PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Dock for my Droid X??

fsand
06-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Ok so I love the phone, etc., etc., but everyone who has a stupid iphone has like 100+ different docks with speakers and stuff. I use my phone as an alarm clock and all the rest and the sound just isn't loud enough so I would like to get a dock that has speakers, slip the droid in and I am in business. Anyone know where I can find one? Or any other ideas? Thanks all in advance!

poolgod10
06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
any set of portable speakers that has an aux jack will work (least inexpensive can be found a wal-mart or discount retailers such as Big Lots, Ocean State Job Lot, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc.)

MutantCheese
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
How about using the Moto desk dock and getting a set of bluetooth speakers?

fsand
06-17-2011, 11:51 PM
How about using the Moto desk dock and getting a set of bluetooth speakers?

Can I find a set of those inexpensively? Any idea where? Thanks that sounds like a really good idea.

MutantCheese
06-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I found several listed on ebay for around $50

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1v using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
06-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Or you could post in this thread... http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-news/29768-droid-x-forums-giveaway-announcement.html ...and tell us why you visit this site and forum...you could win an Essentials Pack that has a Media Dock and Vehicle Mount...worth a try - right?

tomwoolston
06-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Many docks for iphone have an auxiliary input jack on the back. If they have it, they need a 3mm male to male stereo cable, which may come with dock as mine did. I have 2 such docks that I use and they sound great. Fry's Electronics or costco. The need AA or AAA battery power and some have wall chargers as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fsand
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
@Mutantcheese, thanks man that looks about exactly what I am looking for. And the fact that I can put them separate from my cradle is even better. All I need to do now is sort through 1000+ listings. Thanks for the info!

@smalltowngirl12, I could go there and do all that and maybe win the essentials pack, then I would have two of those though :D "media dock" such a bad word in the case of the droid x because if it truly was a "media dock" with some speakers then I would be set. What it really is is a bedside night table charger with a clock. I mean don't get me wrong, I like it, but it really is lacking some basic stuff I need. But I think I will go there and tell everyone why I come here anyway, quite obviously because you guys have the best answers :D

@tomwoolston, I really don't want to plug anything else in there when it is in the cradle to charge. Just makes for a pain, but I thank you for the info!

1KDS
06-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Moving thread into the Droid X Accessories forum

sweller
06-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Got junk? Access to some basic tools? Build one: 19496

If it doesn't have to be a dock:
Motorola MOTOROKR (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MOTOROKR-Compact-Folding-Speaker/dp/B001DQQD6A/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308750148&sr=1-6)

Even better, search Amazon for "folding speakers" or "portable speakers." I was surprised at the assortment of dock-like alternatives.