PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Forums Giveaway Announcement!!

smalltowngirl13
06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/13smalltowngirl/Sig Pics/dxf-giveaway6.png

Here at www.DroidXForums.com (http://www.DroidXForums.com) we want to start your weekend off right and what better way to kick off the weekend then with a chance to win a Verizon DROID X ESSENTIALS pack! We will be giving away two of these accessories bundles to lucky member's of www.DroidXForums.com (http://www.DroidXForums.com).

What do these packs include you ask? Well, pretty much everything you need for your Droid X / X2. The kit includes an HDMI Cable, Multimedia Station with HDMI technology (includes wall charger), Navigation / Music Vehicle Mount and Vehicle Power Adapter.

How do I win???

Starting now we are opening this thread up for members of www.DroidXForums.com (http://www.DroidXForums.com) to post a reason why you visit the site. We really want to know how the forumhas helped you with the Droid X / X2. Have we been able to get you out of a real pickle with your device? Do you come here because it's the coolest, friendliest Android phone site on the web or because the staff here is top notch? Whatever the reason may be, let us know!

We will randomly pick two members from this thread and make the announcement Tuesday, June 21st.

Good Luck!!

ohbroncofan
06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
I come here because any question I have, can be answered somewhere on this forum. Even better is that if a question hasn't been asked, the problem can be solved by "SOMEBODY" on this forum. Lot's of tricks have been learned by me :starstruck:

LiveToPonder
06-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I joined this forum, after "leeching" all over the Droid community, because I saw the most help with the least "haterism." Not only are noobs welcome here, they are encouraged and assisted in shedding that moniker. Thanks to DXF, not only have I modded my with great success, I have done so with the security blanket of knowing a veritable army is here to bail me out of a jam. I admit, in the beginning I thought I'd get the answers I needed, and be gone. Instead, I find myself refreshing my DXF app first thing every morning. Chill people, are chill people no matter what the setting or topic; just so happens this place is chock full o' of chill people, whom kick a$$ on Droid. Despite what propoganda Motorizon trys to peddle, this place is here to help not hurt. Just my $0.02, and for no prize, just cause I'm glad to have somewhere to say it. Woot STG, and everyone else who help me everyday, from Bootstrap to Boot and back...

Ninja636
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I found this forum when I first ordered my X, and I was able to learn a ton of great info before even receiving my phone. After I got it I was right back on here posting questions and reading other peoples topics. The one thing for sure that I can count on is fast, friendly replies from the staff and members.

Now I still visit this site regularly reading topics and learning more and more about my phone. I try to post answers to other peoples questions whenever I can. Another member here inspired me to make a few graphics for the members here too. :)

ToeJamm57
06-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Getting the Droid X the first time was daunting and coming from the Palm Treo I knew nothing about the new Android platform. I actually joined two other forums before finding this one. The other forums were condescending and treated most questions with superior arrogance. I've said numerous times that the mods, admins, and support people on this forum are patient, polite, and helpful. This forum has taught me enough that I can now be helpful (at least occasionally) to other members. I have become the unofficial Android support person at the office. I have met many great people, learned how to root, install a ROM, and more importantly GET OUT OF TROUBLE!

Thanks!

wilyums
06-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I just come for the ambience!!!LOL Hope that helps me win!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Almo40192
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
This site taught me EVERYTHING I know. Learned how to overclock, root, theme, swap roms, etc. There is a ton of information in this site and is the sole site I use for droid x information. Even when I am not looking for info i still visit because this site has a lot of up to date information on android related topics. For example, around April I saw a post about the Asus Transformer. Just for reading that small post I soon became very interested and ended up purchasing one!

Tons of thanks for forums that are run like this one, which is very seldom. The help that is provided here is unmatched.

Scrapy McSlappy
06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I come here because all the staff and members are just plain AWE.......wait for it......SOME. You guys and gals don't judge me or my ninja emus. Y'all make a poor old Cajun like me feel at home.

Seriously, any question I have I know I can come here and find an answer.

Also if it wasn't for all the talented and patient people here my wife would have killed me by now. Within the first week of getting my x I thought I bricked it.

This site has been a stress reliever as well as life saver.

THANK YOU ALL.

kmudd3
06-17-2011, 05:20 PM
I came here because it had the same feel as the Droid Incredible site that I belonged to...in fact this may be a sister site or something. Anyway, the people here were so friendly and helpful that I knew I found the right home. I am always able to find the exact answer I looking for without having to venture away from DXF.

I remember one time I was boot looping after trying 1KDS's method to SBF and was freaking out...so I PM'd him and got a response in like two minutes and was back in business. I was so impressed!

Its simply been a pleasant experience on this forum

bsbabcock
06-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I joined here to learn about android and how to use my phone. I keep coming back to stay up with DX development but more especially to see what's happening with the great folks here and the developers that make the Droid X great. And without a doubt the fine folks here from admin to other users and developers have directly helped me out of pickles from loops to apps and everything in between. I'm thankful for all.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

onlyred
06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I come here to learn! :D

ryant35
06-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I post here because I love my phone, I love to customize it and make it run better, and I love to help show others how to do the same.

cmospyder
06-17-2011, 05:34 PM
After searching different forums for 2 months I chose Droid X Forums to be my primary source of help and information. The amount of info coming from so many people is mind boggling. The people are friendly and understanding. So many other forums everyone seems to be telling the "newb" to use the search function or Google for any question that they have. Not on this forum. The only ones who seem to be upset are the people who think they have bricked their phones. But after using 1KDS's sbf cd 15 times in 2 days, I think it is almost impossible to brick the X.
I don't post that often but I read and learn something new from here everyday. Keep up the good work.
Thanks everybody for making this such a great forum.

shawn
06-17-2011, 05:37 PM
i came here to learn about my first smart phone luckily i havent messed anything up too bad im a fast learner and every one here makes it feel like home. in just 2 months of being a new member i was suprised to find myself helping out other new members with thing i had been struggling with just a week or two earlier all i can say is i think im a lifer when my x is dead and gone i think im still gonna be hanging around this place.

