PDA

View Full Version : What cases are out there ?!

dschwartz0815
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
So my Droid X has no case atm but i am looking to buy one but not from verizon, most likely off ebay. But i keep my phone in my pocket alot and take it in and out so it cant be any of thos gelly/rubber feeling ones that have a grip to them. But it also cant be to bulky like the Otterbox, i need something sleek and smooth to the touch but can protect my phone cause god know i drop it more in one day then a thumbless midget would in a month

rackumrack
06-12-2011, 06:20 PM
The Naztech Vertex case is a really nice, non bulky case with silicon and hard outer shell. Comes in about 6 or so colors.

maineultraclassic
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Incipio case is great for pocket carry. Silicone inner case, and a hard outer case. Provide your own screen protector and you're fully protected.

Steve

dom707
06-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Naztech vertex is awesome and you can find it for around $12

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

OcalaFlGuy
06-13-2011, 03:57 PM
The Naztech Vertex case is a really nice, non bulky case with silicon and hard outer shell. Comes in about 6 or so colors.

+1

The one piece smooth silicone ones, not the gummy ones are decent too for a down and dirty
quick and easy case. I have the black one that looks like carbon fiber from VZN that I used
while I was waiting for the Naztech case to come in. I liked it well enough to keep as a back-up.

You can't beat the Naztech for the money. Same protection as the Incipio for 1/2 the price (I think).

Bruce in Ocala, FL

sforsyth01
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I have 4 different cases for my Droid X and I have to say the best one for daily use is the OtterBox Commuter. And the best for protection is the Trident Kraken.

The incipio is nice but shows way too much wear after just a couple weeks.

SimplySweetness
06-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I agree with the Naztech Vertex, as well! I just got mine in a few days ago (pink) and I absolutely LOVE it! It even comes with a screen protector. The only issue I have had with mine is the silicone having little ridges where it was cut (which can easily be fixed with a razor blade) from and the plastic not completely covering the silicone, but it's not a huge deal. I'll post some pictures of mine.

dschwartz0815
06-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Simple im guessing you carry yours in your purse right ???(Not judging or nuthin), but i carry mine in my pocket 24/7. Is it the kind of silicone where it has a grip to it and ill have problems pulling it out my my jeans/cotton shorts ??

dom707
06-20-2011, 12:05 AM
I have the green vertex and I carry it around in my pocket all the time with no problems. The silicon is very smooth and not super sticky like cheaper cases. I wear basketball shorts and have no problem taking it in and out even in those

TideFan22
06-20-2011, 12:27 AM
I wish someone would make a case that would fit with a seidioonline 2600mah extended battery

Some smooth running Blue Steel CM7

sweller
06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Search the forum for TPU Cases. They're only $7 with free ship and he gives us a 10% discount on the first order.

My first case was an Otter. I really, really liked it, until particles got between the screen and the integrated protector. Then the touch sensitivity got screwy and I had to remove it.

jloya
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
anyone find a case yet that has a slit for a credit card or ID?

I wish i could find one...

JoeX
06-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't want to post an ad for the company, but there's a place online with really really inexpensive cases. Some companies sell similar for $20 (US) each these guys have them for $2 (US). I figure the qualify is cheap, but at that price I can purchase several. Drop me a DM.

sweller
06-20-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't want to post an ad for the company, but there's a place online with really really inexpensive cases.

Why not?:http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/3851-tpu-cases.html#post44153

I'm interested.

Alpha25100
06-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Why not?:http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/3851-tpu-cases.html#post44153

I'm interested.

Me too!!!

JoeX
06-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry, I got busy.

I have nothing to do with the company, but I use them for computer and audio cables. The cables are cheap and seem to be well made.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! (http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp)

Check on the left-side menu about 3/4 way down under Accessories.

RipVanWinkl3
06-20-2011, 10:33 AM
I recommend the Otterbox case.

JoeX
06-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I recommend the Otterbox case.Most of my co-workers have Otterbox. It seems to be the case of choice around here.

smurfin66
06-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I bought a carbon fiber looking one off of eBay for $4 that is perfect. I also have to put it in my pocket.

Sent from DŽ°|d X APEX 2.0rc2

JoeX
06-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Why not?:http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/3851-tpu-cases.html#post44153With the discount http://tpu-cases.com is a pretty good deal too.

bfboy
06-21-2011, 08:59 AM
So my Droid X has no case atm but i am looking to buy one but not from verizon, most likely off ebay. But i keep my phone in my pocket alot and take it in and out so it cant be any of thos gelly/rubber feeling ones that have a grip to them. But it also cant be to bulky like the Otterbox, i need something sleek and smooth to the touch but can protect my phone cause god know i drop it more in one day then a thumbless midget would in a month

Your sig is annoying the heck out of me. I realize IP hacking can be done, but it still sucks.

