PDA

View Full Version : DX keyboard and monitor

tbrafrica
06-18-2011, 03:24 PM
I like DX but, for many uses it would be nice to have 1) a 12 inch monitor that would show what is on the DX screen and 2) a mini keyboard. Ideas?

HarleyDude
06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Easiest idea, Moto Atrix (course then you don't need the x)
Bluetooth keyboard for the keyboard, I've never tried, so I don't know how it well it works.
Only way video itself comes off x is via the HDMI port, so that would be the only way to get your X on a monitor without a PC involved. If involving a PC, there are some software/app combos that put your X on the pc

Snow02
06-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Bluetooth keyboards and mice work great.

You can use real hdmi for output, but you'd need to turn the monitor vertically since it displays the desktop sideways unless you're playing full screen video. You might be able to force landscape mode though. I forget if that gets translated properly through hdmi.

Snow02
06-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Android screencast works well for displaying your phone on your computer. Then you can use the computer's keyboard and mouse to control the x.

jmartinez748
06-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Is there any way to use the x as a keyboard for the computer?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

tbrafrica
06-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I've used DX HDMI connection to TV and it works for photo/video if I
click hdmi upper right on DC.

The Dx screen did not show on TV.

I do not want to involve computer.

There seem to be many types of bluetooth keyboards, but none seem to be verified for Dx.

I've since checked Best Buy and Radio Shack and it seems that the smallest monitor is 20".

Thanks

Snow02
06-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Is there any way to use the x as a keyboard for the computer?

Yes, gremote. Or mkremote (doesn't work on gingerbread).

Snow02
06-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I've used DX HDMI connection to TV and it works for photo/video if I
click hdmi upper right on DC.

The Dx screen did not show on TV.

I do not want to involve computer.

There seem to be many types of bluetooth keyboards, but none seem to be verified for Dx.

I've since checked Best Buy and Radio Shack and it seems that the smallest monitor is 20".

Thanks

You have to use the real hdmi app to display everything on the phone via hdmi.

Most any bluetooth keyboard should work. They use the bluetooth hid standard.

tbrafrica
06-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks snow02

I can't seem to find in "market" real screen apps for droid x or fon non rooted or shaking the droid for one time transfer. "Mirror' seems to be the right word

There are lots of 7 inch LCD monitors for back up mirrors and back seat TVs starting at about $50.

I understand that there is a dumb tablet in development that docks a non droid x smart phone and more or less achieves the results I want