J_Bone
06-17-2011, 05:45 PM
I first came here to remove bloatware. I learned how to root and do things to the DX that I never thought I could. I then learned how to sbf it back to stock. I check this site multiple times a day to see what's new with roms themes and anything else.
Addicted to droidx forums

snhay3
06-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I found this forum about 2 mos. After getting my X and would not have made my first warranty claim had I found it earlier. Instead of calling big V I would have been able to keep my original NEW phone because just "lurking" (as is my rank) has found all the answers Verizon was unable to supply. I appreciate the help both asked for and searched for. Every day I check in 3 or 4 times at least to see what's to see. Haven't rooted tho I'm not against, just no need for me to.....YET. What a nice community. I guess I really need to go to the new member forum to get the official smalltowngirl welcome because I feel now that's all I'm lacking. Thanks again and in advance for all the knowledge.

Droid-Xer
06-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I come here because I have to. :tongue:

spfdfsm
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I came here because this is my first smart phone. I come here to learn tips and how other people are using there Droid X. When a question is asked, evryone has been helpful and there is not the feeling that you are asking a stupid question. That is what makes a good workable forum. Where everyone is treated the same no matter what question they may ask. I have had my X for 2 months and I am still learning new things about it everyday.

xzavier247
06-17-2011, 05:55 PM
I love this website because its very informative, it has taught me many things about my droid x. It has been a journey through this website. It made, me actually speak to people about the droid x and brag about it.

jloya
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
i started frequenting this thread as soon as ordered my X

it has helped me learn alot about android OS something I knew nothing about in the beggining

I now am much more familiar with android and can help begginings overcome issues there issues :)

more importantly i believe this forum has really set the bar high for me concerning joining other forums....the community here is just freakinnn awesome....awesome...awesome....awesome.....never have I encountered such friendly people willing to help :)

tycoon177
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I come here because this is the best DROID x forum out there! Everyone is very kind and they answer your questions quickly and accurately. This is by far the best forum I've ever been a part of!

Sent from my rooted/gingerbread/fast/awesome droid x

SierraRR
06-17-2011, 06:35 PM
I visit the site to learn everything I can about my DX. This site is so helpful.

Sent from my Droid X with GB

Droidinite
06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I first joined so that I could learn the basics of my Droid x. I than read up alot about rooting, themeing, etc. So I felt bold one day and rooted my device (before one click root) I ran into trouble when I flashed my first ROM. My battery died and I had to rig a USB cable to manually charge my battery. Thanks to the awesome members of this forum I was able to get my X up and running when I thought for sure it was "bricked". That was my first sbf and now I have sbf'd quit a few times. Anyway I have learned so much from the members of this forum and I help out when I can. Thank you all for making this Forum the best!!!!!!

Xponentially Better
06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
I came here because I knew zero about android and got a Droid x. I tried droidforums.net and got many mods that where not polite and trollish so I came here. In a week I learned to root, rom, overclock, ninjamorph, SBF, and everything else there is to know. And I owe it all to the great people at this ssite. Droidxforums.com= my second family.

ravensportal
06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Lets see I joined and read all I could find on this forum about flashing my Droid X so I could flash my device with confidence. I knew if anything went wrong I could count on the awesome members to help me out. Luckily everything has gone smooth several times and all is good. Thanks everyone.

Talon66721
06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
It's really good to see that everyone has had the same great experience as I have! I ended up here from my own stupidity if we can be honest about it, and we're all cool here, so I will. This was my first smart phone. I was clueless and had no right to be doing what I was with it back then. I wanted to root just to get rid of all the bloatware as many do. I still don't know what I even did wrong, but I softbricked it. I panicked, considered saying I lost it, ran over it, anything to make a warranty claim. I know, I'm embarrased for even considering it now. So, I started googling it, and found the forums. Never been to a forum before, but I was desperate. The people who helped me that night were amazingly patient, friendly, and helpful. It took a few hours for them to talk me through it all, but I sbf'd without issue. Didn't know enough to even be scared of sbf'ing. Was a steady lurker for awhile after that.

Eventually, I stayed on here and learned enough to be able to help other noobs when I can. Can't tell you how good it felt the first time I was able to help someone!

I would like to put out a special thank you to STG and Mikeinrichmond! More than once I couldn't get an answer quick enough (sorry for my impatience), and I nervously pm'd them for help. I was worried I was bothering them with something trivial in their eyes, but they were never anything but kind and happy to find an answer for me or point me in the right direction.

The kindness and knowledge from everyone in this forum is nothing short of amazing as I see it. Where else can this many people from all over interact and so rarely be hostile or irritating? For so many reasons, I am quite loyal to this forum!

Sorry about the novella here, but there's a lot of praise that deserves to be acknowledged around here. Anyway, that's my piece, so I'll shut up for now.

mustafaluigi
06-17-2011, 07:39 PM
i use this site as my resource to fix my problems and find out when new cool stuff comes out. I never can leave my stuff the way they came stock and always look to the forums to find out what I can do and what I did wrong. Nothing is better to have a site like droidxforums to share information with other people dedicated to that device. The people on this site make me keep loving my X every time i do something new.

Money Mike
06-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Obviously I joined this forum because I bought a droid x but the reason I stick around is because there are tons of helpful people here at this forum. It's how I keep up to date on what is going on in the droid x world. Plus every once in a while I can share the tips and information I've learned here with another member who has questions about their dx.

HarleyDude
06-17-2011, 07:58 PM
I didn't like having a phone smarter than me, so I came here to learn how to brick it when it gets out of line.
I have learned plenty of ways to do it

Nnnnr12
06-17-2011, 08:13 PM
I used to be just a visitor but recently Ive made an account so I could help other people with there problems!