J_Bone
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I have the Body Glove hard case. Its thin and slides in and out of my pocket all day.

sweller
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Sorry, I got busy.

I have nothing to do with the company, but I use them for computer and audio cables. The cables are cheap and seem to be well made.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! (http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp)

Check on the left-side menu about 3/4 way down under Accessories.

Ah - Monoprice! (http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp) They have LOTS of my money. :wink:

Droidgasm
06-23-2011, 08:49 AM
In my humble opinion the Otterbox is top shelf for durability and doesn't really add a tremendous amount of bulk. I leave it off during the week, when my phone goes from nightstand to car dock to desktop dock at work, then back to car/nightstand. The case is only a weekend thing.

jonathon1289
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I currently have the Otterbox Defender on my DX with the OEM extended battery. I am looking for a new case, with a hard external shell. The otterbox hangs up in my pocket and gets stuff stuck all to it, so a case with the silicone on the inside and hard external shell is what I want. However, I hate the stickon screen protectors, and that is why the Otterbox is a huge plus for me as the screen protection is builtin.

So..are there any hard shell cases with a builtin screen protector? The Trident Aegis (iPhone Covers And Cases, Cases For Apple iPad, iPod & iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S & Motorola Cell Phone Cases, HTC Evo & Incredible Case (http://www.tridentcase.com/product_30_75.html)) looks like what I want, but not a built in screen protection.

keithd203
06-28-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm using a silicone case I bought off ebay for $6, probably a TPU now that I look at that links posted earlier. I had to alter the case to fit my GG 3500 battery. I've heard that several companies are working on a case for the GG batteries, hopefully someone will come out with one soon.

spodoc
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM
anyone find a case yet that has a slit for a credit card or ID?

I wish i could find one...

Search the forum for jawcase. I'm not sure if that one ever got off the ground but it had a CC slit.

SimplySweetness
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Simple im guessing you carry yours in your purse right ???(Not judging or nuthin), but i carry mine in my pocket 24/7. Is it the kind of silicone where it has a grip to it and ill have problems pulling it out my my jeans/cotton shorts ??

Sorry, never checked back on this. I carry mine around in my hand, purse, pockets, apron at work etc. Mine wouldn't be in the same spot 24/7 since I get texts and calls and then have to charge it at night :-P

AZDroid99
08-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Otterbox commuter, love it! No issues taking it out of my pocket (stop wearing skinny jeans people! LOL) and fits well with the extended battery. Dropped on concrete once (while sitting in a chair) and it doesn't show a scratch!

the side flap that covers the HDMI and USB ports doesn't always want to stay closed like you'd want it to, but b/c it also has the hard shell, the flap is in enough so it doesn't get on my nerves or cause any problems.

akeezy
08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Body glove. Nuff said. I got it for $30 from Verizon. Imo its the perfect case cuz it's not too thick or too thin and protects it well. I drop this thing all over the place and no damage whatsoever

kennyfool
08-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I have the Otter Box Commuter Series case my my X and its super sleek. it only adds a couple of millimeters to the thickness and it does have some silicone, but it doesnt get in the way. My phone slides right out of my pocket. I've dropped it about 4 times and each time, my little heart breaks but thankfully nothing happens to my phone :) I also have it wrapped with some Ghost Armor which I also recommend because it's just a plastic layer around the entire phone. Plus when you install it they give you a lifetime warranty.

gbrinn
08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Have the Verizon case/holster. Tried the Otterbox Defender, but it made the phone into a brick...

dAi
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Incipio case is great for pocket carry. Silicone inner case, and a hard outer case. Provide your own screen protector and you're fully protected.

Steve

+1

Sent from my DROIDX

akeezy
08-14-2011, 02:53 AM
Body glove. Nuff said. I got it for $30 from Verizon. Imo its the perfect case cuz it's not too thick or too thin and protects it well. I drop this thing all over the place and no damage whatsoever

Scratch that completely. The Motorola Droid X TPU Case is what I meant. It's a slide in rubber case and the backing is a strong plastic. You can get it much cheaper here though: http://www.handhelditems.com/motorola-droid-flexi-skin-case-smoke-p-140817.html

The body glove case is ugly and looks like crap haha

Scooby7274
08-17-2011, 10:02 PM
+2 Love my incipio.

