PDA

View Full Version : Casing for extended battery!

johnnysyeah
06-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Hi everyone, I just bought a new extended battery from Amazon: here (http://www.amazon.com/2300mAh-Extended-Battery-Motorola-Compatible/dp/B004LO9Z1G/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1307932988&sr=1-5)
Was wondering if anyone bought that same one or similar and would happen to know of any Droid X cases that would fit the new bulkiness.
I like the feel of it, pretty big and adds a little more weight but I can deal with that.
I just don't like the idea of my X being bare naked like that.
It'll hurt me 3 times more if I drop it.

J_Bone
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I got the 3500 from amazon. I made a cut out case for my wife, but mine is naked. I bought one of those $1 silicon cases off amazon and cut out the battery area. Protects the phone but not the battery cover.
I miss my hard body glove case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

johnnysyeah
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I should've bought an even more mAH battery! This battery I'm using is awesome, I'm almost at 24 hours and it's still going.
Hm, that sounds like a doable idea, J_bone. Maybe I'll try that.
I'll just need to find some tools to nicely cut it.

Shawnmooney2
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM
i bought the one verizon sells and its a piece of garbage, my standard battery is better... what a rip off that was... but my case still fits

johnnysyeah
06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Must be because I'm still in the process of calibration my new battery. But I've been at "<10%" for the 4 1/2 hours, and my phone is still running.
The only thing I toned down was the Display, which I put to 0/255.
I drove home from work for 35 minutes and the whole time I was using IM pro+ and listening to Pandora radio.
Right now I'm watching Netflix just waiting for the battery to die so I can do a full uninterrupted charge, haha.

psychotic_penguin
06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
The only problem with these batteries is since they aren't OEM the X doesn't read them properly, case in point being at less than 10% for more than four hours. I have the extended battery on my X2 and had one on my X both were reliable and gave me well over 20 hours with regular use.

Would you post a picture of what yours looks like with the modded case?

johnnysyeah
06-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, if you could post a picture, that'd be great, J_Bone.
I'm looking on Amazon for a nice cheap case that would be not too difficult to cut up.

psychotic_penguin, is that battery issue still ongoing for you? I was hoping a 100% battery stat reset, then use till it powers down, then full charge it up with no interruption would make the X read it properly.
It'll be too bad if it doesn't work.

But even then, I pretty much know how long it could last on average running at "<10%" so it'll still work.
I'll just have to bare with the red LED light blinking constantly, haha.

sgthwjack
06-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Been thinking about one of these for my Gorilla Gadgets 3500. Not expensive and seems to get good feedback.

Custom Case for Motorola Droid X extended battery/door - eBay (item 130493403448 end time Jul-01-11 09:34:23 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130493403448&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

psychotic_penguin
06-16-2011, 10:15 PM
I use the OEM Extended Battery, I never bought anything else when I read about what I posted. What you can try is a wipe battery stats or get the app called Battery Calibration https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result

(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&feature=search_result)Maybe that'll help a bit.....another option is Battery Left https://market.android.com/details?id=com.preinvent.batteryleft&feature=search_result

johnnysyeah
06-16-2011, 10:46 PM
That casing looks pretty nifty, sgthwjack.
Let me know how well it works with the extended battery.

psychotic_penguin, yeah, I used battery calibration to start it.
It's been charging for almost 2 hours now, I'm gonna let me sit there for another 3-4 hours.
Then we'll see tomorrow if it worked!

sgthwjack
06-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Will do that for sure. Just about 6 or so miles from me so shouldn't take too long, LOL.

J_Bone
06-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I have tried all battery apps and none of them work. I've wiped and cleared cache. I just run mine how ever I want and charge over night while I sleep.

Here's a pic of my wifes phone. That ebay one looks sweet though.

johnnysyeah
06-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Was it easy to cut out? And if you didn't mention it was your wife's phone, I would've thought you were into pink stuff ;]

I'm assuming the calibration won't work for my phone either. So I'll probably just run it from day to night and get an overnight charge.

J_Bone
06-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes, im into pink stuff! I don't care for brown eye stuff like other dudes. ; ) Its not my carpet either, I'm in a hotel on vacation. : )
But its real easy to cut out. I use an exacto knife with a new sharp blade. Took about 30 seconds to cut out.