Usquanigo
06-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I came here initially as part of my pre-purchase research. This is my first smart phone (as you can see in the sig). I needed to explore Android for my employer as I am the IT Dept (yes, all of it), and I saw that BB was on the way out, we needed something better, something that I should be able to support.

Post purchase, it changed from pre-purchase digging, to actual usage and support information. The community here is absolutely amazing. Mostly though searches, and the occasionall post, I've found (or recieved) answers to all of my questions, which has helped not only me personally on my DX, but other people I know and/or support with DXs or OGD/D2's.

It then turned into a place to hang out. It is fascinating to read the goings-on, the latest themes, hacks, roms, tweaks, photos, etc. Plus the OT sub-forum is fun too.

Along the way, it really helped me make that leap into finally rooting, and then going a step beyond into flashing the rooted .596 GB, and learning how to make backups along the way. I even feel confident with SBF'ing now, and I haven't even actually done it yet. lol This place has really empowered me personally with my own handset, but also really enabled me to support the other Android devices like I need and want to be able to.

Thank you to everyone, and especially the staff.

silver04v
06-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I picked up my Droid x at the beginning of the year. It is my first smart phone. I was so happy with my new phone and what it could do. Although, I can't leave good enough alone. I'm one to tinker with everything I have. So I joined the forum, read tons and tons, watched how to videos, which are amazing for a noob, read some more and dove in. I wanted to learn more every day. So here we are, rooted, flashing roms, overclocking, what was all this at the beginning of this year to me. Nothing...I knew nothing before this forum. So glad I joined and thanks for all the help folks.

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

The persuader
06-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Oooooooh!

You haven't seen anything yet...The Flood Gates are ready to be Opened with Knowledge...

This Guys are Awesome...You will soon fine out Who they ARe.....LOL

Chow
Its Bubba

scott021467
06-17-2011, 09:09 PM
I joined the forum shortly after getting my X and I have learned everything from rooting to simple and advanced modding from the community. But more importantly, every time I would read about some new hack or mod to try there has been so many people to hold my hand and calm my nerves when things got scary. It is these reasons I would never think of leaving the community. Even if I am not selected I look forward to what the future brings and what I can learn from the best in android development. Thank you all.

Bgarcia316
06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I like using the droidX forum because it is the best way for me to find out what is the best thing happening for my Droid X!!!!

ashpdwinDX
06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
I joined this awesome forum so I could learn everything about my phone and rooting it. 2 weeks after getting my 1st smartphone, X was rooted and running much faster. A week after that I decided to flash my first rom. Haven't been happier.

The staff and all the members here are awesome and so helpful :D I try my best to give back and help all I can :)

pete bogg
06-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Like several others, I came to this site to research the DROID X prior to purchasing one. I have found the forums useful for everyday issues, and also for advanced topics.

BracesForImpact
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I perused the forums even before deciding on the droid x for my next cell phone. Seeing the wealth of information here, the helpfulness of the posts, members and staff, combined with the features of the phone itself sealed the deal for me.

Since purchasing the droid x about 5 months ago, I've learned how to get the most out of my phone. When I started I knew nothing about flashing an sbf, the different types of droid operating systems (froyo, gingerbread, etc.), and so on. Since then, I've flashed from froyo to gingerbread, numerous roms, and had more fun with this phone than I thought ever possible.

Well done, everyone. Well done.

Countryboy498
06-17-2011, 09:32 PM
I joined mostly for help with rooting, which soon became help with adding custom roms, and when I managed to screw all that up the forums helped me get right back to stock. Everyone here is so helpful and patient even when they are dealing with people who need a lot of extra help such as myself.

Love Droid X Forums!

popcenator
06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I joined the forum after encountering articles on the benefits of rooting, and as I searched, all the information I could find led me here. As I read and read through the forums asking very little questions, I realized how much knowledge there actually was here. I also realized what a great atmosphere it was, these forums are led by some of the most charismatic and friendly people I've met. I wanted to be a part of that. I've never supported a forum before but I quickly realized that this site was definitely worht it. The more knowledge I gain, the more my reason for being here shifts from learning, to helping and giving back to the newer members. We all know how it feels to jump in to something like rooting, and seeing how much information is out there can be pretty intimidating to a new member, so if I can help anyone get to where they're trying to go, or at least point them in the right direction...that's the only reason I need to be here.

CM7 - Missing BB

Sokyoku
06-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Never owned an android phone before and I needed info about my DX so figured an fourm dedicated to DX made sense to be part of. So I joined and damn I'm glad I did, learned so much from this forum that I'm fully rooted, OC'd, ad-free, and bloatware free. My phone most likely will be stock if it wasn't for this forum.

Thanks guys!

spodoc
06-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Joined here because of rooler's guide. It helped me through some sbf troubles last fall and helped me to understand root, roms, nandroid, etc. Stuck around because of nice people like stg, droid-xer, wug, and wicked. Making friends along the way with people like may makes it nice. Reading posts from some of my favorites like Bubba make it fun. I don't think any of this would be so far along w/o garm's screenshot thread.

It's also been nice to watch people grow. Anyone remember when that noob wugfresh was posting that he thought fission was a better rom than gummy because the name was cooler? Now wug is big-time. Occasionally helping someone out has been nice too but honestly dxf is crowded now in that capacity so I feel like I'm not needed in that way compared to how it was last fall. That's a good thing though because it's nice to see people come out of nowhere and really contribute.

In closing dxf has been fun so I like checking in even though I'm kinda set on my rom now (Rubix focused). You never know what your are going to miss. I bet one day someone will get cyanogen on the X. Nevermind, that's dumb. It will never happen with that locked bootloader.

fasthair
06-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Like many I knew zip about Android and this phone when I bought it. So I hit the web and found this great place right off the bat and signed right up.

