PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say this, buuut..

jesscepticon
06-15-2011, 12:54 AM
I am finally bored of my DX. I go through phones like nobody's business, this is one I've had the longest though, because of everything I've done to it. I am considering upgrading to the incredible dos, and giving the man this phone.
I don't know what can re-interest me. Anyone have any new cool roms or launchers, or anything at all for me to try?! :3
I also feel like I have been away from the forums for too long. So hi everybody! How are all of you doing?!

Bkdodger
06-15-2011, 04:12 AM
I am finally bored of my DX. I go through phones like nobody's business, this is one I've had the longest though, because of everything I've done to it. I am considering upgrading to the incredible dos, and giving the man this phone.
I don't know what can re-interest me. Anyone have any new cool roms or launchers, or anything at all for me to try?! :3
I also feel like I have been away from the forums for too long. So hi everybody! How are all of you doing?!

Hi Jess ...all is well here in dx land...lol. hope you are well ...and I would take a look at the CM7 threads bc you will have something new to play with for your dx....;0)

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.8

Droid-Xer
06-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Don't get an inc2. Crappy phone. If you want a new one grab a charge or wait a few months for some beastly phones to come out. Also check out the cyanogenmod section. Great new rom out.

Bkdodger
06-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Don't get an inc2. Crappy phone. If you want a new one grab a charge or wait a few months for some beastly phones to come out. Also check out the cyanogenmod section. Great new rom out.

Ohh yes forgot the phone part lol

Def wait it out for end of summer sure to have good choices ...

Sent from ÍlGato's X
Liberty GBv0.8

jmartinez748
06-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Take it back!!! Lol like others said check out cm7 and with this 2nd init out our x's will become very interesting very soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

jesscepticon
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
You can't really take a phone back after 6 months.

Ill check those threads out. I haven't flashed anything since liberty 201 so it might be fun. Thanks guys.

macpro88
06-15-2011, 01:55 PM
iPhone!!!

J/K

Check out CM7 if you are bored, defiantly worth while...

jesscepticon
06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Never. Never never.
Never never never. I swear if my daughter asks me for an iphone ill have to disown her. Lol.

macpro88
06-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Never. Never never.
Never never never. I swear if my daughter asks me for an iphone ill have to disown her. Lol.

Haha, my mom just got one, she loves it, but she NEEDS something that simple and easy use. I like it as well, but I love being able to customize Android to my liking!

CM7 coming tonight when I get home, should be fun, check it out.

jesscepticon
06-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Haha, my mom just got one, she loves it, but she NEEDS something that simple and easy use. I like it as well, but I love being able to customize Android to my liking!

CM7 coming tonight when I get home, should be fun, check it out.

I was messing around with my friend's and it's just not user friendly at all, not only that, but limitations on customization and useage. I see why so many people jail break them. I almost went apple a few years ago, I'm so glad I got the original Droid instead. Now that I've discovered how much this dx can do, ill never stray away from android :3.
My little girl's first phone will be a Droid lol!

jmartinez748
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
You can't really take a phone back after 6 months.

Ill check those threads out. I haven't flashed anything since liberty 201 so it might be fun. Thanks guys.

I meant take back what you said about being bored with it lol

jesscepticon
06-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I meant take back what you said about being bored with it lol

Haha oh, hokaaayyy. Well no, it's boring me lately.

rudyy
06-17-2011, 03:18 AM
anybody who thinks there's a lack of customization for an iphone should look into it further.
I am far from a fanboi, but jailbreaking my ipod opened a world of stunning themes.
ithemers theme lockscreens, weather widgets, icons, springboards, transition screens, etc. their themes are typically more than 100 mb, bc they are so complete.
do yourselves one favor. look up oAsis HD theme, or any by bAdGBTeam.
some are so nice I use their wallpapers on my x.
yes, I love my droid x.

