PDA

View Full Version : Android powered mobile audio or head unit

02prix
06-21-2011, 05:34 PM
How can i get a "CD" player for my car that can pound some tunes, with android. I like solid state memory so every song i own is on usb drives and i have a JVC CD player that can barley handle the 20g, but it sounds excellent. Searching for songs is horrible and it takes forever to load and always starts with the first song. I need single din unit so i have been limited as far as getting something that's better. I don't want to play DVDs and i want a fairly small screen. If the hardware could be matched with the android OS it will take the market over, very quickly. Audio tuning,OBD communications,Navigation,Radar detectors, speed logging, ect. endless possibilities. Why can`t i find anything available on the market?

Leach19m
06-21-2011, 05:39 PM
As far as I know, there really aren't any head units that link up with Android like ipods. However, Bluetooth streaming works really well, just need a HU with Bluetooth audio, can be had for fairly cheap or get one with auxiliary input. Neither will let you control the phone from the hu though

Loving me some CM4DX

Snow02
06-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Look at dynavin.