I didn't know what root or any of the hacks that we do everyday now was. But after reading and learning I took the plunge and rooted the hard way, with ADB no less because one click root hasn't been made for us back than, after having the phone for about two weeks.

Now there isn't anything I won't try knowing if things go bad I'm just an SBF away from fixed phone. And it's all because of this great forum.

I've said it many times. This forum has the nicest friendliest helpful people of any forum I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.

I thank everyone for making my time here so enjoyable!

fasthair

Snow02
06-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Like everyone else, I used to know nothing. I try to pay forward the help others have given me. And sometimes I just like to make snarky comments.

Natey2
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
I came here because this site is named after my phone.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidXForums app.

tlt111
06-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I come to the site to get information from people who are well versed with the X. Being a person fairly new to the world we call android, I need information quickly to help me resolve whatever issue I am having at that time. In addition, I have tried out a number of different sites and none have the base of users like this one. Thanks for running the site and providing resources to advance the wonderful world of android and DROIDX.

eric eakin
06-17-2011, 11:03 PM
i like the colors on the wall.

(oh yeah, here is full of great info and amazing people as well!!!!!)

Amazonfemme
06-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Like most everyone else, I came here looking for information about this wondrous new phone/pocket PC/companion/obsession. Before I was bitten by the Droid bug, I was content with my enV2, if you can believe it. But once I decided to take the plunge, I did what I usually do: research the heck out of it.

After kicking around in a couple of other Android forums for a while, I found myself returning here more and more. The other forums I've visited have been helpful, but a lot of times that help comes with a heavy dose of condescension and/or snark. Not only is the info at DXF top-notch, but the people are welcoming, patient, supportive, responsive, and above all generous. There's a real sense of community here, and that's both rare and worth preserving.

A big "thank you" to everyone -- STG, mikeinrichmond, Wugfresh, 1kds, and all the others who give so freely of their time. You're what Hawkeye Pierce called "finest kind."

Nerdslogic
06-17-2011, 11:49 PM
I came here to learn and help as much as I could.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

mopar-x
06-17-2011, 11:57 PM
I came here to learn how to even ad a widget (or what a widget was) and now I not only know how to do all kinds of stuff but I'm helping people sbf and flash things its crazy seeing as my last phone was a LG 8500 that I couldn't even put mp3s on! So all I have to say is thank you DXF!!!!

YvesSaintYuki
06-18-2011, 03:19 AM
I came to this site because I wanted to learn how to root my phone and flash Roms, now I troll this site everyday learning new hacks, trying different Roms, discovering new apps etc.. I've learned so much from this site it's crazy, I honestly feel like I can teach a college course about hacking, flashing, and anything that has to do with customizing a X.. Wish I would've discovered this site when I first got my X (July '10) I wouldn't been hacking away at my phone a long time ago.. This site has been very helpful to me.. Like a college course on the Droid X.. I can now say I speak 2 languages English & X.. Lol..

milski65
06-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Where to begin. I was a late bloomer with the X (Oct 2010). Bought it for the screen size. But it was just a phone. I had no clue of it's potential. Boy did I get a dose of reality. Started reading the threads about z4 and the doors it opened. I wanted it, but I have to admit I was REALLY nervous, as in puking type nervous, about hitting that permanent root button. But I just kept on looking at the threads, then back to phone, back to threads, and finally pushed it. This may sound stupid, but in a way that day changed my life. Fast forward 3 weeks, and believing I knew more than I really did, wound up with a soft brick trying to load a custom rom. I was like Holy Mary Mother of God, what have I done? I mean, I have a damn good job, great pay, and manage 40 people. But I was so nervous to ask anyone for help. But I took the plunge and reached out. In all honesty, if it wasn't for ABE, I would have dumped the phone, bought a new one, and never came back to this or any other forum to continue on my journey. But he, along with some other great people, took their time (their valuable time) to spoon feed me through the process of getting my phone back to stock. I'll never forget that. Fast forward to today. I've burned 1kds disk (TOTALLY AWESOME), tbh 2 part deodexed, cm7, and am waiting on DS 4.3. All in a matter of 2 months. Still noob to the vast majority of people here, but I've accomplished more here and other forums in that time then I did in any given year in college. This is a life for me. It's required reading multiple times per day, and every moment I am grateful to have this site available. I really do appreciate my experiences since that initial plunge early April, only made possible by the people here.

jakd
06-18-2011, 06:14 AM
I've never joined any forms, cause it always seems like if you don't know the basics let the trash talking begin. This is different. Everyone seems to understand that some of us just don't have the time or skill. That's why I joined. I haven't found a bad thread where people are rude for no reason. This place is great. THANKS TO ALL.

Rolfsted
06-18-2011, 06:36 AM
I come to stay current with everything Droid. I have cm4dx running with everything except Youtube because of what I read here.

chin36
06-18-2011, 06:55 AM
I come to this forum everyday because if i didnt i would just be a regular phone user. I wouldnt be a DX user. With this forum you can find anything and everything you need to make your phone truly yours.
:big smile:

glshub
06-18-2011, 07:00 AM
My wife bought us both miilestone x phones from bluegrass cellular. When bluegrass debuted them I went inand looked at one. They had been pushing the original milestone but when I saw thiis one I tood her would have one sooner or later. I was using an lg force 370 at the time. She took me serious and came home with one. I took it out and was lost. Was like gooing from a chevette to a corvette. I did a google search for milestone x and found this place.. I started reading and in a day or so could do about anything I wanted on this phone (phone isn't close to what these X's really are). I asked a fewquestions and still read every morning and am continuing to unlock the potential of this pocket rocket.I may even try rooting soon. Amazing site!

jmartinez748
06-18-2011, 08:17 AM
I come here because without this forum my phone would be a very expensive paper weight! And to stay up to date with everything for my Droid x. Thank you Droid x forums!!

