hardcore.
And search quadrant in the market to get a look at it.

We do not permit posts that rip other members, they will be deleted and infractions handed out. This is a friendly forum here to help people with their X's..

@Matt127: Quandrant scores are not all that useful as they do not necessarily relate to real world performance of your device. You can install different Rom's, tweaks, etc and have a couple hundred point difference on your Quad scores, but not be able to tell any difference in the speed of it when actually using the phone...

Nerdslogic
06-25-2011, 08:57 PM
We do not permit posts that rip other members, they will be deleted and infractions handed out. This is a friendly forum here to help people with their X's..

@Matt127: Quandrant scores are not all that useful as they do not necessarily relate to real world performance of your device. You can install different Rom's, tweaks, etc and have a couple hundred point difference on your Quad scores, but not be able to tell any difference in the speed of it when actually using the phone...

The above is true.....but a much better tool, more accurate at least, would be CF Bench....free in market.

Xponentially Better
07-01-2011, 02:04 PM

I realize this but it happened a lot. I had a thread and got ripped for about a day before mods did anything

griz.droidx
07-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Does anything better exist. I would think so since they exist for Linux. I think I saw something to this effect somewhere but my memory is blurred. Blurred get it. No pun intended when I first typed it. I know its corny..

Anyway, since quadrant seems to be pretty much useless, what else is there to go by? Are there any games with a demo mode or fps display? A quick and dirty test on linux is to run a 3d app/screensaver called glgears. You can launch it from a terminal, and just watch the fps every few seconds. There's bound to be something better out there.

And honestly, unless the os is compiled for the hardware (think source based distros like gentoo, arch, etc) I don't see how cm7 could really be that much faster than apex or liberty. I just can't understand it. Is it that much faster? I was on it for a couple of weeks, and I really couldn't tell a huge seat of the pants difference. What are everyone elses thoughts on this? I mean once I had cm7, apex, and liberty all the way I wanted I didn't see huge differences between them. CM7 might have been a bit snappier but not by much, and that could have been attributed to differences in animation settings from the factory that I didn't tinker with.

Xponentially Better
07-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Use linpack for android. It is pretty consistent and rates your phone in mflops or something like that and gives you an accuracy rating as well.

griz.droidx
07-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Hey xpobetter, Thanks that was exactly what I was thinking about.. I will try that..

Xponentially Better
07-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey xpobetter, Thanks that was exactly what I was thinking about.. I will try that..

No problem. Glad to help.