Leach19m
06-17-2011, 04:01 AM
Wow! Just looked at oasis HD...that is pretty impressive

Sent from my Droid X, which Netflix thinks is an HTC Vision!

rudyy
06-17-2011, 04:25 AM
yep, and there are plenty, though the nicer ones and newer ones cost as much as $3, not so much that i've bought 3 or 4.
also, you have to use a text file to change the weather widget wallpaper to your location.
the themes have a number of text html files you can modify to change the theme.
but they're doing some nice work, and like android devs, I follow them on twitter.
sometimes I forget which platform they're discussing.

dwgreenstreet
06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
look up oAsis HD theme, or any by bAdGBTeam.
some are so nice I use their wallpapers on my x.
yes, I love my droid x.

Oh man. Now you did it. Think I'm gonna buy my daughter one for her 25th birthday in a couple of weeks. Was going that route becouse all she's interested in is taking pictures videos and texting and I want to get her on unlimited data before they change over and I'm hoping that with a better camera I'll be getting better pictures of the my grandkids. After seeing that theme I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my hands off of it. lol. :wink:

rudyy
06-17-2011, 10:56 PM
there is little doubt an iphone is in my future, but i'm going to wait awhile.
the ideal device for me would be an ipod touch in an iphone case with an ipod classic's 240 gig hd.
the touch is just too thin, and protecting the chrome back is ridiculous.
i'd like to see someone port ipod themes to android.
just saying, more is better.

rudyy
06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh man. Now you did it. Think I'm gonna buy my daughter one for her 25th birthday in a couple of weeks. Was going that route becouse all she's interested in is taking pictures videos and texting and I want to get her on unlimited data before they change over and I'm hoping that with a better camera I'll be getting better pictures of the my grandkids. After seeing that theme I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my hands off of it. lol. :wink:

don't know if those kind of themes can be used on unjailbroken devices. you might check on a site called themeit.

dwgreenstreet
06-17-2011, 11:16 PM
don't know if those kind of themes can be used on unjailbroken devices. you might check on a site called themeit.

I figure if I can learn how to root I can learn how to jailbreak. :nerd:

NUNsLAUGHTER92
06-17-2011, 11:26 PM
I figure if I can learn how to root I can learn how to jailbreak. :nerd:

Jailbreaking isn't hard at all (:
Three programs I know of are redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze, and greenpois0n

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dwgreenstreet
06-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Jailbreaking isn't hard at all (:
Three programs I know of are redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze, and greenpois0n

Oh man. I have a hard enough time keeping mine and my son's X's tweeked. Just got around to putting ginger on his last weekend. He lives with his mom so I only get to play with his when he's here.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
06-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh man. I have a hard enough time keeping mine and my son's X's tweeked. Just got around to putting ginger on his last weekend. He lives with his mom so I only get to play with his when he's here.

Well try out redsn0w, I've heard that's best on and I haven't had problems with it :D
All you have to do is download the 650 megabyte iPod or iphone file then use run the program.

spodoc
06-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Jess I hear ya. Once I got a rom install that worked it kinda took all the urgency out of checking threads and keeping up with things. I still check in regularly to see what's up. Hope all the negative stuff faded away.

rudyy
06-18-2011, 12:55 AM
yep, jailbreaking my ipod was almost a cinch. went to iclarified website, downloaded the software, followed step by step visual instructions.

too bad, the most important step was left out: deselect the option that launches itunes when you connect the phone. it stalls the process, killing it.
other than that, it was a cinch.

you'll also have to use ifile to change parameters in html files that come with themes. ie, searching yahoo weather for your particular weather code, etc.

fezrock
06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi jess- glad you're poking around here again. CM7 is quite different and very interesting for me since the DX is my first android. And the GB roms are great too! All worth waiting a few months for the real toys to come to market IMO.

Fellas- hijacking a thread with apple talk? It does seem like a worthy topic of discussion, but should have a thread of its own for others to find.

:)

rudyy
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
sorry

jesscepticon
06-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Jess I hear ya. Once I got a rom install that worked it kinda took all the urgency out of checking threads and keeping up with things. I still check in regularly to see what's up. Hope all the negative stuff faded away.

Definitely so. Then I was like ohhey cyanogen cool beans let's try it! Then I go to make a backup added BAM. BRICKED DX. I'm not a happy zombie with this new thunderbolt. I want my dx back.