Chessnut
06-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Please choose me, just brick my case am in need of a new one.

sandtrap
06-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Found you all by accident, but have also found tons of great info here to help me learn my Dx. Thanks everyone for all the great info, just have to search for it sometimes. Great site. Keep up the great work.

hillbilliegreg
06-18-2011, 09:19 AM
I like being prepared, I started combing the internet looking for info on the x a month before I knew I would get the droid (my daughter who works for verizon, gave it to me for bday) I had lusted for the droid x since I first laid eyes on it, being a part of the linux community for years I had a passing interest in the android os and was waiting for the right phone. This community is by far the best of the best, without the knowledge stored here, my experience with the phone would not have been as enjoyable as it has been. I have been able to root my phone, get rid of bloat, work, play and go for more than 2 days without having to charge the battery.
So my thanks go out to all of you, for making this site, the best of the best

Doctor Chronic
06-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I come here because the community is so helpful and mature. A real change of pace from other forums. I also recommend it to my friends who are in trouble because of these reasons. I don't think this site has gotten me out of any sticky situations since I don't think I've had any since I joined, but I can be 100% sure that I've learned a lot from it, and plan on continuing to.
I never tend to win anything online, but I still thought I should express my appreciation for this site.

Carpetman
06-18-2011, 10:54 AM
I got my first smartphone ( Droidx) when they were first released . I immediately started fiddling with my phone and saw many desperate things happen to my phone but the help here @ Droid X Forums has helped me out of what I thought the end of my phone. Just read, read, and then read some more. If the answer isn't to be found then just ask. Great members and staff. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Snag
06-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Ima rootaholic-superuser...halp!

vudugan
06-18-2011, 11:30 AM
The answer is D. All of the above.

tweaker
06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
I came over to this forum from the parent site Droid Forum. Since I only have a DX it made since to be among the users and experts. I'm a lurker. Every question I have ever had has already been asked and answered before I had it. I stop by daily because of: News, ROMs, hacks, mods, themes, etc.

fabtech
06-18-2011, 12:00 PM
I come to this forum to learn. As you can see I do not contribute, as I feel that my knowledge base is in no way beneficial to anyone yet. Learning this phone has been like learning a computer all over again. These forums are always up to date on news and the advice given is sound, correct, and trustworthy. It is the site i recommend to any of my friends looking to mod/alter their DroidX

ArcAngL
06-18-2011, 12:16 PM
I come to www.DroidXForums.com because this site is a priceless treasuretrove of knowledge for the best phone on the market. My phone and I thank you all very much.

c. bagley
06-18-2011, 12:56 PM
I came here because this is my first smart phone. My company said this is what I was getting and I decided I wanted to learn as much as I could and now I have rooted, flashed a few ROMs sbf'd twice, flashed some themes and helped a few people out in the process.

I love this place.

dwcsoup22
06-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I have been coming to this site for the past month for droid news and to figure out how to root my droid x for the first time. This site has helped me out a lot.

mugz91
06-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I began reading the forum simply to gain knowledge about my first smartphone: the DROID X!!! As I began reading about rooting, roms, and themes something curious happened: I began to feel as though this was a place I belonged. Not only have I exponentially gained some serious know-how from the wonderful community here, I really feel as though the cyber personages involved with speaking to me about both X topics and off topic discussions are a great bunch of folks. I wonder if everyone else really knows how rare that is to find these days; especially in the world of the internet. I don't really care if I win or not but this is a great opportunity to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone here. So: THANK YOU.

webbtown
06-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I love this forum just reading posts by others who have some of the same question I have and seeing all the responses. This forum is helping me better use me DROID X.

OcalaFlGuy
06-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I come here because the good information here is posted by owners of my specific phone.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

johnnysyeah
06-18-2011, 04:50 PM
I visit this forums on a daily basis. I love fiddling with my phone and the support given here by other members is very good.
Especially when I am at work, this forums keep me sane from all the constant hectic work related problems I get.

Mace_Bewley
06-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I come here cause there is some smart people here who have helped with my switch from WinMo to Droid!!

Miles
06-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I come here because there is a wealth of information, and any problem you encounter has already been documented and solved. Overall contributing members are welcoming and more than willing to help solve problems. It is also specific to our phones and incorporates outside sources. I like that the forum is open to other forums and information flows freely between sites.

synth3tic
06-18-2011, 06:47 PM
I first came here because Google brought me here! I wanted to learn more about this wondrous thing called 'rooting'. From there, this place has been a great help in learning to make the most of my DX. Topics such as ROMing, SBFing, and DIY bug fixes were easily tackled by reading a few threads and asking a question or two. The people here are both helpful, and knowledgeable, which seems to be something that is hard to find on the intrawebs nowadays.

Droidxuser5
06-18-2011, 06:48 PM
I come here because I love my Droid X and this site helps me use it to its fill potential. I also brick my phone and drop it in a toilet on occasion and this is the best resource for help. I've been a user since 12/27...the day before i got my Droid X.

SimplySweetness
06-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I come here to check up on what's recent and new in DX world to make sure I am all up to date, as well as sharing my thoughts and input to help with different topics. Not to mention, I enjoy sharing the screenies of my DX and even pictures I have taken!

mopsuestia
06-18-2011, 09:48 PM
I started coming here a little before I got my X. It's a great community of folks, and it's great to get information not just about Android, but about the X, which as a Motorola phone (blur, encrypted bootloader and such) is a little bit of a different beast than many of the other Android phones out there.