+1

Sent from my DROIDX

dAi
08-23-2011, 12:28 PM
+2 Love my incipio.

I prefer it than the commuter case

Sent from my DROIDX

Batman8
08-23-2011, 12:35 PM
I know you are trying to avoid Verizon and buy off the net, but I recently bought a Droid-X case & clip from a Verizon store that I actually LOVE. It not only is light and sleek (IMO) but has protected my phone twice when accidentally dropped on CONCRETE!! The newest version on this case now also has a built-in kick stand in the back for watching movies!!!

For $29.99 you can't beat that. It's the only case of it's kind that they sell so if interested just stop by a Verizon store and ask about it. They'll know what you're talking about unless you talk to a newbie.

killhog
08-23-2011, 01:28 PM
That's the case I got. Its ok I'm just looking to get one with a extended battery. The stand on it kinda nice but I've never really used it much. But its not a bad case at all

Sent From My Beastly DroidX

TideFan22
08-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I got the trident electra battery bundle and i love it

From my newly updated Simply Stunning X

Lane W
08-24-2011, 02:34 AM
I read good reviews @ Droid X Forums about this Ballistic SG Series Case for Motorola Droid X I bought Saturday 8/20

Here's the eBay link - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (http://www.ebay.com/itm/150625317899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

It'll be delivered tomorrow (ships from Brooklyn, NY). The seller is someone I've bought from a few times previously and is one I've had good experiences/no problems. It sells at Ballistic.com for $34.99 + tax & delivery, I go it for $19.99 + tax. Seller only charges tax to buyers in NY...which is unfortunately where I live :( but was only $1.68 and FREE USPS 1st Class mail.

I'll try to remember to come back to this thread in a few days & post my thoughts/opinion after I receive it.

killhog
08-24-2011, 03:41 PM
I read good reviews @ Droid X Forums about this Ballistic SG Series Case for Motorola Droid X I bought Saturday 8/20

Here's the eBay link - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (http://www.ebay.com/itm/150625317899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

It'll be delivered tomorrow (ships from Brooklyn, NY). The seller is someone I've bought from a few times previously and is one I've had good experiences/no problems. It sells at Ballistic.com for $34.99 + tax & delivery, I go it for $19.99 + tax. Seller only charges tax to buyers in NY...which is unfortunately where I live :( but was only $1.68 and FREE USPS 1st Class mail.

I'll try to remember to come back to this thread in a few days & post my thoughts/opinion after I receive it.

Looks pretty nice let us know how it is!

Sent From My Beastly DroidX

Lane W
08-25-2011, 06:43 PM
21754 21752 21753

Tried to take a picture that showed this well. I put white paper in background to show camera cut out and the speaker & mic area cut out (there are speaker/mic cut outs in BOTH pieces). Right side pic is the silicon based protector. The left side pic is the impact resistant polycarbonate shell. It covers the entire back of Droid except camera/speaker/mic. Also notice that the corner areas are reinforced for drop protection. This "harder" shell also runs down 2 5/8" between volume & camera buttons. On the left side the "harder" shell is 2.75" leaving HDMI & charger ports open and room at the top for the reinforced corner. (Geez, I sound like a salesman) http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.png

I kept the shell off indoors as it has a little softer feeling & put the shell back on when I went outside; although both gave it a solid feel. I've only had it for a day, but already feel more comfortable going outside with this bad boy on my Droid. Buy it wherever you want (if you choose to buy), but I don't see the reason to spend $15 more buying it from the manufacturer - so I got it on eBay for $19.99 (Free USPS 1st class mail & tax only to NY residents).

I copied this info from their web site:

With the Motorola Droid X, your hand becomes a theatre. Equipped with a 4.3” high res screen, an HD camcorder, an 8MP camera, HDMI connection capability and the ability to become a Wi-Fi hotspot… we know you’ll want to keep this bad boy safe from harm. Therefore we would like to introduce you to the best pocket-able protection on the market, the Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case for the Motorola Droid X.

Our Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series offers amazing protection for your Motorola Droid X. This case is engineered with three layers of protection, including our Ballistic Corners™.

Advanced three layers of protection
Layer 1 - Ballistic shock absorbent polymer
Layer 2 - Tough impact resistant polycarbonate shell
Layer 3 - Soft silicon, equipped with Ballistic Corners™
Lay-on-table feature
Pocket-able protection
**This case also fits the Motorola Droid X2

This is the Ballistic web address & at the bottom there's a 2 minute video & description.

Motorola Droid X Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series Case by Ballistic Case Co. (http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/motorola-droid-x-ballistic-sg-series-case)