Sent from my partially incompetent thunderbolt using Droid X Forums

jesscepticon
06-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi jess- glad you're poking around here again. CM7 is quite different and very interesting for me since the DX is my first android. And the GB roms are great too! All worth waiting a few months for the real toys to come to market IMO.

Fellas- hijacking a thread with apple talk? It does seem like a worthy topic of discussion, but should have a thread of its own for others to find.

:)

WIN! I dislike Apple as a whole. Awe dx is your first? I started off with the original droid, then I got the r2d2 cus I'm a nerd. Then the dx.
Unfortunately cyanogen is very touchy and very different from other roms I've used, and one small mistake cost me a 700 dollar bricked phone. Not cool. I couldn't sbf it either. So now I'm running on a thunderbolt. Sense UI is really really by far, worse than motoblur lol. It's a tad laggy. Can't even size it up to how amazing my dx was. Hopefully ill be able to restore it eventually.

Sent from my Partially incompetent thunderbolt using Droid X Forums

mikeinrichmond
06-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Definitely so. Then I was like ohhey cyanogen cool beans let's try it! Then I go to make a backup added BAM. BRICKED DX. I'm not a happy zombie with this new thunderbolt. I want my dx back.

Sent from my partially incompetent thunderbolt using Droid X Forums

Since it's 'Off Topic' anyway, Jess the Thunderbolt takes some getting use to and getting it setup right is key. I finally found a great combination in using Gingeritis Final 1.0 as the Rom with all the sweet HTC Sense 3.0 'bling', and Imoseyon's lean kernel v 3.0.1 for better battery life...Netflix, camera, Nav., everything works like it should, so much so that it's been over a week now and I haven't flashed anything new, which may be a record for me.. :)

Here's the info:

Gingeritis Final v1.0 (make sure you d/l the MR2 radio found in the install instructions)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis v1.0 Final [6-13-11] Updated!!! (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13899107&postcount=1)

Imoseyon's kernel:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [GB Kernel] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel (3.0.1GB 6/7/11, v3.1.6cm7 6/17/11) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13940102&postcount=1)

jesscepticon
06-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Ah thank you for that! I know 'Droid Does!!!' Is over there on the forums aswell, he gave me info on how to root so far, it looks a little intimidating, but this time I have insurance haha! I'll be giving it a try soon. It sure makes me miss z4. How is this phone on overclocking, undervolting, etc? I just had so much more going on my dx.
It doesn't seem to have as awesome roms as the dx, but then again this phone is still very new.
I guess it will take a ton of getting used to, and patience with the service randomly cutting out issue ><.

Garemlin
06-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Never. Never never.

LOL I just bought my daughter one. She wanted a smart phone and was willing to pay the extra $$$ for the unlimited data plan. And I got her less than year old 32GB iPod Touch out of the whole deal too.

mikeinrichmond
06-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Ah thank you for that! I know 'Droid Does!!!' Is over there on the forums aswell, he gave me info on how to root so far, it looks a little intimidating, but this time I have insurance haha! I'll be giving it a try soon. It sure makes me miss z4. How is this phone on overclocking, undervolting, etc? I just had so much more going on my dx.
It doesn't seem to have as awesome roms as the dx, but then again this phone is still very new.
I guess it will take a ton of getting used to, and patience with the service randomly cutting out issue ><.

The new MR2 radio fixed that for me, and there are lots of different Rom's/kernel combinations to try, but getting it rooted is the first order of business. Some kernels will have the scripts for OC/UV written within them. You can also use the SetCPU app from the Market for this as well...

jesscepticon
06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
The new MR2 radio fixed that for me, and there are lots of different Rom's/kernel combinations to try, but getting it rooted is the first order of business. Some kernels will have the scripts for OC/UV written within them. You can also use the SetCPU app from the Market for this as well...

This sounds all too complicated lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid X Forums

jesscepticon
06-19-2011, 10:44 PM
LOL I just bought my daughter one. She wanted a smart phone and was willing to pay the extra $$$ for the unlimited data plan. And I got her less than year old 32GB iPod Touch out of the whole deal too.

Lol well if she's paying for the extra costs, and you get her ipod, I say that's a decent deal!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Droid X Forums