TurboSE
06-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I visit because the people who contribute to the forum are the most helpful and knowledgeable I have found on any forum yet. They are always willing to help and offer solutions as well help me get the most out of my DX.

skooter16
06-18-2011, 10:51 PM
I come here because this is the only forum strictly for the X! I started Modding my phone thanks to this site and am currently running CM7 thanks to this site. :D

IT HAS FREED ME FROM VERIZON TYRANNY

DesertRatBiggs
06-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Well, before I had gotten my X... I had heard of this thing called rooting. Didn't know how to do it, what it was, or even why to do it. Then when I got my X my curiosity peaked and I had to do more research. Long story short I came here to do that research and a few short days later I was rooted... and of course a few days after that I was running Liberty 1.5. Lol, those were the days... but of course we now have Gingerbread and CM7... needless to say... I'm never going back to stock again!!

jacklad
06-19-2011, 12:55 AM
I've had many phones, and this is the first one that I haven't almost immediately started thinking about what was next - great support from developers, and just a solid product - couldn't be happier!

rackumrack
06-19-2011, 07:38 AM
I have really learned a lot about the capabilities of the Droid X. I have learned how to install custom roms and themes that I would have had no idea how to do had I not joined the forum. I am currently running Apex 1.4 on Froyo and love it. Hope I win I plan on hanging on to my DX for a while....Im very happy with it.

TwinkleFingers
06-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I started coming here last year when doing my research as to which phone to upgrade to (coming from the BB Storm). I've done a lot of reading for news and tips, but hadn't gotten into anything too technical until GB came out, and I decided to take the plunge and manually update to rooted .596. At that point, I did a LOT of reading and asked a few questions, and I love the support and sharing on here! Now I'm looking at CM, and from what I've read it looks great, but I think I'll wait for the known issues to be fixed. But I'm reading multiple times a day to keep up on the latest.

All in all, this is a great community of users - and more tolerant of less well-informed users, shall we say, than some others I've participated in.

jayc2640
06-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I started coming to this site shortly after getting my Droid X. Since then, this site has proven to be an enormous asset, solving problems, providing information on updates, and informing me of the coolest new apps. I love the fact that unlike so many other sites, this site is model specific. Several of my co-workers are now the proud owners of a Droid X, and I have referred them to this site, and they love it!

Keep up the good work!

gufemur
06-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I joined this site after getting my first android device (the Droid X, obviously) and found that there were no instructions on how to really use the phone. I found that this site has the best resources for learning to really get the proper use out of the phone. People here are very knowledgeable and can help get you out of a bind.

nolanrupp
06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
This is by far the best site to learn anything about the DX or Android in general. The members and mods are very friendly and always more than willing to help. Im glad the X2 came out so this forum and it's community will stay alive.

rudyy
06-19-2011, 02:08 PM
because there is plenty of good information, people are more than willing to answer questions and they're friendly.

Daucus
06-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I came to this site, to learn how to root my droid x2 and also to keep updated on my new device and news regarding it.

dxguy
06-19-2011, 06:10 PM
i visit this site for general knowledge about my phone. if i have a question, or just want to learn even more in depth how to manipulate my phone.

i have found many useful posts on this site, and everyone here is very helpful.

im glad that i stumbled across this site, and will continue being a regular member of this site.

Mirage887
06-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I use this site to get the latest updates for custom roms and droidx news.

tr501
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
I have had a lot of smartphones trough out the years, but when I stepped into the world of android I must admit I was lost.That's when I found this site. I along with all my friends have benefited from the knowledge along with the helpful attitude that is contained here, no matter what the problem or question you have someone is out there to offer you a solution or answer to the problem at hand.
It is a pleasure to belong to such an informed group of people, who appreciate how cool it is to carry your database in your pocket rather then leave it sitting on your desk.

rckhndphil
06-19-2011, 06:55 PM
I come here to see what cool new roms and ideas there are here for me to try

Sefirosu
06-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I joined this site roughly about one month after I bought my X. I heard that it was very easy to customize. I read a few threads on rooting and Titanium Backup. I spent a few hours just reading up on how to do this properly. I think a day after I joined, I was getting help from Wug and 1KDZ with rooting my phone and installing roms. They were very helpful. Ever since then, this is the place I always come to for any issues that I have with my X. Everyone here is so willing to helping people out.

With what I've learned, there have been rare occasions where I've felt comfortable helping people out. This is a great community and I am glad to be a part of it.

markiepaul
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I come here because the forum is specific to our phones, which is a major plus. Any questions, concerns, anything, will get answered a thousand times over by the great community. Thing about other forums is many of the senior members can be rude and obnoxious to a lot of new posters and it doesn't seem to be tolerated here which makes the overall experience a lot better.

JCizzle93
06-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I joined DroidXForums because I was having a problems with the Gingerbread update for my Droid X and im really glad i joined because its a very friendly community and i like how its specifically for the Droid X which is really good and its just a great forum over all, you guys post updates on stuff on the home screen and have links to any part of the forum i would wanna check out like the Droid X Games, Hacks, etc. =)

cw0974
06-19-2011, 11:53 PM
so many reasons to come to this forum
1. i had trouble with froyo when the zip file bricked my phone. it helped me get back on track. thanks to everyone
2. i get help for modding my phone, themes, and apps that i might not have heard of if not for this site.
an example of this would be the "amazon free app of the day"

just a lot of info packed in here that can help out people like me, who's not so tech-oriented and mess things up haha.

