PDA

View Full Version : GB tweaks, who's doing what?

silver04v
06-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I've been with dxfs for awhile now...learned tons, recently flashed my first rom after being rooted for so long. On gb 596 regular odexed now.
Now my questions are, I've read about tweaks like imosyen(spl?) tweaks, build prop tweaks, and maybe others. What are these, what's the benifits?
What is permission fix? When, why and how is it done?
Does anyone know if there is a crt animation only, zip for 596? Would I have to flash to deodexed first to flash crt? What's the cons of deodexed if any? I thought I read before it can be less stable and a bit slower? Truth behind this?
I think that's it...big thanks to anyone who would like to help out.

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

JNEHAMA
06-16-2011, 12:52 AM
I've been with dxfs for awhile now...learned tons, recently flashed my first rom after being rooted for so long. On gb 596 regular odexed now.
Now my questions are, I've read about tweaks like imosyen(spl?) tweaks, build prop tweaks, and maybe others. What are these, what's the benifits?
What is permission fix? When, why and how is it done?
Does anyone know if there is a crt animation only, zip for 596? Would I have to flash to deodexed first to flash crt? What's the cons of deodexed if any? I thought I read before it can be less stable and a bit slower? Truth behind this?
I think that's it...big thanks to anyone who would like to help out.

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

Theoretically, deodexed version should be a bit slower but it is so minute it has no real life difference. I always go with a deodexed build because I like changing things around and I have not found any reason to be odexed.

Yes you would need to be deodexed to apply the CRT tweak and almost any type of theme change (except launcher themes). There are several ways to become deodexed, you can simply apply TBH deodexed 596 zip without a wipe, and there are some deodexer zips floating around. The later are good to have because if you ever boot loop from a tweak, if you apply this in CWM recovery it usually fixes it. I will try to find some links to pos but check the theme subforum under gongerbr hacking section. Other nice tweak is font changing.

One thing you can do is change your bootlogo and boot animation without being deodexed. There are many threads here and at xds wit flashable zips as well as non flashable ones. There are also two great apps for that Boot logo changer and absolute systems. The later has dozens of bootanimations to try and fonts once you are deodexed.
There's alot more but that's a start. I'll look for some links to post.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

JNEHAMA
06-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Here are two links. The first can give you more info @deodexing. The second has the CRT, battery icon tweaks and a deodexing zip. TBH deodex zip can be found in the gingerbread something for everyone thread stickied in gingerbread forum here.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/21960-deodexing-explained-how.html

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/7684-mod-various-battery-icons-w-10-crt-off-gb-596-requests-accepted.html

Here's a screenie of my homescreen, go launcher with theme, the battery, and status bar were ninjamorphed in but there are lots of flashable ones. The contacts icon is minimal text widget which opens up my favorite Contacts folder that I created with folder organizer. The last two are apps that do not need root, but are great for customizing.

silver04v
06-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Can anyone explain to me a few of my first questions? Thanks

cory46
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Ok going to do it the best I can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Imoseyon: memory handling tweaks, governors, basic functions your phone does... if you know Linux you can really tweak this it can make your phone "snappier" I in some instances and even handle certain multitask scenarios better.. not for everyone but in general.

Build.prop edits can change these:

Phone ring delay
Scrolling speed through lists (like app drawer/contacts )
Time intervals for WiFi search for an access point
Dalvik VM heap size
LCD Density
Android 2.2Market display
Enable hard key lights to stay on while the screen is on
Proximity delay (screen coming back on after phone calls /moved away from your dome, ect)
Keep certain things higher priority in memory like launchers

I haz interwebz

zeppelinrox
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
I guess not too many DX users utilize the V6 SuperCharger (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-hacks/28382-lag-redraw-problems.html)?
DX2 users are loving it (it's a sticky) :)

cory46
06-23-2011, 07:42 PM
naw I used autokiller memory optimizer for a while but with some of the custom roms including imoseyon tweaks and such I found I didn't need it really.. but I have heard good things about the supercharger script

DroidJunk
06-23-2011, 08:04 PM
You actually do not need to be deodexed to change framework (the crt mod). Framework is not odexed. You dont need to be deodexed to "Theme" either, it's just that most people think so. You can pull the apk, decompile and/or change images and then push it back without being deodexed. I run an odexed system except for 1 apk where I wanted to change some code. That one had to be deodexed so it would include the code when decompiling.

silver04v
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
You actually do not need to be deodexed to change framework (the crt mod). Framework is not odexed. You dont need to be deodexed to "Theme" either, it's just that most people think so. You can pull the apk, decompile and/or change images and then push it back without being deodexed. I run an odexed system except for 1 apk where I wanted to change some code. That one had to be deodexed so it would include the code when decompiling.

