PDA

View Full Version : i HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING GINGERBREAD BUT HAVE QUESTIONS

cobracon71
06-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I am currently on liberty 2 but have my original stock nano backup of my phone and want to try gingerbread so my first concern is i want to make sure i do this correctly so any advice on how to go about this would be appreciated.

My second concern what are the pros and cons of switching what makes gingerbread so much better than the system i am currently on?

Thanks in advance

popcenator
06-13-2011, 11:23 PM
I am currently on liberty 2 but have my original stock nano backup of my phone and want to try gingerbread so my first concern is i want to make sure i do this correctly so any advice on how to go about this would be appreciated.

My second concern what are the pros and cons of switching what makes gingerbread so much better than the system i am currently on?

Thanks in advance

Boot into clockwork recovery and wipe data, then restore your stock backup, then download parts 1 and 2 and install via clockwork recovery, then reboot and you're on GB. If you want to go further, you can get the Liberty Toolbox Donate version and flash v.8 of Liberty over GB.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/27636-official-dx-gingerbread-2-3-3-4-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone-82.html

Gingerbread is smoother, more responsive and more stable than Froyo.

Ginger-Bluebread Liberty DX

cobracon71
06-13-2011, 11:54 PM
thank you

popcenator
06-13-2011, 11:55 PM
thank you

Very welcome.

Ginger-Bluebread Liberty DX

cobracon71
07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
So i finally tried to update to gb and am getting the big E error in sdcard status 7 what am i doing wrong i wiped data went back to stock via clockwork backup used droid2 bootstrap and tried installing with error HELP

fnmetal
07-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Make sure you use a file verifier to be sure the md5 checksum matches.. probably a corrupt dl.
also, in cwr before flashing the 2 gb zips, wipe data/cache/dalvik again.
If md5s match, you might want to try an sbf to stock froyo, 1kds' live CD is the easiest way: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html