PDA

View Full Version : Phone Call Volume

Matt127
06-15-2011, 11:25 PM
My phone call volume seems really quiet when i'm on the phone, it's hard to hear the other person. Is there a way to make it louder and yes I make sure the volume is always up.

210droid
06-16-2011, 11:02 AM
I know what your talkin about. It really sux having to use speaker to barely hear others while cruisin down the highway.
Rummy needs to fix this crap on liberty!!!
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

JoJoLanny
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
I have the same problem. Glad I found this post, Matt.

syntaxprime
06-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Have you tried the EVRC-B trick? It worked for me. Here is what you do since it changed in Gingerbread:

Dial ##7764726 (same as ##PROGRAM, I find this easier to remember)
Hit the dial button and it will ask you for a password.
Keep hitting "0" until it stops taking, on mine it is six 0s, I heard it could be seven
Tap Verify
Tap option "6 Test mode"
Tap next twice
At the top of this screen change your service option to "EVRC-B"
Hit the home key and you're all done

Hope this works for you.

Matt127
06-18-2011, 02:09 PM
This wont screw up my phone will it

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

syntaxprime
06-18-2011, 04:24 PM
This wont screw up my phone will it

I think I read that it shouldn't even affect the volume yet it did for me. I think I also read it can, in rare cases, prevent you from making calls. The good news is if it happens you can just as easily switch it back.

I forgot to mention you have to reboot for the change to take affect. I don't know what anything else in there does so I don't recommend messing with it.

Carpetman
06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Have you tried the EVRC-B trick? It worked for me. Here is what you do since it changed in Gingerbread:

Dial ##7764726 (same as ##PROGRAM, I find this easier to remember)
Hit the dial button and it will ask you for a password.
Keep hitting "0" until it stops taking, on mine it is six 0s, I heard it could be seven
Tap Verify
Tap option "6 Test mode"
Tap next twice
At the top of this screen change your service option to "EVRC-B"
Hit the home key and you're all done

Hope this works for you.
How about on Froyo ?

syntaxprime
06-18-2011, 06:12 PM
How about on Froyo ?

That's where I started doing this. I found it by accident cause I had trouble hearing and came across this thread: http://www.techerator.com/2011/01/simple-droid-x-hack-can-greatly-improve-call-quality/

This is the Froyo instructions. What I posted earlier I found somewhere else after I switched to GB and had the same issue. This articled says it does increase call quality, the other stuff I mentioned that may but more than likely won't happen I found in different forum somewhere. Since I never had a problem I don't remember what forum it was.

Snow02
06-18-2011, 06:17 PM
The vocoder setting does nothing for your call quality. It has to do with how your voice is encoded and potentially benefits the person on the other end of the call only.

syntaxprime
06-18-2011, 06:34 PM
The vocoder setting does nothing for your call quality. It has to do with how your voice is encoded and potentially benefits the person on the other end of the call only.

As I said earlier, I did read that somewhere. Of course I would like to know if it does not do anything on our end then why is it that I can hear the other end better after doing this? I do not profess to know better than the next person what this does. I am simple sharing what I found to work for me, and I have mentioned what I have read about it.

It is each persons choice to do what they wish with their phones. These forums were designed to help people that wanted to do things to customize or improve their phones. You yourself said it "potentially benefits the person on the other end of the call only. " This sounds like you are not sure if it works or not.

Again, it works for me even thought people have said, as you, that it should not yet no one can tell me why.

Snow02, is there a danger to the phone or the person for trying this out? Cause I've been doing this for months and nothing seems to have happened yet.

Snow02
06-18-2011, 07:08 PM
No, there is certainly no harm that can come from it. And I say potentially only because when there even is any difference it's likely negligible in most cases.

And if you say it helps you, I won't argue that there is a perceived benefit. However, the vocoder setting designates the voice encoding method and does not effect what comes through your speaker.

Either way, it doesn't change call volume at all, and primarily decreases the amount of background noise you transmit.