TideFan22
06-19-2011, 11:54 PM
The X was my first smartphone I came here to learn about my X and what it could do, after I learned about my X and hacking it I stayed and tried to help as many people as I could when they had troubles, still helping out when I can. I also keep up to date on all the X goodies on here that's been released, and mostly I come here cause of all the cool people on here and I consider this forum my X's home. Hands Down best forum with the best people on the net

Some smooth running Blue Steel CM7

pmbasehore
06-20-2011, 07:47 AM
I started coming to this site to research various issues and options that were plaguing my phone. I originally had an Omnia, and the Omnia forums were so helpful I wanted to stick around for the Droid X equivalent. I was not disappointed! These forums have the right balance of high-level tweaks, low-level questions, and miscellaneous "fun stuff" that it simply blows the other Android forums out of the water.

jwalz
06-20-2011, 08:06 AM
The droid x was my first smart phone and it was the first time I ever rooted rom'd and themed my phone...and it's all because of ppl at dxf..I began just reading posts then I and after a week of that I had to root then another week later I had to flash my first rom and I have not looked.neck since..the ppl at dxf are some of the friendliest ppl around and are willing to help anyone with any problem. I can't tell you how many times I had said "I have a dumb question ..." the response would come.a minute later and at the end would say no such thing as dumb question and glad I.could help..with that said dxf RULES.

back to stock froyo :)

polarbehr
06-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Single best place for me to get help about my DX!

wagman67
06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I joined because I love forums that are helpful with the products I own. I visit as many forums on the subject at hand and then choose who I think is doing the most complete job of sharing useful information and bookmark that site. In the the case of my Droid X, this forum is the standout.

keithd203
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Welp, I'm a new Droider, only had my X for two weeks and I absolutely love it!! I've visited this forum many times searching for answers to issues I've encountered, as well as general questions I've had on games or rooting, etc. However, I have to be honest . . . I just joined the forum today because I saw this giveaway thread.

Although I've found this forum to be very friendly and helpful, and I certainly intend on visiting it daily, I don't want to misrepresent my reasons for joining. Nevertheless, whatever my reasons this is a great forum from which I have no doubt I will find answers to whatever future issues I encounter with my X.

bigmook
06-20-2011, 10:41 AM
I come here for up to the minute information and help with my x. I don't have to wade through other android models information. I also come here in case I can help anyone with my limited knowledge. Thanks for all of the help

TheJustPull
06-20-2011, 12:21 PM
I came here before I bought my DX to learn about it and have been coming back ever since. The tech knowledge I have learned off of here is priceless and the people on this board are terrific, always willing to lend a hand!

dkharvey
06-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I check this site daily for news and information about my Droid X! I would feel so dumb if I didn't have this place to search for the answers to my questions. Haven't found one yet that couldn't be answered here. :)

bophead
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I visit this forum daily to keep up with the news about my DroidX. A site dedicated to this phone instead of Android phones in general. The forum has helped me successfully root and update my phone and has given me hints and tricks on how to keep it running in tip top shape. DroidX Forums Rule!

jerry42570
06-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Last week I was looking for easy solutions to upgrade my froyo-rooted device to rooted GB. Discovered this forum in some search results. I belong to other forums and they all seem helpful.

I did get stuck in a bootloop flashing back to sbf and found the reason why and how to fix here.

snowboardwcu
06-20-2011, 06:18 PM
so much knowledge and too little time...wait, reverse that.

gunner1982
06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
The ppl here are awesome and very nice and helpful as can be... And oh yea I like turtles

TiggerGrrr
06-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Hello I am a new and I mean new Droid X owner.

After checking out 3 forums, I decided on Droid X Forums because of the quality of posters and how they contribute. Hell everything is here in this community. The leaders on this site are very good at explaining aspects of the Droid in a way that enabled a totally clueless ex BB user such as myself to get the Droid:

1) Dropped back from GB .596 to Froyo 2.3.340 with 1KDS's linux program.
2) Root the phone with Z4 Root
3) Install a version of GB .588
4) SBF the Droid with Bootstrap 2
5) Learn about custom ROMs and make a choice. (Liberty GB v.08)

This was done with probably 3 mistakes on my part. I was still able to reboot back and move forward in spite of my mistakes. This shows the skill level of those in this community and their willingness to share so those who want to be a part of the Droid experience can without getting frustrated and giving up.

Thanks a lot!

BHuber09
06-20-2011, 09:43 PM
This forum has helped me by giving me all the knowledge to help me trick out my phone. And when I try and trick it out to much and mess up my phone people here are so nice to help you, I was on DROID forums but I've came over here recently and I love it more than anything.

FreeMyMoto!!!

behemoth
06-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I joined here about a month after I got my phone, and have visited every day (multiple times a day) since. The staff here is the friendliest I've been around on forums, and by far the most helpful community since the intertubes were invented by Al Gore.

I've been saved from brick city more times than I can count, and now, thanks to my experiences, I've been able to help some people on my own. Oh yeah, the screenshot thread has definitely opened up my creative side. ;)

Thanks staff and members, you've made this the best Android community on the net.

WARDNEAL
06-20-2011, 10:32 PM
First post. Great fourms. Soon to own a new Droid X.
Thanks Neal

TheIronGiant
06-20-2011, 10:32 PM
I joined DroidXForums way before I got the phone. I always like to be prepared for something and know all about it before I buy it especially when it is a high dollar item like a phone. I usually find the best forums and stay their, because I always get answers for my questions, find out new things about my sweet Droid X, and the community is sweet. A good clean place this is, and I like it.

Xponentially Better
06-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Did I win?

DroidXWinning
06-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I can't express how valuable DroidXForums is. I love how the site evolves around the Droid X and not a combination of other phones and devices. There is so much data out there and it can be very overwhelming. DroidXForums allows me to get the specific information that I need and lets me get on with my day. I am more efficient thanks to DroidXForums!!