How come I've read about boootlooping flashing the crt off of odexed 596?

cory46
06-23-2011, 08:24 PM
That I haven't an answer for but you don't need to be deodexed for a theme, they are correct when they say that. I would probably be able to tell you better if I ever ripped apart the crt mod and how it was made but I haven't ... sorry for an inconclusive answer.

iphonekiller
06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
I guess not too many DX users utilize the V6 SuperCharger (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-hacks/28382-lag-redraw-problems.html)?

I use V6 on CM7.....its frickin sweet! I like that you have several different options. I will always use it no matter what ROM I have.

iphonekiller
06-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Zeppelin, just realized who you are....excellent work man! You rock. I'm going to read your whole post about the V6 tomorrow. Keep up the good work!

zeppelinrox
06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, it does make android even more of an iphonekiller :D

My Milestone is basically unusable without SuperCharging... minfree tweakers like AKMO help a bit but it gives you no idea of what's really going on or what apps are in what grouping

Zeppelin, just realized who you are....excellent work man! You rock. I'm going to read your whole post about the V6 tomorrow. Keep up the good work!

heh... I actually cleaned it up a bit earlier... well... the first part anyway lol

cory46
06-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Well, it does make android even more of an iphonekiller :D

My Milestone is basically unusable without SuperCharging... minfree tweakers like AKMO help a bit but it gives you no idea of what's really going on or what apps are in what grouping

heh... I actually cleaned it up a bit earlier... well... the first part anyway lol

I would have to agree with you on that..... I haven't used it but those will stick after say updating a nightly.... nevermind dumb question because your only usually wiping cache..... welp.. guess its time to get supercharged haah

DroidJunk
06-24-2011, 07:01 AM
As far as the CRT mod and bootlooping, I would think either they had other problems are more was done to the mod. The CRT mod is actually a one line edit in an XML within framework.

silver04v
06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
As far as the CRT mod and bootlooping, I would think either they had other problems are more was done to the mod. The CRT mod is actually a one line edit in an XML within framework.

Have you installed the crt only onto odexed 596? I haven't found the crt only for 596, always has a battery mod on it.

DroidJunk
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I actually do my own mods and have some battery mods and a couple of other things. If you send me a pm with your email I can compile a 596 framework with CRT only and put it in a zip format to install via clockwork recovery.

JNEHAMA
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
I use V6 on CM7.....its frickin sweet! I like that you have several different options. I will always use it no matter what ROM I have!

I've been using it since I learned about it 3-4 weeks ago, though it took me @a week to get through the entire thread at XDA. It's worked beautifully on Liberty and CM4DX!

Thanks Zeppelin!

zeppelinrox
06-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Wow... somebody read the whole thread?

I'm happy that you like it... or else you'd be pissed lol

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

dburgessme2
06-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi all!

I'm looking for the CRT Mod for for rooted, deodexed, 596. I've seen links which include battery mods but just want the CRT. I already have my battery changed as I want it. Is this available?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

DroidJunk
06-24-2011, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=dburgessme2;354663]Hi all!

I'm looking for the CRT Mod for for rooted, deodexed, 596. I've seen links which include battery mods but just want the CRT. I already have my battery changed as I want it. Is this available?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

To get the CRT you will have to replace framework. If you want the battery mods you have also you could decompile your existing framework and make the CRT change then recompile.

dburgessme2
06-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I appreciate the quick reply. I suppose that's why I couldn't readily find a place to "get it" by itself. Decompiling/recompiling may be more than I need to get into. Replacing framework....would that change all my notification bar changes that I've done through Meta/Ninjamorph? And, if it does, would I be able to replace them again after the framework is replaced?

If it only affects the battery, then could I change the framework and then only metamorph my battery back to the .png I have now?

Thanks you much!

DroidJunk
06-24-2011, 03:14 PM
It could change some of the status bar stuff depending on what you have done. Some is in systemui and some in framework. I would think if you did everything through metamorph you could take the crt only and make your changes again. If you know how to pull your framework you could send it to me and I could add crt to it then send it back.

dburgessme2
06-24-2011, 04:04 PM
If you know how to pull your framework you could send it to me and I could add crt to it then send it back.

I'll have to think on that. I imagine I could copy the framework via root explorer. Send to you and then overwrite with the new one when it was done. But, if that was the case, couldn't I just use one of the CRT/Batt mods that comes as a zip file and give that a go (install it in CWR)? If things change, I could work from there to change them back as I like?

Thanks again!

DroidJunk
06-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes you should be able to do that. I'm still up for it and would send it back in zip format to install via clockwork. I've pushed framework via adb once and bootlooped so I use zip format for most system files.

silver04v
07-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Anyone tell me what spare parts app people are using, I'm seeing a few in the market. Also anything else like this to do small tweaks in the market?

cory46
07-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I think is this one http://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidapps.spare_parts

Another app some people use is absolute system and root tools

I haz interwebz