PDA

View Full Version : sbf problems going back to stock.

mr2guy18
06-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Ive been trying to get rsd lite to work and when i pull up the file to sbf and click start i get a 0.7000 error or something like that and it wont start ive tried different rsd versions and different sbf files and still cant get it to work. im running windows 7 32bit if that makes a difference i dont know. i did find another thread on here that gave you a file to burn to a disk and boot into linux and do it that way but for some reason i cant get that to work. i unzipped the file and burned it i burned it zipped i tried it like 4 different ways but cant get it to actually load when i boot up. (i did put boot from cd when windows does first start up though). i just wanna go back to stock so i can get the rooted version of gingerbread 596 because im on 573 right now. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? thanks!

fnmetal
06-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Ive been trying to get rsd lite to work and when i pull up the file to sbf and click start i get a 0.7000 error or something like that and it wont start ive tried different rsd versions and different sbf files and still cant get it to work. im running windows 7 32bit if that makes a difference i dont know. i did find another thread on here that gave you a file to burn to a disk and boot into linux and do it that way but for some reason i cant get that to work. i unzipped the file and burned it i burned it zipped i tried it like 4 different ways but cant get it to actually load when i boot up. (i did put boot from cd when windows does first start up though). i just wanna go back to stock so i can get the rooted version of gingerbread 596 because im on 573 right now. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? thanks!Are you burning the disk as bootable, or just copying the ISO to the disk?You need to use a program like imgburn, to burn the ISO as a bootable image, you shouldn't have to unzip anything.

mopar-x
06-18-2011, 01:16 PM
You could also use 1KDS Linux CD link below ... works like a champ for me!

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

mr2guy18
06-18-2011, 02:02 PM
I was using nero but just doing the zip file. I'll try that thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

1KDS
06-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes, you have to make sure you are burning the .iso as an image not simply moving the file to a cd, there are some imgburn instructions in the OP of that thread.

Moving thread into the new sbf forum...

mr2guy18
06-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Haha thanks so much! i just didn't do it as a iso file and spend like 6 hours last night trying to figure out why it wasnt working but it worked thanks alot for your help again!

fnmetal
06-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Haha thanks so much! i just didn't do it as a iso file and spend like 6 hours last night trying to figure out why it wasnt working but it worked thanks alot for your help again!we've all been there! Glad you're back up..