DroidXDoes
06-20-2011, 11:33 PM
I joined to help and be helped.
BTW I already have an essentials pack so count me out, but wanted to post anyway.

meanbee
06-21-2011, 02:56 AM
See its things like this that keep this site a almost everday thing to do for me. i came to the site to root and explore my "real" options for my x. since then i have got involved in alot more than just a simple root. the "professionalism" of the site is great they let you explore the capabilites, help when needed, suggest new things or updated old things but they do it in a very professional way. which i think is important when dealing with corperations such as moto and google, when they hear "hack" they think bad im sure but after a small amount of time viewing the site im sure they would see things here are legal and as i said very professional. also the site stays pretty much to the core on droid x while shining light on other topics and things to come. the senior members, devs, and most everyone else are not just seeking priase here like other places for the most part they just like helping out another member. so for that alone i am glad to be a part of this community. thanks for all the help thus far and into the future.

dnelms
06-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Last November, my wife and I were trying to decide on an iPhone or Droid X. I started the usual research and almost every search pointed to these forums for answers. So I visited, joined and have not looked back since. We got the Droid X... any questions I had, I was able to find or get answered here. Now i come back on an almost daily basis to look for some news, undiscovered tip that may help, but most of all to learn from a very knowledgable group.

burick701
06-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Because you guys know more than the Verizon reps do lol.

anomaly
06-21-2011, 09:18 AM
i come here because its a friendly fourm that has all the awnsers.

i check back daily to see whats new in the droidx world and look for new roms and or tweaks.

thanks for making a great place to stay current and tweaked out. :excited:

jmack11
06-21-2011, 10:09 AM
This site has helped me unbrick my x about 10 times or so, maybe more. I learned about rooting with my droid 1, and when I upgraded to the X, I had so much more to learn. This site helped me learn about sbf'ing, model numbers, md5's, the difference between 2.3.315, .340, 2.4.596, and the guys on this site have made it soooooo simple with their links and mirror sites for easy downloading. Even though they know so much about this stuff, they really put themselves in the 'noobs' p.o.v. sometimes when explaining this stuff (they don't "tech talk" it up all the time) and they never seem to lose their patience with our ignorance. Thank you countless times for turning my expensive paper weight back into a phone again!!!!!

Quickly, yesterday I bricked my phone cause of a low battery, took it to Verizon, they said they couldn't fix it, and were going to send me a new one. I went back there later after reading threads here, and asked if i could borrow a charged battery. I thought i could sbf if I had a full battery. They didn't have one, ended up having to borrow a friends battery. was able to sbf back to 2.3.340 no problem...phone fixed with NO help from Verizon, only the dev's at DXF!!!

P.S. I don't just come here to fix my phone, there's everything you need here for the X. No need for Verizon at all.

niteman11
06-21-2011, 10:29 AM
I come here because of the great information here and support. This is a great forum.

MJC
06-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I support 50+ droid X devices (plus a few Droid 2 Globals and 200 blackberry devices) at the company I work for. The forums have been a great resource for collaboration in resolving issues (especially with Exchange servers) as well as preventing issues by learning from other members trial and error. This is also a source of news on upcoming apps, updates and related devices I know I am going to have to support as soon as any company exec wants the new toy.
The resources here have also saved my butt when I almost bricked my phone, with the information here I was able to get the needed SBF and restore to factory defaults before missing any important calls.

Thank You for all your help and looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

andrew.nichols
06-21-2011, 11:04 AM
The up to date information and help

venom
06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
i come here for the things DX related.

Shooter308
06-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I visit this forum because of the great wealth of knowledge others post to help the rest of us unbrick our phones, install ROMs or themes, or with just custom application installation tips and tweaks. This is honestly the best DroidX forum on the Internet!

10forty2
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Droid X Forums is probably the single, most informative knowledge base for all things Droid-X!! I really didn't know anything about my device when I got it, but after spending a few hours on here reading the posts and participating in active discussions, I now feel confident to use my smartphone to its fullest potential. Thanks to all posters and especially to the knowledgeable and friendly administrators of this forum!!!

inceptor
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
For all the reasons given above and more. I need a place to go where I could get the information I needed in a very timely mannor and without a bunch of politics! I searched the rest and chose the best...DroidxForums.com is the best place on the web to get your X up to it's best; what ever the best means to you. Rooted or not, plain jane or rocket powered. This place does the X justice....Thanks to all the members!!!!

MICHO
06-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Bug guts

RookieRooter
06-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I come here to get what ever info I need for my DroidX. Whatever the need is - there is always someone there ready and willing to help. I may not know very much - but what I do know I have learned from this forum and I am convinced that I would know more if I simply had the time to read more. Keep up the good work.

sweller
06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm here because this is IMHO the best collection of authorities on the subject ANYWHERE.

dana10879
06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I joined because this is the best place to get information for any issue that I may have with my X. I have searched every other outlet to find ways to solve X problems and I always find the answer here! It is easy to navigate and has fabulous members and staff! Awesome place to visit!!

njabler
06-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I use this site when I'm bored at work or when I have a problem.

Snag
06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Learned all things root here, dos, donts, reviews-always know someone has been there done that.

Illini79
06-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I typed in droid x forums on google and bam, this was the first site that popped up:) Just like others have mentioned, the folks here are will willing to help out someone who doesn't know wassup. Heck, I was trying to sbf for the first time and a member gave me his number and we talked for over an hour. All he was trying to do was to help out. You WILL NOT find that on any other site/forum. Goto another site and ask for help, you will get a smart butt response, did you search in the box up there or something of the lines. This site, people help out other peeps far and above and that in itself is the beauty of droidxforums.com Now, can I get my first liked?:P

Snag
06-21-2011, 07:43 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!

Ha! Felt like a winner for a sec huh?

smalltowngirl13
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Closing thread...winners will be selected at random by a "random number generator" app from the market!!

Good luck to all the participants...

smalltowngirl13
06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I have had a lot of smartphones trough out the years, but when I stepped into the world of android I must admit I was lost.That's when I found this site. I along with all my friends have benefited from the knowledge along with the helpful attitude that is contained here, no matter what the problem or question you have someone is out there to offer you a solution or answer to the problem at hand.
It is a pleasure to belong to such an informed group of people, who appreciate how cool it is to carry your database in your pocket rather then leave it sitting on your desk.

I come here because without this forum my phone would be a very expensive paper weight! And to stay up to date with everything for my Droid x. Thank you Droid x forums!!

Congrats to the winners!!

Please PM me a valid shipping address...

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c757c926-5e5c-7196.jpg